Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:09:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136764 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:49:05 AM

I don't speak for my generation, a lot of them are pretty screwed up but, we didn't cause all the worlds problems nor can we fix them so, have at it and, good luck!  Grin

at least we can agree that there's a lot of messed up with both generations

Maybe we should blame the older generation for not teaching the young what a ballot box is, after all, 'Bregzit' might not have happened if the youth turnout matched the pensioner turnout.
Or maybe we should blame the establishment for distracting the young with celebritism and consumer gadgets.
Or maybe we should blame the establishment for pampering to the old's feeling of wealth since they are more likely to vote.
Or maybe we should blame the establishment for redirecting money creation from loans for business generation, towards loans for existing housing supply and consumerism, leading to an asset price explosion and an indebted and economically enslaved younger generation who for the first time in decades will be much worse off than those who lived before.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:16:31 PM

I don't speak for my generation, a lot of them are pretty screwed up but, we didn't cause all the worlds problems nor can we fix them so, have at it and, good luck!  Grin

We can certainly agree on that. Common ground I would think.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
RJF19

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:35:23 PM

Maybe we should blame the older generation for not teaching the young what a ballot box is, after all, 'Bregzit' might not have happened if the youth turnout matched the pensioner turnout.
Or maybe we should blame the establishment for distracting the young with celebritism and consumer gadgets.
Or maybe we should blame the establishment for pampering to the old's feeling of wealth since they are more likely to vote.
Or maybe we should blame the establishment for redirecting money creation from loans for business generation, towards loans for existing housing supply and consumerism, leading to an asset price explosion and an indebted and economically enslaved younger generation who for the first time in decades will be much worse off than those who lived before.

And therein lies one of the major stumbling blocks to any solution, blame. Can I blame the moon for replacing the sun at night? Sure, but where would it get me? Nowhere of course. Can I install electric lights so I can see again at night? Sure. that would be called a "solution" and it would take money, time and most importantly, work.

I think it will all work out in the long run if we can avoid destroying the planet or ourselves in the process but, we have to learn to accept failure right along with success. One does not exist without the other. It's like the people who continually DDOS this forum. Exactly what do they hope to gain? If it is a personal attack on theymos, they are just wasting their time. If it is a global attack on Bitcoin or crypto in general, they are still wasting their time, there are plenty of other places to discuss crypto and a few angry script kiddies aren't going to change anything.

It is ineffective in achieving whatever goal they have in mind yet they keep doing it. We need to stop "doing it" just because we can and work together toward the goal of transforming governments and social structures so they work with the people and for the people not against the people. Remember NOTHING is impossible, there is a peaceful solution to every problem as long as you have a bigger gun...  Cheesy

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:22:39 PM

It is ineffective in achieving whatever goal they have in mind yet they keep doing it. We need to stop "doing it" just because we can and work together toward the goal of transforming governments and social structures so they work with the people and for the people not against the people. Remember NOTHING is impossible, there is a peaceful solution to every problem as long as you have a bigger gun...  Cheesy

Community > Devs
RJF19

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:44:28 PM

Now there's a guy who doesn't want to change the system unless the changes are his.

cryptofarmer

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 09:05:14 PM

www.Mining-Dutch.nl

Back in business.!
All bugs and problems solved and mining blocks stable.!

Hope to see you back soon.

www.Mining-Dutch.nl  (Merged Mining - Multiport / Multi algo)
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:21:48 PM

Hi team

I know there is a merchant platform under development.

WI'll it have a Point of Sale system that links up to Apple and microsoft devices in store that will printake receipts or tally items on a list for a restaurant or retailer.

I'm interested to know your thoughts on the potential for a slightly differento system where a customer makes a cash purchase and then the system offers you your chaneeds in auroracoin...

Regards.
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:10:48 PM

Hi team

I know there is a merchant platform under development.

WI'll it have a Point of Sale system that links up to Apple and microsoft devices in store that will printake receipts or tally items on a list for a restaurant or retailer.

B  I'm interested to know your thoughts on the potential for a slightly differento system where a customer makes a cash purchase and then the system offers you your chaneeds in auroracoin...

Regards.

A & B (above) would both be very useful developments.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
freebtc4e

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 04:42:30 AM

Hi all,
I want to ask AURORACOIN are available on the exchange YOBIT ,
there's right is not it ??
because , I see in the OP does not update   Huh

>>>https://yobit.net/en/trade/AUR/BTC

thanks in advance !!!
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 05:56:57 PM

Hi all,
I want to ask AURORACOIN are available on the exchange YOBIT ,
there's right is not it ??
because , I see in the OP does not update   Huh

>>>https://yobit.net/en/trade/AUR/BTC

thanks in advance !!!

There have been some troubles with Yobit in the past. We decided to take it off the OP when multiple claims came in from users that were unable to withdraw their coins. We will look into it again and see if things have been resolved.

Thank you for your response.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:37:59 PM

So, I've been trying to find out when the mining reward will half.

Looking at the code, it seems like it's going to be at block 2,100,000, which *would* turn out as roughly 4 years from genesis had we been mining multialgo all along. But since the first 225000 were mined with much lower speed (but equally higher subsidy), we "lost" 2 years and the reward halfing will be roughly 3 years from now (6 years from genesis).

I rounded the numbers generously, but is this correct?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
LockOut

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:38:42 PM

do you know how to withdrawal aur from bter?
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:14:07 PM

Looking at the code, it seems like it's going to be at block 2,100,000, which *would* turn out as roughly 4 years from genesis had we been mining multialgo all along. But since the first 225000 were mined with much lower speed (but equally higher subsidy), we "lost" 2 years and the reward halfing will be roughly 3 years from now (6 years from genesis).

Molecular, you are correct.  Instead of trying to make changes to it, we just went with the static number based on what it would have been had we been multi-algo.  We figured if there was significant reason to calculate the 4 year mark and redo the code, we had a bit of time to make it work.

Any worries about it other than it changes the reward/time curve for this initial period?

-Fuse

Community > Devs
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:40:52 PM

Molecular, you are correct.  Instead of trying to make changes to it, we just went with the static number based on what it would have been had we been multi-algo.  We figured if there was significant reason to calculate the 4 year mark and redo the code, we had a bit of time to make it work.

Any worries about it other than it changes the reward/time curve for this initial period?

-Fuse

Nope, no worries.

However: if you do want to make a change to shorten the period, you should rather do it early (as in: now) than later. I would suggest to leave things as they currently are, though. Any change affecting predictability of supply (not just total supply, but also generation rate) better be damn well reasoned. I really can't think of any reason that would merit such a change at this point.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Romeo1979

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:42:18 PM

soo... anybody in Iceland knows this coin ?

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:01:32 PM

Nope, no worries.

However: if you do want to make a change to shorten the period, you should rather do it early (as in: now) than later. I would suggest to leave things as they currently are, though. Any change affecting predictability of supply (not just total supply, but also generation rate) better be damn well reasoned. I really can't think of any reason that would merit such a change at this point.

I totally get what you're saying.  Short of some kind of bug or unforeseen catastrophe, I can't see a reason to change any of the supply dynamics ever again.  Even then, it would take an act of God to get us to make those changes without complete community(merchant/user) approval.  The fact that the halving change has been in place, and this is the first time someone has really mentioned it is a good thing.  It means it wasn't disruptive.

As always, thanks for the input, mate!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
JessicaG

Activity: 343
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 09:33:30 PM

-Fuse

Nope, no worries.

With the unforeseen arise of the ASIC's during the beginning of cryptocurrencies, the whole halving idea might be a bit outdated. Dropping the halving protocol and making the reward a static one could perhaps solve it easily?

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 08:53:24 AM

The rise of difficulty should counteract the ASICs, to some extend. The halving was made to (1) restrict the creation of the coin and (2) reward the mining effort, while the influence of newly created coins on the economy would have a reducing effect, allowing it to grow. Fees should take over the mining rewards at halving and eventually the stop of generation of new coins. The time of halving becomes less and less a factor on the market with each halving.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:05:04 AM

Dropping the halving protocol and making the reward a static one could perhaps solve it easily?

A constant reward is IMHO not such a good idea, as it doesn't take into consideration that the market will grow. In a young market there is much more risk involved regarding success of the coin, which IMHO should also pay off for the miners. Later, if the coin really takes off, there is less risk involved. How would you justify this to the early miners? They get the same reward, more profit, for less risk.
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:05:54 PM

soo... anybody in Iceland knows this coin ?

10% of the Icelandic population took the effort of claiming in 2014-2015

Every now and then the coin hits the largest newspapers in Iceland, last was connected to the vice documentary film http://motherboard.vice.com/read/auroracoin

Other recent news coverage is connected to the isx.is Icelandic exchange opening.

If you ask people here if they know cryptocoins they all know about Auroracoin.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: