Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:30:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253581 times)
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 01:06:51 AM

ICONOMI on Lisk goes against what was promised in the whitepaper.  They can do as they please, but mark my word: reneging on a big detail in the whitepaper after collecting >$10 mln won't go over well.  Barring a complete failure of Ethereum, it would be a huge mistake.

I'm reminded of the days when people thought Apple computers were ultra-secure because no one was hacking them.  In reality it was because Apple (at the time) simply wasn't worth a hacker's time.  There's a reason Ethereum is being targeted, a reason why it has the 2nd largest market cap by far, and a reason why major corporations like Microsoft and Santander are working with Ethereum.

The bugs will be fixed!  Everyone needs to chill out and learn some patience.

that i can believe!
look how useful the eth even for the new tokens that are popping out and while bitcoin is out of the picture, haters are also targeting eth.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BTCSpearo

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:27:48 AM

ICONOMI on Lisk goes against what was promised in the whitepaper.  They can do as they please, but mark my word: reneging on a big detail in the whitepaper after collecting >$10 mln won't go over well.  Barring a complete failure of Ethereum, it would be a huge mistake.

I'm reminded of the days when people thought Apple computers were ultra-secure because no one was hacking them.  In reality it was because Apple (at the time) simply wasn't worth a hacker's time.  There's a reason Ethereum is being targeted, a reason why it has the 2nd largest market cap by far, and a reason why major corporations like Microsoft and Santander are working with Ethereum.

Iconomi was very clear from the beginning that they reserved the right to switch to the Lisk platform should problems with the ETH network make the ETH network unfeasible. It was a big part of the reason many of us invested in Iconomi, knowing they had a back up plan should ETH go down.
josefelix

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:29:39 AM

Iconomi was very clear from the beginning that they reserved the right to switch to the Lisk platform should problems with the ETH network make the ETH network unfeasible. It was a big part of the reason many of us invested in Iconomi, knowing they had a back up plan should ETH go down.

truly honest with you , i would love better to wait for eth than to swich to lisk!

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:35:05 AM

Iconomi is doing great job on liqui!
BTCSpearo

Activity: 155

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:38:19 AM

truly honest with you , i would love better to wait for eth than to swich to lisk!

I'm in no hurry and I won't be selling any ICN on the exchanges anytime soon, but I'm not married to the ETH network and its community in the slightest and I would like the platform choice to be left to the Iconomi devs so they can choose the most stable platform on which to execute the contract. If that network is Lisk rather than ETH so be it.
SanFrancisco

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:42:50 AM

when do we get the 1 ICNX or what ever it's called to test the stuff? i added my etherum address to the ICO page in time. do i have to do anything?
MrPresident

Activity: 644

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 01:43:53 AM

ICONOMI on Lisk goes against what was promised in the whitepaper.  

The bugs will be fixed!  Everyone needs to chill out and learn some patience.
it's actually mentioned in the faq since the beginning, but the good thing here is not rushing onto a chain that is about to fork and might not fix the issue. Not to worry, there are several options and several days to get it done.  Wink
If you want to lay blame on delay, its on the ETH network and the person DDoSing,  not Iconomi... they are being very responsible by waiting and looking at other options in the meantime.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:45:59 AM

I was away from BTT today. I checked what was going on just now and I'll give a brief overview of today's happening.

First an answers to the question that kind of repeated a few times:
- option to remove eth address on ICO ICONOMI will be deployed tomorrow (Friday). I saw few questions regarding that. Till now, we were doing that manually. From now on, you'll have that option available in UI directly.

If there was anything else important I missed, please readdress, I'll check and answer when I wake up (I'm taking some sleep after hitting submit button).

We announced to have test-it ICN contract up today on mainnet. There was no way do deploy our contract. That's why, there is no test-it ICN contract yet.
This is technical explanation, therefore I would ask all google translate guys (gtgs) and trolls to refrain from commenting.

Gas limit is at 1.5m. Our contract takes ~0.8m gas. Most of blocks are empty, and rarely any block is full or half full.
Obvious question here is "what's the problem then".
As it turns out, the problem is with the ETH network attack which is done in a pretty smart way.
It doesn't cost attacker any ETH, but ti does cause network from effectively mining just a few transactions.

Miners now actually favour mining empty blocks! Funny thing, because they earn fee from mined transactions in mined block. Catch is that they don't know which transaction is which until they process particular transaction. And if they are processing attacker's transaction it can take 4-6s before they process it. That is over 1/3 of block time. Effectively in that time, another miner mining empty pool is more likely to find a block first and take 5 ETH block reward. While miner that accidentally hit on an attacker's transaction lost valuable time and most likely missed the block and full reward or fall out of sync. Ethereum does have orphan blocks, with reward 1/32 (correct me if I'm wrong). Economical logic here is to mine empty blocks or your own transactions only (because you know they are "healthy" - we saw that today too).

With that in mind, we were not able to deploy 800k gas contract onto the mainnet. We got in touch with 2 local mining teams if they could help us and we'll see if we can do something about that tomorrow.

However, even when contract is mined we'll still need to assign ICN tokens in test-it ICN contract to addresses, which might take additional time. In ideal situation that would be ~90 full blocks in a row. Unfortunately situation is not ideal at the moment.

We hope to get test-it ICN contract deployed and addresses assigned asap.
However, seems like hard fork is happening in roughly 80 hours. Release of real ICN tokens with that in mind will for sure happen after hard fork when situation calms down. Absolutely no need to risk few days for no reason. We're together on a long long journey that is just starting.

Patience is virtue.
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 01:49:02 AM

Thanks TEAM Iconomi!
No sense in having "ICN Classic" on the "ETH Classic II" chain a day after launch anyways, haha

Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:51:24 AM

when do we get the 1 ICNX or what ever it's called to test the stuff? i added my etherum address to the ICO page in time. do i have to do anything?

It's called t-ICN. t as test.

It will be up and address announced once we deploy it. Read 2 posts above for full explanation.
Frosxh

Activity: 322

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:55:41 AM

@ICONOMI is there any chance you would use different platform if ETH network don't stablised on the target date of launch? will it take another extension if you shift to another platform?

SanFrancisco

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:57:23 AM

It's called t-ICN. t as test.

It will be up and address announced once we deploy it. Read 2 posts above for full explanation.

thanks for the information. can't wait to see how this will work. i am new to crypto and never used ethereum before.
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:02:17 AM

anyone can help me out my problems ? i can't Log in to my account because not recieved Authentication code in my phone.I also to Telegram but still not response yet.

Thanks in advance Smiley
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 02:03:50 AM

anyone can help me out my problems ? i can't Log in to my account because not recieved Authentication code in my phone.I also to Telegram but still not response yet.

Thanks in advance Smiley
For Customer Support
support@iconomi.net

brjameng

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:05:53 AM

I was away from BTT today. I checked what was going on just now and I'll give a brief overview of today's happening.

- option to remove eth address on ICO ICONOMI will be deployed tomorrow (Friday). I saw few questions regarding that. Till now, we were doing that manually. From now on, you'll have that option available in UI directly.

If there was anything else important I missed, please readdress, I'll check and answer when I wake up (I'm taking some sleep after hitting submit button).

We announced to have test-it ICN contract up today on mainnet. There was no way do deploy our contract. That's why, there is no test-it ICN contract yet.
This is technical explanation, therefore I would ask all google translate guys (gtgs) and trolls to refrain from commenting.

Gas limit is at 1.5m. Our contract takes ~0.8m gas. Most of blocks are empty, and rarely any block is full or half full.
As it turns out, the problem is with the ETH network attack which is done in a pretty smart way.
It doesn't cost attacker any ETH, but ti does cause network from effectively mining just a few transactions.

Miners now actually favour mining empty blocks! Funny thing, because they earn fee from mined transactions in mined block. Catch is that they don't know which transaction is which until they process particular transaction. And if they are processing attacker's transaction it can take 4-6s before they process it. That is over 1/3 of block time. Effectively in that time, another miner mining empty pool is more likely to find a block first and take 5 ETH block reward. While miner that accidentally hit on an attacker's transaction lost valuable time and most likely missed the block and full reward or fall out of sync. Ethereum does have orphan blocks, with reward 1/32 (correct me if I'm wrong). Economical logic here is to mine empty blocks or your own transactions only (because you know they are "healthy" - we saw that today too).

With that in mind, we were not able to deploy 800k gas contract onto the mainnet. We got in touch with 2 local mining teams if they could help us and we'll see if we can do something about that tomorrow.

However, even when contract is mined we'll still need to assign ICN tokens in test-it ICN contract to addresses, which might take additional time. In ideal situation that would be ~90 full blocks in a row. Unfortunately situation is not ideal at the moment.

However, seems like hard fork is happening in roughly 80 hours. Release of real ICN tokens with that in mind will for sure happen after hard fork when situation calms down. Absolutely no need to risk few days for no reason. We're together on a long long journey that is just starting.

Patience is virtue.

can not wait Iconomi for launch
hopefully soon Sad
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:10:54 AM

Thanks in advance Smiley
For Customer Support
support@iconomi.net

Thanks you mate I'll sent a email soon Smiley

5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 04:59:23 AM

it's so ridiculous to read posts about Fundonomy ..  Angry (really bad bad copy of ICONOMI) looks like iconomy did manage to get well-known around before even start trading tokens yet,wee should admit bounty did the good job as well (except bots) Grin
becauseI

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:10:27 AM

Too bad I missed this ICO.

You can buy on www.Liqui.io

5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 05:25:57 AM

Patience is virtue.

nice to be able to remove eth address now , thanks iconomi.Got mine removed just now Cheesy
chikiuso

Activity: 248

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:27:42 AM

liqui shill, please stop, this is not real icn, it is IOU tokens, not official icn.
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: