Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136766 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:49:17 AM

I believe in auroracoin especially since the people of Iceland only have auroracoin as their virtual currency alternative. It has a history already and I believe the next pump it has will be long lasting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:40:38 PM

I believe in auroracoin especially since the people of Iceland only have auroracoin as their virtual currency alternative. It has a history already and I believe the next pump it has will be long lasting.

I hope you are correct, but everything seems to have gone very quiet in Auroracoinland.  The devs have not given us any updates on progress, either technical or promotional, for quite a while now.

It would be encouraging to hear something, anything, on what they are up to.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:36:33 PM

I hope you are correct, but everything seems to have gone very quiet in Auroracoinland.  The devs have not given us any updates on progress, either technical or promotional, for quite a while now.

I'm going to break protocol about talking about developments.  We don't like talking about things that aren't released yet because we don't want to create hype, but we do have things in the works.

Wallet update should be out shortly which improves on loading times and other small things, as well as a new android wallet.  Both in testing.  An intermittent issue with the android wallet electrum connectivity is delaying that release, which we are troubleshooting currently.  There's also some 2 merchant solutions in the works, but it's slow going, as we are almost completely writing one of them from scratch.  The other is in testing and should be released at some point as well.  No firm ETA on anything at the moment.  We're not in a rush to release something just to release it.  We've had a lot of stuff near completion for a little while, but we're trying to be extremely diligent in bug testing before we tell the whole country "use this amazing thing" and then it fails at some point.

Promotional wise, the foundation members would need to speak to what they would like to disclose at this time or not.  I will say that from what we've discussed in private, there is a lot of interest in AUR in Iceland.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
temmuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 425

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:40:12 PM

Wow it is an interesting coin that has never caught my attention. Of course, there is not enough publicity because you are not attracting attention. I will not take my attention by chance.
I have looked at graphical movements from the moment on, are there any new studies that have fallen considerably?
CRYPTONAIRE

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:54:00 PM

I'm going to break protocol about talking about developments.  We don't like talking about things that aren't released yet because we don't want to create hype, but we do have things in the works.

Wallet update should be out shortly which improves on loading times and other small things, as well as a new android wallet.  Both in testing.  An intermittent issue with the android wallet electrum connectivity is delaying that release, which we are troubleshooting currently.  There's also some 2 merchant solutions in the works, but it's slow going, as we are almost completely writing one of them from scratch.  The other is in testing and should be released at some point as well.  No firm ETA on anything at the moment.  We're not in a rush to release something just to release it.  We've had a lot of stuff near completion for a little while, but we're trying to be extremely diligent in bug testing before we tell the whole country "use this amazing thing" and then it fails at some point.

Promotional wise, the foundation members would need to speak to what they would like to disclose at this time or not.  I will say that from what we've discussed in private, there is a lot of interest in AUR in Iceland.

-Fuse

Thank you very much indeed for this update, it really is greatly appreciated.

I agree with you in principle about keeping things quiet until they are released in order to avoid hype; that is the right approach.  Just occasionally though a few hints on progress can help to maintain community interest and steady investors nerves. You have done well with this little update.

Very glad to hear that you are focusing on quality of output and not speed of output.  Please do continue to take your time over this stuff and get it right from day one; more haste less speed and all that.

Interesting that you are working on two merchant solutions; why would that be, I wonder ??   Huh   I'm happy to wait for the surprise!!

Keep up the good work.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:12:52 PM

You can always check the development branch on github. There has been activity going on over there, that should give you hints about activity.
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:12:23 AM

I hope you are correct, but everything seems to have gone very quiet in Auroracoinland.  The devs have not given us any updates on progress, either technical or promotional, for quite a while now.

I'm going to break protocol about talking about developments.  We don't like talking about things that aren't released yet because we don't want to create hype, but we do have things in the works.

Wallet update should be out shortly which improves on loading times and other small things, as well as a new android wallet.  Both in testing.  An intermittent issue with the android wallet electrum connectivity is delaying that release, which we are troubleshooting currently.  There's also some 2 merchant solutions in the works, but it's slow going, as we are almost completely writing one of them from scratch.  The other is in testing and should be released at some point as well.  No firm ETA on anything at the moment.  We're not in a rush to release something just to release it.  We've had a lot of stuff near completion for a little while, but we're trying to be extremely diligent in bug testing before we tell the whole country "use this amazing thing" and then it fails at some point.

Promotional wise, the foundation members would need to speak to what they would like to disclose at this time or not.  I will say that from what we've discussed in private, there is a lot of interest in AUR in Iceland.

-Fuse

Slow and steady wins the race. I like the fact that there is no dire need to finish something quickly if its not quite yet ready. This also gives me the opportunity to collect more at a reasonable price. Continue the good work, Fuse.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 07:34:55 AM

I would like to add one more reason for the slowdown of our releases. The fact that Apple is extremely rigid about accepting alt-coins in their AppStore.

As many of you know this is a problem that faces almost all altcoins today (5 exemptions only). Since the usage of Auroracoin depends on mobile phone transactions and two third of those phones are iPhones that surely creates a challenge.

This is why we decided to drop any dependency to the OS and build (from scratch) a completely new and 100% web-enabled platform. Obviously this platform needs to stay decentralized so you can imagine the workload that comes with this development.

Fortunately you are dealing with a very professional and determined dev team here that will deliver top quality in due time.

Stay tuned!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
CRYPTONAIRE

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:31:14 PM

I would like to add one more reason for the slowdown of our releases. The fact that Apple is extremely rigid about accepting alt-coins in their AppStore.

As many of you know this is a problem that faces almost all altcoins today (5 exemptions only). Since the usage of Auroracoin depends on mobile phone transactions and two third of those phones are iPhones that surely creates a challenge.

This is why we decided to drop any dependency to the OS and build (from scratch) a completely new and 100% web-enabled platform. Obviously this platform needs to stay decentralized so you can imagine the workload that comes with this development.

Fortunately you are dealing with a very professional and determined dev team here that will deliver top quality in due time.

Stay tuned!

That's very impressive LTEX!!   Shocked

Best of luck to all of you.   Grin

adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:35:57 AM

Im gonna come clean and say I have a man  crush on LTEX.
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:50:23 AM

The new finance minister of Iceland is now talking about banning cash in Iceland and forcing everyone to use credit/debit cards.

Perhaps a new spur in interest for Auroracoin will follow?

You have to use google translate if you want to read this...
http://www.mbl.is/frettir/innlent/2017/01/31/vill_banna_launagreidslur_i_reidufe/
http://www.vb.is/skodun/gegn-reidufenu/135316/
http://www.visir.is/-aetla-menn-ad-gera-thad-ologlegt-ad-nota-reidufe--/article/2017170209235

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:56:04 PM

Anybody merge mining AUR with UIS?

It should be possible on Qubit and Skein. But I recommend experimenting with Skein.
http://unitus.online/getstarted
adamastor

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:59:07 PM

The new finance minister of Iceland is now talking about banning cash in Iceland and forcing everyone to use credit/debit cards.

http://www.mbl.is/frettir/innlent/2017/01/31/vill_banna_launagreidslur_i_reidufe/
http://www.visir.is/-aetla-menn-ad-gera-thad-ologlegt-ad-nota-reidufe--/article/2017170209235

How will the auroracoin foundation respond if the government closes the bank accounts of isx.is.?
dinobotta

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:56:07 PM

How will the auroracoin foundation respond if the government closes the bank accounts of isx.is.?

Well Iceland is not China even though we have capital controls. Hope it never comes to it.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Trukkur

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:09:53 AM

This ban on physical currency here in Iceland is not needed right now sense it's slowly dying any way. I don't use physical currency often and could life with out it.
but many people still like to use physical currency and I don't see any reason why that option should be taken away from them now.

well at least the removal of the physical currency would take some time, probably few years and people would have enough time to prepare for that chance

The removal of physical currency will come but I think the right time is not now, at least not while we are using fiat currency
dinobotta

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:10:24 AM

This ban on physical currency here in Iceland is not needed right now sense it's slowly dying any way. I don't use physical currency often and could life with out it.
but many people still like to use physical currency and I don't see any reason why that option should be taken away from them now.

well at least the removal of the physical currency would take some time, probably few years and people would have enough time to prepare for that chance

The removal of physical currency will come but I think the right time is not now, at least not while we are using fiat currency

I just hope Auroracoin can with time fill the gap for people who use cash. There needs to be a way for people to transact person to person. Last time I checked credit/debit cards only work person to merchant.

adamastor

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:46:55 AM

Well Iceland is not China even though we have capital controls. Hope it never comes to it.

Adamastor, I think you're reading too much into it.  The government wouldn't close bank accounts.  I think what they are advocating for is to stop the production and use of bank notes and coinage.  People would still need to have some kind of store of money, and the bank accounts would be that store.  However, instead of using cash, you would use cards.  It's logical, and frankly a good step forward in my opinion.  It paves the way for the argument that the logical choice for currency needs would be crypto at that point.  Less fees, more control of your money than with banks and credit cards... you know, the reasons the idealists come to crypto in the first place.

I wish the US would do away with physical currency.  It cost twice as much in materials to make a damn penny than what it actually is worth to spend.

-Fuse

Baldur mentioned in his original article that the only way the government can stop auroracoin is by becoming a fascist police state.

I don't think the icelandic government is that extreme yet but I'm trying to forecast every possible scenario.

Banning cash won't be done to make people's life easier it will be done with a more sinister agenda that might turn into more rigid financial controls later like shutting down people s accounts if the government feels threatened in any way
mmkiwi

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:44:00 PM

Cheap 10k sell order on ISX Smiley
Need to cash out some btc for rent deposit.

Russian guy hacked my account and put stupid DAV logo as my profile pic, also got me -1 negative trust feedback.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 04:27:30 PM

If you need BTC, wouldn't Bittrex be a better option?

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
mmkiwi

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:34:12 PM

If you need BTC, wouldn't Bittrex be a better option?
No, I'm trying to sell my btc for Icelandic fiat, already bought some Aur on bittrex and put it for sale on ISX.

Russian guy hacked my account and put stupid DAV logo as my profile pic, also got me -1 negative trust feedback.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: