Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:01:27 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 07:19:35 PM by BTCat

If I remember correctly the premine was originally supposed to be for distributing directly to the Dutch people, as it was launched amidst a sea other country shitcoins, with auroracoin being the most spectacular success/failure. Then at some point the dev(s) decided they would just cancel the airdrop and use the funds for "development". Now you're just running on pure trust that they won't change their mind(s) again and decide to use it just to line their pockets at some point. That's nice they have some get togethers with like 20 people, maybe they provide coffee and cookies, and it's nice that you trust them not to dump the premine, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to not trust the dev(s) not to dump 50% of the available supply of what is nominally supposed to be a decentralized currency. Afaik there's no laws or regulations preventing it, it's just based completely on trust in what is supposed to be a trustless system.

Thank you! It seems that giving my opinion on the question asked is under attack of Guldencoin hypers so obvious the thread is only used to advertise and not respectfull concidderation. I think a warning was in place. A large part of the cryptocommunity does not accept a premine at all or just very minimal like 1% or 2%. Then 50% or even 100% premine is totally out of control, we all know where money from premined coins go. I would even start to think if such project is a legal thing to run in the Netherlands. It would be a good question for the Guldencoin devs if they know if it's allowed to start your own cryptocurrency and give yourself 50% control of it. I don't even think that law has developed enough yet so as long as these things can fly under the radar it is probably not a problem. I think the legal part is a legit thing to concidder when making investment and risk assessment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:09:51 PM

No need to listen to me just giving my opinion, buy what you want. Welcome to post about Guldencoin in above linked thread.

170 Million premine in block 1 is 50% of what currently is in circulation. At current rate premine is over $6 million.

Goodluck.
Dude that is for develope and projects and that NLG will never for sale on the market only here https://shares.gulden.com/

If I remember correctly the premine was originally supposed to be for distributing directly to the Dutch people, as it was launched amidst a sea other country shitcoins, with auroracoin being the most spectacular success/failure. Then at some point the dev(s) decided they would just cancel the airdrop and use the funds for "development". Now you're just running on pure trust that they won't change their mind(s) again and decide to use it just to line their pockets at some point. That's nice they have some get togethers with like 20 people, maybe they provide coffee and cookies, and it's nice that you trust them not to dump the premine, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to not trust the dev(s) not to dump 50% of the available supply of what is nominally supposed to be a decentralized currency. Afaik there's no laws or regulations preventing it, it's just based completely on trust in what is supposed to be a trustless system.

The reality here is that none of the people bitching about the premine would have invested in the coin, EVER!!!!!, it's an excuse to make themselves feel better for missing out and deep down inside they want this project to fail. This is closer to the truth, right Mr jwinterm ?
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:25:29 PM

Thank you! It seems that giving my opinion on the question asked is under attack of Guldencoin hypers so obvious the thread is only used to advertise and not respectfull concidderation. I think a warning was in place. A large part of the cryptocommunity does not accept a premine at all or just very minimal like 1% or 2%. Then 50% or even 100% premine is totally out of control, we all know where money from premined coins go. I would even start to think if such project is a legal thing to run in the Netherlands. It would be a good question for the Guldencoin devs if they know if it's allowed to start your own cryptocurrency and give yourself 50% control of it. I don't even think that law has developed enough yet so as long as these things can fly under the radar it is probably not a problem. I think the legal part is a legit thing to concidder when making investment and risk assessment.

Don't be shy to say it. No one cares!

BTCat: " I sure hope those Gulden cunts fail. I am so fucked off that this Premine BS is doing well. What the hell man fuck, fuck , fuck, fuck!!!!!"
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:32:18 PM

No need to listen to me just giving my opinion, buy what you want. Welcome to post about Guldencoin in above linked thread.

170 Million premine in block 1 is 50% of what currently is in circulation. At current rate premine is over $6 million.

Goodluck.
Dude that is for develope and projects and that NLG will never for sale on the market only here https://shares.gulden.com/

The reality here is that none of the people bitching about the premine would have invested in the coin, EVER!!!!!, it's an excuse to make themselves feel better for missing out and deep down inside they want this project to fail. This is closer to the truth, right Mr jwinterm ?

It's half true, I guess. I certainly wouldn't ever want to be a part of a project with a huge premine, but I'm not trying to make myself feel better.

To be honest I'm not a fan of how often the word invest/investor/etc gets used on this forum. Who makes long term investments in a currency? Sure there are forex traders but I get the impression they are trading constantly. Have you ever heard of a forex person yelling, "HODL!"?

This board started as a place to discuss the development and use of Bitcoin the currency. I've done ok mining my helping out where I can with my four favorite crypto currencies - Bitcoin, Monero, Myriadcoin, and Huntercoin. None of these projects have a premine or ico, and they all offer or were the first to offer unique features.

Am I only allowed to comment about things I agree 100% with? Sorry for intruding on your safe space.
TheCrash

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 08:45:54 PM

Goodluck.

It's half true, I guess. I certainly wouldn't ever want to be a part of a project with a huge premine, but I'm not trying to make myself feel better.

To be honest I'm not a fan of how often the word invest/investor/etc gets used on this forum. Who makes long term investments in a currency? Sure there are forex traders but I get the impression they are trading constantly. Have you ever heard of a forex person yelling, "HODL!"?

This board started as a place to discuss the development and use of Bitcoin the currency. I've done ok mining my helping out where I can with my four favorite crypto currencies - Bitcoin, Monero, Myriadcoin, and Huntercoin. None of these projects have a premine or ico, and they all offer or were the first to offer unique features.

Am I only allowed to comment about things I agree 100% with? Sorry for intruding on your safe space.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what a few people on the bitcointalk forums think.  We a tiny % of the overall users some of these top 20 coins have.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 03:57:01 AM

I was optimistic with Gulden coin, the system seemed to be imitating the success of etherium. But after Gulden price was down within a three months, certainly make me feel free to save this coin for the long term. Moreover, these coin already does not exist in poloniex exchanger.
RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 08:37:59 AM

I will be honest here and say I was a big skeptic like BTCat and jwinterm until I joined the Gulden slack and saw for my own eyes how much different it is from the normal communities where only price is discussed. I don't want to go into too much detail but this is the best community hands down I have experienced.

People are entitled to their opinions and respect should be shown. Personally I am a Gulden fan for life!

@jwinterm there was over 50 people at the event I believe not 20 and the slack community is fast approaching 2000 users, the growth experienced since I have been on slack is exceptional.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 09:49:59 AM

@BTCath

anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:18:54 AM

I am new to Gulden and from what I have come to know is that it is just another coin used for payment. Don't we have bitcoin and other tons of clones to be used as payment? What does Gulden brings to the table? anything new and special?

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 12:49:03 PM

I am new to Gulden and from what I have come to know is that it is just another coin used for payment. Don't we have bitcoin and other tons of clones to be used as payment? What does Gulden brings to the table? anything new and special?

Lets forget about what the devs have coming in 1.6.0 which will make it a very unique coin to the rest of the alts.

Users that have bitcoin and gulden have found it easier to pay with Gulden at bitcoin merchants because of the performance of the wallets. There is no other coin that you can use a iOS or Android wallet and walk into a store or pay online at a bitcoin merchant. This also excludes the merchants that accept Gulden directly.

Users in Europe can also transfer to their bank accounts directly from the iOS and Android wallets too.

In 1.6.0 update the devs have said the above will also be added to the new desktop wallets but that's not even the highlight of 1.6.0.

You can see a sneak peak of what the 1.6.0 entails.

https://developer.gulden.com/

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 10:19:38 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2016, 12:53:15 AM by bram_vnl

New Gulden software 1.6.0
Download hiere
http://gulden.com/download

1. Next Generation QT wallets

Much improved UX and new interface

Our new core wallets have undergone a major facelift with practicality in mind. The beautiful user friendly design gives a familiar feel with our mobile wallets but with a lot more features and control you would expect from the core desktop wallets. The new wallets will be the base we build up from as we implement new and exciting features as discussed below.
2. New HD Link feature

The main feature update for this release is our own Hierarchical deterministic implementation between our new core QT desktop wallets and both our mobile wallets (iOS Soon). To put this in layman’s terms you can now share your Gulden addresses between your Desktop and Mobile wallets. This gives users peace of mind if they lose their iOS or Android phones, users will still have access to their funds on the desktop wallet. HD wallets also means less frequent backups required.

Become your own central bank for you and your family by having centralized control over your decentralized Gulden wallets.

A use case example for the new Link feature:

You are married with kids, you can create a mobile account for each one of your family members and link it to your Gulden for desktop wallet. In the event one of your family members needs additional funds or heaven forbid their phone gets lost or stolen you can take the necessary actions from within your desktop wallet by easily adding additional funds when short on Gulden or removing all Gulden from their Accounts in the event they don’t have access to their mobiles phones.
3. Accounts and Privacy

Gulden for Desktop now uses accounts which you can add to serve different purposes. We have 2 different account creation types.

* Normal Accounts
* Mobile Accounts – which enables the link feature between your desktop and mobile device.

The additional privacy comes in for both deposits and withdrawals.

* Gulden deposits:

Gulden for desktop wallets will use a different Gulden address each time you receive Gulden, this way the depositors will have no way of knowing who else is sending you Gulden to your wallet.
Note: A depositor can continue to use the address you gave them for multiple deposits.

* Gulden withdrawals:

With accounts you can separate your payments depending on it’s intended use without the recipients of your Gulden knowing what other transactions your doing from within your wallet.
eg. You can have 1 account for family transactions and another for business transactions.
4. HD desktop wallet with mnemonic (recovery phrase) support

Fully backwards compatible with recovery phrases from older Android and iOS wallets.
5. Gulden and bitcoin payments added to desktop wallets

Like our Gulden for iOS and Gulden for Android wallets you can now pay at all Gulden and Bitcoin merchants with the desktop wallets.
6. In App purchasing added for iDeal and Bancontact users for Desktop and Android wallets

Users in the Netherlands and Belgium will be able to make in app purchases for amounts of 50 Euros or less within Gulden for Desktop and Android wallets. For larger purchases you will need to visit Nocks.co .

More purchase options to be introduced in the future.
7. Wire transfers added to desktop wallets

Like our Gulden for iOS and Gulden for Android wallets you can now do wire transfers to IBAN bank accounts.
8. DELTA

Our DELTA diff algorithm underwent some improvements to smooth out blocktimes, since the inception of DELTA we have been monitoring the behaviour of the Gulden blockchain with regards to block times and the changes will bring increased network performance going forward.
DELTA switch over will be at block 437500
9. Additional currency support added to Gulden for iOS and Gulden for Desktop.

This brings Gulden for iOS and Desktop inline with the same supported currencies as Gulden for Android.
10. Gulden updated to 0.13 Codebase from previously updated 0.11 Codebase

Codebase 0.13 brings thousands of bug fixes, performance enhancements and important new functionality for vendors (such as ZMQ).
Future updates for 2016.

* Gulden for iOS soon.
* Gulden for Desktop 1.6.1 – Add additional features that did not make it for this release.
* Prime development (To be completed 1st 1/4 2017)
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 04:46:38 AM

As much as I hate to say this but Gulden deserves a top 10 place after this update. I don't see the source code but this must of taken a lot of coding to get right.

The link feature works like a dream and it does feel like this update has pushed crypto into the future.

I think if Gulden gets exposure or media attention about this update more good things will occur.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 06:28:01 AM

I dont know if this coin is really worth investing for.
Im still looking for an answer if this coin were good to
trade at this time. Maybe Ill search more about this
altcoin.
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 07:07:05 AM

I dont know if this coin is really worth investing for.
Im still looking for an answer if this coin were good to
trade at this time. Maybe Ill search more about this
altcoin.

It's a coin for people who really want to USE crypto and not pretenders who want to make a quick 5% profit.
Shankara

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 07:56:46 AM

Are you sure you wanna invest in a coin that is a typo of Golden?
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:24:58 AM

Gulden - guilder - golden

Gulden is Dutch for Golden.  Grin Grin

Now I need time to look at the 1.6.0 update and pass comment after testing it out.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:42:19 AM

Gulden - guilder - golden

Gulden is Dutch for Golden.  Grin Grin

Now I need time to look at the 1.6.0 update and pass comment after testing it out.

Gulden = Gulden thats it
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 09:41:13 AM

The previous wallet is not in the same dimension as this new 1.6.0 wallet. My god what a difference!

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Dashltc

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 12:07:32 PM

Best wallet in crypto hands down! No competition. This is better then I was expecting, I am going to see if Dash can implement some of these features.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 10:38:09 PM

Why aren't traders dumping after release? I want to get back in under 3000 sat, bitcoin is up in price traders should dump gulden to get bitcoin and let people who want gulden get in cheaper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: