Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
Acidx

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:18:58 AM

https://secure.peerplays.com/cart.php shows:

Bundle of 10 Peerplays Tokens (0 Available) - $30 [Pay with Bitcoin or bitUSD]

Sooo.... somebody just bought like 85000 tokens at once?! ~2 hours ago there were still 8500 bundles available!

Shocked
   I wonder if its for the DAO

I thought the same. But it cannot be the dao itself, I think. DAO proposal needs two weeks debating time. The Peerplays proposal is just up for ~one week now. As far as I understood. Or maybe Peerplays had to remove these tokens from the market so that they can meet their obligations to the DAO in case they approve the Peerplays proposal.

Peerplays guys... can you elaborate on this please?

Last I heard about the DAO was that peerplays were going to update the proposal, maybe this has something to do with it. Let's wait for the devs to let us know.

DCruz

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:42:22 AM

Sooo.... somebody just bought like 85000 tokens at once?! ~2 hours ago there were still 8500 bundles available!

Shocked

PeerPlay tokens are going to be the 'Black Card' of the Crypto Currency world....there are so few of them available...and the cost per coin will be very expensive...the normal person will not be able to afford it.
I also think people who have them will not be selling them as easily as other tokens because of the residual income on each coin. So doesnt surprise me both rounds are sold out so fast.
coinhugger

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:49:03 AM

Shocked

PeerPlay tokens are going to be the 'Black Card' of the Crypto Currency world....there are so few of them available...and the cost per coin will be very expensive...the normal person will not be able to afford it.
I also think people who have them will not be selling them as easily as other tokens because of the residual income on each coin. So doesnt surprise me both rounds are sold out so fast.

That is a great way of describing Peerplay tokens. As exclusive as the Black Card or Centurion Card from American Express. I'm so glad I bought Peerplay tokens.

4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:17:16 PM

Supply is back up.  8475 bundles available.
DCruz

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:26:54 PM

Shocked

That is a great way of describing Peerplay tokens. As exclusive as the Black Card or Centurion Card from American Express. I'm so glad I bought Peerplay tokens.

You definitely did the right thing. Peerplay tokens should easily have the 3rd highest price point (behind Bitcoin and Xaurum) by the end of the crowdsale in the Fall and available supply at 1 million is second to Xaurum. Once people see the platform and potential...I think the crowdsale this Fall will see prices at least in the $20-$30 range (if not more). I would be surprised if the DAO does not invest because of all the projects up for proposal...Peerplay has the fastest (and soonest) potential to make income (launch is November)...from what I can tell...most other proposals will not have any type of income until next year at the earliest...and at the end of the day..the DAO needs to show return on investment.

4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:30:58 PM

Can someone on the team please explain a discrepancy to me that I have been wondering about?

On the website there are 8475 bundles at the time of writing this.  So this means that 115,250 of the 200,000 tokens have been sold.  So why does the number of tokens in the asset details (freedomledger) say that 98,760 is the current supply or 101,240 have been sold.  If people are holding tokens and havent paid for them, the peerplays.com number should reset after 24 hours, but it keeps going down.

Which is correct?
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:35:36 PM

if we get a working platform Smiley There is always a risk with these things. But this seams better than most.

To peel or not to peel.
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:48:53 PM

Can someone on the team please explain a discrepancy to me that I have been wondering about?

On the website there are 8475 bundles at the time of writing this.  So this means that 115,250 of the 200,000 tokens have been sold.  So why does the number of tokens in the asset details (freedomledger) say that 98,760 is the current supply or 101,240 have been sold.  If people are holding tokens and havent paid for them, the peerplays.com number should reset after 24 hours, but it keeps going down.

Which is correct?

You have to actually request the tokens after you have purchased them. It looks like there are many tokens who were bought but not yet requested.

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:57:04 PM

With bitcoin heading to 1000 USD I wonder if it is prudent to wait till it goes up in value first before buying. I suppose this is a bit risky as all the tokens could be sold out tomorrow. I need to get on that rich list lol

To peel or not to peel.
4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:02:14 PM

Which is correct?

You have to actually request the tokens after you have purchased them. It looks like there are many tokens who were bought but not yet requested.

Thank you SwedishGirl that makes absolute sense.  I didn't even think of that.  That's probably what it is.
Tripjammer

Activity: 394

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:20:34 PM

There is at least 1 week left before Peerplays is sold out then you will be able to buy and sell more on the bitshares exchange. It's November before the auction happens so the bitshares exchange will be where it's at to get tokens. The price could go crazy by November....

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:50:51 PM

Is this the most underrated project? Seems like a lot of upside, but no mass adoption. Is is the token price that's scaring everyone  Huh

Disagree 100%

Let it play out.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Overrated if anything. Valuation is beyond ridiculous for where this is at.
acuteioa

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:54:52 PM

Hi DataSecurityNode, BunkerChain.Labs.Inc. or anyone else from the Peerplays team,

I have this question: what is the incentive for the DAO to follow your DAO proposal over just letting its members individually buy the Peerplays token themselves directly from your site?

Do Peerplays tokens bought by the DAO get a higher percentage in the rake fees for example? Or are the Peerplays token bought by the DAO exactly the same as the token we can buy at your website?

Or.... what I'm more curious about... as a buyer of Peerplays tokens... do I have any disadvantage over the DAO participants?

I'm a holder of both DAO tokens and Peerplay tokens, and therefore would like to know these details.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:01:46 PM

Hi DataSecurityNode, BunkerChain.Labs.Inc. or anyone else from the Peerplays team,

I have this question: what is the incentive for the DAO to follow your DAO proposal over just letting its members individually buy the Peerplays token themselves directly from your site?

Do Peerplays tokens bought by the DAO get a higher percentage in the rake fees for example? Or are the Peerplays token bought by the DAO exactly the same as the token we can buy at your website?

Or.... what I'm more curious about... as a buyer of Peerplays tokens... do I have any disadvantage over the DAO participants?

I'm a holder of both DAO tokens and Peerplay tokens, and therefore would like to know these details.

Good question and well written.

I would say there is no difference in the incentive. If there was, it would turn the community rabid.

Being a holder in both thedao and peerplays, I thought it was great marketing on the side of peerplays to get the word out.
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:03:29 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 06:27:06 PM by BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Some updates were just completed at Freedom Ledger where Peerplays are now featured in the markets:

The current pairs are:

Peerplays/ETH
Peerplays/BTC
Peerplays/USD
Peerplays/BTS

They are just open markets if you wish to trade.

Regarding the sudden supply, it as due to a cart error. It was resolved earlier today and more people are buying.

In regards to the DAO, yes, watch for another update. We are getting calls and messages everyday about the DAO proposal from their holders about it.

There is only 8.3% of the total Peerplays supply left for this round of the crowdfund.

coinhugger

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:03:49 PM

Is this the most underrated project? Seems like a lot of upside, but no mass adoption. Is is the token price that's scaring everyone  Huh

Disagree 100%

Let it play out.

Valuation is VERY low if you ask me. 1M Peerplay tokens at 2 or 3 USD a piece...  that's just $3M USD or maybe more if the auction in November goes wild.

Compare that to WAVES ICO where they gathered over $30M... that's 10 times higher! And the kicker, WAVES got no working code ready yet. Heck, they haven't even released a lite client for their investors.

And then look at the Peerplays team and all the expertise, skills and knowledge they bring to the table and the companies they work with for building Peerplays. Compare that to WAVES where we only know the front man Sasha... and that's it.

Peerplays will be built upon a proven and hardened platform (Graphene) that is miles ahead of other projects out there in terms of technology and capacity. And then the use of the Bitshares Platform to release tokens to investors right away, before the mainnet is working, now that's service. The WAVES investors are still waiting to receive anything.

Anyway, I'm not picking on WAVES, I bought some myself, but just to compare how well Peerplays is set up for their launch and how well they take care of their investors.

I've participated in almost every ICO out there. From experience I can say that Peerplays got their ducks in a row, they will go far.

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:19:28 PM

Disagree 100%

Let it play out.

Valuation is VERY low if you ask me. 1M Peerplay tokens at 2 or 3 USD a piece...  that's just $3M USD or maybe more if the auction in November goes wild.

Compare that to WAVES ICO where they gathered over $30M... that's 10 times higher! And the kicker, WAVES got no working code ready yet. Heck, they haven't even released a lite client for their investors.

And then look at the Peerplays team and all the expertise, skills and knowledge they bring to the table and the companies they work with for building Peerplays. Compare that to WAVES where we only know the front man Sasha... and that's it.

Peerplays will be built upon a proven and hardened platform (Graphene) that is miles ahead of other projects out there in terms of technology and capacity. And then the use of the Bitshares Platform to release tokens to investors right away, before the mainnet is working, now that's service. The WAVES investors are still waiting to receive anything.

Anyway, I'm not picking on WAVES, I bought some myself, but just to compare how well Peerplays is set up for their launch and how well they take care of their investors.

I've participated in almost every ICO out there. From experience I can say that Peerplays got their ducks in a row, they will go far.

Do you have any affiliation with peerplay? You make a good case.  But as far as game development goes and the existing structure that uis a lot of overheads so it could fail the way I see it. Waves was built on hype and on a low budget. I do wonder what will happen to the ICO money lol.

Do you happen to know what stage the game development is at?

To peel or not to peel.
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:20:40 PM

We are coming out with a new modified proposal based on feedback from DAO holders like yourself that will provide more details than can be covered at this time.

To answer your question directly in regards to added incentive via some higher percentage, no there is no such thing.

Buying Peerplays tokens will not give you any disadvantage over being a DAO holder.

The new DAO proposal will be published soon detailing what we are likely to move forward with for voting because it is based on everything we have heard from DAO holders as to what they would like to see.

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:30:56 PM

The ICO-sale is going much faster than I expected. Personally, I'd like to see the dev team make a nice video in which they introduce themselves, the place they work and their ambitions.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 05:42:24 PM

The ICO-sale is going much faster than I expected. Personally, I'd like to see the dev team make a nice video in which they introduce themselves, the place they work and their ambitions.

Just here in my bunker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMjgioJq5I

Cheesy

This is the lead guy on the project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: