Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 12:39:13 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services  (Read 243682 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 09:34:33 PM

yeah...it is very risky to transact from paypal...for me if posible i will use a paypal dummy account to receive the money then transfer to main account before sending the BTC amount.

And then PayPal pulls the money out of your main account, through the dummy account, all the way back to the chargeback.

As far as I know , PayPal never does that. The only thing they would do is take the balance from your account , If you don't have any then your balance will become negative , once you deposit an amount , It will be sent to whoever chargebacked the transaction.

Years-long veterans of #bitcoin-otc will tell you about the domino PayPal chargebacks if you don't believe this one.

Ex:
Chargebacker sends to dummy account with $0 in it
Dummy account sends 100% to main account, dummy account returns to $0 balance
Main account either withdraws to bank or leaves it on PayPal balance or otherwise spends it

Chargebacker chargebacks
Dummy account with $0 goes negative
Main account either goes negative, PayPal balance is sent back to the chargebacker, or in some cases, the bank account they withdrew to is debited back to the chargebacker

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jhood2880

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:39:39 PM

Wish I would have seen this thread a year ago. I was burned by someone on ebay/paypal for 2 bitcoins. Wont use paypal again.
Wikibits

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:29:47 PM

PayPal's Dirty Tricks
http://www.moneymakergroup.com/Paypal-s-Dirty-Secrets-t511388.html

Stay Away from PayPal.
Goms

Activity: 252

KOMODO

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:09:34 PM

Can you send funds from a PayPal account without verifying your ID or address?

skibibenny

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:13:20 PM

thank you very much for this information
holydarkness

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 04:26:50 AM

Can you send funds from a PayPal account without verifying your ID or address?

It should be easier for you to google that than to ask here, but yeah, read here

david chritopheria

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 10:20:48 AM

reversal is important for a sender
valuable one
ceedmkbtc

Activity: 42

Like my job

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 02:22:53 AM

thanks for advice nice  Cool

I am serious Men like trust people i hate Scammer
bandung01

Activity: 129

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:36:34 PM

there are obstacles anything with paypal?

vDICE.io |     √ Processed 10,000 Bets     √ Ethereum Smart Contract (Dapp)
vDICE.io|                      The Crowdsale Object: ‘vSlice’ Token
vDICE.io |     √ Ethereum blockchain       √ ‘SatoshiDICE-style’ betting game
.|
 |
 |
ICO Open
ICO Open
ICO Open
holydarkness

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:14:14 PM

there are obstacles anything with paypal?

If your transaction happen between you and yourself or between you and someone that you extremely trusted (like your family, close friends, or.. yourself) then it is fine. The main concern on paypal transaction is the paypal owner can cancel his transfer anytime while the bitcoin owner can not. So, there is a possibility where the bitcoin owner had send his amount to the paypal owner but the paypal owner cancelled his paypal payment, resulting the bitcoin owner being scammed and lost a lot.

Playboi

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:06:23 PM

Good read. I've read many articles about the chargebacks, so I just avoid paypal in general.
What i've realized

If the sender sends the money from a credit card and not a balance, the chances of them being able to chargeback are almost 100%
If the sender sends it as family and friends from a balance, they can't charge it back
If the sender sends it as a good / service, they can charge it back through PayPal with a high chance of them winning

There are plenty of threads on community <dot> ebay <dot> com about sellers getting screwed left and right
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 07:12:51 AM

If the sender sends it as family and friends from a balance, they can't charge it back

Wrong.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat
Pulithey1986

Activity: 266

Buying OneVanilla at 75%

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:27:14 AM

From what i know to avoid a chargeback being successful is only by either using a vcc and vba to verify the account and either move the funds to another account after receiving them or withdrawing the funds to a different account not linked to that paypal, it has worked for me for the past 6 years without any issues.

But you will always have to create a new pp account after the chargeback, and from what i saw is that i always use the same details, name, address, including my ID and paypal never has a problem with that

i am LRRR ruler of the planet omicron persei 8
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things
kotwica666

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:15:06 PM

Wrong.

Yep, there is possibility of charge back when someone send as friends and family. It is more complicated, because have to proove that this transfer was not authorized. I don't know exactly how they can do that, but it can happen when for example someone hack account and make transfer - it is not authorized operation and can be charged back.

hulla

https://www.facebook.com/bitsane

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:09:16 PM

Money sent through PayPal and any other money transfer service that accepts credit cards can be easily reversed by the sender, even after several weeks. Therefore, you should only accept PayPal in trades with people you trust very highly.

This is why newbies are not likely to sell their PayPal USD for bitcoins successfully.

Some other services that are not totally safe:
- Bank transfers (ACH, etc.) except wire transfers
- Most gift cards.
- Moneypak
- AlertPay
- Paysafecards
- Dwolla
- Western Union (they reportedly will sue the recipient to recover money in some cases)
OP, Money gram is not not included in your some other services that are not totally safe list. Does that mean Money gram is ok cos I want to sell some few coin thru localbitcoin and I want to receive the money using Western Union or Money Gram.

You might exchange your reversible payment for another like LR here: http://exchangezone.com/
Is the site safe and trustworth cos some exchanger site end up as a scam site.

Adbitco

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:46:06 AM

Is there any safest method then?
cyberarmy786

Activity: 445

Paypal vcc vba with cheap rate

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 06:04:22 PM

yes you are right so everyone should think before take payment through paypal

suntrust vba $8 instant verify vcc start with 4$  http://cheapvccs.com
Skype click here for add me automatic http://goo.gl/wzeIZl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.