Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:38:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US  (Read 25576 times)
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:36:40 AM

I am just curious what the next excuse is...

"Bumping facility was robbed only leaving the boxes the chips came in and some mysterious fans that were placed in the boxes."

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'd go with something like "The mean bad government confiscated all our chips."  That would explain why they have zero which can be proven to work, and also would deflect rage away from their poor abused selves.

An added advantage is that they could also string 'customers' along for a few more month with stories about how their lawyers are about to make a breakthrough in return of the property and so forth.  I think that most of BFL's 'customers' could probably be kept on the line for years judging by the past performance.

<Before I read post 112, I wish to reply to this, post 111.>

With "so forth" consisting of Mt Gox safeguarding the chips, releasing them once the original true owners have been identified after providing proper paperwork.

I just thought of another one.  How about: "Damn bumping facility screwed up and fried the whole batch!"

If people didn't believe that every single one chip got nuked, they might be able to come up with an Avalon and sand the markings off it.

I do like the idea of trying to extract an identity theft kit from the victims though.  Not sure how to work that one in.

They could say they spoke to a lawyer and he advised them that because the chips are considered to be minting money that they cant send them out to people without ID, because terrorists might mine bitcoins  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:43:58 AM

The problem is that accurate shipping estimates and continuing pre-order sales revenues are incompatible concepts.

While this is largely true, it doesn't explain the inability to meet a solid target date for Batch 1.  I think part of their problem is that once the date for completion of the chips slipped, any dates they had locked in for bumping and packaging couldn't be met and they then became dependent on those facilities being able to squeeze them in around other orders.  They're not AMD or Intel, and this isn't a millions of chips run, so they don't have the kind of leverage to get booked orders bumped for their urgent run.

In their shoes, I'd forget about assembling back-orders in-house.  Originally they thought they'd be able to quickly catch up on back orders if they contracted out assembly for batch 1 only.  That's clearly not going to be the case - people ordering now are looking at a delivery date 2-3 months away if everything goes well. 

It's no longer clear when BFL might be able to make the transition to an order turnaround time of less than a week.  They either need to stop taking new orders until they catch up or they need to accelerate their manufacturing process because inability to deliver quickly is going to affect the profitability of their units as everyone - including their own Batch 1 customers - brings more hashing power online. 

It will cost them a lot more to accelerate manufacturing, but that has to be weighed against sales lost due to their inability to deliver units in a known, reasonable time-frame.  A single ordered now could be worthless if delivered in June due to massive difficulty jumps over the next few months.  It's probably not even worth keeping Jalapenos in their product line after the second batch of 6,000 chips is completed and assembled. 

By the time they deliver an SC single will need to be the price of a jalapeno to make it worth ordering.

Clearfly

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:46:29 AM

Don't worry Puerto you will eventually get your Avalon once they start building them.
Now they have the funds from batch #2 to pay for them it shouldn't be too long now..........

I think everyone is waiting for this kind of notice! Grin

I think they are, is that Unit 3?? or Unit 4??  Wink
Homebrewman

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:16:30 AM

Don't worry Puerto you will eventually get your Avalon once they start building them.
Now they have the funds from batch #2 to pay for them it shouldn't be too long now..........
http://i46.tinypic.com/kbafr9.png

I think they are, is that Unit 3?? or Unit 4??  Wink

3 or 4 or 100....
Anything is better than 0.

Not a fan boi of either, would be happy to get any good mining unit.

Just my  0.02BTC
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:54:24 AM

I'm a little confused about what's in Chicago.. I thought they were going to KC then shipping out. Anyone know more about this?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 07:56:01 AM

That's a whole lot of SC Mini Rig cases. Kind of drives home exactly how high the difficulty is going to skyrocket when BFL gets around to shipping them.
Kano counted 89 MR cases in all... with lots of fans.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:13:07 AM

@puertolibre you 1) cannot copy paste information from what you see in your screen
2) did not follow my suggestion.
3) assume english is my native language? 
Well, continue to write whatever you want on anything that refers to bfl if that makes you a happier person.
I sincerely dont give a shit.
Sad people are sad and thats it. good luck with that. (and i wont even ask you how is your hashing monster doing... Wink )
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:28:50 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2013, 08:46:52 AM by PuertoLibre

@puertolibre you 1) cannot copy paste information from what you see in your screen
2) did not follow my suggestion.
3) assume english is my native language?  
Well, continue to write whatever you want on anything that refers to bfl if that makes you a happier person.
I sincerely dont give a shit.
Sad people are sad and thats it. good luck with that. (and i wont even ask you how is your hashing monster doing... Wink )
It hashed my pants?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145544.msg1544896#msg1544896
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145544.msg1544645#msg1544645
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142098.msg1544898#msg1544898
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 09:11:33 AM

I'm a little confused about what's in Chicago.. I thought they were going to KC then shipping out. Anyone know more about this?

The boards are being put together in Chicago.  The final assembly of the actual units is being done in Kansas City, which is where orders will be shipped from.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 09:20:44 AM

The boards are being put together in Chicago.  The final assembly of the actual units is being done in Kansas City, which is where orders will be shipped from.

shipping to the EU plus customs pickup.... ~ 4 weeks.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:46:12 PM

[/quote]
is this from Avalon?
(is this yours or from whom? - order Nr.?)
TIA
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:20:47 PM

That's a whole lot of SC Mini Rig cases. Kind of drives home exactly how high the difficulty is going to skyrocket when BFL gets around to shipping them.
Kano counted 89 MR cases in all... with lots of fans.

Whew. The first few of those owners are going to be very happy customers. It'll be interesting to see the pay-off times for the first rig and the last rig out of the first batch. Regardless, I'm jealous of even that last rig owner. Hopefully the price drops later this year such that I can warrant purchasing one.
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:35:09 PM

Don't pretend to have a DHL notice. We know you don't have. Trolling this thread won't help you.
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:50:30 PM

Whew. The first few of those owners are going to be very happy customers. It'll be interesting to see the pay-off times for the first rig and the last rig out of the first batch. Regardless, I'm jealous of even that last rig owner. Hopefully the price drops later this year such that I can warrant purchasing one.
Don't be jealous. Remember, they had to shell out many money for Minirigs over a half year ago.
Yet no one of them is moaning here. They are serious men who understand development and production problems.
(Not like the ones who cry at every thread for their not ready Jalapeno or still not shipped Avalon.
 It's interesting the noisiest are the ones who preordered nothing.)
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 07:10:21 PM

Don't be jealous. Remember, they had to shell out many money for Minirigs over a half year ago.
Yet no one of them is moaning here. They are serious men who understand development and production problems.
(Not like the ones who cry at every thread for their not ready Jalapeno or still not shipped Avalon.

Your correct to a point, but also, with BFL's business practices and lack of customer support, it really left a bad taste in people's mouths.   There is a way all these companies could of handled things that would not of left so many people bitter.    I reached out to BFL to help with communications but instead they chose the biggest ******* instead that really reflects their company conduct at this point.   Serious men, maybe, risk takers?  For sure.   I am just glad there is competition in the mining hardware market.  That made my day.

D

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 11:05:07 PM

Your correct to a point, but also, with BFL's business practices and lack of customer support, it really left a bad taste in people's mouths.   There is a way all these companies could of handled things that would not of left so many people bitter.    I reached out to BFL to help with communications but instead they chose the biggest ******* instead that really reflects their company conduct at this point.   Serious men, maybe, risk takers?  For sure.   I am just glad there is competition in the mining hardware market.  That made my day.

D

That sums it up nicely. I couldn't afford a SC Mini Rig but I could have purchased roughly half of one back in June-July. I wasn't willing to take the risk and if BFL pulls through I very well will be jealous of the people who were willing to blindly jump into the unknown. Fortune favors the bold.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 04:47:25 AM

ty to PuertoLibre for doing the heavy lifting in these threads, taking a lot of heat for being the voice of reason.

Here is one of those for $190k:
http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/DIAMOND-DA40XL/2007-DIAMOND-DA40XL/1262934.htm

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix. 

ship pre-order monies.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:14:24 AM

ty to PuertoLibre for doing the heavy lifting in these threads, taking a lot of heat for being the voice of reason.

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix. 

ship pre-order monies.

ROFL I'll say it again: who cares about a fucking plane? It's completely useless information. And PuertoLibre as a voice or reason? What have you been smoking?

And as far as this "deafening silence", you realize that Josh posted an update several hours ago, and Kano has been uploading pics over the past 2 days? I don't see anyone else but you complaining about BFL's lack of updates over the past month or so.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:32:57 AM

Here is one of those for $190k:
http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/DIAMOND-DA40XL/2007-DIAMOND-DA40XL/1262934.htm

ship pre-order monies.

I must say it is getting very quiet from BFL. Lots of noise on the bitcoin price and network hash rate. I seen like 4+ TH/s added in the last week.

BFL getting nervous? BFL fan boys liking the higher difficulty? Remember higher difficulty is better lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:58:59 AM

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix.  

ship pre-order monies.

ROFL I'll say it again: who cares about a fucking plane? It's completely useless information. And PuertoLibre as a voice or reason? What have you been smoking?
I don't know what Micon is thanking me for to be honest.

As for you crazyyates, a known BFL supporter, you'd say anything to brown nose a little more.

Even when I repost those said updates, the BFL rep gets crazy angry and calls his own words a lie. (or claims that I misinterpret things)

---------------

The only thing I know for certain is that you:

--Don't have your ASICs in hand after the promised date + 4 (turning into 5) months now.

--You keep being yanked around by your groin from one partial monthly delay to the next.

So no matter how much you flail or huff and puff, that point stands.

---------------
Avalon customers have only been waiting for one month for their shipments. The prototypes are done and a number have been delivered. (a small number)

---------------

BFL customers are now on their 4th or 5th month of waiting after the promised delivery date. The prototypes aren't done and BFL has said this multiple times when asked. So any time you or any BFL customer thinks they can swing like a club "how long an Avalon customer has been waiting"...remember, you have to multiply your own waiting time by multiples of our own.

And you will keep waiting and "taking it" like a champ.  

And as far as this "deafening silence", you realize that Josh posted an update several hours ago, and Kano has been uploading pics over the past 2 days? I don't see anyone else but you complaining about BFL's lack of updates over the past month or so.
Most of his updates are roughly amounting to setting the next delay.

Again, taking it like a champ for nearly half a year. Good job.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: