Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:55:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][rICO]Antshares Blockchain Mainnet is ONLINE!  (Read 1300505 times)
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:46:01 PM

Hi ANTSHARES enthusiast!

Maybe I can post here my concern as somehow it's slight related:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2012996.msg20056255#msg20056255

ANT is the symbol of Aragon. You are looking for ANC aka AntCoin. ANC can only be bought at the 19800 exchange in China for the moment (but Binance will most likely also add it in the future): https://www.19800.com/market/cny_anc/

Personally I prefer to buy ANS over ANC.

But on my client , it was stated as ANTCOIN. And yes ANT was used by ARAGON that's why Im confused. Here is the screenshot:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:14:05 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 09:37:41 PM by clovis A.

- Is staking AntCoins as simple as sending ANS to the address I just created or is it more complicated?

Generally, I'd just experiment and find the answers to my own questions, but I don't want to send too many test transactions at 0.35ANS a pop. Experimentation is too expensive Smiley

Just 'bumping' clovis' questions, since I have the same ones and, as he says, 0.35 ANS is expensive. Are there any clear English resources out there that explain staking ANS for ANC, etc.? I've looked but been unsuccessful so far at finding any. Sorry if I've just missed something!

Alright EleanorZ, I couldn't wait, so went ahead and sent a handful of ANS to the Core client I'm running. Nothing special, besides sending the coins to my wallet, was necessary to stake. No AntCoins are 'claimable' yet, but I do see that I'm earning AntCoins now. It's a very small number, but it's going up with time.

I assume that, maybe as the ANS is staking, you see the value in AntCoins increase until they are actually claimable. During the maturity phase so to speak.

The following link explains client usage and backup, along with the full scope other ANS documentation.  http://docs.antshares.org/en-us/node/gui.html

Hope this helps Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
Ashara

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:34:27 AM

Does anyone know when the wallet for coins will be available for MAC? i want to start earning those dividends!!!!

The MAC wallet is part of the Q3 & Q4 roadmap of 2017. By the sound of it, it is one of the main priorities, so I think they will implement it in Q3.

https://i.imgur.com/ZDmZ5HB.jpg
crypto research

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:39:56 AM

When ANS start trading on Poloniex ?
Ashara

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:01:41 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 09:16:01 AM by Ashara

I downloaded the client from https://www.antshares.org/Download and have successfully synced the blockchain. Also created a new wallet database, but now I have some questions.

- When creating a new wallet db, where is the appropriate folder to save the wallet file? I created the wallet db with a strong pw and currently have it saved in the Local\Antshares\ folder, along with the user.config file

- Which file(s) require a backup to restore my wallet?

- Is staking AntCoins as simple as sending ANS to the address I just created or is it more complicated?

Generally, I'd just experiment and find the answers to my own questions, but I don't want to send too many test transactions at 0.35ANS a pop. Experimentation is too expensive Smiley

Thanks in advance for the assistance!!

1) You can save the wallet file wherever you like. There is no right or wrong place except the degree of security I suppose, so some do not keep the wallet file on their computer at all (after having taken all necessary precautions).
2) The wallet file with the .db extension is needed to restore your wallet. Not that I am an expert or anything like that, but I would recommend making a backup of the .db file on one or more USB sticks or other external storage device. Also keep in mind that your entire wallet can be restored with your private keys (without the .db file). Keep in mind that if you start to create multiple addresses in the same wallet that the private keys can potentially change and you would also need to make new backups of the wallet file. I would recommend not using multiple addresses as there is some functionality involved with multiple addresses that payments are made from multiple addresses simultaneously. A new update will make this clearer, but I would stay away from that for the time being. Always write down/print your private keys and store them in safe space and never share them with anyone.
3) AntCoins are generated in your wallet as long as you hold them in your own wallet (not Bittrex as that is claimed by Bittrex' wallet). To claim them you need to 'interrupt' cycle by means of which your ANS is generating ANC. This can be done by sending your own ANS from your own address to your own address. It appears to vary a bit on certain circumstances whether you can send 1 ANS or need to send your total amount of ANS from yourself to yourself. Sending ANS does not cost any transaction fees! Bittrex charges 0.35 ANS, but as soon as it is removed from Bittrex sending ANS to any ANS wallet will not cost anything. Most of the time those transaction of sending ANS to yourself should take less than a minute to complete. Once you have done that you will notice under the 'Advanced' tab that your previously generated but unavailable AntCoint has become available to claim which can be done by clicking 'Claim All'. Under certain conditions you do not even need to click 'Claim All', but then all AntCoins are automatically added to your wallet and become listed in the 'Account' tab. Sending all ANS from yourself to yourself will likely ensure that all your AntCoins are automatically added to your wallet.
Ashara

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:06:53 AM

Hi ANTSHARES enthusiast!

ANT is the symbol of Aragon. You are looking for ANC aka AntCoin. ANC can only be bought at the 19800 exchange in China for the moment (but Binance will most likely also add it in the future): https://www.19800.com/market/cny_anc/

But on my client , it was stated as ANTCOIN. And yes ANT was used by ARAGON that's why Im confused. Here is the screenshot:

Your wallet looks a bit different to mine. I am using the Windows wallet, but if you have acquired the wallet from an official Antshares/NEO website, it should be fine I suppose (and updated NEO clients should be available soon). In my wallet the name AntCoin is also used, but the letters for that are ANC in that same wallet. My Windows wallet looks like this (not my actual wallet, but the same): https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FTiQF6oB.png&t=578&c=Y8__KSiNAQL5xA

http://docs.antshares.org/images/2017-05-17_15-15-45.jpg (Mine is in English, but this is how the 'Account' tab looks for the Windows wallet)
DesertDuke

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:52:17 AM

Excuse my ignorance, can I keep my ANS on the Bittrex exchange for the change to NEO or do I have to move them somewhere else ?

Also, do I qualify for ANC if I keep my ANS on Bittrex ? If not, where should I move them to ? Thanks !

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:27:04 PM

Excuse my ignorance, can I keep my ANS on the Bittrex exchange for the change to NEO or do I have to move them somewhere else ?

Also, do I qualify for ANC if I keep my ANS on Bittrex ? If not, where should I move them to ? Thanks !

You must move them to your own wallet to collect NEO. You will not start collecting any until you do so.
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:44:27 PM

When ANS start trading on Poloniex ?

Still unknown, it seems a bit longer, already a month more poloniex has not added the latest coin.
Ashara

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:08:45 PM

1) You do not have to do anything per Da Hongfei. ANS will automatically become NEO and ANC will become GAS. All that is necessary is possibly download the new NEO client (when the time comes) if you are holding them in your own wallet. At Bittrex everything is completely automatic.

2) If you keep them at Bittrex, you will not be receiving ANC. Bittrex instead keeps those ANC. If you want to start generating ANC yourself, you need to move them to your own wallet. You can download the client for this at the official Antshares/NEO websites. Keep in mind that Bittrex charges 0.35 ANS to transfer the ANS out of the account and ANS technically has no decimals except for at Bittrex. So for example if you want to transfer 100 ANS to your wallet, you should transfer 100.35. If you transfer 100.34, then you will end up with 99.99 and that is rounded down to 99 ANS. Bittrex did change the fees a few times, so always check what their realtime fees are, but it likely is 0.35. There is also a file you can download at the Antshares website to speed up the synchronization of the wallet. Best to check the Reddit FAQ or carefully read various pages on this thread for more details.
Ashara

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:34:07 PM

Official response from Binance (meaning Binance will allow you to keep your generated ANC/GAS in contrast to Bittrex):

As a high-quality project on Binance exchange, NEO will get full support from Binance. We will have NEO/BTC trading pair from day one.  Our model is different from other platforms.

NEO (currently still named ANS) in your wallet will produce GAS (currently still named ANC) periodically. If you have 10000 NEO in your wallet, you should receive roughly 90 GAS (ANC) in the last 30 days, which is worth about $150.

As of now, most exchanges will not give you NEO gas if you put NEO on their platforms. After a discussion with the NEO team, we together decided to disrupt the status quo.

Binance is going to be the first international exchange to give you your NEO GAS!

Binance will snapshot your NEO asset at 8am. (Beijing time) everyday, and issue NEO GAS to your account monthly based on your holding amount and time.

Protect your benefits is Binance’s principle. Thank you for your support!

Binance Team

Source: https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000608671-Binance-Open-Letter-to-NEO-Community

What this means is that Binance has set itself up to become THE exchange for NEO and its GAS. Especially as NEO apparently will not charge any transaction fees initially whatsoever. They almost look like a charitable organisation.
mikebacker

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:18:14 PM

Official response from Binance (meaning Binance will allow you to keep your generated ANC/GAS in contrast to Bittrex):

As a high-quality project on Binance exchange, NEO will get full support from Binance. We will have NEO/BTC trading pair from day one.  Our model is different from other platforms.

NEO (currently still named ANS) in your wallet will produce GAS (currently still named ANC) periodically. If you have 10000 NEO in your wallet, you should receive roughly 90 GAS (ANC) in the last 30 days, which is worth about $150.

As of now, most exchanges will not give you NEO gas if you put NEO on their platforms. After a discussion with the NEO team, we together decided to disrupt the status quo.

Binance is going to be the first international exchange to give you your NEO GAS!

Binance will snapshot your NEO asset at 8am. (Beijing time) everyday, and issue NEO GAS to your account monthly based on your holding amount and time.

Protect your benefits is Binance’s principle. Thank you for your support!

Binance Team

Source: https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000608671-Binance-Open-Letter-to-NEO-Community

What this means is that Binance has set itself up to become THE exchange for NEO and its GAS. Especially as NEO apparently will not charge any transaction fees initially whatsoever. They almost look like a charitable organisation.

Nice, this is going to be a nice move for Ant/Neo and the holders. It will help Binance as well as they will get a lot of support for making this move. It should hopefully shake things up at Bittrex as well, being that they will probably take a massive hit to trade volume and thus lose a lot of revenue.
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:00:26 AM

Hope this helps Smiley

Thanks mate. Will take the plunge and transfer shortly, with a little 0.35 top-up to maintain a nice round number Smiley
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:10:09 PM

I downloaded the client from https://www.antshares.org/Download and have successfully synced the blockchain. Also created a new wallet database, but now I have some questions.

- When creating a new wallet db, where is the appropriate folder to save the wallet file? I created the wallet db with a strong pw and currently have it saved in the Local\Antshares\ folder, along with the user.config file

- Which file(s) require a backup to restore my wallet?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!!

1) You can save the wallet file wherever you like. There is no right or wrong place except the degree of security I suppose, so some do not keep the wallet file on their computer at all (after having taken all necessary precautions).
2) The wallet file with the .db extension is needed to restore your wallet. Not that I am an expert or anything like that, but I would recommend making a backup of the .db file on one or more USB sticks or other external storage device. Also keep in mind that your entire wallet can be restored with your private keys (without the .db file). Keep in mind that if you start to create multiple addresses in the same wallet that the private keys can potentially change and you would also need to make new backups of the wallet file. I would recommend not using multiple addresses as there is some functionality involved with multiple addresses that payments are made from multiple addresses simultaneously. A new update will make this clearer, but I would stay away from that for the time being. Always write down/print your private keys and store them in safe space and never share them with anyone.
3) AntCoins are generated in your wallet as long as you hold them in your own wallet (not Bittrex as that is claimed by Bittrex' wallet). To claim them you need to 'interrupt' cycle by means of which your ANS is generating ANC. This can be done by sending your own ANS from your own address to your own address. It appears to vary a bit on certain circumstances whether you can send 1 ANS or need to send your total amount of ANS from yourself to yourself. Sending ANS does not cost any transaction fees! Bittrex charges 0.35 ANS, but as soon as it is removed from Bittrex sending ANS to any ANS wallet will not cost anything. Most of the time those transaction of sending ANS to yourself should take less than a minute to complete. Once you have done that you will notice under the 'Advanced' tab that your previously generated but unavailable AntCoint has become available to claim which can be done by clicking 'Claim All'. Under certain conditions you do not even need to click 'Claim All', but then all AntCoins are automatically added to your wallet and become listed in the 'Account' tab. Sending all ANS from yourself to yourself will likely ensure that all your AntCoins are automatically added to your wallet.

Excellent! Appreciate your response @Ashara! Smiley

I had already figured out the answers to most of my questions, except for claiming unavailable AntCoins. Your explanation was most helpful, as I have now successfully claimed my AntCoins.

Again, thanks for the assist!!

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
oleksii777

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:44:39 PM

How do you think a coin can cost $ 200 during the year?
lindin99

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:50:26 PM

Want to sell 100 Antcoin's for 0.0013BTC each.  PM me if intresting  Smiley

We need another exchange for Antcoin !!!
Homes

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:55:22 AM

How does NEO/Antshares compare to Qtum? Is there any ICOs or projects being build on Antshares platform? From what I gather majority of people are saying that Antshares have superior tech over Qtum, but lack good marketing, especially in the West. I suppose rebranding to NEO will change that? What is next in the pipeline for Antshares?
boudesj

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:52:51 PM

Hi. I am checking if AntShares would be compatible with the upcoming Blocknet decentralized exchange. I have looked at your github, but cannot figure out if you support BIP65 (OP_checklocktimeverify) and have a bitcoin stock JSON RPC API?
Thanks!
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:16:27 PM

Hi ANTSHARES enthusiast!

Your wallet looks a bit different to mine. I am using the Windows wallet, but if you have acquired the wallet from an official Antshares/NEO website, it should be fine I suppose (and updated NEO clients should be available soon). In my wallet the name AntCoin is also used, but the letters for that are ANC in that same wallet. My Windows wallet looks like this (not my actual wallet, but the same): https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FTiQF6oB.png&t=578&c=Y8__KSiNAQL5xA

http://docs.antshares.org/images/2017-05-17_15-15-45.jpg (Mine is in English, but this is how the 'Account' tab looks for the Windows wallet)

Thanks for answering. By the way this is thread Im talking about with that kind of wallet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1969274.msg20057276#msg20057276

Is that related to the official ANTSHARE or ANTCOIN wallet? Thanks again for answering.
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:01:26 PM

Want to sell 100 Antcoin's for 0.0013BTC each.  PM me if intresting  Smiley

We need another exchange for Antcoin !!!
Of course Antcoin need another exchange.
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 »
  Print  

Jump to: