Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:45:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253581 times)
MrPresident

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 05:56:23 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 06:56:48 AM by MrPresident

CounterParty community is minuscule comparing to Ethereum community.

I think what matters here is that they have a stable, long established chain, and a reputable team.
A token can be created there in literally seconds... not to say any of this will ever happen tho.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
kalpit

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:15:45 AM

IMHO,. Iconomi deserves its own blockcain. Why couldn't a separate blockchain interact with an ethereum smart contract? Then expand the platform's limits with DApp development. And give investors the option to choose how individual dividends are paid whether it be Lisk or Eth. Why put 3500 *+ investor's trust and value at risk (especially fiat investors) because Iconomi's success is currently dependent on Ethereum. Stratis released its own blockchain built to create private blockchains for a fraction of Iconomi's ICO investments. If others understand where I'm getting at... I think its fair to vote on a better solution such as an independent blockchain. And do this by treating every account as a delegate. Personally I would rather wait until Iconomi has the best opportunity to go public then go out on a limb with Ethers current status on work load stability. I bet we would have easily seen 21000 BTC if the DAO hack never happened...

PS: I really like the idea behind Iconomi but I'd rather get dividends in lisk.  

Right, if they have own blockchain, it will be better but if they would raise much less money. Big ico used ethereum ico hype, so I feel the market cap is overvalued now.

Yes, there are benefits of creating it's own blockchain.

But you guys probably forgot the basic aim of iconomi. They want to create an investment platform.

In case they create their own blockchain, there would be many things to be done.
It would take much time. Even after the launch they have to maintain the blockchain, check for bugs, prevent attacks, etc. By using smart contracts of ethereum, they are not getting into this hassle.
However, it doesn't matter which blockchain they use, Eth or Etc or Lisk or... But i guess, the best one at this moment is eth only. It has been under attacks, but the developers are constantly improving the blockchain.
Lisk is a newcomer. Etc isn't used by many people. So the best is eth only.

I think, if they decide to shift to other blockchain also, it would take much more time to write contract for another blockchain and then test it.
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 06:16:38 AM

just can't wait to see iconomi rocks the market on polo(hope to see it there) Smiley
5thangel

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 06:19:53 AM

Let the countdown begin...

feel like it's going to happen early then tuesday....it's already block 2455215 getting close Wink
MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:23:07 AM

ICONOMI's big day is coming...

Launch price prediction : $3 to $5 per token.

CoM1ner

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:25:58 AM

Just my thoughts:

The ICONOMI platform is best on Ethereum.

Ethereum has the 2nd largest Market Cap ($1,010,625,117)
We all know who the Ethereum leader is and able to see the dedication unlike many other altcoins
Ethereum has an amazing Dev team that is dedicated to bettering the Ethereum ecosystem
The Ethereum team has a huge amount of outside interest + capital (No need to beg for funds. Full time commitment)
Ethereum may still be in "Beta" but still well known across the Crypto community
Due to the popularity of Ethereum, it has been battle tested more than any other coin from the smartest hackers

Sure, Ethereum might not pump to BTC levels and getting paid in Eth might not bring huge profits in terms of holding Eth but it is a lot less volatile than most other coins and I know for a fact that  I don't want to hold something that is volatile.

Bitcoin is like cold hard cash. It is simple.
Ethereum is "smart" cash like online banking.

The decision to utilize Ethereum for the ICONOMI token was a carefully thought out plan and you are always welcome to ShapeShift your dividends or just sell your stake.

This was a wise choice for ICONOMI at this time. They would not be as successful in their initial funding if it weren't for the Ethereum platform and it's reputation. Where they go is another story that the future will unfold, but the choice for Ethereum was a wise one.

As for the actual performance of the ICONOMI token value, I'm thinking that it has the First Mover Advantage (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/firstmover.asp)
They were the first to bring the idea mainstream and everyone knows how well the ICO did. Their reputation will be what all other similar coins/tokens will be based on. Just like how Bitcoin had the First Mover Advantage and still holds the strongest. Future coins/tokens that serve the purpose to make more money will be second to ICONOMI.

With $10.6 million in funding for an established payment gateway (Cashila, https://www.cashila.com/), the odds of them running away with the ICO money is extremely unlikely without some serious repercussions.

This is the reason why I invested a large sum of my portfolio into the ICONOMI ICO:
The idea is genius! A token that it's only purpose is to make MORE MONEY! Most of the people in the Crypto space are in it for the future profits. From the big venture capitalists down to average Joe trying to make a quick buck to finally buy his dream Lambo.

The value of ICONOMI is not tethered to Ethereum's price. It has it's own value depending on it's performance. Currently, it sits at #24 (https://coinmarketcap.com/) for highest market cap and there are no other real competitors in that area in terms of potential for growth. ICONOMI has huge potential for climbing up the ranks quick. Give it time. Play the HODL.

And of course, can't wait to see yall at the dealership Wink

MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 06:59:17 AM

why $3 to $5?
Because it must pass 3 and 5 before passing 10?  Wink

Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
5thangel

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 07:08:27 AM

why $3 to $5?

it's very optimistic for the start, but it's good target...hope you right Wink
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:28:27 AM

Just my thoughts:

I'd agree with you. As much a I don't like with the first ether fork, for now this is the best chain to deploy on. Don't forget that powerful players (Microsoft, Santander bank and others) are interested and actively supporting it. In these early days it means a lot.
I do believe that one day in the future Iconomi tokens can and probably will be redeployed to another chain, it is not the main thing now. Now is the time to develop the platform and have the first two funds operational.

The decision to utilize Ethereum for the ICONOMI token was a carefully thought out plan and you are always welcome to ShapeShift your dividends or just sell your stake.
As for weekly dividends, again agree - what is the big deal to convert them to BTC or any other crypto/fiat/gold/silver once you receive them? Don't see any issue here

As for the actual performance of the ICONOMI token value, I'm thinking that it has the First Mover Advantage

Here is the honey, folks! Don't you get it? Donno who CoM1ner is, but he has NAILED IT on his second post. Why are you even talking about anything but this? Ether - no ether, counterparty, lisk.. It does not matter. The real money and value is not in the blockchain, but in the FUNDS. The blockchain is just a tool to provide the shares and the weekly dividends.

With $10.6 million in funding for an established payment gateway ...
The best (by far) advantage that Iconomi has - 2+ years of established and legalized payment processor in Europe is the most important advantage we, as shareholders, have from Cashila being the platform operator. Competitors will come, good and smart people can be hired (hard task, but not impossible), and capital can be raised (again not easy, but doable)
Being a trusted fiat gateway is not easy and TAKES TIME. And time is important, very important.

This is the reason why I invested a large sum of my portfolio into the ICONOMI ICO:
The idea is genius! A token that it's only purpose is to make MORE MONEY! Most of the people in the Crypto space are in it for the future profits. From the big venture capitalists down to average Joe trying to make a quick buck to finally buy his dream Lambo.
Exactly what happened with me. I started with week 1, and the more I read about it and saw how the team handles things, the more I invested. If you hold, you will have an early retirement in ~2-3 years.

It was really good post, and a very nice change from the last 50+ pages of crybabies bountyhores.

I would add some thoughts of mine, and would be glad to see your thoughts (posted on reddit, but not much activity there):

The way I see it 5 things need to take place in the next 2 years in order the token value to hit >50x:

1. Team: strong and skilled team that remains united (core team has to stay on the same page) and keeps in touch with the community - we sure have that for now!!
2. Platform: will have to be as transparent as possible, not to be compromised or hacked (big trust issues otherwise). So far no reason to think otherwise.
3. Funds (that is why we are here for Smiley performance, ICNX and new funds on the platform will have to show profits
4. Legal - Iconomi will have to get this new concept trough the legal channels - funds and dividends. Investors and shareholders cannot be legally exposed.
5. Executing the final stage: upon points 1-4 there is NO WAY that a (pardon) shitload of money won't fly into the platform. Money that does between 0 and 10 percent annually. There is  HUGE demand in the markets   
    for new areas to invest. So point 5 is all about being able to play the game in the grownups playground

A word about competitors - they will come, and when they do it will be yet another sign that we are on the right track.

BitBanksy

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:30:38 AM

Honestly, its ridiculous that people are blaming ICONOMi for what happened, to some folks, sending the coins may seem like an easy and straightforward solution, but I don't believe its the right thing to do when the dedicated blockchain is down.

Worst case scenario if ICONOMI chooses to migrate, my humble opinion is to do so with a "blockchain" that is robust and well established, i.e Counterparty which itself is built on the Bitcoin blockchain and has some of the most impressive and honest developers in the crypto community.

my two cents

Your "two cents" is a true possible solution so success; and could indeed help much in this scenario.
After a short examination of Counterparty it seems they have a great and perfect foundation for this.
I have emailed that to Jani to be sure he sees it. Thank-you.

Yes Counterparty is a viable solution when it comes to tokens and dividends. The only problem, it's on top of the Bitcoin blockchain... and a network of 4-5 transactions per second is simply doomed to disappear over time.

The only network beside Ethereum would have been Lisk but it's not yet totally ready...
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 07:44:42 AM

Just my thoughts:

Ethereum has the 2nd largest Market Cap ($1,010,625,117)
We all know who the Ethereum leader is and able to see the dedication unlike many other altcoins
Ethereum has an amazing Dev team that is dedicated to bettering the Ethereum ecosystem
The Ethereum team has a huge amount of outside interest + capital (No need to beg for funds. Full time commitment)
Ethereum may still be in "Beta" but still well known across the Crypto community
Due to the popularity of Ethereum, it has been battle tested more than any other coin from the smartest hackers

Sure, Ethereum might not pump to BTC levels and getting paid in Eth might not bring huge profits in terms of holding Eth but it is a lot less volatile than most other coins and I know for a fact that  I don't want to hold something that is volatile.

Bitcoin is like cold hard cash. It is simple.
Ethereum is "smart" cash like online banking.

This was a wise choice for ICONOMI at this time. They would not be as successful in their initial funding if it weren't for the Ethereum platform and it's reputation. Where they go is another story that the future will unfold, but the choice for Ethereum was a wise one.

As for the actual performance of the ICONOMI token value, I'm thinking that it has the First Mover Advantage (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/firstmover.asp)
They were the first to bring the idea mainstream and everyone knows how well the ICO did. Their reputation will be what all other similar coins/tokens will be based on. Just like how Bitcoin had the First Mover Advantage and still holds the strongest. Future coins/tokens that serve the purpose to make more money will be second to ICONOMI.

With $10.6 million in funding for an established payment gateway (Cashila, https://www.cashila.com/), the odds of them running away with the ICO money is extremely unlikely without some serious repercussions.

The value of ICONOMI is not tethered to Ethereum's price. It has it's own value depending on it's performance. Currently, it sits at #24 (https://coinmarketcap.com/) for highest market cap and there are no other real competitors in that area in terms of potential for growth. ICONOMI has huge potential for climbing up the ranks quick. Give it time. Play the HODL.

And of course, can't wait to see yall at the dealership Wink

To me the main important decision is safety and security of the project, if Ethereum network keeps performing like this it won't be a $1 billion dollar marketcap, because most of this valuation is based on speculation

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:31:35 AM

why $3 to $5?

It will depend if it gets a good exchange. DAO was worth $250 million, and ICN > DAO, so it should get a solid price.
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 08:35:37 AM

Honestly, its ridiculous that people are blaming ICONOMi for what happened, to some folks, sending the coins may seem like an easy and straightforward solution, but I don't believe its the right thing to do when the dedicated blockchain is down.

Worst case scenario if ICONOMI chooses to migrate, my humble opinion is to do so with a "blockchain" that is robust and well established, i.e Counterparty which itself is built on the Bitcoin blockchain and has some of the most impressive and honest developers in the crypto community.

my two cents

Your "two cents" is a true possible solution so success; and could indeed help much in this scenario.
After a short examination of Counterparty it seems they have a great and perfect foundation for this.
I have emailed that to Jani to be sure he sees it. Thank-you.

Yes Counterparty is a viable solution when it comes to tokens and dividends. The only problem, it's on top of the Bitcoin blockchain... and a network of 4-5 transactions per second is simply doomed to disappear over time.

The only network beside Ethereum would have been Lisk but it's not yet totally ready...
...imo segregated witness and the lightning network are changing all that, but yea I really hope ETH works out.
Only when "Plan A" has been fully derailed we would need any "Plan B".
I just hope the boys at ETH have their tinfoil hats on str8 this tyme!  Tongue

lombok

Activity: 854
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 08:44:16 AM

so many people dream here.lol

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CoM1ner

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:47:05 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 09:39:48 AM by CoM1ner

Here is the honey, folks! Don't you get it? Donno who CoM1ner is, but he has NAILED IT on his second post.

Just a long time lurker, trader, and small time for-fun miner Grin
A lot of the technology and nitty gritty goes over my head, but I have to thank the whole Crypto scene for the profits it has made me.
I have learned so much and truly believe in the underlying concept of blockchain technology.
Looking back, trading has really opened my eyes to the human psychology works. This factor alone has helped me in many aspects in life.

I would add some thoughts of mine, and would be glad to see your thoughts (posted on reddit, but not much activity there):

The way I see it 5 things need to take place in the next 2 years in order the token value to hit >50x:

1. Team: strong and skilled team that remains united (core team has to stay on the same page) and keeps in touch with the community - we sure have that for now!!
2. Platform: will have to be as transparent as possible, not to be compromised or hacked (big trust issues otherwise). So far no reason to think otherwise.
3. Funds (that is why we are here for Smiley performance, ICNX and new funds on the platform will have to show profits
4. Legal - Iconomi will have to get this new concept trough the legal channels - funds and dividends. Investors and shareholders cannot be legally exposed.
5. Executing the final stage: upon points 1-4 there is NO WAY that a (pardon) shitload of money won't fly into the platform. Money that does between 0 and 10 percent annually. There is  HUGE demand in the markets  
    for new areas to invest. So point 5 is all about being able to play the game in the grownups playground

A word about competitors - they will come, and when they do it will be yet another sign that we are on the right track.

ICONOMI hasn't been released yet but the mere fact that Cashila is behind it makes me very positive on the outlook. I definitely do consider the possible downside of losing money, but this concept is brilliant. I am really hoping the funds go to hiring good investors and other resources that will boost the price of the ICN tokens.

This wasn't your typical ICO where people had a vision and decided to raise funds and then figure out how to make that vision come true.
ICONOMI wants to be the first to make money off of the existing market. Cashila is willing to put their whole reputation on the line and risk losing everything if things go south.
I feel bad for mentioning this, but the DAO drove Slock.it's reputation into the ground. If Cashila is willing to risk 4 years worth of reputation (2013 inception, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cashila), then I will ride the roller coaster ride with them.
It is so refreshing to see something new compared to the whole "We have a vision and we need you to help fund us so we can try to figure out how to make it happen" ICO BS that has been going on.
I would like to throw out a disclaimer that not all ICO's are scams. Just do your research and never risk more than you can lose. My advice is to stop funding ICO's without a near complete product. You really should only raise an uncapped ICO if you are using the funds to profit the investors.
ICONOMI did a great job with capping it. Keep it scarce. Don't take more than you can handle.

My gripe on ICO's is that they really need to be more transparent. Anyone these days can post some pretty logos and and their vision and ask for money and find free spammers for bounty rewards.

If I knew how, I would create a different method of raising money. Maybe someone can get the ball rolling.
The company would say how much they need upfront (with justification), how much they need total, and how much they need at each milestone. (They could negotiate the amounts with investors)
The initial amount needed would be supplied and then the rest of the money will be divided into each milestone depending on how much they need for the each milestone.
It would be wise for the company to set as many little milestones as possible to ensure the roadmap is detailed as possible and take into consideration the costs/salaries/etc.
The final milestone will hold the excess and be the incentive for the company to finish the project.
If funding were ever to run short, it could be voted among the investors and subtracted from the excess in the final milestone.
To give the company some leverage in case the voters don't unlock the final milestone after completion, the ICO bonus' and a portion of the investor's coins could be locked in the final milestone and unable to be retrieved until the project is completed.
A "time bomb" would be put into place (1 year) if a milestone is not completed in which the rest of the unlocked funds would be returned to the investors (or released to the company if majority of the major milestones have been completed).

This would give the company an incentive to keep the investors happy by completing milestones and also the investors a reason to support the company and help at all costs to unlock the rest of their funds.

If a company can't manage their time/money to the smallest details, they do not deserve holding millions of dollars in investor's funds to chase their idea.
Afterall, the investors are the ones who are paying for them to make THEIR dream come true without any obligations and little to no risk. The risk needs to be distributed less from the investors and more to the companies.
Small ICO's really dont apply here but utilizing a structured and incentivised system is really needed right now with the amount of stillborn coins. Wasting investor's money is no joking matter.

To me the main important decision is safety and security of the project, if Ethereum network keeps performing like this it won't be a $1 billion dollar marketcap, because most of this valuation is based on speculation

You are right. In Ethereum's current stage, it is still early but there aren't many good alternatives in terms of a robust team.
Everything is a speculation. One year water bottles are a great cheap store of water. The next year, BPA's are all the panic. Switch over to BPA-free bottles and then the next year BPS (Bisphenol S) bottles are found to be just as bad.

Judging Ethereum, it has many hiccups, but the important thing is that the team isn't short on money, can dedicate their full time on improving Ethereum (Highly resilient), and they have a larger amount of interest from big names outside of the tiny Crypto world than any other altcoin.

It will be a roller coaster ride for sure, but thinking in the big picture, Ethereum doesn't look so bad. Its all about the potential and the product/tools on hand.

I imagine Ethereum like an engineer with lots of money, experience, and a great drive to try to make what they want to happen exactly how they want it to.
As much as I hate to say it, Bitcoin's biggest rival is working hard. I'm not taking sides but things could get pretty interesting in the next decade. I'm definitely excited to watch it unfold.
http://www.kissfromitaly.com/en/blog/how-the-ferrari-lamborghini-rivalry-began

PS: I think this is why all you Crypto kids unknowingly want to buy a Lamborghini  Cheesy
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:50:57 AM

The big day will come, and the market will show us the true power behind this project!

Lets see what happen after dumpers fill up my buy orders!

Smiley

cabsav
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1150

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:09:38 AM

i think to many dreamers here. 3 to $5 would be more than great but im more than ok to sell $1.even its great price. hopefully it opens over ico price.
rusmana62

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 09:42:49 AM

why $3 to $5?

Optimism in the extreme  Cool
And hope does not delay again  Grin Grin

Offical Veritaseum Exchange - VERI-ETH and VERI-BTC
https://verishift.com
stratisage

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 09:44:40 AM

why $3 to $5?

Optimism in the extreme  Cool
And hope does not delay again  Grin Grin

Hope is free of charge all the way. Grin

colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:49:27 AM

Exactly what happened with me. I started with week 1, and the more I read about it and saw how the team handles things, the more I invested. If you hold, you will have an early retirement in ~2-3 years.

Retirement is 2-3 years.. Maybe in our dreams, but we cannot deny that it has some potential.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: