Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
Reallist

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 09:57:06 AM

It seems a extremely expensive mcap wise.

The market will decide if the update is good or not. Price goes down then community think update is a pile of trash, if it goes up then community think it's good. I have buy orders under 2000 sat.

I don't think traders will want to harm Gulden because it's one of the few coins that can make crypto go viral in the Netherlands, if traders dump a real project like Gulden then devs would rather keep scamming then put all this effort into doing work.

Traders don't care about that. Most of them don't care about anything but profit. That's why there are loads in this thread trying to talk the price down so they can make a quick buck. Not criticising them for it. It is what it is. Some already sold on the news because they read it in trading for dummies or someone on CNBC said it's a good idea to do that when trading. Who knows what their motivations were - but guess what. The market absorbed it because Gulden has a massive community with strong hands who believe in the future of the project.

Gulden will surpass Litecoin in market cap within 2 years no matter what the traders do.

Gulden vs Litecoin I have also been saying is where the real competition is, no one expects Gulden to compete with bitcoin but there is no reason for litecoin to be ahead of Gulden when this release is out. When the chinese find out about these features they will switch very quickly.

Litecoin devs are still working on 0.13 merge, it's their only project. Gulden devs have done 0.13 and everything else in the same update. It's a no brainer where the future is.

Buying Gulden at these prices is like buying a ferrari for the price of a ford with what you getting compared to litecoin, esp if you Dutch.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:04:07 AM

I live in the Netherlands and aside of one article about the Subway station (accepting Gulden for a sandwich), I've never heard from them here. Only when you search specifically.

This coin was pumped radically and imo should be between 50 and 200 Satoshi. At the moment it trades 10 x - 20 x above.  

There is nothing 'national' about Guldencoin and 99.99% of the people here have never heard of it. Like with all P&D schemes this is only to enrich the creators and some early investors.
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:19:54 AM

I live in the Netherlands and aside of one article about the Subway station (accepting Gulden for a sandwich), I've never heard from them here. Only when you search specifically.

This coin was pumped radically and imo should be between 50 and 200 Satoshi. At the moment it trades 10 x - 20 x above.  

There is nothing 'national' about Guldencoin and 99.99% of the people here have never heard of it. Like with all P&D schemes this is only to enrich the creators and some early investors.

Here is tip for everyone, don't listen to the BTCat a known crypto cartel pusher, if I had listened to him in 2014 I would never have invested in Gulden.

I caught him out over here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1691917.msg16985206#msg16985206

michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:24:27 AM

its really accepting Gulden for a sandwich? hm i think it will be good if we have Gulden coin stock in our wallet. i am not yet buy or sell Gulden so i am not sure Gulden is a good investment but as long as that coins can brought us a good profit, why not? i think for the price is really cheap and its like doge, maybe its worth to buy and sell and maybe later i will take a look on the market which Gulden is sold.

Svener

Activity: 502

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:27:38 AM

Here is tip for everyone, don't listen to the BTCat a known crypto cartel pusher, if I had listened to him in 2014 I would never have invested in Gulden.

For more truth telling. you can view how much exposure Gulden has received recently according to the developers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1577392.msg16690240#msg16690240

Dutch media:

18-10: http://www.parool.nl/amsterdam/internet-koopt-zich-wild-aan-de-gulden-van-deze-amsterdammer~a4397778/
18-10: http://trendingvandaag.eenvandaag.nl/items/69869/de_gulden_is_terug_als_betaalmiddel_op_internet
18-10: http://www.telegraaf.nl/dft/nieuws_dft/26839381/___Gulden__fors_meer_waard__.html
18-10: https://www.businessinsider.nl/de-gulden-terug-nederlandse-bitcoin-kloon-stijgt-4600-waarde-een-jaar-tijd/
19-10: http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Bitcoingulden-moet-hype-worden-in-horeca.-Iedereen-mist-de-gulden-toch-186389
19-10: http://nos.nl/op3/artikel/2138594-toen-ik-vanochtend-wakker-werd-had-ik-100-000-euro-minder-dan-gisteren.html
20-10: http://nos.nl/op3/artikel/2138766-nos-op-3-tech-podcast-black-mirror-open-embassy-en-de-gulden.html
20-10: https://www.businessinsider.nl/de-digitale-gulden-blijkt-volatiel-waarde-van-nederlandse-bitcoin-kloon-3-dagen-gehalveerd/
20-10: http://panorama.nl/blog/de-gulden-is-terug
20-10: http://www.derestaurantkrant.nl/bitcoingulden-nieuwste-horecahype
21-10: https://www.bright.nl/nieuws/virtuele-gulden-gaat-hard-omhoog-en-omlaag
23-10: http://www.noordhollandsdagblad.nl/stadstreek/metropool/article28672717.ece/Gulden-oprichter-ambitieus-Wij-zijn-de-Google-onder-de-crypto-valuta?lref=SubList
26-10: https://www.bnr.nl/radio/bnr-zakendoen-met/10312884/26-oktober-walibi-workation-en-gulden
RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:40:14 AM

There is a problem with some Dutch peoples minds, they don't believe in other Dutch people that can do better then someone from other parts of the world.People like BTCat would rather see someone from the US or UK succeed then someone from his own country.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 12:09:00 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2016, 12:27:54 PM by BTCat

No need to listen to me just giving my opinion, buy what you want. Welcome to post about Guldencoin in above linked thread.

170 Million premine in block 1 is 50% of what currently is in circulation. At current rate premine is over $6 million.

Goodluck.
SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 01:28:23 PM

No need to listen to me just giving my opinion, buy what you want. Welcome to post about Guldencoin in above linked thread.

170 Million premine in block 1 is 50% of what currently is in circulation. At current rate premine is over $6 million.

Goodluck.

That is good to know that the team won't be able to be bribed and can keep on working on improving the coin. I am a trader but can see this coin has serious potential, have you even read what is being released? Peercoin and Novacoin that you support may aswell not exist after this release.

Why don't I see you complaining in other coin threads where they receive millions and don't deliver anything? Yet the coin that is delivering you complaining about?
Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:03:20 PM

Goodluck.

The premine is the main reason I got in cheap mate. I thank the premine everyday for existing because it kept all the scumbags who would dump the premine thinking these guys would do the same. I took a gamble because 99.9% of the coin devs are scammers and con artists. I got lucky and invested in the 0.1% that isn't. Don't blame you for missing out mate, you must feel shit inside.

CryptoObserver

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:21:09 AM

Take some time to take it all in

1.6.0 - Available soon
developer.gulden.com

Next Generation desktop wallet
Our entire wallet has been redone to bring massive and much needed usability improvements.

HD desktop wallet with mnemonic (recovery phrase) support
Fully backwards compatible with recovery phrases from older android and iOS wallets.

Fully integrated accounts within wallet physical seperation between accounts
Back up all your accounts with just a single recovery phrase.

New HD Link feature
Fully link your funds between specific accounts and your mobile devices, for fund management across devices with unprecedented ease.

Bitcoin and IBAN
Pay bitcoin or IBAN directly from your desktop wallet via seamless nocks integration

In app purchase
Purchase Gulden directly in app via integrated purchasing.

Local currency
Display of local currency estimates integrated directly into the desktop app.

Update of our underlying codebase
Codebase 0.13 brings thousands of bug fixes, performance enhancements and important new functionality for vendors (such as ZMQ).

Updated mobile apps
Bringing many performance improvements, bug fixes, and in app purchasing for android.

DELTA
Improvements to our DELTA difficulty algorithm that will bring increased network performance going forward.

Bagholders win with Gulden but die a slow death with 99% of other coins. Well done devs!!

Just read through the update notes 30minutes ago and still in disbelief! Is this really true or bullshit hype, if this is true I feel very sorry for the rest of the altcoins.lol

passiveIncome

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:23:15 AM

isnt Gulden's price increased so much lately that we should not expect it to rise any further?

█ Districts █ 3D Blockchain Platform  █ ICOBounty
CryptoObserver

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:26:22 AM

isnt Gulden's price increased so much lately that we should not expect it to rise any further?

Yes, I don't expect much of a increase, looks like the update was already priced in for 1.6.0 but there is still their main project coming called PRIME after this. However if this 1.6.0 update is really legit then a lot of alternatives are going to be in trouble and they will need to try
there best to keep the name Gulden silent so people don't look at it until they can copy what is being done.

ironm@n

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:34:38 AM

I realized that they have remained strong in the market for some time, even without much hype, but there is all this premine stuff.
It may be a good investment at some point, but I'm not sure if this is the time to invest, because with the btc bull market in scene, the altcoins can have tough times for the next few weeks.
TheCrash

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:51:01 AM

I realized that they have remained strong in the market for some time, even without much hype, but there is all this premine stuff.
It may be a good investment at some point, but I'm not sure if this is the time to invest, because with the btc bull market in scene, the altcoins can have tough times for the next few weeks.

Yes, the coin must have a solid base of supporters outside the usual crypto trading community here on bitcointalk. This is the main difference between usage coins and trading coins. What this update will prove is that they more then a usage coin but have a development team
that is forward thinking and can innovate. I think it's the only coin that innovates and has the 2nd best usage outside of bitcoin, it's very rare to find both.

What they don't have is exposure in the current crypto circles and that is clearly seen with the few exchange listings it has.
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:22:16 PM

Goodluck.

Give it up, nobody here is interested in your attempted manipulation. Gulden is one the few projects with current, real world usage and a plan to succeed, not just a pump toy.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:26:22 PM

So, if I start a real world company, I'm supposed to do it without capital? All the bashing of "premines" is childish. Of course many coins here with a premine were scams as in the real world many startups are scams. If you want to build a company, you need money up front, period. Gulden's record, growth and adoption speak for themselves. As long as a project can account for the premine, there is no problem.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:43:31 PM

So, if I start a real world company, I'm supposed to do it without capital? All the bashing of "premines" is childish. Of course many coins here with a premine were scams as in the real world many startups are scams. If you want to build a company, you need money up front, period. Gulden's record, growth and adoption speak for themselves. As long as a project can account for the premine, there is no problem.

It's not childish to be leery of something that purports to be a currency when 50% of the available money supply is controlled by a single (anonymous?) entity. A currency is not a company.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:09:02 PM

It's not childish to be leery of something that purports to be a currency when 50% of the available money supply is controlled by a single (anonymous?) entity. A currency is not a company.

I would guess about 50% of the premine has been used for services,development etc already.

Over 500 btc has been raised with giving out the premine to the community who have helped fund the team. Only 40 btc of this 508 btc has been used to fund the developers for 3000 hours, they spending very wisely.

https://shares.gulden.com

EDIT: This was posted by the developers today, if they really had bad intentions they would remain anonymous.

A glance at the event G2: Gulden in Groningen

The afternoon kicked off great with most of the attendees arriving in style using Taxi Noord and paying with Gulden. After that cool experience, everyone assembled at De Bovenkamer in Groningen. Such a great and unique place.

Read more and watch the video
+- 25% of the total supply is premine which is still a lot but if they keep getting funding it will keep dropping.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:59:04 PM

Goodluck.
Dude that is for develope and projects and that NLG will never for sale on the market only here https://shares.gulden.com/
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:39:19 PM

Goodluck.
Dude that is for develope and projects and that NLG will never for sale on the market only here https://shares.gulden.com/

If I remember correctly the premine was originally supposed to be for distributing directly to the Dutch people, as it was launched amidst a sea other country shitcoins, with auroracoin being the most spectacular success/failure. Then at some point the dev(s) decided they would just cancel the airdrop and use the funds for "development". Now you're just running on pure trust that they won't change their mind(s) again and decide to use it just to line their pockets at some point. That's nice they have some get togethers with like 20 people, maybe they provide coffee and cookies, and it's nice that you trust them not to dump the premine, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to not trust the dev(s) not to dump 50% of the available supply of what is nominally supposed to be a decentralized currency. Afaik there's no laws or regulations preventing it, it's just based completely on trust in what is supposed to be a trustless system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: