Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:54:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services  (Read 813921 times)
bingble

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:30:02 AM

Well, many thanks for the good advices.

But if I want to buy bitcoin with PayPal or Credit Cards, which platform can you suggest? Safe enough and can be trusted by the buyer and seller.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:45:37 PM

But if I want to buy bitcoin with PayPal or Credit Cards, which platform can you suggest? Safe enough and can be trusted by the buyer and seller.

The best rates you could get are probably from individuals but for PayPal you have Virwox, as for credit cards: Cex.io, Coinbase, Coinmama, BitPanda. The availability of these services depend on your location (KYC verification could be needed).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
UnusualMouse

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:18:50 PM

The best rates you could get are probably from individuals but for PayPal you have Virwox, as for credit cards: Cex.io, Coinbase, Coinmama, BitPanda. The availability of these services depend on your location (KYC verification could be needed).

Is the transaction fee in virwox high? And does they have a maximum amount to convert? I am also interested to convert my balance.
vedmak02

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:11:49 PM

Thanks for the post.
What about neteller and payoneer exchange for buying BTC/LTC?

Payoneer is easier to chargeback I believe. Neteller will depend on the payment method used to load it. (A credit card is easily reversible but a bitcoin deposit is not).

Is it even possible on Payoneer? Have ever experienced it before?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:22:13 PM

Is the transaction fee in virwox high? And does they have a maximum amount to convert? I am also interested to convert my balance.

The fees changes based on the payment method you use but yes, overall, It's high. There is maximum and unlike other exchanges, limits are not raised by verification but by time so you need 10 days for level 1, 30 days for level 2 and 60 for the level 3 which will allow you to buy a maximum of 400 Euro per 24 hours (PayPal or Skrill), there is a level 4 but It's not on request so you will have to contact them for it.

Is it even possible on Payoneer? Have ever experienced it before?

I used a few years ago and I asked them about it. IIRC, you will have to fill some documents or send proof but yeah It's possible to chargeback.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vedmak02

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:13:30 PM

I used a few years ago and I asked them about it. IIRC, you will have to fill some documents or send proof but yeah It's possible to chargeback.

How do you imagine it with buying coins?) "Hi support, I was bying coins and the other guy scammed me, here's the screenshot, can you please revert the payment?" Cheesy
Answer: "yeah, sure, we will revert the payment and block your account as buying coins is agains our rules, have a nice day!"
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:24:53 PM

Beware! This man is a PayPal Fraudster! He bought some bitcoins from me a couple of weeks ago. I did my due diligence  by requesting a selfie of himself holding a valid drivers license that matched his paypal info ,, and a statement. 3 days after the settlement he starts a dispute claiming that he did not authorize the transaction.

https://imgur.com/a/Lg5W9
YanaDesign

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:19:42 AM

We must stop speculation about return money sended on Skrill.
If I understand correct text bellow in the case when one personal (non commercial) Skrill account send money on other personal Skrill account, possible cancel deal only if money was not received on second account!
After second account receive it - sender have no way for disput about return money for non commercial accounts!

Skrill return transfer politics:

Can I cancel a 'send money' transaction?
You may be able to cancel a 'send money' transaction if you act quickly.
Provided the other party hasn't already accepted it, you may cancel the transaction at any time up to 14 days after it was authorised.
Once the transaction has been processed successfully, you will only be able to cancel it if the transaction was authorised fraudulently. In such a case, please contact the Skrill Help Team by clicking on the available contact channel below.
https://support.skrill.com/PAYMENTS/Send-Money/905759012/Can-I-cancel-a-send-money-transaction.htm

I have sent money for an item or service I never received. What should I do?
If you have sent money to a merchant or seller who is registered on our system, please check with them first. They may be experiencing stock or delivery problems, or may be able to offer an alternative if the item you ordered is no longer available.
If your problem cannot be resolved, please report it to the Skrill Help Team, who will advise you on the next steps.
Money sent to personal account holders via Skrill cannot be returned. However, if you have a suspicion about a payment that has been already processed, we would like to hear about it. Please contact the Skrill Help Team by clicking on the available contact channel below.
https://support.skrill.com/SECURITY/Phishing-Scam/905760622/I-have-sent-money-for-an-item-or-service-I-never-received-What-should-I-do.htm
Teemu

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:34:52 PM

What would be right service to withdraw ETH to PayPal EUR account? anycoindirect was bad experience.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:38:35 AM

What would be right service to withdraw ETH to PayPal EUR account? anycoindirect was bad experience.

According to a Reddit post, QuadrigaCX allow you to do that. I checked the website though and I couldn't find such details, you may want to get in touch with the support team.
impishpry

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:41:34 AM

PayPal is not recommended for bitcoin transfer and trading indeed, knowing how it works. But is Skill one of those "unsafe" platforms?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:33:25 AM

PayPal is not recommended for bitcoin transfer and trading indeed, knowing how it works. But is Skill one of those "unsafe" platforms?

I believe It's just like Neteller. It's safe as long as It's funded with bitcoin or any other irreversible method. Just ask the source of funds each time you're trading with someone using Skrill.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Otcrit Platform

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:06:23 PM

I've been using Revolut for fiat for over two years now, no fees to a certain limit and 20 times cheaper than paypal.. PayPal should be anyones last option.
Revolut recently added cryptocurrencies and they have a mastercard with the mobile app. Probably can kill all crypto projects like TenX, much wider adoption and experience in the field.
CoinSHA256

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:33:26 AM

Dear readers,

I just saw this topics and I have seen it too late.

I sold 0.04 BTC + wallet fee to a ebay an customer and the same day more 0.02 + wallet fee to another ebay customer. They have paid via PayPal instantly. I was waiting a bit in order to get some information from ebay or paypal about fraud or stolen accounts. I had conversation with both customers via ebay and after five hours I have decided to send them there bitcoins. Next day starts the show, PayPal blocked the money I have received for 0.06+wallet fee and they start kind of research. I have provided all the proofs I had Wallet addresses that were empty before I sent BTC and after I have send the BTC from my Wallet Address, prints screens of My bitcoin transaction etc. It was unauthorized order and payment.  After few days I have received this from PayPal:

Dear MyName MySurname,

Our investigation into the bank reversal below has been completed.

Name of sender: CustomerName CustomerSurname

E-mail sender: customer_email@hotmai.co.uk

Transaction reference sender: 8WH0420287817264W
     Your transaction reference: 1HX88360DL2616742
     Transaction date: 12 December 2017
     Transaction amount: 225.00 EUR

Unfortunately, we can not compensate you for the bank cancellation, because the transaction does not fall under PayPal seller protection.

This issue is now closed.

Thank you for your patience with this procedure. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Now you can see how it easy to loos money via ebay and paypal…  After that I have sold more bitcoins I just returned money back and stop with selling bitcoins through ebay and PayPal and I just looking for some more reliable way of trading.  I have paid my lessons.

Kind Regards
joktel

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:54:22 AM

But despite de scams stories, there should be some positive ones...
Have you had any nice experience, please tell us you stories on how were you able to filter to get an honest person to deal with.
aardwolf89

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:03:55 AM

Hi? Buddy

Any suggest for me , what the  best methode to pay?
MilkChix

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:23:44 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2637444.0

Bitflur gives you paypal payouts for BTC...but since it's reversible, they also allow Amazon and Bluebird payouts which AREN'T reversible.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:42:46 PM

Bitflur gives you paypal payouts for BTC...but since it's reversible, they also allow Amazon and Bluebird payouts which AREN'T reversible.

Amazon gift cards are reversible If obtained bought using credit cards (most of the time, It's carding). I bought once from someone on Paxful and a few hours later, they got chargebacked and the balance disappeared from my account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zoaretz

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:46:55 PM

Unbelievable! So can u know of the gift card was bought using credit card?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:39:59 AM

Unbelievable! So can u know of the gift card was bought using credit card?

It's not possible so you should simply ask the seller of a proof on how he bought the cards. If the card is physical, It shouldn't be a problem I believe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: