Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 595 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834368 times)
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 07:39:48 AM

There is an answer, which is to not use simplemining at all and use an alternative, but someone has to point out an obvious risk...

Mining information should be viewed as private information, especially when mining is outlawed in certain countries, regions. Everyone can trust tytanick with all their heart, but there is no excuse to assume that your data is perfectly safe.

There needs to be an option to opt out of having information stored or collected at all. I know, I know, an option is to not use it. I would hope tytanick would value that concern from potential customers. Of course, most users will have no idea what is being collected at all.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 09:37:56 AM

New miners:
- added tt-miner-v3.0.1 (NVidia miner. Supports: ProgPow (BCI), ProgPoWZ (Zano), ProgPoW092 (HORA, Hydnora, Sero & Abassian), tethashv1 (TEO - TrustETH reOrigin), Ethash (ETH, ETC, Music, Callisto), Ubqhash (UBIQ), MTP (Zcoin), MYRGR / Myriad-Groestl (Myriad, DigiByte, Verge), Lyra2REv3 (Vertcoin))
- API support for tt-miner will be added soon
- t-rex-v0.13.2 (Fixed bugs: Tensority max nonce limit (BTM), "Unregistered stratum method" error on some pools. Tensority nonce fix for antpool (BTM))

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 10:30:13 AM
Merited by frodocooper (7)

There is an answer, which is to not use simplemining at all and use an alternative, but someone has to point out an obvious risk...
Mining information should be viewed as private information, especially when mining is outlawed in certain countries, regions. Everyone can trust tytanick with all their hearts, but there is no excuse to assume that your data is perfectly safe.
There needs to be an option to opt-out of having information stored or collected at all. I know, I know, an option is to not use it. I would hope tytanick would value that concern from potential customers. Of course, most users will have no idea what is being collected at all.

Beave162 and all users.
This is a very good point.
Always what user wants has to meet also what developer needs to collect to make it work.
I will list what I am currently collecting in the simplemining.net database.
I am trying to collect as little as possible and I am not one of those companies who are collecting everything and then show you adverts Tongue

Anyway.
I am trying to collect as little as possible regarding user privacy but there are some things that I need to collect as I am running a company in Poland and I need to have logged in case tax company would like to aks me from where I have money.

Currently, I am collecting:
- user email (obvious)
- password but only as sha512 hash in a database ( i do not see anyone password or I do not store it as plain text - this is very obvious)
- the public IP address and login dates for each user account (for security reasons and for tax purposes to know if a user is from the European Union or outside)
- public IP address of every rig (for me I need it also for tax purpose as I am comparing country from user logged in to his account and also where are his rigs and most commonly used country is used for tax purposes (if I should pay an extra 23% VAT or 0% VAT) This is also used to show user this IP in dashboard as long with LAN IP address as it is just must have to do any changes in pool payouts and know IP of rig in LAN
- every rig dates when it was created, started, reported when counter was reset, etc …
- telegram group id and state when the notification was sent and on which rig state online/offline (for notifications)
- settings of table, template, and alerts)
- exact billing-related things, private deposit address (managed by coinpayments.net) that is connected to the user account.
- all deposits, amount, exchange rate, amounts, dates, etc for tax purposes and also, of course, to make it work ….
- billing history so how much each rig has taken a fee from a user account, also per month how much cash user was credited and the current user balance amount
- group mining settings (addresses of course and mining pools)
- overclock settings per each rig
- vote pool history, who voted on which (i need it, of course, to block a user from voting over and over but I did not check who is voting against my ideas so do not worry Cheesy I also think that opinion is always good even the one that I do not agree. Mostly I am doing what most people want and if some feature is a big issue for more than 50% then I am reconsidering it and in most cases, I am of course doing what people want.

Also, currently we are working on historical graphical statistics which will be gathering every one-minute statistics:
PER USER:
- number of online rigs
- number of online GPUs

PER each USER RIG:
- number of online GPUs
- current wattage usage
- each occurrence of date: when the rig was started after reboot and each time when it was reloaded

PER each GPU in each USER RIG:
- current fan speed
- current temperature
- current watts

All those data will be shown on historical graphs.

In addition to that, I am collecting other statistics using external software.
- analytic data like browser type, os type, number of online users, how fast is each part of the website is loading from server perspective and also from the user end. This is giving me very important information which I used this year to drastically improve the loading speeds of the simplemining.net website. Yet all those data are not correlated to the user. Those are anonymous data that does not have an IP address of the user so I am gathering this for pure statistical things and the ability to debug and improve my software.
- also, I never sold and I will never sell any userbase data to anyone ! even if I will get millions from that. never!
- I did not and will not put any paid advertisements on simplemining.net as this is a pain, crap for all internet. And yeah I would get a lot of cash from adverts but my service is paid and not free so I feel obligated to keep this as clean as possible!
- also, I am not sending any spam to users or sharing emails with anyone. of course, this would give some nice cash injection but some things never should be done.
- whoever had a harder case and talked to me I can honestly say that it was resolved much better than most companies.
- For example, people are sending really funny stuff to simplemining.net deposit address. So when the user sends, for example, 20’000$ by mistake I am giving it back (subtracting only 0,5% coinpayments.net fee+tx fee). This top one transfer but there were many other with about like 1-10k $ sent as mistake lol ….. guys you should not drink and make transfers Cheesy

I feel obligated to run this company as best as I can. I put my whole heart to this company (working too many hours Tongue).
Also, I will never sell my company to anyone other and I had one offer which I had to turn down as I would simply have no purpose in my life Smiley
I guess only some good hacker (or some good bug) can get in a way in all of this. And of course my death Tongue

About sharing data to other countries.
Well, for now, there was no single quote from any TAX authority in any country which wanted some data from our company.
Also, it is worth to say …. as there is a European sh*t called GDPR in simplemining.net. (i mean sh*t as it consumed many hours and cash to implement it in our company).
This gives the user the ability to request to delete all data that we had regarding that user. So if you want, we can delete the whole account with all data at user request. It is simple as that Smiley We deleted many user accounts that ended up mining and did not trace. This the law and we need to respect it of course Cheesy

If you guys have any other questions, please feel free to ask them.

If you have any ideas regarding statistics it is also the time to share thoughts. I want simplemining.net to be perfect Smiley
After statistics (which will take 1-2 months I guess) the next most wanted feature will be the ability to flash GPUs directly from your dashboard.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
marimach77

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 03:15:19 PM

I'd like to have GPU filter option (not "search") placed on below window in red marked area. I mean 3 check boxes (R, RX, NV) to show only miners related to marked GPU type. For example, I use only RX AMD GPUs and do not want to see miners supporting NVIDIA.
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 01:20:39 AM

tytanick,

Thank you for the very thorough explanation and details. I think it's important for people to know explicitly what is extracted. It is similar, albeit different, to the concerns of using closed-source software. I think most users of the platform are not going to care even if private information is sold for advertisements, but I thought someone should point out the risks. For example, location (country only) for purposes of your accounting is one thing; location for some other purpose would likely be bad.

Thank you tytanick, and thank you for promoting the PoW ecosystem.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2019, 12:23:03 PM

I'd like to have GPU filter option (not "search") placed on below window in red marked area. I mean 3 check boxes (R, RX, NV) to show only miners related to marked GPU type. For example, I use only RX AMD GPUs and do not want to see miners supporting NVIDIA.

I will see what can be done there.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 08:41:16 AM

tytanick,

Thank you for the very thorough explanation and details. I think it's important for people to know explicitly what is extracted. It is similar, albeit different, to the concerns of using closed-source software. I think most users of the platform are not going to care even if private information is sold for advertisements, but I thought someone should point out the risks. For example, location (country only) for purposes of your accounting is one thing; location for some other purpose would likely be bad.

I would like to add that Tytanick, beefs up security systems and procedures to protect these information collected.

There are many bad-guys out there and can hack into companies stealing information.... ie. Binance, Mt Gox etc.

Your company's investment into enhanced security is much required.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 08:45:22 AM

tytanick,

I would like to add that Tytanick, beefs up security systems and procedures to protect these information collected.

There are many bad-guys out there and can hack into companies stealing information.... ie. Binance, Mt Gox etc.

Your company's investment into enhanced security is much required.

Yep, i agree. I already had 3 security audits (penetration tests).
And i migrated my "home made" infrastructure in OVH to 4x more expensive AWS Amazon infrastructure made by official AWS partner hostersi.pl which are managing my infrastructure. It is more reliable (all systems are redundant) + top high security.
I think that binance and other exchanges had also top securities but even apple can be hacked ...

I am also now talking with next company to make 4th penetration test but this company is very slow. I am talking 2-3 month with it.
I guess i need to find some another one.

marimach77

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 11:02:33 AM

I am also now talking with next company to make 4th penetration test but this company is very slow. I am talking 2-3 month with it.
I guess i need to find some another one.
Talk to best world hackers  Grin They will do for you penetration tests  Grin. ... just joking  Wink
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2019, 07:59:06 AM

New miners:
- cryptodredge-v0.21.0 (New Chukwa (Argon2-512), Chukwa WRKZ (Argon2-256), CryptoNightConceal algos. Add stratum+ssl support. Add SOCKS5 and HTTP proxy support for TCP and Websocket. Several bug fixes and improvements)
- gminer-v1.54 (Fixed auto-switching to BeamHashII. Added AMD support for BeamHashII. Support GRIMM coin for Nvidia and AMD)

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 02:09:19 PM

Dashboard update:
- smaller space of sorting arrow images in tables for more compact view
- after doing some action on rig it will be highlighted for 1 second

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 02:26:07 PM

Miners update:
- gminer-v1.55 (improved beamhashII auto-switch for pools that doesn't send "forkheight" on login)

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 07:03:03 AM

Miners update:
- lolminer-v0.8.6 (Added BEAM hard fork. Fixed BEAM stratum back end in case of formatted job descriptions)

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 12:03:03 PM

Rig Update v1248:
- GPU stats reading with higher frequency
- Claymore (watchdog reboot scripts) will now send debug data to dashboard
- Added few informations what caused rig reboot (system watchdog or miner reboot script) and most probable cause
- Improved PAUSE mode
- Additional watchdog for restarting mining process if its crashed and not started up itself
- Shorter and more accurate messages during some user and watchdog actions
- Few other improvements on rigs

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 02:46:14 PM

Rig Update v1248:
- GPU stats reading with higher frequency
- Claymore (watchdog reboot scripts) will now send debug data to dashboard
- Added few informations what caused rig reboot (system watchdog or miner reboot script) and most probable cause
- Improved PAUSE mode
- Additional watchdog for restarting mining process if its crashed and not started up itself
- Shorter and more accurate messages during some user and watchdog actions
- Few other improvements on rigs

Tytanick - are we ready to add Claymore 14.8 in the next few days? Thanks

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.msg52028921#msg52028921

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 03:01:15 PM

Tytanick - are we ready to add Claymore 14.8 in the next few days? Thanks
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.msg52028921#msg52028921
As always, we are adding every new update of every miner we have on work days.
If it will be released on non work days then it is good to send some signal on chat or here.
I have now notifications is someone will write in this thread so i will see it much faster now.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 06:12:53 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2019, 06:49:47 AM by tytanick

Small Maintenance.
Within the next 15 minutes, there will be maintenance that will take about 10 minutes.

08:34 - Maintenance in progress (GMT +2)
08:46 - Maintenance completed (GMT +2)

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 07:54:13 AM

Miners update:
- miniz-v1.5p (Added 150/5/3 (BeamHashII) algo. Improved 210,9 (Aion). Added --stat-int to customize statistics interval. Added --nonvml to disable GPU health stats. Improved cpu load. Minor bug fixes)

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 12:45:41 PM

Rig update v1249:
- more clear short messages during Rig reboot/shutdown/pause/find gpu
- fixed bug with no returning to mining after end of find gpu action

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 07:01:32 PM

Dashbaord update
- completly removed lock and blur from dashboard, now 30 minutes inactivity will result in 2 minute refresh rate in RigList

Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 595 »
  Print  

Jump to: