Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:06:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250128 times)
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:25:59 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/2 , placed 103 Sad

Can Gulden recover from this devastation on coinmarketcap?

Sold this shit for a loss, once it goes out of the top 100 its over for this coin or any coin.

Well maybe if their marketing wasn't aimed at people in towns like Pekela then the coin might get somewhere.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:55:01 PM

Sold this shit for a loss, once it goes out of the top 100 its over for this coin or any coin.

Well maybe if their marketing wasn't aimed at people in towns like Pekela then the coin might get somewhere.

If everyone in Pekela would be using Gulden for day to day payments.... that would be awesome. Yet, something tells me this is not the case.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:34:53 PM

The value of Gulden is determined by the demand for Gulden, as with gold or silver. Prices can go up or down, but the Gulden average increases. In 2016 the value of Gulden has increased by more than 100%.
Does Gulden's future matter? Its profits continue to be born. I do not have much information about it so I do not want to risk it.

Yes, but so it goes with every coin that has development. BTC more than 1000% value increase, many other coins >200% value increase... and the value increase on NLG is mostly due to BTC going up. If you look at the very long term trend line... NLG is almost bumping against it. That trend line should be somewhere around 1800 sat.

NLG biggest problem is currently the price increase of BTC... let's hope those EUR exchanges are here soon, so it can be decoupled from BTC.

The thing is that if you read the gulden slack everybody is buying the Gulden, nobody says the sell. if that is so the price would be a lot higher if everybody holds there gulden.

DashNLG

The troll who said the had 60000 gulden owners is...Rijk plasman on Gulden slack.

I've been in the Slack in the past... and left. Most users there are not traders, just people who put all their money into NLG and HODL, which is a poor strategy to build value into a coin (which is what most users there want).

As for the 60000 gulden owners, I think they claim that many users on their Slack (and not actual users), but most of those accounts are from people who visited for a short time and left again, or double accounts.
That's weird. If they are buying coins they should know how to trade otherwise they are never going to enjoy any big profit. I am so shocked better keep investing and holding shit coins. As far as gluden is concerned, it is almost dead now and it is wastage of money to invest into this coin.

Lol, you did not your homework Cheesy
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:46:05 AM

If everyone in Pekela would be using Gulden for day to day payments.... that would be awesome. Yet, something tells me this is not the case.

The problem is by marketing to the poorest people in the country when bitcoin price rises like it's doing there isn't enough Euros to sustain the price and if you look on coinmarketcap the ranking is collapsing because most people in Oude Pekela on average can't afford to hold more then 100nlg. These same people will dump on 10% Euro profit.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:00:05 AM

The problem is by marketing to the poorest people in the country when bitcoin price rises like it's doing there isn't enough Euros to sustain the price and if you look on coinmarketcap the ranking is collapsing because most people in Oude Pekela on average can't afford to hold more then 100nlg. These same people will dump on 10% Euro profit.

Depends on what people want Gulden to be... a highly speculated PnD coin in the top 10 of coinmarketcap... or a coin that is actually being used (independent of its price).
Luuk

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:23:18 PM

I sold this coin a few months ago and held onto the bitcoin and today I am benefiting with large profits. I might get back into Gulden with the same bitcoin if the price goes under 1000 sat like it was until the end of last year.

The developers should at least be open about targeting underprivileged communities so investors wanting to make profits can avoid this coin with a ten-foot pole, while I admire the developers for trying to get the underprivileged onto the blockchain, those same buyers will sell out to the rich when the price goes up a little from when they purchased.

Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:39:47 PM

I plan top hold my guldens at least for one year. I am really excited about their whitepaper. Dev team is a Laos awesome.

Don't trust any exchange!
Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:43:44 AM

I sold this coin a few months ago and held onto the bitcoin and today I am benefiting with large profits. I might get back into Gulden with the same bitcoin if the price goes under 1000 sat like it was until the end of last year.

The developers should at least be open about targeting underprivileged communities so investors wanting to make profits can avoid this coin with a ten-foot pole, while I admire the developers for trying to get the underprivileged onto the blockchain, those same buyers will sell out to the rich when the price goes up a little from when they purchased.

Gulden has been stable against GBP for a few weeks m8. It is true the coin is suffering in ranking because it's valued at fiat. Gulden is in desperate need of more direct fiat pairings if it's going to get more exposure mainstream.

Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:04:50 AM

Gulden is here to stay. The same shit was being spouted in 2014, 2015, 2016 and now. Next year I will be hearing the same comments when Gulden is 50 Euro cent after reaching 1 Euro and the world is coming to an end.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:42:16 PM

Gulden is here to stay. The same shit was being spouted in 2014, 2015, 2016 and now. Next year I will be hearing the same comments when Gulden is 50 Euro cent after reaching 1 Euro and the world is coming to an end.
This means gulden has enough guts to prove all speculations about its disappearance from the crypto world totally wrong. Though it is not showing any extra ordinary performance but still many gulden lovers are there to support it. Let’s see what happens to it by the end of the year.
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:53:34 AM

This means gulden has enough guts to prove all speculations about its disappearance from the crypto world totally wrong. Though it is not showing any extra ordinary performance but still many gulden lovers are there to support it. Let’s see what happens to it by the end of the year.

In my opinion they have bitten off more then they can chew with his release. PoW2 and SegSig, coins with much larger dev teams would take 2 years to do such a project.

I don't see how the dev team dreamed up a July launch which was the new changed date from April. I lost a bet with litesire by giving the dev team a extra 3 months. When they added SegSig to the project I knew I was screwed when it came to the July release date.

August, September, October... will pass us by and the community will be left in a state of shock and dissolutionment while the rest the crypto world is riding the bitcoin wave.

This is why the Gulden ranking is being crushed and the silence from the dev team is crushing hopes and dreams daily.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
TheCanadianBach

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:41:43 AM

In my opinion they have bitten off more then they can chew with his release. PoW2 and SegSig, coins with much larger dev teams would take 2 years to do such a project.

I don't see how the dev team dreamed up a July launch which was the new changed date from April. I lost a bet with litesire by giving the dev team a extra 3 months. When they added SegSig to the project I knew I was screwed when it came to the July release date.

August, September, October... will pass us by and the community will be left in a state of shock and dissolutionment while the rest the crypto world is riding the bitcoin wave.

This is why the Gulden ranking is being crushed and the silence from the dev team is crushing hopes and dreams daily.

The coins price is very stable , when bitcoin drops the entire crypto world will drop but Guldens value remains stable against fiat currencies. From what I can tell this isn't a coin that will get you rich or lose everything overnight. YOU HAVE to accept a long term view on this coin , wealthier investors will start taking notice when the developers deliver on these innovative projects. I don't agree that most of the users are poor as you need to have a smartphone, desktop or laptop. I can understand this coin will appeal to people who want a way out from the system that keeps them enslaved in debt, therefore I would say Gulden users is made up of middle class citizens rather then poor or rich. Middle class people can't manipulate prices like the rich can and since this coin is stable most of the time the rich definitely don't have a hand in this coin... at this stage.
CryptoObserver

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:30:38 AM

I am finding it rather frustrating to go from USD to Gulden , every time bitcoin price goes up , Gulden goes down and every time bitcoin goes down Gulden goes up. I have come to the conclusion that a few bots are controlling the market on bittrex and it's almost impossible to get in at < $0.06.

Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:47:03 AM

I am finding it rather frustrating to go from USD to Gulden , every time bitcoin price goes up , Gulden goes down and every time bitcoin goes down Gulden goes up. I have come to the conclusion that a few bots are controlling the market on bittrex and it's almost impossible to get in at < $0.06.

You have to decide if bitcoin price is going to go up or down, if you think it's going to go up to $4500 then buy bitcoin at this price, wait for the bitcoin price to increase and the bots will force the Gulden price between 1600-1700 and this is how you can get in at a good $$$ price. It won't be easy predicting the top for bitcoin or the low for Gulden, I never thought bitcoin would be over $4000 this year.

Gulden might go under 1000 sat if bitcoin rallies to >$10k. This changes if PoW2 and SegSig has official release date in the near future.

https://gulden.com/pow2
https://gulden.com/segsig

https://dev.gulden.com/ , The stats here show that SegSig is a 58% saving on transaction space compared to normal SegWit which is only 25%, everything else is much better then bitcoin. Developers need to market this to the world and not make the same mistakes Myriad did when they launched Multi-Algo and no marketing. This allowed coins like digibyte to use the innovation and market the innovation as if they developed it.
Marstrand

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:41:31 AM

Developers need to market this to the world

Dev's don't do marketing, only announcements on their releases.

FUD squad
SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:52:00 AM

The coins price is very stable , when bitcoin drops the entire crypto world will drop but Guldens value remains stable against fiat currencies. From what I can tell this isn't a coin that will get you rich or lose everything overnight. YOU HAVE to accept a long term view on this coin , wealthier investors will start taking notice when the developers deliver on these innovative projects. I don't agree that most of the users are poor as you need to have a smartphone, desktop or laptop. I can understand this coin will appeal to people who want a way out from the system that keeps them enslaved in debt, therefore I would say Gulden users is made up of middle class citizens rather then poor or rich. Middle class people can't manipulate prices like the rich can and since this coin is stable most of the time the rich definitely don't have a hand in this coin... at this stage.

Most people have a smartphone , 60000 users and 18 btc in buy support on the main exchange is not middle class money. You would have at least 300-500 btc support at a minimum. Stop smoking your socks and get with reality.
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:11:43 PM

Developers need to market this to the world

Dev's don't do marketing, only announcements on their releases.

It makes sense to have support for this coin at 0.20 euro at least, but a lot depends on the devs marketing. So far, they are not doing as well as they should. Delays with no real explanations despite announced dates, uncertain Dutch-centric focus, etc.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:51:37 PM

60000 users and 18 btc in buy support on the main exchange is not middle class money

+1

When will Rijk add a homepage for the Moldova community? Next target for marketing must be Kosovo and Albania.
DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:42:48 PM

It looks like a large amount of dumping occurred on Nocks (11.2 btc) which caused the price to hit 1550 sat.  Litebit and Guldentrader over 2 btc each, price pressure coming from everywhere.  Angry
TimBurton

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:15:00 AM

It looks like a large amount of dumping occurred on Nocks (11.2 btc) which caused the price to hit 1550 sat.  Litebit and Guldentrader over 2 btc each, price pressure coming from everywhere.  Angry

I am starting to see why 99% of the new coins are 100% premined using ICOs to distribute some coins. Not having the additional pressure of multipool dumps aswell as a increase in bitcoin price to contend with is too much strain on the price for coins like Gulden.

Every coin with PoW or PoS is either stable against Euro or going down. Stable against Euro also means a big satoshi drop for these coins where traders would of been better off staying in bitcoin.

It might be time to for the devs to consider a PoW reward of 10 and witness of 10 and reduce the max coins to 550 million. This is the best way to gain value when you have a great development team like Gulden.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: