Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:43:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US  (Read 25575 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:04:50 AM

The only thing I know for certain is that you:

--Don't have your ASICs in hand after the promised date + 4 (turning into 5) months now.

--You keep being yanked around by your groin from one partial monthly delay to the next.

So no matter how much you flail or huff and puff, that point stands.

worth noting lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 06:05:50 AM

1)  Thanking PuertoLibre for continuing to post your thoughts in a very hostile environment for those that believe as you do.

2)  the "updates" and pictures are more spin - they are similar to the show at CES - no ASICs, no mining of any sort, no pictures of actual chips or the bumping process - and in fact no update on the bumping process at all.  If fedex shipped those chips, while BFL holds millions and millions in pre-order monies, no one can get a picture of the chips?  The

here is the latest, hot off the presses:

Quote from: josh zerlan
21 Feb 2013

The chips are still at the bumping facility. They are taking their time, much to our chagrin, to be sure we don't wreck one of the wafers with a failed bump. We are trying to determine if we need to physically go to the bumping facility and sit in someones office until it's done. We should hopefully have more information on that later tonight or tomorrow. If it turns out it would be efficacious, that's what we will do. However, perhaps my reputation will precede me and they will elect to get the job done and send the chips to the packaging facility instead of having me sitting in their office all day.

The good news is, we should be able to accelerate the second set of wafers as well as the bulk of the rest of the wafer run, allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected. This is still being negotiated, but things are looking good as far as that goes.

he managed to somehow work in the following sentance:

"allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected"

I mean, how can anyone take this guy seriously right now?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:14:21 AM

@Micon
Will BFL deliver ASIC at the end or not?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:15:06 AM

If there is anyone you should be mad at, it should be the people you have given money to half a year ago and are still waiting to get your equipment.

As for your blindness crazyyates, the BFL forum is full of complaints.

Now folks like you who are clearly willing to wait any length of time for BFL are turning around and accusing fellow BFL customers of being "trolls" for asking where the situation is currently at.

Customer support is blogging about how how the delays may be even longer. While contradictory statements are being made about when different customers at different order dates will receive their hardware.

----------------
For example,
Do you really think 80+ Minirig owners are going to wait more months after initial shipping while the TH/s drives difficulty through the roof and profitability through the floor with multitudes of other smaller orders?

I don't think so.

Only 6 wafers after 4 to 5 months of delays? 6,000 chips if it is an optimum situation?
Thats crazy, every time I read an update the only thing I see being spelled out is how they are still at the early stage of ensuring a working prototype is going to work.

Avalon is way past that point. The only big deal with Avalon is getting the hardware past customs and into the hands of customers. They are already working on Gen 2.

BFL is still praying and hoping the simulations and "luck" pans out.

As soon as BFL minirig owners see the first BFL orders (big or small) arriving at customer doors, they are going to be turning the screws on BFL to put them as a priority. With so few chips to go around, they are going to be told no, or they will [speculation] make up some story of why they can't deliver smaller orders.

There is a "clusterfuck" coming. It will either be a technical hurdle or a quantity hurdle. Any one with two eyes and a brain can see that from a mile away.

I don't even need to point this out. it has probably already crossed customers minds.

Wait till BFL ships and watch the fireworks.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:56:31 AM

Not really sure what's going down this time. But at the rate I'm finding users on my ignore list, I have a feeling BFL's getting close to shipping  Smiley
https://i.imgur.com/puv6IHb.png

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:59:41 AM

Not really sure what's going down this time. But at the rate I'm finding users on my ignore list, I have a feeling BFL's getting close to shipping  Smiley

Even though he wont see my post...

His image proves a point. People only want to hear what they want to hear. Anything that sounds "bad" or unnerving will be "ignored".

LOL so fucking fail haha

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 07:01:02 AM

There is a "clusterfuck" coming. It will either be a technical hurdle or a quantity hurdle. Any one with two eyes and a brain can see that from a mile away.

I don't even need to point this out. it has probably already crossed customers minds.

Wait till BFL ships and watch the fireworks.

This ^

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 07:28:53 AM

This is all Kano's fault!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=5UilaDwNyeg
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:54:18 PM

Ha, that's just like it was for me in one of the other BFL threads before a split. I go to catch up on 10 pages in a thread only to find half of them are just ignored users..makes reading quite a bit faster Cheesy

Tyger

Activity: 141
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 06:09:16 PM

So when these chips arive they can finally put them on some pcb's, i hope this go's well for them. After e few have been made they need to release them as ready for production (if they have not seen a chip yet this will test the pcb design for the first time and lets hope it works for the first time).
And after that they will need to test all manufactured boards for the first time, hope this FVT works from the first time too.
Or they can send it without testing.
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 07:24:52 PM

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 10:56:35 PM

Am I the first person to notice the date and time of this flight? Unless I didn't get the memo as to which timeline I'm living in, that would make the last time this plane left the ground 7 days prior to the epic flight depicted by pics taken on the 19th. BTW, a simple phone call confirmed this.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:58:46 PM

Maybe BFL time is way behind standard time? It would explain the delays.
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 11:20:46 PM

Maybe BFL time is way behind standard time? It would explain the delays.

Josh PROMISED A PICTURE!!!! WHERE THE EFF IS MY PICTURES!? :p

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:06:03 AM

Am I the first person to notice the date and time of this flight? Unless I didn't get the memo as to which timeline I'm living in, that would make the last time this plane left the ground 7 days prior to the epic flight depicted by pics taken on the 19th. BTW, a simple phone call confirmed this.
I did notice it, but I thought perhaps I was mistaken on when Kano had left for BFL labs.

What do you make of it?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:12:33 AM

I did notice it, but I thought perhaps I was mistaken on when Kano had left for BFL labs.

What do you make of it?

Did kano ever claim that the light aircraft in the picture is the one in which he flew or is that just an assumption people made?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 03:08:49 AM

Did kano ever claim that the light aircraft in the picture is the one in which he flew or is that just an assumption people made?

Yes. That's the plane that Josh and kano flew.

http://198.245.60.111/Pix/

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 05:27:08 AM

Yes. That's the plane that Josh and kano flew.

http://198.245.60.111/Pix/

This is what we know for sure:

There is a plane. The pic was taken from inside the same type of plane from the passenger side with the Australian version of a Galaxy smartphone according to EFIX data.

All images show the same data, albeit the data can be changed prior to uploading the images onto a computer.

The first two images taken outside the lab when taken on the 18th shortly after 10AM.

The rest of the images, sans one, were taken on the 19th, including the joy ride ones. Only one image was snapped on the 20th (the one above the red door image).

The same camera/phone was used to snap the image at the airport on the 24th, according to the data.

I'm still waiting to see an image of Josh and Kano together taken with any camera.

The flight data has me puzzled, but I believe there's a reasonable explanation. Hate to play the other person's hand, but to be fair, it's possible the site doesn't give complete info, hence requesting to pay a fee to see all the flights associated with that craft.

I'm also surprised to not see an image of another person in the second photo reflected in the glass front doors. Perhaps Kano took a cab or had a rental car.

The best I can calculate is a total of less than 20 pics from an Australian Galaxy smartphone.

Would love to see more pics of staff, Kano. At least one with Josh. What did Josh's office look it? Did you meet Jody? Her chickens?

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:08:45 AM

No I didn't take pictures of staff.
I didn't feel comfortable taking pictures of people, so I took them of everything else.

The picture of the plane is the same plane we got into Tongue
That picture is as we were walking to it.
That is Josh who piloted it and I sat next to him in the front - it's a 4 seater (as you can see), 2 front, 2 back.

The jpg headers are simply what GIMP copied (as it says) from the original and saved in the new files I created.
(The originals are all 3264x2448 except where I used the front facing camera to photograph myself)
The Pix folder on my server is also in my Dropbox, so I just load the original picture from my local Dropbox (yes the phone and Nexus photo folders are linked to my Dropbox also), scale it, and then re-save it in the Dropbox Pix folder that is linked in the Pix folder on that web server of mine.
No manual file transfers required by me from anywhere to anywhere, just short Dropbox transfer delays  Smiley
(though I'm not sure when I enabled that, it may have been after the first few pictures - but I'm not sure exactly when I did that)

As I said (no idea who or how many people) the 'Test Room' picture I took later and added later since I noticed I had missed it.

No idea what the problem is with the flight photos. I'm pretty sure I got them in order (unless the taking off one was a landing one Tongue)
We landed where we took off ... on the 19th. All photos should be on KC time, but my laptop is on Sydney time.
May well be the source where you get that data is slow or useless - since it lists the last flight as 12th and we flew on the 19th.

Yes I met everyone mentioned at the top of the page (even Jody's name is there ...)

The second photo was taken by me alone.
As I have said, it was a short walk from the Hotel to BFL, so on the first morning I simply walked there.
(after using Google Map to realise it was less than a 2 minute walk)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Enigma81

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:53:14 AM

To clarify why the flight doesn't show up on any flight-tracker - only IFR and Flight-Planned VFR Flights will show up on a tracker.  If the flight was performed as a simple VFR flight (Which it most likely was since Josh is only a Private Pilot with No Instrument Certification) then it wouldn't have been recorded in most databases.

You were a brave one Kano, Flying with someone who's only had a license for six or seven months in a rental airplane Smiley

Enigma
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: