Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:34:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos.  (Read 147865 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:23:59 PM

Looks like ZCash Classic (ZCL) is starting to be a thing.  It is NOT on Poloniex or Bittrex, yet, though.  No block reward goes to the Devs.  You can mine it at suprnova. 

I'll give it a try with my CPUs , since I turned them off of ZEC.  Maybe throw one rig at them too. See what happens.

How do you sell it ?

https://c-cex.com/?p=zcl-btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xleejohnx

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:10:34 AM

well someone just put up at buy order on zec at .2 for a total of 104 btc....

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
LoneRangir

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:13:26 AM

We found a floor!
xleejohnx

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:19:14 AM

We found a floor!

i alot of orders are going in right now at the .2..
150 btc buy orders so far..
makes me wonder whats coming

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:41:39 AM

Electric Cost = $0.12 cents per KW

12 c / kwh is getting into *OUCH* range on electric cost.

The entire reason I moved last summer was that I considered 7.5-8c/kwh 9 months 14plus the other 3 months was way too high.

ETH is probably getting hammered because of the "2'nd and 3'd hard fork" issue, which are happening to cure the long-running issue with attacks overloading the network but some folks think any fork is a bad thing.

Even with that, *for me* ETH has been more profitable the last few days, abet it's close.

My electricity cost is basically "fixed" right now, but I'm in a rather odd situation for at least the next few months - but even if it wasn't, my electric cost is low enough I doubt that the power savings ZEC has would make up for the lower income *IN MY CASE*

Don't take anyone's word for it, crunch the numbers yourself because they DO vary.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:27:24 AM

Looks like ZCash Classic (ZCL) is starting to be a thing.  It is NOT on Poloniex or Bittrex, yet, though.  No block reward goes to the Devs.  You can mine it at suprnova. 

I'll give it a try with my CPUs , since I turned them off of ZEC.  Maybe throw one rig at them too. See what happens.

Interesting this ZCL.

Pointed one of my test rigs (2x290, 1x290x) to suprnova and used a CEX ZCL address.

Working guide below

Using Claymore v4 at suprnova pool (mining anonymously):
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool  zcl.suprnova.cc:4042 -zwal t1YazeAXyojhEAPgxACpbeAhDB3qzjGagwj.TMTCEX -zpsw z123 -allpools 1 x -tt 77 -fanmax 99 -dbg -1 -tstop 95 -r 1

You can monitor the mining at:
https://zcl.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=anondashboard&user=t1YazeAXyojhEAPgxACpbeAhDB3qzjGagwj

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:47:51 AM

Interesting this ZCL.

Pointed one of my test rigs (2x290, 1x290x) to suprnova and used a CEX ZCL address.

Working guide below

Using Claymore v4 at suprnova pool (mining anonymously):
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool  zcl.suprnova.cc:4042 -zwal t1YazeAXyojhEAPgxACpbeAhDB3qzjGagwj.TMTCEX -zpsw z123 -allpools 1 x -tt 77 -fanmax 99 -dbg -1 -tstop 95 -r 1

You can monitor the mining at:
https://zcl.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=anondashboard&user=t1YazeAXyojhEAPgxACpbeAhDB3qzjGagwj

Zclassic is interesting.

If it gets picked up by one of the large exchanges that could net a sweet return.

Then again it could just drift into the abyss or never make it to any note worthy exchange.
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:16:11 AM

The entire reason I moved last summer was that I considered 7.5-8c/kwh 9 months 14plus the other 3 months was way too high.

ETH is probably getting hammered because of the "2'nd and 3'd hard fork" issue, which are happening to cure the long-running issue with attacks overloading the network but some folks think any fork is a bad thing.

Even with that, *for me* ETH has been more profitable the last few days, abet it's close.

My electricity cost is basically "fixed" right now, but I'm in a rather odd situation for at least the next few months - but even if it wasn't, my electric cost is low enough I doubt that the power savings ZEC has would make up for the lower income *IN MY CASE*

Don't take anyone's word for it, crunch the numbers yourself because they DO vary.

I'm personnally mining at 0,18$/kWh, and that's still profitable. Of course says goodbye to 290 and such, but with RX 470, a little with R9 380 and 1070, I find a way to be profitable.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:56:19 PM

I'm personnally mining at 0,18$/kWh, and that's still profitable. Of course says goodbye to 290 and such, but with RX 470, a little with R9 380 and 1070, I find a way to be profitable.

My 2 test rigs are 290s and 370s -- the 290s are really power hungry just like the 390s. The 370s uses very little power.

I still keep the 390s because of its powerful cores and big VRAM, however with new GPUs in the market, like RX series Polaris based architecture, not wise to buy any more R9s series, purely for low-power, supportability and sell-ability reasons.

My powerbill then was in sad state because of full on ETH mining. Soon after ROI of the 390s, expanding the farm with 480s and Nanos brought the power/hash/revenue ratio into positive territory. The 480s price point is perfect for mining. My next RX batch will be 470s to further reduce power consumption.

In this journey, lessons learnt in my opinion as follows, to share:

1. Undervolt. Undervolt. Undervolt. The Nanos and 480s are with modded BIOS and at -mV100. That saves me a couple of amps and a sizable wattage savings. Multiply that with 10 or 20 rigs, you will see the savings quickly.

2. Always spend a bit more on good PSU. I standardized on EVGA 1600, 1300 and 1000 - G2s Gold80s (10 year warranty). Total wattage consumed by each rig should not be more than 80% of the PSU specs. All this resulted in efficient  power consumption, stable rig esp. 5 or 6 x GPUs systems. Less downtime, maximum hash time, increased revenue and no worries of power overdraw leading to frying mobos and expensive GPUs etc.

3. Mining software. Standardize on stratum compliant mining software for maximum hash. For ETH mining, stratum  compliant pools will allocate the jobs efficiently to maximize your rig hash power. The early ETH mining software was based on POW... and this method resulted too many stales and rejects, wasting GPU cycles and power. To fix this problem, we had good proxy solutions like sammy007 which saved a lot miners. Then came Claymore - that guy is good developer. I studied his past projects, you know that this guy is good and smart coder because he had a big following even a few years ago for Cryptonight miner. The ETH Dual Miner v7.3 is by far the best performing ETH miner to date. The dev fee is well justified because miners consistently makes profit with his miner. I like the monitoring tools too - he has centralised the "ethman" to now monitor ETH, XMR and ZCASH -- you can now monitor 3 coins in ONE single dashboard. I use this dashboard extensively to provide overall information on the farm 24x7 to my home PC and also smartphone. Less stress - good life.

4. Temperature. I never tracked this matter seriously until one of the more experienced miners shared with me their experience recently. The basic components/equipment usually of good quality, acceptable industry specs, and good warranty are: GPUs, memory, SSD, motherboards, PSU.... however most risers, cables, switches, odd fans and other peripherals are often made in China, in some back alley somewhere without the warranty  .... these are the parts that wouldn't last long under extreme conditions. Certain cables esp PCI riser cables will work fine in a good ventilated spaces... however under extreme conditions, it melts and certainly a big fire hazard. So too high of temperature being the root of all evil for miners... ensure that some form of temp controls are put in place. Remember, a faulty PCI riser means a inactive rig = no revenue. Also, dont worry about setting GPU fans to 99% because its easy to replace GPUs fans than to have a fried GPU.

sorry for long sharing.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
ps_jb

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:35:02 PM

sorry for long sharing.

Perfect overview citronick!

Did you consider to go back to XMR? I actually already forgot what was the speed on RX 480 (29MH/s mod). Maybe it is profitable now
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:13:59 PM

sorry for long sharing.

Did you consider to go back to XMR? I actually already forgot what was the speed on RX 480 (29MH/s mod). Maybe it is profitable now

I want to stay on ZEC a while more.... the 30 day "slow ramp" is up soon, so I wanna stick around to see if ZEC goes up or down.... ZEC is still profitable and I am about 2.x more vs ETH currently with my hash (ATM 9.7MH/s).

Yes.... Monero is very tempting.... There is definetely something up with XMR. Looks like a XMR vs ZEC battle coming up soon (XMR volume is 12x of ZEC at Polo now). Whatever it is, we should chase the profits and "don't fall in love with the coin"  Grin

Claymore XMR miner v9.6 on my 5x480 rig does 3569 h/s, about 713 h/s per GPU. Using -a -1 and hash count for 480 is 1024. BUT my 390s does better in XMR, pushing around 3951 h/s with 1280 hash count.

** all my 480s are modded with Heliox 29MH Low Power mod.

LoneRangir

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:39:43 PM

sorry for long sharing.

I want to stay on ZEC a while more.... the 30 day "slow ramp" is up soon, so I wanna stick around to see if ZEC goes up or down.... ZEC is still profitable and I am about 2.x more vs ETH currently with my hash (ATM 9.7MH/s).

Yes.... Monero is very tempting.... There is definetely something up with XMR. Looks like a XMR vs ZEC battle coming up soon (XMR volume is 12x of ZEC at Polo now). Whatever it is, we should chase the profits and "don't fall in love with the coin"  Grin

Claymore XMR miner v9.6 on my 5x480 rig does 3569 h/s, about 713 h/s per GPU. Using -a -1 and hash count for 480 is 1024. BUT my 390s does better in XMR, pushing around 3951 h/s with 1280 hash count.

Do you run any anti-virus on your windows rigs?  I sure get more strange popups/click-bait-tabs now that I hang around mining sites/exchanges.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:22:13 PM

sorry for long sharing.

Do you run any anti-virus on your windows rigs?  I sure get more strange popups/click-bait-tabs now that I hang around mining sites/exchanges.

I disable all anti-virus on the mining rigs, and only retain Windows Defender.

I know that this is not best practise but anti-virus programs takes a lot of cpu cycle... Windows Defender is really basic AV sw and it ain't really the best out there... but will settle for that.

Best practise is to avoid using mining rigs to browse etc. -- the hackers out there have 101 ways to infect your rig if given a chance - so best is NO browsing, and no "unauthorised" apps on mining rigs.... except for the occasional downloads from Claymore.

In my farm, only 2 rigs (Brutus and Olive) does the downloading of Claymore programs. All other rigs, gets their copy from either of these 2 rigs (copy and paste Claymore folder across the network). This way, I know the Claymore source files are consistent and verified copies. Also this is faster when deploying new Claymore versions, since Claymore works as standalone binary.

My main home desktop is a MAC (with avast AV)  Grin. I use Teamviewer to access my farm. When I am in my farm / warehouse, I use a Windows 7 Enterprise workstation named Brutus (non mining rig with avast AV) to access and control all the mining rigs via TightVNC. My Home MAC connect only to this workstation (there is also a backup workstation - Olive - just in case). I also have a old Celeron desktop with Ubuntu 16.04 with TeamViewer - I do my dabbling in linux there...

Brutus also host the main config files for Claymore's "ethman" where all rigs are monitored centrally. I can update all mining rig config.txt from this workstation via the ethman utility. Brutus also stores the "gold copies" of SSD images for 390, Nano and RX480 - I can clone/restore an SSD and vice-versa for any rig type under 10 minutes. I use Macrium Reflect free-edition and also HDD RAW Copy extensively.

So in conclusion.... all mining rigs stays clean and lean. All other activities, browsing, testing, Poloniex etc.... must be isolated to a central workstation with the full on AV like avast or AVG. Anyways.... there is no 100% defence against hackers out there.... the bad guys are more advanced in many ways with the most advanced hacking tools... the best we can do is ensure we centralise daily activities into a separate environment and isolate all mining rigs to only perform 1 single function.... mining.

.... sorry again for the long reply

AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 05:39:37 PM

sorry for long sharing.

Do you run any anti-virus on your windows rigs?  I sure get more strange popups/click-bait-tabs now that I hang around mining sites/exchanges.

I disable all anti-virus on the mining rigs, and only retain Windows Defender.

I know that this is not best practise but anti-virus programs takes a lot of cpu cycle... Windows Defender is really basic AV sw and it ain't really the best out there... but will settle for that.

Best practise is to avoid using mining rigs to browse etc. -- the hackers out there have 101 ways to infect your rig if given a chance - so best is NO browsing, and no "unauthorised" apps on mining rigs.... except for the occasional downloads from Claymore.

In my farm, only 2 rigs (Brutus and Olive) does the downloading of Claymore programs. All other rigs, gets their copy from either of these 2 rigs (copy and paste Claymore folder across the network). This way, I know the Claymore source files are consistent and verified copies. Also this is faster when deploying new Claymore versions, since Claymore works as standalone binary.

My main home desktop is a MAC (with avast AV)  Grin. I use Teamviewer to access my farm. When I am in my farm / warehouse, I use a Windows 7 Enterprise workstation named Brutus (non mining rig with avast AV) to access and control all the mining rigs via TightVNC. My Home MAC connect only to this workstation (there is also a backup workstation - Olive - just in case). I also have a old Celeron desktop with Ubuntu 16.04 with TeamViewer - I do my dabbling in linux there...

Brutus also host the main config files for Claymore's "ethman" where all rigs are monitored centrally. I can update all mining rig config.txt from this workstation via the ethman utility. Brutus also stores the "gold copies" of SSD images for 390, Nano and RX480 - I can clone/restore an SSD and vice-versa for any rig type under 10 minutes. I use Macrium Reflect free-edition and also HDD RAW Copy extensively.

So in conclusion.... all mining rigs stays clean and lean. All other activities, browsing, testing, Poloniex etc.... must be isolated to a central workstation with the full on AV like avast or AVG. Anyways.... there is no 100% defence against hackers out there.... the bad guys are more advanced in many ways with the most advanced hacking tools... the best we can do is ensure we centralise daily activities into a separate environment and isolate all mining rigs to only perform 1 single function.... mining.

I for one appreciate your information that you are sharing!  Keep on helping the rest of us with this information!

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7867

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 06:48:55 PM

sorry for long sharing.

Yes.... x of ZEC at Polo now). Whatever it is, we should chase the profits and "don't fall in love with the coin"  Grin

I disable all anti-virus on the mining rigs, and only retain Windows Defender? 

In my farm, only 2 rigs (Brutus and Olive) does the downloading of Claymore programs. All other rigs, gets their copy from either of these 2 rigs (copy and paste Claymore folder across the network). ...

This way, I know

I did editing but my reply is for security.

I have
10 windows pcs

1 Linux PPC
3 Mac minis
1 iPad
1 edge type tablet.

1 low end burner smart phone pre paid.
1 windows does browsing
9 windows mine and only mine.

Most internet work on this forum is with Apple Mac minis.

I clone a lot of Apple drives for backups.

I move my mining software via usb sticks.

I have backups in bank safety deposit box and some in my bro in laws house in An other state.

Don't use your mining pcs. For anything but mining

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 07:25:01 PM

Don't use your mining pcs. For anything but mining

Why ? The mining PC, as described only mine. They store nothing valuable and if they're compromised, that's not a big deal. Just reset it or let it go, since it won't be able to do anything.
Rami84

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:45:59 PM

@philipma1957 About the rx 480 cards which one do you use the 4GB or the 8GB?
Thanks
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7867

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 10:25:31 PM

@philipma1957 About the rx 480 cards which one do you use the 4GB or the 8GB?
Thanks

Well any deal I find.  So if I find a cheap 4gb good if I find a cheap 8 gb good.

Mostly now I buy cheap rx 470 4gb.

I get some as low as 170 this,is,a cheap price.

I also found a rx 460 I may get.

Has anyone done rx460s with claymores zcash?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:15:53 PM

My 2 test rigs are 290s and 370s -- the 290s are really power hungry just like the 390s. The 370s uses very little power.

My "big rig" for ETH is a triple R9 290 rig - flashing them with a bios from "TheStilt" didn't help much on the power draw so much as it made them run a LOT cooler, while at the same time enamled them to overclock a lot for about the SAME power draw, which has helped a ton on their profitability.

I'm also picky about power supplies - not going to knock the EVGA Supernova line as I've got a couple of the 1300 G2 models and they've been solid to date, but I've had a long-standing preference for SeaSonic (especially the X-line) due to proven long-term reliability, so most of my recent rigs have been built with the X-850 or some of the "left over" X-1250 units that used to power my S5s and SP20E (2 of the X1250s ended up in A2 110Mh units).

Anti-virus isn't critical on a mining-specific rig as long as it's behind a REAL firewall (Windows-based firewalls need not apply, as Windows itself is so massively vulnerable) as you're not downloading from "unknown" sites or browsing on a mining rig.
 Just make sure to scan the initial download before the first install, then keep the scanned file on a protected machine and download it from THERE on further installations.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 12:04:28 AM

Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version v5.0:

- improved speed by about 30-50% (depends on card model). About 145H/s on stock 390X.
- improved support for Catalyst 16.x and 4xx cards.
- reduced CPU usage.

LINKS:

GOOGLE: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B69wv2iqszefdmJickl5MF9BOEE?usp=sharing
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#F!P0ZjFDjC!Cmb-ZRqlbAnNrajRtp4zvA

GET IT WHILE IT IS HOT

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: