Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:36:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
DCruz

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:04:36 PM

Count me in, fellas.....just wish I'd come across this project a few days earlier, as I would love to have 50% more tokens!! Either way, I'm pleased to be on board Smiley

Looking forward to all the anticipation surrounding the Peerplays platform and it's unveiling later this year.  

YEah its not well advertised really. But I guess they dont really need it. Only fools dont buy into it  Tongue

They probably want this project flying under the radar for these first 200k tokens.

Seems the marketing and advertising will most likely kick in before open beta.  At that point, the second "auction style" fundraising drive will have peeps going nutso for the remaining 500k tokens.  That will be fun to watch, I'm sure Grin

EDIT: I would gladly and proudly display a peerplays signature, if one was available

Mostly likely less then the 500K tokens available for the 'Auction' if the DAO accepts the proposal and invests in Peerplays. Which should be an added benefit for early investors. Wink

Crypto_MERC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:00:06 PM

Count me in, fellas.....just wish I'd come across this project a few days earlier, as I would love to have 50% more tokens!! Either way, I'm pleased to be on board Smiley

Looking forward to all the anticipation surrounding the Peerplays platform and it's unveiling later this year.  

YEah its not well advertised really. But I guess they dont really need it. Only fools dont buy into it  Tongue

They probably want this project flying under the radar for these first 200k tokens.

Seems the marketing and advertising will most likely kick in before open beta.  At that point, the second "auction style" fundraising drive will have peeps going nutso for the remaining 500k tokens.  That will be fun to watch, I'm sure Grin

EDIT: I would gladly and proudly display a peerplays signature, if one was available

Mostly likely less then the 500K tokens available for the 'Auction' if the DAO accepts the proposal and invests in Peerplays. Which should be an added benefit for early investors. Wink

So is that the plan?  If there are not 50k Peerplays tokens left for The DAO from the initial 200k offered in the ico, will the devs dip into the 500k reserved for the auction in Oct?
DCruz

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:28:36 PM

So is that the plan?  If there are not 50k Peerplays tokens left for The DAO from the initial 200k offered in the ico, will the devs dip into the 500k reserved for the auction in Oct?

not sure what the plan is because the revised DAO proposal is not out. But that would make sense IF additional tokens are needed for The DAO. We only have around 62K tokens in this round left and The DAO proposal (revised) is not even up for vote yet. My thinking is IF the DAO accepts the proposal and some of the auction tokens are given to the DAO (once again I am only speculating)...that would be a good thing for current holders of Peerplay tokens because there will be less available for the Auction (thus possible higher value for each token) AND the float will be less when the token starts trading in the open market (because The DAO will not be selling their tokens anytime soon).

But either way, with or without The DAO...I think the potential is still there for this project to be very successful in the near future. I like the concept and vision of the team.

Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:36:19 PM

not sure what the plan is because the revised DAO proposal is not out. But that would make sense IF additional tokens are needed for The DAO. We only have around 62K tokens in this round left and The DAO proposal (revised) is not even up for vote yet. My thinking is IF the DAO accepts the proposal and some of the auction tokens are given to the DAO (once again I am only speculating)...that would be a good thing for current holders of Peerplay tokens because there will be less available for the Auction (thus possible higher value for each token) AND the float will be less when the token starts trading in the open market (because The DAO will not be selling their tokens anytime soon).

But either way, with or without The DAO...I think the potential is still there for this project to be very successful in the near future. I like the concept and vision of the team.

Thank you for your input and theories.  It all makes sense.
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:11:50 PM

DAO is too slow. As I already wrote the proposal was good for the extra publicity but it was never a realistic option. And the improved proposal is probably not out yet, because the Peerplays team has realized that everything will be long sold out before the DAO makes any kind of meaningful decision.

Also what happens if ETH drop significantly? F*ck the DAO. This project can ride a bit on the DAOs hype but certainly does not need the DAO as there will be enough funding anyway.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:47:48 PM

I love this idea.  I love that the team is quick to respond to questions asked by the community.  I love that this is so under the radar with only 1 million tokens (with no POS, forging, etc).  1 million....that's it.  Never any more.  

If this project comes to fruition, which it seems like it can and will, all the early investors will be riding high.  It doesn't matter if you bought the tokens for $2 or $3, because if successful, the gains will be mindblowing.  And with profit-sharing?  A diamond in the rough.

These reasons alone are worth taking a gamble on Peerplays.  I mean what is crypto anyway?
i wonder where all these strange people are coming from who wants to convince everybody to buy more tokens. VERY STRANGE AND SUSPICIOUS
there are two options:
(1) you are a disgusting attention seeker and have mental problems
(2) you are bought for this promotion or you are involved in a possible scam
Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:33:31 PM

I love this idea.  I love that the team is quick to respond to questions asked by the community.  I love that this is so under the radar with only 1 million tokens (with no POS, forging, etc).  1 million....that's it.  Never any more.  

If this project comes to fruition, which it seems like it can and will, all the early investors will be riding high.  It doesn't matter if you bought the tokens for $2 or $3, because if successful, the gains will be mindblowing.  And with profit-sharing?  A diamond in the rough.

These reasons alone are worth taking a gamble on Peerplays.  I mean what is crypto anyway?
i wonder where all these strange people are coming from who wants to convince everybody to buy more tokens. VERY STRANGE AND SUSPICIOUS
there are two options:

Who pooped in your Corn Flakes?
Tripjammer

Activity: 394

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:51:35 PM

there are two options:

Yeah what are you getting at?

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:00:44 PM

there are two options:

Who pooped in your Corn Flakes?

Haha, this made me laugh
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:13:44 PM

This isn't like a normal ICO. I bought and basically I want the rest to be bought quickly so I praise it. No one is paying me. If it was a typical ICO where the value of the tokens got less as more people invested I would not be so vocal about it.

This is an exciting project. A BLOCK CHAIN GAME FFS!!!! THAT IS AWESOME

To peel or not to peel.
Palaxidon

Activity: 462

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 06:14:53 PM

anywhere that I can see how many tokens are now distributed?

Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:01:54 PM

anywhere that I can see how many tokens are now distributed?

http://www.cryptofresh.com/a/PEERPLAYS (which shows distribution of tokens)

https://secure.freedomledger.com/#/asset/PEERPLAYS
(This shows how many of the tokens have been transferred to feedomledger/openledger.  I'm guessing some buyers have not filled out support tickets yet to have their tokens sent to their BTS account.)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:43:50 PM

is the crowdsale over yet?

No 5k tokens left at 3usd each.. www.peerplays.com and sign up Smiley

4theLOVEofCrypto says 75,000 left. How do we know it's 5K or 75K left?

Currently at the $3 sale price and about 75,000 left

4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 08:01:46 PM

Currently there are just under 60k tokens for sale in this tier.  5992 x 10 per bundle = ~60k
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 08:35:12 PM

Currently there are just under 60k tokens for sale in this tier.  5992 x 10 per bundle = ~60k

Thanks.

Well, I'm in.

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:07:15 PM

What will bets per second be?
HomoHenning

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:20:29 PM

expensive shit

true story. 3 million bucks for an idea and website is not bad.
HomoHenning

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:23:40 PM

I want the rest to be bought quickly so I praise it
why do you want that? It make no sense, you have your epensive peerplays and the rest will be sold in the crowdsale anyway (and much cheaper as i except). are you paid for this disgusting promotion?
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 10:08:18 PM

Man you're really feeling this project, huh? Its the just the beginning lets see how it goes!

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
nharan

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:33:26 PM

Sorry, another question just out of curiosity in regards to the team. Neil Haran, one of the team members, worked as a CEO of Inearth until April this year. 11-50 employees according to Linkedin but the website is offline. What happened to the project?

Hi Tusho,

During my days at inEarth, we worked on all sorts of games while trying to figure out what could be successful in the social gaming marketplace. We finally concluded that integrating financial incentives through blockchain technology would be the future of gaming, and in April of this year, the inEarth company was officially dissolved. This has allowed me to turn my focus on the development of the core features of the Peerplays blockchain, with the aim of creating an architecture which will enable an entire ecosystem to be built around it.

If you are looking for an example of some of my previous work, one of my personal favorite games that we developed is called Rawbots: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Rawbots.

Rawbots lets players build their robot/machines similar to legos, program their robots and then engage in epic battles against other people's robots. One idea we have been floating around recently is the notion of using Rawbots as a prototype proof-of-concept in order to demonstrate some of the features that the Peerplays decentralized marketplace will offer to MMO games, like the ability for players to buy and sell their awesome Rawbots which they have built from scratch.

That said, here are copies of Rawbots for mac and windows if you want to check it out (linux is experimental):

Windows:
Dropbox - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38744980/rawbots_windows_0_1_4.zip
Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B42Wtrlp8xi9VGQ4VGxqSVNYN2s
Torrent - https://kat.cr/rawbots-windows-0-1-4-t12391367.html

Mac:
Dropbox - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38744980/rawbots_1.4_mac.zip

Linux (may or may not work):
Yandex (folder) - https://yadi.sk/d/W906cTEK6-ERw/Rawbots%20Latest/Linux

There are quite a few tutorials on YouTube, but here are a couple:
Beginner tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_2Tqm2RQk
Intermediate tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ysu0XDOFjw

This is just one small example of the many things we have in the works for this project in the near future. I am putting together an outline that I hope to release next week which should give a good high level overview of how the ecosystem will be organized in terms of gaming development.

Any interviews or videos with Neil Haran speaking about the project? His linkedin says the following about peerplays "Bringing provably fair MMO gaming to a new decentralized internet." MMO is actually a term reserved for different type of games and is not used for gambling/sports betting etc. Would love to hear what the man has to say about all this.

Hi SwedishGirl, MMO stands for “Massive Multiplayer Online” gaming, which simply refers to any game which is able to support a large number of concurrent users within the same ecosystem/world. It can be applied to poker, sports betting, League of Legends, or any other of the thousands of popular social games. Even games like Farmville, Clash of Clans etc. which are asynchronously MMO (users don't interact with others in real time), are still generally categorized as MMO. Hope this helps to clarify Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: