Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:22:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe the news ?  (Read 17240 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 09:42:41 AM

I almost never watch the news, much rather watch a movie. Sometimes (very rarely) I flip through the news section on Flipboard on my phone but that's about it. I keep up to date with other news though like tech and science. Regular news is just so boring, it's mostly politics and I can't freaking stand politics. To answer your question I don't believe nor do I disbelieve news reports, I don't care enough to assign brain cells to analyze what's being said  Cheesy
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:35:42 PM

I almost never watch the news, much rather watch a movie. Sometimes (very rarely) I flip through the news section on Flipboard on my phone but that's about it. I keep up to date with other news though like tech and science. Regular news is just so boring, it's mostly politics and I can't freaking stand politics. To answer your question I don't believe nor do I disbelieve news reports, I don't care enough to assign brain cells to analyze what's being said  Cheesy

CNN still gets me relaxed i don't know. Gets me to fall asleep perhaps. Lol. But I guess I think I need to look up for news every now and then as I need to get aware of what's going on.

Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:40:50 PM

Or do you think media is independent ?

O trust, just for the lulz... I love how some are taking the trump hand signs... You know his thumb and finger touching...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:03:43 PM

Media in every country is their propaganda machine. That is why you get different and conflicting reports from news outlets in rival countries. Its so obvious I don't understand why people would think news is truth.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:12:53 PM

No really.
I really don't think that we can find real info or truth in media.
In fact, I believe that most people today are brainwashed by media today to accept some so called ''universal rights'' or to accept that government have to decide about everything, or to believe in democracy etc.
People just accept everything they heard in media, or from politicians, without any thinking.
So sad reality.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:32:20 PM

not all media are expressing the truth about what's really going in the society some of them are controlled maybe by the government or by some people and also some of them are paid just to keep the secrets of the government .
jupiterdianysa (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:39:08 PM

And what about publication ban ?
Even the media is biased there are still publication ban time to time...
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:21:47 PM

i dont thin that media can ever be independent. they always remain under the influence of the state. some time under the influence of the politicians and other strong personalities. some time they even show news of their own favour which have no concern with the reality. so i can clearly say that media is always making the common people fool.
Ravion

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:35:21 PM

There are two different aspects to this.

Public news media is state propaganda. The purpose of it is to protect the interests of the ruling party (or dictator, depending on country) and the groups that are affiliated with them.

Private news media is simply selling a product. Their goal is to make as much money as they can, for their shareholders. It's as simple as that.
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:51:25 PM

There are two different aspects to this.

Public news media is state propaganda. The purpose of it is to protect the interests of the ruling party (or dictator, depending on country) and the groups that are affiliated with them.

Private news media is simply selling a product. Their goal is to make as much money as they can, for their shareholders. It's as simple as that.

Not saying you are wrong but it isn't that simple. I mean sure. Private media wants profit. It is a business. But it is easier to make money if they get close to the ruling party. Easier to get those mergers or whatever approved. Easier access to officials so they can have the latest scoop. Etc. The way they get biased is different. But they aren't very different from the rest. Though this may change from country to country.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:56:47 PM

The medias are completely money-minded as they would only publish the news that worth them more money whether the news is accurate and precise or not. However the medias are often interested in making news that may be extraordinary which may draw attentions of their viewers/readers.
Media are not always money minded. Moreover they can be said as revolutionary. I think media has a big hand in decreasing crime. There is no other way than trusting the media. With respect to bitcoin ecosystem I follow some reputed sites always, then confirm them here in forum.
Jeemee

Activity: 140

Pesobit, Simple Yet Useful Coin

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:04:15 PM

No,  I don't believe them at all. They are just screwing the entire situation of what really happened.
Some of them have been paid to cover up the real score.

Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 03:04:00 PM

News always have a prat of truth but anyway we can't know what really happend. I am not even watching news cause i know that people just lying to me.

alplaxxx

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 03:35:40 AM

half yes, half no, why because the word "MEDIA" Spanish word means half in English, that's why 1/2 real 1/2 not real, a bogus news sometimes, most people watching news, with aggrandize information of a news.
Grazyah13

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 03:56:02 AM

Actually I think it depends on the country. There are countries where their news is really trusted because of their dignity and theire reliability. But in some countries, the company governing the news are not reliable specially during campaign periods. The news here in our country is an example of that. Their reports are very misleading and they are doing that because they want the candidate who will gave them a big favor to win. That is why I don't believe in the news at all.
Masha Sha

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:05:48 AM

They all have been conquered and work to promote the agenda imposed on them... When was the last time you saw criticisms of anything the gov really want? They all moved from information to propaganda... They tell a narrative and facts must feat the narrative...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:14:29 AM

absolutely not.. the whole mass media are doctoring news that have been published by them. They are manipulating the society with their misinformations . actually, politicians and rich ones manipulate the mass media . All of them are deceiving the society.
Masha Sha

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:11:16 AM

absolutely not.. the whole mass media are doctoring news that have been published by them. They are manipulating the society with their misinformations . actually, politicians and rich ones manipulate the mass media . All of them are deceiving the society.

Enablers of the western collapse.

escrowboy

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:51:55 AM

Media in every country is their propaganda machine. That is why you get different and conflicting reports from news outlets in rival countries. Its so obvious I don't understand why people would think news is truth.
No one will know the truth though, since truth has many sides. If the one said on the news that's the truth he's lying, that might just be a part of the known truth but it will never be the whole truth. And I agree on what you said, news is just an information that you can base your opinion, you can't claim it as a truth because it's just being reported on the news. You still need to analyze things.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 12:29:43 PM

Sometimes the news makes me know good information. but the news sometimes makes false news, I thought it was one of his weaknesses. many people now believe the news and mass media can be bought by money.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: