Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 04:22:04 PM

OP bump:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/the-internet-1715527827.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:29:13 PM

I think we will not need Dash or any other altcoin to have privacy in crypto anyway. Most of the development is happening on Bitcoin. Sooner or later Bitcoin will become optionally as anonymous as all those "anonymous altcoins" and all the money on those coins will come back to Bitcoin. With Confidential Transactions, CoinJoin and more, Bitcoin will have no competition for anonymity as well.

OH RLY?

Bitcoin devs can't even agree on a simple block size solution.

And they are going to implement CT, CJ, and more at the protocol level to be used by default with no issues in the transition process. Okay

let me know when you wake up from your dream.

Maybe because the solution is not simple?
The Core devs have already proved that segwit works:

https://segnet.smartbit.com.au/block/0000008dfef05aa2924f65f3423de9875005a9107ff1c963c6c35f929b32ff0e

Here is proof. So Bitcoin IS scaling, and is getting privacy friendly features added too.

Only idiots are still arguing about blocksize increases and dreaming with some irrelevant altcoin taking Bitcoin's #1 spot, everyone with a brain and money already moved to BTC or is doing so slowly to not raise the market too soon.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. A lot of people share your opinion. Dash will be just fine in that environment. We will establish ourselves slowly at first, with the trickle of users soon becoming a flood for the reasons described in my article in the OP.

I wish Dash nothing but the best, but those people saying how Bitcoin is dead and it can't scale hoping that some altcoin will take its place are nothing but delusional.
Bitcoin is scaling, Bitcoin will get more private, those are facts. You just can't say shit about scaling when alts don't even have to face that problem because they are tiny. If some alt gets as big as Bitcoin it's going to be fun seeing them struggle with scaling. It's easy to talk on the sidelines.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:37:05 PM

I think we will not need Dash or any other altcoin to have privacy in crypto anyway. Most of the development is happening on Bitcoin. Sooner or later Bitcoin will become optionally as anonymous as all those "anonymous altcoins" and all the money on those coins will come back to Bitcoin. With Confidential Transactions, CoinJoin and more, Bitcoin will have no competition for anonymity as well.

OH RLY?

And they are going to implement CT, CJ, and more at the protocol level to be used by default with no issues in the transition process. Okay

https://segnet.smartbit.com.au/block/0000008dfef05aa2924f65f3423de9875005a9107ff1c963c6c35f929b32ff0e

Here is proof. So Bitcoin IS scaling, and is getting privacy friendly features added too.

Only idiots are still arguing about blocksize increases and dreaming with some irrelevant altcoin taking Bitcoin's #1 spot, everyone with a brain and money already moved to BTC or is doing so slowly to not raise the market too soon.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. A lot of people share your opinion. Dash will be just fine in that environment. We will establish ourselves slowly at first, with the trickle of users soon becoming a flood for the reasons described in my article in the OP.

I wish Dash nothing but the best, but those people saying how Bitcoin is dead and it can't scale hoping that some altcoin will take its place are nothing but delusional.
Bitcoin is scaling, Bitcoin will get more private, those are facts. You just can't say shit about scaling when alts don't even have to face that problem because they are tiny. If some alt gets as big as Bitcoin it's going to be fun seeing them struggle with scaling. It's easy to talk on the sidelines.

There is truth in what you are saying but lets just see what the Bitcoin halving will do with regards to its mining activities, its transaction confirmations and longterm how decentralised it will stay as a whole.
Those are currently my main concerns with regards to Bitcoin.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:40:55 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 04:56:16 PM by stan.distortion

Likewise for Bitcoin, imho it should remain the front runner for the whole crypto movement and I doubt you'd find anyone involved with Dash that wants Bitcoin to fail, there's more than enough room for honest competition between cryptocurrencies and competition improves the breed as a whole. Dashes scaling has been addressed in theory at least, 7000 transactions a second are well within the scope of the Evolution whitepaper and a clear path to over 10x that, no doubt there'll be some sort of teething problems but the groundwork is sound. The Evolution whitepaper is around somewhere with details on it, the quorum selection allows lots of transactions to be handled in parallel.

EDIT:
https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf#h.sffj9rn0diom

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:47:16 PM

Investopedia 101

Seems like Ethereum is on her period

It´s still priced at almost 700 million dollars. That´s some serious money.

ETH still got a very solid marketcap and volume in crypto standards

Market cap is not a measure of anything real such as liquidity because for example if just 1% of the supply of Dash was sold it would cause the price to drop 99% whereas only 20% for Monero.

Market cap is not even a measure of how much has been invested in the coin. For example, I create 1 million tokens, then execute one transaction to buy 1 token from myself for $100. No one invested $100 million. Duh!

Much of the volume can be fake due to insiders buying from themselves to create pump of the price, which is especially likely (presumably always) in ICO and insta/premine coins (i.e. scams).

ETH is not even a hundredth of Bitcoin's market adoption:

I thus suggest an idea for a new metric for ranking altcoins.

Sqrt(M x H)

M = Mean transactions fees paid per unit time to decentralized proof-of-work miners
H = hash rate (normalized in electricity cost per hash to SHA256).

Using M = Sent avg. per hour, H = Hashrate (normalized):

Coin |Relative Adoption |Ratio |Adoption-adjusted Market Cap
1.Bitcoin6.5×10¹²1$6.4 billion
2.Namecoin8.6x10¹⁰1/76$85 million
3.Ethereum6.6x10¹⁰1/99$65 million
4.Litecoin1.3x10¹⁰1/500$13 million
5.Dash9.8x10⁹1/663$10 million
6.Blackcoin7.4x10⁸1/8784$0.7 million
7.Dogecoin6.1x10⁸1/10656$0.6 million
8.Auroracoin5.8x10⁶1/1120690$5,931

I edited the table above so readers can see the "Adoption-adjusted Market Caps".

You can see how pitiful the altcoins are.

Edit: your investment money is being siphoned off into the pockets of the insiders of these coins. None of it is achieving any significant adoption.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 04:54:44 PM

OH RLY?

There is truth in what you are saying but lets just see what the Bitcoin halving will do with regards to its mining activities, its transaction confirmations and longterm how decentralised it will stay as a whole.
Those are currently my main concerns with regards to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin's possibly semi-centralized and privately funded attempts to scale notwithstanding, the points I made in the OP stand. Bitcoin, through centralized funding sources, will not be able to innovate and adjust as fast as Dash's decentralized funding and governance model. Over time we will start to see the advantages add up. When you introduce centralization to a decentralized currency, it's a recipe for disaster, if you care about that. Dash is decentralized from top to bottom, it is a priority for us, and that is a model that will provide the cohesiveness and the flexibility to overtake the market leader, and lay claim to the title of Internet Of Money.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 04:58:00 PM

Dash Nation's Fernando Guttierez Presents Dash at the Madrid Bitcoin Meetup:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/dash-overview-madrid-bticoin-meetup-1720964851.html

#DashNation

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:32:54 PM

How can money be siphoned off?  Miner fees?

Are you seriously admitting you are blind?

1. Selling the ICO/pre/instamine to you.

2. Using control of a significant portion of the coin supply (and thus perhaps 90+% of the exchange volume float) to buy coins from themselves, set fake bid/ask walls, and otherwise manipulate you into buying high and selling back to them low. Repeat & rinse.

3. Having some "governance" scheme wherein some staked nodes (e.g. Dash masternodes and Bitshares' DPOS delegates) pay out some of the created-out-of-thin-air coins for each block and pay them to the owners of these staked nodes, which are disproportionately those who control the coin supply from #2. And even paying some of these coins to the lead developers via "voted on projects" (and remembering who controls the staked nodes and thus who controls the votes).

Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:04:50 PM

The top 100 Dash addresses share only 17.87% of the current total Dash in existence.

This is less than any of the major coins:  
Less than Bitcoin 19.4%
Less than Litecoin 49.05%  
Less than Dogecoin 52.52%
Less than Peercoin 60.91%
Less than Namecoin 71.81%

In fact less than any of the main coins listed on the independent site https://bitinfocharts.com/

So anyone wailing about the so-called instamine or unfairness in distribution is just trash-talking and can be safely ignored.  Dash is very nicely distributed thank you very much.  

It is, but Monero shills will keep saying things up including their developer Smooth because well if I can't compete with Evan in coding nor my 30+ developer colleagues why not start a thread about the same issue over and over again with 10 different threads each month!

Reality is you have a hashfast scammer "iCEBREAKER", along with Smooth who is a very low developer btw, & the clown who keeps telling everyone how genius he is for about two years yet we did not see the coin he keeps telling us about not even a white paper TBTP_need_war.

Evan is pissing them off with he's success and I am LOVING IT
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:10:22 PM

How can money be siphoned off?  Miner fees?

Are you seriously admitting you are blind?

1. Selling the ICO/pre/instamine to you.

2. Using control of a significant portion of the coin supply (and thus perhaps 90+% of the exchange volume float) to buy coins from themselves, set fake bid/ask walls, and otherwise manipulate you into buying high and selling back to them low. Repeat & rinse.

3. Having some "governance" scheme wherein some staked nodes (e.g. Dash masternodes and Bitshares' DPOS delegates) pay out some of the created-out-of-thin-air coins for each block and pay them to the owners of these staked nodes, which are disproportionately those who control the coin supply from #2. And even paying some of these coins to the lead developers via "voted on projects" (and remembering who controls the staked nodes and thus who controls the votes).
You truly have a dizzying intellect. The rumours are true! That's quite a fine piece of storytelling right there. Please elaborate, preferably with something that you didn't just pick out of thin air and decide to share with the Internet.

The truth and facts are that Dash Masternodes are decentralized (spoiler alert: my grandmother runs one  Grin) and are a brilliant idea to perform Dash's myriad of current and future open-sourced services. They are a way for the largest stakeholders to have a say in the direction Dash takes, without ceding influence to well-heeled outside entities. Masternodes are a key part in the way Dash is creating Satoshi's vision of a true digital cash.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:14:27 PM

The top 100 Dash addresses share only 17.87% of the current total Dash in existence.

Less than Bitcoin 19.4%

In fact less than any of the main coins listed on the independent site https://bitinfocharts.com/

So anyone wailing about the so-called instamine or unfairness in distribution is just trash-talking and can be safely ignored.  Dash is very nicely distributed thank you very much.  

It is, but Monero shills will keep saying things up including their developer Smooth because well if I can't compete with Evan in coding nor my 30+ developer colleagues why not start a thread about the same issue over and over again with 10 different threads each month!

Reality is you have a hashfast scammer "iCEBREAKER", along with Smooth who is a very low developer btw, & the clown who keeps telling everyone how genius he is for about two years yet we did not see the coin he keeps telling us about not even a white paper TBTP_need_war.

It's like you wrote the Shitcoiner's Guide to Shitcoin Logic

The Shitcoiner's Guide to Shitcoin Logic

This is a handy guide for those who are sick and tired of technical arguments. Don't be the victim of technowizardry and logic, don't let the cryptocurrency world be ruled by math, fuck math! Math is for eggheads and dorks and no future is going to be dictated by protocols. Cryptocurrency is easy and a good marketing plan and these helpful techniques will be all you'll need to put nerds on standby and rocket your shitcoin to the moon and beyond.

#1. No matter how dire the warning from those technobabling nerds sound, they can be easily refuted with one word--JEALOUSY. Say it often and say it proud and don't let their theoretical arguments get in the way of you and your rightful shitcoin future. If they tell you the algowhateverthingy is broken, say "These blankcoin motherfuckers have been saying that for months and look, our coin is still alive and stronger than ever! They're just jealous that (our coin is ahead of them on coinmarketcap.com) or (our coin has twice the innovation as that has-been and every day we're eating into their market cap)." If you can work SCARED and JEALOUS into the same post, all the better.

#2. THAT"S JUST LIKE YOUR OPINION MAN. This a technology built around theoretical math, and you don't have to know much about theoretical math to know that these eggheads are always arguing about who's right. But lucky for you and your shitcoin is that you don't have understand therorhetical math to pull the OPINION card. Just keep saying it and no one will notice that you aren't actually arguing math, game theory, economics, or any other nerdisms. Just keep on saying it's just their opinion, because there are more people with no therorhetical understanding than there are that do--and you just need their money to launch your shitcoin into the stratosphere (or whatever crap is between us and the moon).

#3. FUD. If 1 and 2 aren't doing the trick just keep repeating FUD (while simultaneously slipping in every possible negative you can about them or whatever coin they endorse). Politicians call this mudslinging, but we'll call it FUDslingin'.

#4. "They're attacking us therefore...." Use this in conjunction with a Ghandi quotation, JEALOUSY, and FEAR for a powerful trifecta of shitcoinery. Ghandi may have been shot and India may have been split into India/Pakistan and their cause may have been helped by the English fighting wars in Europe and Asia, but who cares? No one investing in your shitcoin is worrying about the subtleties of history--you just need a slogan and an authority figure to back up your bumper sticker logic.

#5. If all else fails, TROLL! Make fun of their mom, their dad, their girlfriend, their lack of a mom, dad, or girlfriend. Say they're poor, say they're rich, say they have a small penis, a big penis, multiple penises of varying size--whatever, anything to get the subject off a technological footing. People buy on emotion and abusing people's emotions is shitcoinery 101.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:22:33 PM

can you please leave penises out of this discussion generalizethis .. thank you.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:24:32 PM

Less than Bitcoin 19.4%

It's like you wrote the Shitcoiner's Guide to Shitcoin Logic

The Shitcoiner's Guide to Shitcoin Logic

This is a handy guide for those who are sick and tired of technical arguments. Don't be the victim of technowizardry and logic, don't let the cryptocurrency world be ruled by math, fuck math! Math is for eggheads and dorks and no future is going to be dictated by protocols. Cryptocurrency is easy and a good marketing plan and these helpful techniques will be all you'll need to put nerds on standby and rocket your shitcoin to the moon and beyond.

#1. No matter how dire the warning from those technobabling nerds sound, they can be easily refuted with one word--JEALOUSY. Say it often and say it proud and don't let their theoretical arguments get in the way of you and your rightful shitcoin future. If they tell you the algowhateverthingy is broken, say "These blankcoin motherfuckers have been saying that for months and look, our coin is still alive and stronger than ever! They're just jealous that (our coin is ahead of them on coinmarketcap.com) or (our coin has twice the innovation as that has-been and every day we're eating into their market cap)." If you can work SCARED and JEALOUS into the same post, all the better.

#2. THAT"S JUST LIKE YOUR OPINION MAN. This a technology built around theoretical math, and you don't have to know much about theoretical math to know that these eggheads are always arguing about who's right. But lucky for you and your shitcoin is that you don't have understand therorhetical math to pull the OPINION card. Just keep saying it and no one will notice that you aren't actually arguing math, game theory, economics, or any other nerdisms. Just keep on saying it's just their opinion, because there are more people with no therorhetical understanding than there are that do--and you just need their money to launch your shitcoin into the stratosphere (or whatever crap is between us and the moon).

#3. FUD. If 1 and 2 aren't doing the trick just keep repeating FUD (while simultaneously slipping in every possible negative you can about them or whatever coin they endorse). Politicians call this mudslinging, but we'll call it FUDslingin'.

#4. "They're attacking us therefore...." Use this in conjunction with a Ghandi quotation, JEALOUSY, and FEAR for a powerful trifecta of shitcoinery. Ghandi may have been shot and India may have been split into India/Pakistan and their cause may have been helped by the English fighting wars in Europe and Asia, but who cares? No one investing in your shitcoin is worrying about the subtleties of history--you just need a slogan and an authority figure to back up your bumper sticker logic.

#5. If all else fails, TROLL! Make fun of their mom, their dad, their girlfriend, their lack of a mom, dad, or girlfriend. Say they're poor, say they're rich, say they have a small penis, a big penis, multiple penises of varying size--whatever, anything to get the subject off a technological footing. People buy on emotion and abusing people's emotions is shitcoinery 101.
Fantastic post. Are you sure I can't get you to join Dash Nation? Your creativity and persistence would be an asset to the team...

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:39:14 PM

can you please leave penises out of this discussion generalizethis .. thank you.

As soon as you answer my questions: How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

It's like these questions are lepers or something--given the dash community's hands-off approach to addressing them. I promise the answer won't kill you, just force you see by your own hand why the question asked in the title is a big ol' NO.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:44:13 PM

As soon as you answer my questions: How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

It's like these questions are lepers or something--given the dash community's hands-off approach to addressing them. I promise the answer won't kill you, just force you see by your own hand why the question asked in the title is a big ol' NO.

you do know i already answerred your post here .. right ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430587.msg14489672#msg14489672
anyways, i know how you like to stay in the past but lets try to move forward for a change....

just as a reminder, in case you forgot --> Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:45:56 PM

you do know i already answerred your post here .. right ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430587.msg14489672#msg14489672

And you lied:

(BTC, DASH, XMR and most likely a lot more cryptocurrencies out there)
fall under that "instamine" category.

Fucking liars.

Additionally BTC and XMR don't have a masternode scam to print DRK to hand to insiders who use their instamine to stake masternodes. It doesn't cost anything ongoing to have masternode. It is print-money-out-of-thin-air scam.

You Dash fuckers will never stop lying.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:49:04 PM

anyways, i know how you like to stay in the past but lets try to move forward for a change....

oh dear, i dont think certain people are ready to move forward  Undecided

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:53:21 PM

oh dear, i dont think certain people are ready to move forward  Undecided

Another clown, qwizzie, has been put on Ignore.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:55:29 PM

oh dear, i dont think certain people are ready to move forward  Undecided

Another clown, qwizzie, has been put on Ignore.

oh darn, i had so many questions to ask you... to be honest mostly about your initials but still.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:56:17 PM

LOL. Apparently you think a spin article answers what only numbers can answer:

How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? ___ <-- a number goes here

How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? ___<-- a number goes here

How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours? ____________________ <-- a number goes here

Reminder, a coin can't erase its past to become the future of money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: