Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
maxsinner

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:18:19 PM

Just for clarification,

Dan Larimer left Bitshares? Dan is working for steemit to pay his bills, n from steemit bitshares can got improvments that can be developed. Bitshares keep working on maintenance n development with Dan guys, just take a look cryptofresh.com/workers we keep pushing to keep leading Smiley
Bitshares has what it takes, it has funds for more than 5 years of continuously development as you can see in cryptofresh.com

People just need to get used to freedomledger n openledger....this is the future, when next bitcoin bubble pop we will see massive exchanges closing down n stolen user funds, there people will start thinking with themselves why they werent using a decentrilised exchange like openledger, its fucking safe, no kyc, no signup no risk of been stolen, easy backup no software need, what more do we need?
Just my 2bts Smiley

@Rick M, you speak a lot of sense. Most people just can't seem to wrap their minds around a decentralized exchange yet, but it definitely is the future. Personally I love to use OpenLedger, it works easy as pie, a child could use it, not sure why people find it so hard.

Sure, the charts could be expanded more and have more indicators and other fancy features, but that's all just interface stuff, any dev can create their own Ledger UI and add whatever functionality they want, it's only a matter of time before more great UIs will be designed and released for Bitshares Decentralized Exchange.

Another thing to note: Peerplay coins aren't actually in existence yet, the tokens on BDE are just place holders for the real thing. Once mainnet launches and we get our real Peerplay coins they can then be traded on any exchange that wants to list it.

Who wants to bet against me that I can get this listed on Yobit? I am betting 2 BTC on odds of 2.0. If anybody is interested, let's find a trusted escrow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:54:33 PM

Wilhelmer

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:23:06 AM

You guys keep humming your song, but all I have to if Bitshares wasn't garbage, it's value wouldn't just be a constantly decline tell yourself whatever you want to hear to make yourselves feel better about your investment  Roll Eyes

It's funny you guys even mention cryptofresh, some no name Ruby developer made a block explorer better then / before the official team even made one that's worth using... what a joke.

Man, bishares didnt run away with peoples money  wasnt hacked even, this in 3 years.....what survives in crypto soace 3 years n remains strong like a rock? Almost none....

Price is not there? Right, it happens in all market, the good thing its a bargain right now in crypto space for the size, reputation, tech, expertise, experience, community, network effect, volume, china users

Just my 2bts

I actually bought some Bitshares the other day but decided to sell them off once I read more into the Bitshares community. I'm not too sure who's really leading the Bitshares platform at the moment and i'm not exactly comfortable with that. Perhaps I did not do that much research into it and you can assist with clarifying? Just feels at the moment, it's just the Bitshares community holding it up. Whereas, in other Cryptos, e.g ETH has Vitalik or the ETH Foundation, SIA has Taek, etc.

If you can assist me with identifying who are the core members of Bitshares, that would be great. Am trying to find the roadmap for it as well but can't really seem to locate any.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 08:12:30 AM

You guys keep humming your song, but all I have to if Bitshares wasn't garbage, it's value wouldn't just be a constantly decline tell yourself whatever you want to hear to make yourselves feel better about your investment  Roll Eyes

It's funny you guys even mention cryptofresh, some no name Ruby developer made a block explorer better then / before the official team even made one that's worth using... what a joke.

Man, bishares didnt run away with peoples money  wasnt hacked even, this in 3 years.....what survives in crypto soace 3 years n remains strong like a rock? Almost none....

Price is not there? Right, it happens in all market, the good thing its a bargain right now in crypto space for the size, reputation, tech, expertise, experience, community, network effect, volume, china users

Just my 2bts

I actually bought some Bitshares the other day but decided to sell them off once I read more into the Bitshares community. I'm not too sure who's really leading the Bitshares platform at the moment and i'm not exactly comfortable with that. Perhaps I did not do that much research into it and you can assist with clarifying? Just feels at the moment, it's just the Bitshares community holding it up. Whereas, in other Cryptos, e.g ETH has Vitalik or the ETH Foundation, SIA has Taek, etc.

If you can assist me with identifying who are the core members of Bitshares, that would be great. Am trying to find the roadmap for it as well but can't really seem to locate any.

It's still the fastest and cheapest blockchain around...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/48spvc/bitshares_now_offers_the_cheapest_transfers_on/

If you have new data to counter that, I would be interested to read it.
dannote

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:51:02 PM

Man, bishares didnt run away with peoples money  wasnt hacked even, this in 3 years.....what survives in crypto soace 3 years n remains strong like a rock? Almost none....

Just my 2bts

It's still the fastest and cheapest blockchain around...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/48spvc/bitshares_now_offers_the_cheapest_transfers_on/

If you have new data to counter that, I would be interested to read it.
At this point, BitShares has moved beyond a single leader, which IMO is a good thing.

There are many groups actively developing and promoting BitShares in different ways:

SVK and xeroc develop and support tools for the users (web wallets, python api tools, docs, etc).

BitShares Munich group (led by Chris and Kencode) develop and support an android/ios mobile wallet. They also are integrating BitShares into point-of-sales systems. They've also expressed plans to update the web wallet to support stealth transactions (blinded and stealth transactions are currently only supported in the command-line interface wallet).

OpenLedger, led by Ronny, supports a number of gateways for selling popular crypto and fiat assets on the decentralized exchange and they are constantly adding new ones.

Roadscape develops and supports the block explorer, www.cryptofresh.com. Transwiser provides a gateway for CNY and a couple of cryptocurrencies as well.

BlockTrades.us (my company) runs a shapeshift-like service that supports popular cryptocurrencies. We manage a "blockchain maintenance worker" that adds new features at the blockchain layer and we also make fixes when necessary (I'm happy to say there haven't been any significant bugs at this level for quite a while). We're currently working on adding a feature to allow UIAs (user-issued assets) to pay "dividends" to their holders. We've also hired a new web guy to improve the web wallet in areas of most interest to us (i.e. bridge functionality and gateways) and I'm in the process of hiring another C++ guy now.

There's also a couple of other groups working on mobile wallets and fiat-tracking assets for several different countries.

Cryptonomex, led by Stan, still works tirelessly to promote BitShares and is constantly seeking new partners to join our ecosystem.

Please note this is by no means a complete list of the groups working to build up the BitShares ecosystem, this is just some of the ones I know reasonably well.
DM0000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:11:30 PM

Is there a roadmap for peerplays?
What is the next step for peerplays?
I am in the dark and I would like to have some answer from whomever is in charge of peerplays please.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 03:42:09 PM

Is there a roadmap for peerplays?
What is the next step for peerplays?
I am in the dark and I would like to have some answer from whomever is in charge of peerplays please.

that's outlined in the OP, I'd start reading this first...

DM0000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:04:34 PM

The post above me says a lot!

"I believe Peerplays and LISK can do amazing thing together!"

http://www.peerplays.com/news/lisk-considered-for-gamification-through
Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:24:32 AM

And for some reason the moderators thought that post was not on topic and deleted it. 

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

I would love to see these two pair up.  Of course a lot of that feeling has to do with me owning both of these up and coming cryptos, but still, i believe and support both projects and feel the pairing could be a great strategic partnership.
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:19:25 PM

And for some reason the moderators thought that post was not on topic and deleted it. 

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

I would love to see these two pair up.  Of course a lot of that feeling has to do with me owning both of these up and coming cryptos, but still, i believe and support both projects and feel the pairing could be a great strategic partnership.

Thats kind of weird, why would they delete a post like that?
fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:35:26 PM

i don't know why they deleted my post either???
Either way Peerplays wanted to collaborate with The Dao and that isn't going to happen now.
LISK has sidechains and a very strong and stable price and community.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 04:49:49 PM

i don't know why they deleted my post either???
Either way Peerplays wanted to collaborate with The Dao and that isn't going to happen now.
LISK has sidechains and a very strong and stable price and community.

I guess someone reported that post as spam and it got deleted. better ask the mods

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:59:22 PM

I'm sorry to say. But the whole way this ICO was set up i completely messed up. There is not gonna be any volume on the freedom ledger and once Peerplays launches it's going to initiate an huge auction... I aint gonna wait for all this.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 05:07:47 PM

I'm sorry to say. But the whole way this ICO was set up i completely messed up. There is not gonna be any volume on the freedom ledger and once Peerplays launches it's going to initiate an huge auction... I aint gonna wait for all this.

there was enough time to buy in, wasn't it?

fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:49:01 PM

I would have to agree there is very little volume of freedomledger.com and bitshares's volume isn't all that impressive.
Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:41:12 PM

I kind of like it.  I'd rather they do it this way, and now with these initial funds work on the project and make some headway.  Then when it is almost done, auction off the rest to assess the true value of Peerplays.  It rewards the early risk taking investors, and allows a product to near completion up front, rather than offering up nothing but vaporware when the majority of tokens are sold.

Also keep in mind that when mainnet goes live, these tokens will have other outlets/exchanges available for trading and moving them around.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:05:35 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 01:25:27 PM by clovis A.

I kind of like it.  I'd rather they do it this way, and now with these initial funds work on the project and make some headway.  Then when it is almost done, auction off the rest to assess the true value of Peerplays.  It rewards the early risk taking investors, and allows a product to near completion up front, rather than offering up nothing but vaporware when the majority of tokens are sold.

Also keep in mind that when mainnet goes live, these tokens will have other outlets/exchanges available for trading and moving them around.

I don't mind it either tbh.

Half a million dollars is not that much. They could have been greedy, left the ICO open and collected far more BTC.  Seems to me this was a show of integrity on their behalf.  Albeit, we have to stand around and wait, but like MERC said, those that took the risk will be rewarded handsomely if all goes according to plan.

Few months isn't really that long on the grand scheme of things anyway Smiley

EDIT: If the devs would participate, maybe opening up a community Slack would be a good way to drum up some activity and make this project feel more alive while we wait.....just a thought

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 02:08:38 PM

Here's a short how-to buy Peerplays Tutorial

Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:35:50 PM

I like clovis' idea of a community slack.  If the devs want to open one up I would also like an invite to participate.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 07:00:27 PM

How is the logo contest going?  I have no skills so won't be participating but I am kind of interested in seeing what others come up with. 

Would it be advantageous to open the contest up to communities outside of crypto?  I was thinking of setting up a deviantart account and providing a link there if their mods allow it?  Thoughts?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: