Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][rICO]Antshares Blockchain Mainnet is ONLINE!  (Read 1300498 times)
fudubond

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:18:38 AM

When the rebranding to NEO occurs, do we have to download the updated wallet from the website or will we be prompted to update when we open our existing wallet?

Thanks!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grasshpr

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:33:31 AM

next year Ans will be like Eth this year, there is no doubt price will be fly, but we need to wait and support developer to make strong community for Ans.

Why will ANS be like ETH? ANS is not divisible and thus cannot be used as currency. Many startups are using ETH both to build their dapps and to fund them through ICOs. With ANS its not really viable to fund? Yes, there are (or will be) ANC, but at the moment it looks maybe a little to complicated? Plus if ANS gets very expensive (and I have invested in it), it may slowdown market movements (be less accessible to purchase).

Antshares (NEO) looks like it has a solid team, charts look good, some people whose analysis I appreciate like ANS and, basically, China is great and is unstoppable, thats why invested in ANS. Just recently I learned (I know I know) ANS is not divisible so probably not great option to use as currency.

What do you think about that? What is the future of ANS?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:47:09 AM

next year Ans will be like Eth this year, there is no doubt price will be fly, but we need to wait and support developer to make strong community for Ans.

Why will ANS be like ETH? ANS is not divisible and thus cannot be used as currency. Many startups are using ETH both to build their dapps and to fund them through ICOs. With ANS its not really viable to fund? Yes, there are (or will be) ANC, but at the moment it looks maybe a little to complicated? Plus if ANS gets very expensive (and I have invested in it), it may slowdown market movements (be less accessible to purchase).

Antshares (NEO) looks like it has a solid team, charts look good, some people whose analysis I appreciate like ANS and, basically, China is great and is unstoppable, thats why invested in ANS. Just recently I learned (I know I know) ANS is not divisible so probably not great option to use as currency.

ANC/GAS can be used as currency and is paid out to all shareholders (ANS are the shares).

You can check that here, really nice feature: https://neotogas.com/ 
grasshpr

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:05:03 AM

Imo ANC needs to get on more exchanges. I bet not many here use 19800. Maybe NEO team is waiting for more ANC to be generated and rebranding completed.
Ashara

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:01:47 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 01:26:12 PM by Ashara

Imo ANC needs to get on more exchanges. I bet not many here use 19800. Maybe NEO team is waiting for more ANC to be generated and rebranding completed.

ANC only becomes more important down the road. Exchanges care about volume and volume for ANC would still be relatively low, even if listen on various other exchanges. First of all NEO needs to become more available and so far the addition of Binance is nice and today Bittrex has added the possibility of buying and selling NEO for Ethereum instead of only Bitcoin. To make ANC more important more applications need to be developed for which ANC can be used and that will pick up by the end of this month apparently.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When the rebranding to NEO occurs, do we have to download the updated wallet from the website or will we be prompted to update when we open our existing wallet?

Thanks!

That is not clear yet, but it would appear that Erik Zhang has already made the new NEO clients available. There is no official message yet, so if you want to be certain, do not use them use them yet. Some other NEO holders do report they they seem to be working fine.

Neo GUI v2.0.1 (replacement for AntSharesCore v1.6.1) can be downloaded from here:

https://github.com/neo-project/neo-gui/releases

Neo CLI v2.0.1 can be found here (this is mostly for servers):

https://github.com/neo-project/neo-cli/releases

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot compare NEO to ETH like that as NEO has entirely different functionality. There is no proper voting system in Ethereum. Anyone who wants to mine and therefore vote can do so. There is nothing that can bar anyone there. In contrast every NEO functions as a share which represents a single vote. Votes are never divisible in companies. Furthermore Berkshire Hathaway functions just fine with its price for a single share of $257651. There are enough possibilies to resolve any such issues. Some exchanges for example deal with integers and others do not. Some charge a percentage of NEO and others do not charge any transaction costs at all currently or use a different currency to charge the transaction costs such as Binance. NEO has superior scalability, better energy efficiency, is quantum proof, has developed cross-chain patents, has inbuilt Know Your Customer options (important for businesses), has a special focus on the largest market in the world, it CANNOT fork and it supports most programming languages. In all these facets NEO is better than Bitcoin and Ethereum, so I would agree that NEO is not like Ethereum.....NEO is better. It will take some time to unfold its full potential, but companies in this market generally move fast.
Bigbobbasher

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Crypto connoisseur.

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:49:45 PM

NEO is picking up steam really fast, especially with all the recent exposure. Before everyone knows it this ship will have taken off.
gufpmvgw3334

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:11:19 PM

When we start trading on poloniex ?
every on holding the Ants hope trading on poloniex,but poloniex has not list new coins for a long time!
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:58:11 PM

every on holding the Ants hope trading on poloniex,but poloniex has not list new coins for a long time!

NEO/Antshares doesn't really need Poloniex at this moment honestly, it's becoming more irrelevant by the minute and I'm not sure what's going on with them, long are the days of Poloniex adding a coin and making a huge rally/pump. I remember when Stratis was listed nothing happened and sit below 10k for many months.

The team and community should be focused on developing the tech and its projects, I've already seen plenty of progress so far and I'm quite impressed how the price remained quite stable recently.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:47:20 PM

NEO/Antshares doesn't really need Poloniex at this moment honestly, it's becoming more irrelevant by the minute and I'm not sure what's going on with them, long are the days of Poloniex adding a coin and making a huge rally/pump. I remember when Stratis was listed nothing happened and sit below 10k for many months.

The team and community should be focused on developing the tech and its projects, I've already seen plenty of progress so far and I'm quite impressed how the price remained quite stable recently.

It's taken me about two months, but i have finally migrated back to bittrex. Never wanted to go to polo a couple years ago anyway, but volume dropped off a cliff on trex. With the increased lag and shadiness on polo, combined with newfound volume on trex, I'm happy to be trading there again Grin

Btw, I think this added volume on bittrex is a direct result of the lack of trader confidence in poloniex. Fuck em lol

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:01:32 PM

It's taken me about two months, but i have finally migrated back to bittrex. Never wanted to go to polo a couple years ago anyway, but volume dropped off a cliff on trex. With the increased lag and shadiness on polo, combined with newfound volume on trex, I'm happy to be trading there again Grin

Btw, I think this added volume on bittrex is a direct result of the lack of trader confidence in poloniex. Fuck em lol

The many complains about withdrawals issues/delays plus the missing trollbox (say what you will but it was great entertainment at some point!) made a lot of users migrate to other exchanges, even Liqui which started very small has nowadays grown into a reputable exchange, with fast support and decent volume.

Bittrex is great and it appears to be the sucesor, however I'm worried that they'll go the same route if they get too big too soon.

But I get that some more exchanges will make NEO more accesible for more people, it's only logical as not everyone trades at Bittrex, however I think most serious users on Poloniex should already have an account there by now.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:05:33 PM

This is a really interesting project and I'm extremely excited to watch it evolve over the next few months/years.

grasshpr

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:39:19 PM

Thank you for a detailed explanation  Smiley
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 12:30:03 AM

Hello dahongfei, hope all is well. Can I please FINALLY get some help retrieving my frozen funds. It's been over the 6 months waiting period. I don't know who else to contact. I see you have been online for the last couple of days. I've sent you several private messages. Can I please get this resolved already. I hate getting the run around and I don't like asking and pestering people.  I know you have been busy rolling out Neo, but I've been asking for help on the Slack Channel, WeChat, Peter with Onchain, Wentao on LinkedIn for several months now with no avail. I don't know what else to do. 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
fudubond

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:00:29 AM

Guys, really need to know, when the rebranding happens, do we have to download the updated wallets ourselves or will we be prompted to update when we open the existing wallet?

Thanks
leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:14:01 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 06:35:02 AM by leps

So Ant/NEO is China's Ethereum but the exchange with the highest volume is Bittrex? Does not add up.
Ashara

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:54:12 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 01:46:33 PM by Ashara

Guys, really need to know, when the rebranding happens, do we have to download the updated wallets ourselves or will we be prompted to update when we open the existing wallet?

Thanks

We do not know yet. We will know when the time comes. Likely you will just have to download the new wallet. I would not worry about it. Your NEO and GAS should be safe regardless of which wallet you are using.

A new NEO webwallet is also in development by Western NEO developers (a group called Citizens of Zion) and it likely will be even better on various fronts than the official NEO webwallet. I assume this means that other wallets will also be developed for NEO over time.

So Ant/NEO is China's Ethereum but the exchange with the highest volume is Bittrex? Does not add up.

Coinbasemarketcap is not an accurate source at all, even though there seems to be no better alternative just yet. Go check the 'realtime prices' at Coinbasemarketcap and compare them to the exchanges....they are not the same, now are they? Furthermore the volume often shifts a lot at Coinbasemarketcap depending on the time of day and at certain times most of the volume will come from the East and at other times from the West, even though these should be 24 hour snapshots. Besides that not even all exchanges are listed. There is also Binance and that is not even included in these calculations, even though it already has almost half of Bittrex' volume as an exchange that is just starting out. Last, but not least, 'some' decided to call it China's Ethereum and that was not the NEO management and I would not call it China's Ethereum either as I consider the technological framework behind NEO better, so to put blame on the company for a name others decided to give it is not fair. Either way, that volume does not matter. Are you sure you would not be making a fuss if China had 100% of the trading volume and no international trading volume or in case Bittrex had 100% of the volume? It is fine as it is as this shows there is clear support within China and support from the international community. Most of the Bitcoin trading volume would seem to come from China and as NEO gets more exposure it will take market share away from Bitcoin.  

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:55:26 PM

Is Antshares Poised to be China’s Ethereum?
https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-antshares-poised-to-be-chinas-ethereum
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:14:20 PM

Good point! Something I've pondered as well. Gotta dig into the volume on each exchange for it to make better sense.

If you take the combined Chinese 24hr volume for Yunbi, Jubi and Yuanbao, it outweighs the Bittrex volume by approximately $2M USD.

Bittrex = $4,699,030

Yunbi = $3,515,240
     Jubi = $2,460,420
     Yuanbao = $709,864

Doesn't appear so peculiar when you account for total volume Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
theSC4RE

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:37:01 PM

I think theres lots of FOMO trading going on with this coin.  This coin could shoot up just like ethereum did so they dont want to miss out
Bigbobbasher

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Crypto connoisseur.

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:16:32 PM

Preparing neo rocket ship for liftoff. Outerspace on the 24th!!
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 »
  Print  

Jump to: