Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:37:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92985 times)
CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 06:10:48 PM

"Alt Market ecoystem token"?

That's not what TAO is?

Sounds like Bryce is gearing up his hapless band of child investors for yet another fleecing.

When signing up, you have to check this box:

I am 13 years of age or older or have obtained my parents’ permission

13 or have obtained my parents' permission?  Cheesy

Why doesn't Alt Market publish its trading data publicly? Why do you have to be a member of the exchange in order to view it?

The whole thing is sleazy AF.

Just because you lack clarity about things doesn't make it sleazy, silly.  Roll Eyes

I'm assuming from your familiar writing style and the established pattern of using throwaway and alt accounts that you're one of the trolls who have hovered around this thread for years. I will walk you through part of it, but I am tired of holding your hand when you're so determinedly obtuse about everything. You can get it or not; really makes no difference to me at this point.

Trust me, I get it 100%. Bryce is a conman and you are shilling for him -- your investment must be down at least 98%, so I don't understand why. But regardless of what your motivation is, you are the throwaway alt account. You have 10 merits son. None of which were earned. You haven't exactly been contributing this forum in any meaningful or decent way during your stay here.

Catering to pre-teens as your target demographic seems downright immoral. Obviously they haven't developed the mental capacity to be able to conduct something like securities trading, yet here you are, defending Bryce's decision to allow them to do so.

Do you recognize these words?

https://coinclarity.com/spotting-a-scamcoin-number-1/

You will now.

The only reason I'm here is because Bryce decided to talk shit on Twitter. Ask him what I'm talking about.

Frankly, I don't know how you can live with yourself. But it doesn't seem to be a problem for most sociopaths. Bryce included. Have a great day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Samwise_smells_a_scam

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 06:52:05 PM

That's not what TAO is?

Sounds like Bryce is gearing up his hapless band of child investors for yet another fleecing.

Why doesn't Alt Market publish its trading data publicly? Why do you have to be a member of the exchange in order to view it?

Just because you lack clarity about things doesn't make it sleazy, silly.  Roll Eyes

I'm assuming from your familiar writing style and the established pattern of using throwaway and alt accounts that you're one of the trolls who have hovered around this thread for years. I will walk you through part of it, but I am tired of holding your hand when you're so determinedly obtuse about everything. You can get it or not; really makes no difference to me at this point.

Trust me, I get it 100%. Bryce is a conman and you are shilling for him -- your investment must be down at least 98%, so I don't understand why. But regardless of what your motivation is, you are the throwaway alt account. You have 10 merits son. None of which were earned. You haven't exactly been contributing this forum in any meaningful or decent way during your stay here.

Catering to pre-teens as your target demographic seems downright immoral. Obviously they haven't developed the mental capacity to be able to conduct something like securities trading, yet here you are, defending Bryce's decision to allow them to do so.

You will now.

The only reason I'm here is because Bryce decided to talk shit on Twitter. Ask him what I'm talking about.

Frankly, I don't know how you can live with yourself. But it doesn't seem to be a problem for most sociopaths. Bryce included. Have a great day.

imagine believing this horseshit will turn into anything

I'm sure the $2 in daily volume will increase when you get more garage bands added, oh and of course more radio ads  Wink  Wink  Wink
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 08:52:04 PM

That's not what TAO is?

You will now.

My god what is wrong with you. Over and over and over with the same allegations recycled through your various accounts. How am *I* the throwaway alt when I've been simply and consistently posting info and updates with the same account and handle here and in the slack and on Twitter for years?

That makes no sense. 😂 Cheesy

But still, I'll just ignore your empty insults and psychological projection, and I'll address the points you're attempting to make, yet again.

First, if I cared to sell my Tao right now, which I do not, I would be up around 10x from where I bought. So, no surprise, you're confused about the facts as usual.

Second, 13 year olds are not pre-teens, they are teens. Hence the suffix "teen" in the word "thirteen."

Third, there is no securities trading involved. The artist tokens are digital merchandise/commodities. There is nothing immoral about allowing teenagers to trade baseball cards, or comic books, is there? Nor is there with digital collectibles like the artist tokens. Understand?

If you are so convinced that this is illegal securities trading, I encourage you to report Bryce to the relevant authorities.  Please, do it. I'm serious. Please do.

Here's a link in case you also don't know how to use a search engine: https://www.sec.gov/tcr

CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 05:53:18 PM

1. The entire buy side orderbook for TAO is less than 0.1 BTC. If I were you I would sell what you can now. Its not going to get any better for you.

2. The language in the Alt Market TOC says this:

Basically Bryce is giving the go-ahead to pre-teenage children to trade on his exchange. It may not be illegal but it's certainly morally questionable.

3. It seems to me that Tao passes the Howey Test as being a security by any sort of reasonable standard:
In order for a financial instrument to be dubbed a security and fall under the purview of the SEC, the instrument must meet these four criteria:

- It must be an investment of money
- With an expectation of profit
- In a common enterprise
- With the profit to be generated by a third party.

All Bryce did for 3 years was talk about how awesome Tao was going to be, how it was going to do this and that for artists and the music industry and the sky was the limit. This is a tweet of his from Oct 2018:

Tao's current price: somewhere between $0.03 and $0.08, depending on if you're selling or buying.

Just don't understand how you're comfortable with promoting a project designed by someone with a track record of utter failure. And that's as kindly as I can put it.

ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 08:58:55 PM

3. It seems to me that Tao passes the Howey Test as being a security by any sort of reasonable standard:
In order for a financial instrument to be dubbed a security and fall under the purview of the SEC, the instrument must meet these four criteria:

- It must be an investment of money
- With an expectation of profit
- In a common enterprise
- With the profit to be generated by a third party.

OK Peter, like I said,

If you are so convinced that this is illegal securities trading, I encourage you to report Bryce to the relevant authorities.  Please, do it. I'm serious. Please do.

https://www.sec.gov/tcr

ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 07:33:04 PM

Jan 22nd update 

As mentioned upthread, community member Richie, aka Dr. Syndrome, has been working on an HTML wallet for Tao. As of yesterday, he reports that he has a bare-bones single address wallet in a working state, with more features on the way.  He's also working on an ecommerce site that would accept Tao as payments for art and merchandise. He's also working on something related to OpenBazaar; not sure if the last two items are directly related or not.

On other fronts, I've heard that community member Reboot Technology, who we haven't heard from in a while, will be back in the next week or so with an update on his interesting pyramid device which I mentioned once or twice last year.

Lastly, community member Soopy took over main development of Tao core in 2019, and he's delivered the following update:

[quote Soopy]
Tao Core Updates - Report - 01 - 20/01/2020

Tao Core Base update process YANG-UNIVERSE has been initiated.

Project [YANG-UNIVERSE] is a development initiative to revamp Tao Core Development and bring about upgraded and updated and security fixes to the Tao Core functionality and also the code base to act as a centralized collective and updated point for developers to work on, it will also bring about major TAO Improvement Proposals (TIPs) and a full feature updates in the coming times.

You can follow the development process and commits on either.

https://github.com/taoblockchain/tao-core
or
https://github.com/sherlockcoin/tao-core/

Tao Core version 0.10.3 is now available from:
https://github.com/sherlockcoin/tao-core/
New wallets will follow.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github:
https://github.com/sherlockcoin/tao-core/issues
0.10.3 Change log
Detailed release notes follow. This overview includes changes that affect behavior, not code moves, refactors and string updates. For convenience in locating the code changes and accompanying discussion, both the pull request and git merge commit are mentioned.

a5a559d  [YANG-UNIVERSE] Version bumped to 10.3.0
5152a84  [YANG-UNIVERSE] JSON Spirit updated to v4.06
1b464f8          [YANG-UNIVERSE] Add rpc protocol getrawchangeaddress, raw transaction
8d15bb1          [YANG-UNIVERSE] Switch to using raw_utf8 & rpc protocol getrawchangeaddress, raw transaction
e6be527  [YANG-UNIVERSE] Switch to using raw_utf8
~SoopY~
[/quote]

So, significant update to the codebase. New wallets on the way. 👍

ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 07:37:25 PM

OK Peter, like I said,

https://www.sec.gov/tcr

Thanks for passing on the link. Done.

Submission Number: 15797-xxx-xxx was submitted successfully on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:50:07 PM EST

Thank you for contacting the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.  This automated response confirms that your submission has been received successfully.  We are always interested in hearing from the public, and your submission will be given careful consideration in view of the Commission's overall responsibilities under the federal securities laws.  Please note, however, that it is the Commission's policy to conduct its investigations on a non-public basis in order to preserve the integrity of its investigative process.  Subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, we cannot disclose to you any information which we may gather, nor can we confirm the existence or non-existence of an investigation, unless such information is made a matter of public record in proceedings brought before the Commission or the courts.  Therefore, this may be the only response that you receive.  If you want to learn more about how the Commission handles inquiries or complaints, please visit http://www.sec.gov/complaint/info_tipscomplaint.shtml

Cool, man. I'm glad you had fun filling out the form. ICYMI, I'll share the story of how Bryce was the first crypto developer to lobby congress, and how he was invited for a friendly face-to-face meeting with the SEC:

I'll be posting a series of short ~2 minute videos which I've also been posting on twitter. The first one is part of an interview with Bryce where he shares the story of how he became the first person from the cryptocurrency industry to lobby congress, as well as what happened when he was invited to speak with the SEC.

https://twitter.com/taoblockchain/status/1174795731141480453

Here's an MP4 direct link if you prefer not to watch it on Twitter:
http://acgimg.s3.amazonaws.com/Bryce%20interview%202019-08%20-%203%20meeting%20the%20regulators.mp4

http://fanmix.biz/how-bryce-weiner-became-the-first-blockchain-developer-to-lobby-congress/

Lysaght

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 08:13:59 AM

Are you having an ICO or IEO

There was an ICO for Tao (originally XTO) back in 2016. It was done before the major ICO hype set it and it was done in a legally compliant way that did not count as a security, making it a rarity.

However, the FanMix.com platform will include "IAOs" (aka Initial Artist Offerings) for musicians - they have a large number of artists already onboard ranging from no-name up-and-coming artists to established big names.  Each artist token will only be tradable against Tao and so each one adds to Tao's value.

Make sure to read my posts upthread for more details, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

That was 7 months ago.  Were you bluffing?
ACGCrypto

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 06:14:48 PM

There was an ICO for Tao (originally XTO) back in 2016. It was done before the major ICO hype set it and it was done in a legally compliant way that did not count as a security, making it a rarity.

However, the FanMix.com platform will include "IAOs" (aka Initial Artist Offerings) for musicians - they have a large number of artists already onboard ranging from no-name up-and-coming artists to established big names.  Each artist token will only be tradable against Tao and so each one adds to Tao's value.

Make sure to read my posts upthread for more details, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Just passing on the info as I have heard it. I do not have insider information as I don't have equity in any of the registered companies being built around Tao like AltMarket and Fanmix.

Fanmix did a soft launch late last year with their first artist, SMANTX (pronounced like "Semantics")
http://fanmix.biz/first-fanmix-band-revealed-smantx/ 
(note this link is to fanmix.biz my own site where I've compiled some info about the Tao related projects, fanmix.com is the official site). 

I haven't checked in a while to see if they've raised more, but the band raised about $3,800 in the first 12 hours on the site despite zero promotion or marketing. I believe their crowdsale finishes up in May, and once they hit $10,000 raised that's when they are eligible to be issued their artist token.

There are other unsigned artists waiting in the wings with others in discussion or in process. Any big name artists will naturally not be using the platform yet until they've seen smaller artists have success with it.

I personally know of one band which is in the process of preparing for a crowdsale on Fanmix, and others are coming later this year, but I don't personally have specific info about them. I will share info here once I have it and permission to share it.

Currently there are new APIs being finished up for AltMarket, which is part of how the whole ecosystem operates so that as money is spent on Fanmix, Tao can be bought off the market automatically for the FM affiliate program. The APIs will also be used for an arb bot with a simple interface, with the intention of including the bot on the stakeboxes I've mentioned upthread. There's also a fund rase (I think a series A) in process, which I understand will be followed by an ICO for the AltMarket BNB-style token which is in development. I don't have any further details about this, but will share them when I do.

My understanding is we'll start seeing more news after the APIs are ready. Bryce isn't interested in rushing, something which seems to confuse the usual crypto crowd who are conditioned to respond to pump and dump schedules.  Smiley

Slow and steady wins the race. Happy to answer any more specific questions to the best of my ability. Hope this helps.

Samwise_smells_a_scam

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 06:33:03 PM

yet weiner clearly implied snoop dog was involved lol

https://ibb.co/N3r47Sp

or as weiner said 3 1/2 years ago:

Yes, we are interfacing with the very decision makers required on the inside of the music economy, from multi-platinum songwriters and performers to Pandora.

What we have not done is exactly spell out how we are going to execute our vision, and that's because we want everyone else to stake their claim first.  That's pretty much happened, and things are already in motion.  In order to preserve our market presence we will only reveal our plan once the ink is dry. 

Papers are being drafted, agreements are being signed, and money is changing hands.  The engine has been primed and we shall be turning the key in the very act of revealing our go-to-market product
altmarket3

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 01:04:23 PM

Just passing on the info as I have heard it. I do not have insider information as I don't have equity in any of the registered companies being built around Tao like AltMarket and Fanmix.

Fanmix did a soft launch late last year with their first artist, SMANTX (pronounced like "Semantics")
(note this link is to fanmix.biz my own site where I've compiled some info about the Tao related projects, fanmix.com is the official site). 

I haven't checked in a while to see if they've raised more, but the band raised about $3,800 in the first 12 hours on the site despite zero promotion or marketing. I believe their crowdsale finishes up in May, and once they hit $10,000 raised that's when they are eligible to be issued their artist token.

Their campaign has had less than 200 views since then, and unless I'm mistaken the amount of pledges has actually gone down, with now a grand total of 18 "fans" willing to put up money. The total seems reasonably close to your total though, so it might just be that they had some pledges from the five people in the "TAO community" in the first 12 hours, and then literally nothing since then.

This seems to be pretty much the same deal as ODBCoin, but with a far smaller and weaker target for the scam.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 02:55:13 PM

Their campaign has had less than 200 views since then, and unless I'm mistaken the amount of pledges has actually gone down, with now a grand total of 18 "fans" willing to put up money. The total seems reasonably close to your total though, so it might just be that they had some pledges from the five people in the "TAO community" in the first 12 hours, and then literally nothing since then.

This seems to be pretty much the same deal as ODBCoin, but with a far smaller and weaker target for the scam.

So in other words, the campaign raised thousands of dollars for a band despite the lack of any hype or promotion.

altmarket3

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 01:35:58 PM

So in other words, the campaign raised thousands of dollars for a band despite the lack of any hype or promotion.

Right, I'm sure Bryce was upfront to the band with "no of course we won't do any hype of promotion, you'll have to do all the work yourself".

Not anything like "of course you'll get lots of fans and interested people looking you up through network effects once we get the A-listers we're totally in talks with on board (which is super soon just you wait)".

Like I said, I'm sure the five people in the TAO community kept pouring their own sweat and blood into the scam - that's what usually happens when you're in too deep to admit to yourself that you've fallen for a scam. You just keep digging and pouring money and resources into the hole hoping that eventually it's all going to pay off.

I don't think it will, unfortunately.

And yeah, if you want to call 150 visitors over three months a "success story", then sure, go ahead chief.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 06:33:57 PM

Right, I'm sure Bryce was upfront to the band with "no of course we won't do any hype of promotion, you'll have to do all the work yourself".

Not anything like "of course you'll get lots of fans and interested people looking you up through network effects once we get the A-listers we're totally in talks with on board (which is super soon just you wait)".

Like I said, I'm sure the five people in the TAO community kept pouring their own sweat and blood into the scam - that's what usually happens when you're in too deep to admit to yourself that you've fallen for a scam. You just keep digging and pouring money and resources into the hole hoping that eventually it's all going to pay off.

I don't think it will, unfortunately.

And yeah, if you want to call 150 visitors over three months a "success story", then sure, go ahead chief.

Jeez man, this is just sad. You are so deep into your own fantasy you're writing dialog now. 😂

Let me acquaint you with the term "proof of concept"

ODBcoin was the first proof of concept of IAOs, the SMANTX soft launch was the proof of concept for the Fanmix platform.

The idea is small tests, then iterate until the product is ready for full production. Understand?

The proof of concept was successful. It raised money for the band, and as I already mentioned the sale is not over until May so we obviously can't judge the final results for the band until then. 

Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 08:30:22 AM

is this dumpster fire still alive?  can you even sell it?  I used to own these coins, and i know how far down they have dumped (very ouch) .. Funny how the heaviest bagholders are now the fanatics Grin
ACGCrypto

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 03:16:02 PM

is this dumpster fire still alive?  can you even sell it?  I used to own these coins, and i know how far down they have dumped (very ouch) .. Funny how the heaviest bagholders are now the fanatics Grin

Maybe we know something you don't  Wink

Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 09:45:45 AM

Maybe we know something you don't  Wink

youre right.. i dont know the feeling of being burdened with such heavy heavy bags Grin
ACGCrypto

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 03:32:29 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2020, 10:52:45 PM by ACGCrypto

is this dumpster fire still alive?  can you even sell it?  I used to own these coins, and i know how far down they have dumped (very ouch) .. Funny how the heaviest bagholders are now the fanatics Grin

Maybe we know something you don't  Wink

youre right.. i dont know the feeling of being burdened with such heavy heavy bags Grin

Lol. Then we have that in common. Heavy bags would imply I bought at a higher price and that I want to put them down, but neither is the case.

Just wait and see where we are later this year.  Cheesy

Edit: Bryce just let out some info on Telegram I'll share here. I have some more details that I can't share yet, but this is a good start on what's coming next:

Completely new codebase v2.0 relaunch of the network + addition of Peter Rafelson's DigiRamp rights management--more to come  Cool

ACGCrypto

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 05:56:14 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2020, 08:57:44 PM by ACGCrypto

Tao update for Feb 19, 2020:

As previously mentioned, Tao is doing a relaunch with all new codebase forked from Ethereum, implementing masternodes and delegated proof of stake to replace the current PoS.

Anyone with 100,000 TAO can run their own masternode, but there will be a limit of 150 masternodes at any given time. We're assuming at first that there will be somewhere around 25 masternodes, so anyone with the required 100K TAO will be able to run one at will. Once there are more than 150 people attempting to run masternodes, the 150 active nodes will be selected by a voting process by TAO holders.

If you're not familiar with DPOS, essentially you send funds as "delegates" pledged to the masternode of your choice. The delegates pledged to a given masternode vote for it to be one of the active masternodes and they earn 50% of revenue earned by that masternode, divided proportionately among the delegates.  The masternode operator earns 40% and the remaining 10% will go to a Tao board of governors for the ongoing development and maintenance of the network.  

The board of governors will be 20 masternode operators elected by Tao holders.  

Music crypto projects are being welcomed into the Tao family with the following offer: since Tao 2.0 will be an Ethereum fork, it will be able to run any ETH smart contract including tokens and other dApps. If a music project choses to migrate their coins to a TAO token, they can be given 100,000 TAO to operate their own masternode.  This gives them the ability to earn revenue from the operation of the network and also the ability to become part of the board of governors if they get sufficient votes.

So for example if Musiccoin migrated to the TAO network instead of Ethereum as they are currently planning, they can get their own masternode on the TAO network. If current $MUSIC hodlers buy some Tao, they can then vote for the Musiccoin masternode and earn a share of revenue, and if enough of them vote for the Musiccoin masternode, it can be elected to the board of governors and have a say in how the network is run.

There will be an increase in supply with the relaunch and reportedly a new ICO to distribute the new coins to a broader base of people. Some of the newly created coins will be distributed for the aforementioned masternodes and possibly in a few other ways, TBA. The increased coin supply will give a much-needed increase in liquidity since the majority of people who currently own Tao are dedicated hodlers with a long-term vision of what the project is doing and so very unwilling to sell in the near term.

Here is a link to the first article which will begins explaining the reasoning behind the switch to the new codebase and consensus mechanism.

https://medium.com/@BryceWeiner/its-not-you-it-s-us-a-case-for-forking-the-ethereum-codebase-for-the-music-economy-b4e604fef617

There are followup articles on the way including one covering "what this means for Tao," and a release roadmap. I believe the new codebase is already done, but there's a ton of documentation being worked on at this point before the update is released.

In addition to the above, last night it was announced in the slack that there will be a proof of concept for the upcoming Infinity Festival--an event in LA the weekend of March 21st. Details TBA.

As always, I'm happy to answer any good-faith questions, although I'm sure the same boring trolls will crawl out of the woodwork to attempt to clog the thread up with noise. To that end, I'll be starting a new thread soon for the relaunch which will be moderated to keep a good signal to noise ratio.  

Hit me up with any genuine questions and comments here, or on Twitter @ACG_Crypto  Smiley

Edit: to clarify, yes, if you currently own Tao you will have the opportunity to swap your coins to the same number of coins on the new network.

Samwise_smells_a_scam

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 01:10:21 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: