Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:57:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42358 times)
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:58:27 PM

The man definitely has his priorities right. I mean if he was so sorry for Andersen, why doesn't he simply sign something so as to actually do something about it, like repair the damage to Andersens reputation by proving he indeed is Satoshi?

His "sorry" is of no good to Andersen.

Who is this Andersen person you keep referring to?  Grin

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:00:57 PM

The man definitely has his priorities right. I mean if he was so sorry for Andersen, why doesn't he simply sign something so as to actually do something about it, like repair the damage to Andersens reputation by proving he indeed is Satoshi?

My hand always types him that way, lol... I should stick with Gavin Tongue
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:05:09 PM

My hand always types him that way, lol... I should stick with Gavin Tongue
Gavin? Whos that?  Tongue
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:14:36 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 07:01:41 PM by defcon23

so funny : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/craig-wright-says-sorry-goodbye/   Grin

Gavin : explainations please ..  Grin

"Andresen said:

"[Craig Wright] signed, in my presence, using the private key from block #1, the very first block mined on a computer. I was convinced."
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:28:20 PM

This is interesting as well:

Gmaxwell R3KT - this criticism below seems reasonable and implies you have no clue how in PGP windows works, how about explaining this?
That document is a thoroughly confused rant written by some fraudster.

What the "paper" is pointing out is that although the hash preference list or "8 2 9 10 11" and the other metadata were not conceived of or implemented until a year after the claimed date (as I pointed out); it was possible, by a long series of complex manual commands to manually override the preferences and punch in whatever ones you wanted, even the 'future' ones.

You may note that it take great care to provide no citation to my actual comments, in fact it quotes me but uses an image for the text-- making it more difficult to even search for it. Allow me:

"The suspect keys claim to be October 2008; the commit was July 2009. So no, not without a time machine. It's possible that the settings could have been locally overridden to coincidentally the same defaults as now." https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w027x/dr_craig_steven_wright_alleged_satoshi_by_wired/cxsm1yo?context=2

-- so the whole theory that this "paper" writes for pages and pages as if it were some great concealment on my part is a possibility I explicitly pointed out.

The problem with it is that it requires the user to have executed a long series of complex commands to override the preferences and have to have guessed the exact selection and ordering of the preferences that wouldn't be written for a year-- when if they preferred a particular cypher they would more likely have taken the existing "2 8 3" and stuck their choice on the front.  Not only that, but they would have had to have done so on the same day that they created a totally ordinary key and published it, yet this other key-- which looks exactly like one created with post-2009 software and entirely unlike the well known one-- was provided to no one for years, not placed on public key servers and until now and otherwise has no evidence of its prior existence. Come on, give me a break.

It's "possible", a fact a pointed out explicitly back then, but this possibility thoroughly fails Occam's razor-- especially on top of the evidence presented by others: Archive.org showed the subtle "hint dropping" added in blog entries was back-dated, added in 2013, SGI reported that the published letter on their letterhead was fake, the lack of cogent technical commentary from that party, etc.

Bringing it back on topic, I'd say that it's surprising that all these Bitcoin Classic folks believe such tripe, but in the context of all the other incompetent nonsense they believe, it doesn't seem so surprising.

And now:

http://www.economist.com/news/briefings/21698061-craig-steven-wright-claims-be-satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin

In an article in the press kit accompanying the publication of his blog post, he takes aim at Gregory Maxwell, one of the leading bitcoin developers, who first claimed that the cryptographic keys in Mr Wright’s leaked documents were backdated. “Even experts have agendas,” he writes, “and the only means to ensure that trust is valid is to hold experts to a greater level of scrutiny.”

The whole "do this, do that" step-by-step in Wright's blog reminds me of this: https://www.scribd.com/doc/306521425/Appeal-to-Authority-a-Failure-of-Trust

...although they both fail spectacularly in terms of substance. So, with the attack on authority, now these 2 things seem connected, and then you have Gavin on top of it. wtf...

=> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hyb8k/the_blocksize_debate_the_personal_attacks_against/
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:33:23 PM

hahaha very funny news indeed , I don't get how people believe with this kind of trick news. And it is definitely a hoax.
He is a famewhore and wants to get attention of bitcoiners.

Signature for rent
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:46:40 PM

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 01:54:12 PM

Serves him right, if he continues saying he is Satoshi then he'll go to Jail for suspicions of having involvement in terrorism, if he backs out he'll go to Jail for identity impersonation fraud. tl;dr, he's going to Jail for sure and when he does he'll talk and give names of his accomplices.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
oldbute

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:08:41 PM

Not sure if this was posted, too many threads on this.  Seems he hired a PR firm for this

http://qz.com/676834/satoshi-nakamoto-hired-david-bowies-pr-agency-for-his-big-reveal/
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1818
Merit: 2788

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 02:14:20 PM

I’m Sorry

I believed that I could do this. I believed that I could put the years of anonymity and hiding behind me. But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot.

When the rumors began, my qualifications and character were attacked. When those allegations were proven false, new allegations have already begun. I know now that I am not strong enough for this.

I know that this weakness will cause great damage to those that have supported me, and particularly to Jon Matonis and Gavin Andresen. I can only hope that their honour and credibility is not irreparably tainted by my actions. They were not deceived, but I know that the world will never believe that now. I can only say I’m sorry.

And goodbye.

And goodbye to you, Sir!  Gavin still has some explaining to do in my mind.

troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:15:57 PM

There's no way Craig Wright to be Satoshi and I'm disappointed that Jon Matonis and Gavin Andresen joined this crazyness. I lost all my respect to them after this incident.
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:21:37 PM

BREAKING NEWS: FALSE SATOSHI PROVEN

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36213580

Drama ended. Let's continue with the blocksize debate....

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 02:45:30 PM

Bitcoin 'creator' backs out of Satoshi coin move 'proof'
Classic sociopath. Now he's the "victim". Roll Eyes

Gavin still has some explaining to do in my mind.
No. Gavin either got conned pretty badly, or has signed that NDA that was also offered to Antonopoulos. Either way, he's a risk; it is time for both him and Matonis to depart.

Replace the existing drama with another type of drama? There is no need. Core has a clear plan for 2016.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
aurigae

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 02:45:58 PM

Neither proven if he is or not , anyways - the movie like pr banner painting smart equations on a glass made my day

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

if you want to read thru CSW's posts:

https://archive.is/6DH8w

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:00:29 PM

To be honest it does seem like this whole drama has mustered up a pretty good theory on the real Satoshi, maybe Craig finally decided he couldn't pretend to take claim for his dead friends work.

I am pretty much staying in the David Kleiman = SN group for now, and I am pretty damn okay with that.

The only reason he used Kleiman is because he's dead.

Dead people are convenient because there are no contradictions in the unfolding story. The narrative is controlled by the person talking as the dead can't speak. It's like saying a lie that involves others. It's better if you lie about something that involves only you - you need less witnesses. If you have to involve others, well, dead people are the way to go....
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:07:20 PM

To be honest it does seem like this whole drama has mustered up a pretty good theory on the real Satoshi, maybe Craig finally decided he couldn't pretend to take claim for his dead friends work.

I am pretty much staying in the David Kleiman = SN group for now, and I am pretty damn okay with that.

The only reason he used Kleiman is because he's dead.

Dead people are convenient because there are no contradictions in the unfolding story. The narrative is controlled by the person talking as the dead can't speak. It's like saying a lie that involves others. It's better if you lie about something that involves only you - you need less witnesses. If you have to involve others, well, dead people are the way to go....
True but I am pretty sure Satoshi is dead, or we would have heard something by now via some avenue.

We probably have in 2 instances.

1) I'm not Dorian Nakamoto
2) The August post on the dev mailing list

(The third one with "I'm not Craig Wright - we are all Satoshi" was spoofed)
jukka

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:09:37 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, what a joker. I just can't it's too hard to sign a block it hurts me emotionally to prove I am not a big fucking liar. Oh poor me just believe me on my word and not the two minutes it takes to sign an address.

what a sad guy this craig dude really is. i'd like to understand what he tried to achieve with thi bs.
Leonius

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:12:34 PM

We'll never know truth of anything now, proof is gone, craig is gone.  Satoshi could be dead.
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:14:16 PM

what a sad guy this craig dude really is.

Dude - he is an Aussie.  Aussie do weird shit like this.  Who the fuck knows why?  Probably some strange DNA defect.  Fuck them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: