Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:29:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186362 times)
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:31:27 PM

What about Ripple, id like your opinion on it as im getting smashed in the Ripple thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.1140 for saying that banks just arent buying XRP for anything other than what they have to (transaction fees). There are many articles about banks using the Ripple protocol but nothing about banks buying mass amount of the coin. The price has risen, its still under 20c but nothing that cant be attributed to normal Alt rise with bitcoin, fee free traading on some sites etc.

Yes i know each Alt thread has people hyping the coins but man these guys are really getting whoever read the thread to buy. They believe it will easily knock Bitcoin off the top spot and the price is going to 'the moon'

Thoughts on it replacing Bitcoin?
Ripple is not that very competitive against bitcoin because Ripple is just getting hyped now and the price pumps is just cause by the news and also the hype and manipulation of the whales. If you do math then you can see that their price is very over rated based on their supply and i think this coin will need a lot of time and also cut to their supply so they will get a chance against bitcoin.

Not competitive???  WTF!
Bitcoin fees are getting insane!  XRP is way more competitive in this aspect!
Bitcoin transaction times due to higher and higher fees are also creating problems.  XRP is way faster and almost instantaneous, again more competitive in this aspect!
Transaction capacity on Bitcoin is now very limited and there seems to be no end to the arguing what is better.  XRP is way better and more competitive again!
Governace for Bitcoin is a total mess, miners pulling their way, Core stubborn, slow and rude as fuck, Unlimited attacking Core, etc, etc.  XRP smooth sailing as a corporation with great leaders and programers.. Again.... more competitive.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
My dear look at XRP it is far away from any of the competition with the BTC. It may be faster at the moment with the main reason of small number of its users as compare to the BTC. The BTC is on the other hand more crowded. Yes the BTC needs to update and improve its system of transaction to be faster as to facilitate and oblige its users. It is good for the BTC health to have the competitors so to be more strengthened.

Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:37:28 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that has power in the world market. Today bitcoin becomes a pioneer for all digital currencies.
I'm sure bitcoin can be like a dollar, bitcoin will be the benchmark of everything and also become the most popular digital currency.

bitcoin will be the first cryptocurrency that will be good as us dollar. we should keep believing on its projects so that many will be magnetized by the power of decentralized currency. on this stage we can consider that we are the early majority that adopts bitcoin so theres a lot of space improving its price.
oktana

Activity: 1610
Merit: 282

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 05:20:07 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that has power in the world market. Today bitcoin becomes a pioneer for all digital currencies.
I'm sure bitcoin can be like a dollar, bitcoin will be the benchmark of everything and also become the most popular digital currency.

bitcoin will be the first cryptocurrency that will be good as us dollar. we should keep believing on its projects so that many will be magnetized by the power of decentralized currency. on this stage we can consider that we are the early majority that adopts bitcoin so theres a lot of space improving its price.

The main problem of bitcoin is that no one can control this money, in today's civilization, something uncontrolled and moving wildly without any regulation will create chaos in the balance that exists. The hackers will be more flexible and the government is not able to contain them. It's very ironic and hard to think of when bitcoin is able to replace the fiat position.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
PhilPrime

Activity: 378

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:31:12 PM

The main problem of bitcoin is that no one can control this money, in today's civilization, something uncontrolled and moving wildly without any regulation will create chaos in the balance that exists. The hackers will be more flexible and the government is not able to contain them. It's very ironic and hard to think of when bitcoin is able to replace the fiat position.

We can't tell what might happen soon, bitcoin can be so popular now due to its high increase in value but its poor service leading transaction time long may result to change of our minds in patronizing bitcoin,somehow we might find other alts more reliable in bitcoin if this will not solve.

GetClams.com

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:58:27 PM

Bitcoin will be around for a very long time but the next wave of entrepreneurs is entering the space.  In 6 months the Crytpo space will look completely different. That is the best way to put it.
CryptoCracker

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:45:37 PM

Bitcoin will be around for a very long time but the next wave of entrepreneurs is entering the space.  In 6 months the Crytpo space will look completely different. That is the best way to put it.

Bitcoin may always be the main crypto that all others are pegged to, but crypto will expand. I don't think Bitcoin will be worth 1 million per coin but rather, many other altcoins will be worth more and will be adopted so crypto will grow...outwards.   
GetClams.com

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:03:11 PM

Bitcoin may always be the main crypto that all others are pegged to, but crypto will expand. I don't think Bitcoin will be worth 1 million per coin but rather, many other altcoins will be worth more and will be adopted so crypto will grow...outwards.   

And even faster than it is now. I mean 6 months ago who saw this much volume coming?
MB boss

Activity: 169
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:49:57 PM

Bitcoin is most successful cryptocurrency ever in world. A bit difficult if bitcoin can be replaced by another crypto. Bitcoin stays in front of all cryptocoin. In future, there will be only a few surviving cryptocoin.
Yes you are right that bitcoin is the successful crypto currency in all of the crypto currencies. And if it is the successful currency then we do not need any other currency to adopt for our business and other transactions and for future profit because the successful thing can benefit us more than any other.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:30:08 AM

Bitcoin is most successful cryptocurrency ever in world. A bit difficult if bitcoin can be replaced by another crypto. Bitcoin stays in front of all cryptocoin. In future, there will be only a few surviving cryptocoin.
Yes, Bitcoin is indeed the most successful cryptocurrency ever developed. I mean for the past years, many cryptocurrencies started to make their own way in the world of crypto but they end up failing and suddenly disappear. Bitcoin is the only crypto that lasted for many years that became successful and getting more and more attention from people. So I doubt that there will be another cryptocurrency that can go toe to toe with bitcoin.
Subrojit Roy

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:33:17 AM

I don’t think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don’t see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.

i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
pinggoki

Activity: 1484
Merit: 415

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:46:31 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is indeed the most successful cryptocurrency ever developed. I mean for the past years, many cryptocurrencies started to make their own way in the world of crypto but they end up failing and suddenly disappear. Bitcoin is the only crypto that lasted for many years that became successful and getting more and more attention from people. So I doubt that there will be another cryptocurrency that can go toe to toe with bitcoin.

Indeed, I don't think another cryptocurrencies could replace bitcoin. As of now there are many coins are pop up inorder to beat bitcoin but no one could reach it. Bitcoin is most of the successful  cryptocurrencies that ever made.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:42:24 AM

I could just think in many ways that could really happend but doesnt mean it can happen it will remember that bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and become successful and now super price was created that almost 2000$ today so we can just replace by anycoins.
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:10:25 AM

Meanwhile, the MONA coin is slowly picking up... Japanese buyers like home made coins !

How do we say "imminent pump" in Japanese ?

Cheesy
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:46:04 PM

I think it is very much be a tiny chance it might get replace,
allot of altcoins are know growing rapidly in price and rates.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:44:57 PM

It very well could be over the next 3 or 4 years. You will know if it is. Once you see tons of places accepting another coin as payment and other exchanges, then you will see what coins people are trending towards. Then the big investors getting involved is next step. Big miners and huge hash rates. You will know
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:58:42 PM

Indeed, I don't think another cryptocurrencies could replace bitcoin. As of now there are many coins are pop up inorder to beat bitcoin but no one could reach it. Bitcoin is most of the successful  cryptocurrencies that ever made.
you are right that other crypto currency could never replace bitcoin because there is a lot of services are available on bitcoin and bitcoin is very much powerful and popular currency of the world and we know that bitcoin getting much power day by day.
GetClams.com

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:18:20 PM

Yes you are right that bitcoin is the successful crypto currency in all of the crypto currencies. And if it is the successful currency then we do not need any other currency to adopt for our business and other transactions and for future profit because the successful thing can benefit us more than any other.

Its not about need. Its about the evolution of the market and innovation. Its about competition and greed. Look at the people behind ZEC. In case nobody has noticed they are not your regular crypto types. They are up to something. And they are not the only ones. 
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:24:03 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Bitcoin as a crypto currencies is not in competition with other altcoins but a leader in coins world. Bitcoin has passed through alot of challenging time and most times the challenge seen insurmountable but bitcoin do come out stringer I don't think there will be crypto currency that can withstand that.
btcforall777

Activity: 235

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:12:45 PM

Its not about need. Its about the evolution of the market and innovation. Its about competition and greed. Look at the people behind ZEC. In case nobody has noticed they are not your regular crypto types. They are up to something. And they are not the only ones. 

I call these guys the next wave. They are not techies, they are marketers.
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:43:58 AM

Bitcoin won’t get replaced by another currency (Altcoin) anytime soon because the people that use Bitcoin like to rely on it so they could get rich. I am not a fan of any other coins that don’t have originality because it’s pretty easy to see that they just want to make money from the people that support their project.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: