Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:43:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rapazev

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:19:07 PM

i like the camel...  Cry
anyway, i agree with the rebrand, unfortunatelly the name cant be linked to silkroad so lets move on with this. i pretty sure the team will brings us something as good as the camel.
HasherMe

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:46:35 PM

Is the focus of the coin going to change or is it just a name change?  Either way, I am for the name change.  Buying more silk right now.  Glad to see you are not afraid of change.
SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 06:38:30 PM

Is the focus of the coin going to change or is it just a name change?  Either way, I am for the name change.  Buying more silk right now.  Glad to see you are not afraid of change.

The entire focus and direction in terms of the business carried out by the team and company behind the the two blockchains will change, yes.

Name change, logo change, company name change and domain/website changes.

Team remains, community remains, no hard fork for the coins and markets remain.
HasherMe

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 06:47:53 PM

Is the focus of the coin going to change or is it just a name change?  Either way, I am for the name change.  Buying more silk right now.  Glad to see you are not afraid of change.

The entire focus and direction in terms of the business carried out by the team and company behind the the two blockchains will change, yes.

Name change, logo change, company name change and domain/website changes.

Team remains, community remains, no hard fork for the coins and markets remain.

Even better  Smiley  Can't wait for more details... 
righteousfire

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:22:57 PM

Hi and thanks for the help. I downloaded the .conf file from the link you provided and deleted my existing one and replaced it with the one you provided but still have majority of my coins stuck in "Staking" and nothing I try can get them into spendable. I changed the reserved amount to the amount stuck and it made no difference either and I tried the reserve amount at 0000 and still stuck. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks very much for your help. I found my .conf file but I have no idea how to change it? when I click it, it comes up with windows cant read this file. I also dont know how to create a text file. Any help would be appreciated.

Updated the Silkcoin folder up to block 1758147 for easy sync

Silkcoin Folder Update

http://i65.tinypic.com/2zrp3eo.jpg
This is the old Silkcoin blockchain
not the new SLK blockchain
DON'T MIX THEM UP

http://i65.tinypic.com/2yklzj9.jpghttp://i65.tinypic.com/2yklzj9.jpghttp://i65.tinypic.com/2yklzj9.jpghttp://i65.tinypic.com/2yklzj9.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpg
How to use instructions at the end of this post

Also added separately silkcoin.conf
download just that if you're synced and put it in your Silkcoin folder
it contains staking=0 line as well cause it's no point in staking the old coin anyway

Set your reserve amount to all 9's (999999999)  that's the amount you are telling the wallet to KEEP from staking.  Not sure if if will help release the coins in staking but it may.

Just thought of something else you can try if nothing else works.  You could try exporting the private keys from your current wallet and the importing them into a new wallet.  I’ve done that for many other coin wallets in the past which had gotten screwed up.  To do it;

With you current wallet running and unlocked, go to Actions -> Debug, then select the Console tab.

For each of your addresses, enter
dumpprivkey <silkcoin address>

Copy and paste each of the keys it responds with to notepad
Save the file when you have dumped all your addresses, but leave it open.

Exit (close) the wallet
Go to your Slikcoin data directory
Rename the existing wallet.dat file to something like orig_wallet.dat (so you have a copy)

Restart the SilkCoin wallet (it will create a new wallet)
When it shows it is synced, go back to the console (Actions -> Debug, then select the Console tab)

Now using the list of keys you saved in the notepad file, ether the following command for each private key you have;

importprivkey <private key from list> “you can include a label in quotes if you want”

I'm posting this during my commute to the day job so the commands are from memory, I think I got them right, but if anyone sees an error, please chime in with the correction

Well I am at a complete loss. I have been at this crap for days now and my coins are still stuck in staking and I cannot move them. Where do we go from here.
1qaz

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:06:38 PM

"righteousfire"

its feature for mining new coins  Grin Grin Grin
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 09:24:56 PM

In what ways?

The wording of that poll is so skewed that you may as well not bother with it by the way. With you on the rebrand though.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:58:15 PM

Please explain why the direction would need to change due to a rebrand?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 10:14:19 PM

The rebranding has to happen because of the direction change. Not the other way around.

If we want to exist and evolve in the business world and forge partnerships, then the branding and name has to change.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:17:58 AM

The rebranding has to happen because of the direction change. Not the other way around.

If we want to exist and evolve in the business world and forge partnerships, then the branding and name has to change.

OK well that makes a bit more sense.

Ive voted yes to a rebrand although ill seriously miss the original silk name and the camel etc.
It would be a shame to see us loose big partnerships for the sake of a name.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Peterjohn42

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:32:34 AM

OK well that makes a bit more sense.

Ive voted yes to a rebrand although ill seriously miss the original silk name and the camel etc.

Which big partnerships are at risk?
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 12:34:17 AM

Everything will be announced in due time.
Peterjohn42

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:40:58 AM

Well there is a poll so to decide would need to know the reason for the name change.  Is it Microsoft azure? I hear that I'd big for coins and Microsoft doesn't like drugs like this coin currently is promoting.
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 12:51:24 AM

Well there is a poll so to decide would need to know the reason for the name change.  Is it Microsoft azure? I hear that I'd big for coins and Microsoft doesn't like drugs like this coin currently is promoting.

The reasons are stated above the poll as to why we are rebranding.

Microsoft Partnerships for Azure is minor and something we already have in the works, this is just a bit of code and some communication.

We never promoted drugs, so I am unsure why you have stated that.....

ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:52:12 AM

Well there is a poll so to decide would need to know the reason for the name change.  Is it Microsoft azure? I hear that I'd big for coins and Microsoft doesn't like drugs like this coin currently is promoting.
And how did you come up with the "promoting" thing
I assume that you think that all Mary's are Virgin Mary as well just because of their name
Sorry for being an as...hole here

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
ttoroie

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:02:10 AM

I've voted yes to a rebrand although I'll seriously miss the original silk name and the camel etc.

Voted yes as well and I'll miss those too
But I'm backing up this team 100% because of their spirit and goodwill

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:02:42 AM

Hi and thanks for the help. I downloaded the .conf file from the link you provided and deleted my existing one and replaced it with the one you provided but still have majority of my coins stuck in "Staking" and nothing I try can get them into spendable. I changed the reserved amount to the amount stuck and it made no difference either and I tried the reserve amount at 0000 and still stuck. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks very much for your help. I found my .conf file but I have no idea how to change it? when I click it, it comes up with windows cant read this file. I also dont know how to create a text file. Any help would be appreciated.

Updated the Silkcoin folder up to block 1758147 for easy sync

Silkcoin Folder Update

This is the old Silkcoin blockchain
not the new SLK blockchain
DON'T MIX THEM UP

How to use instructions at the end of this post

Also added separately silkcoin.conf
download just that if you're synced and put it in your Silkcoin folder
it contains staking=0 line as well cause it's no point in staking the old coin anyway

Set your reserve amount to all 9's (999999999)  that's the amount you are telling the wallet to KEEP from staking.  Not sure if if will help release the coins in staking but it may.

Just thought of something else you can try if nothing else works.  You could try exporting the private keys from your current wallet and the importing them into a new wallet.  I’ve done that for many other coin wallets in the past which had gotten screwed up.  To do it;

With you current wallet running and unlocked, go to Actions -> Debug, then select the Console tab.

For each of your addresses, enter
dumpprivkey <silkcoin address>

Copy and paste each of the keys it responds with to notepad
Save the file when you have dumped all your addresses, but leave it open.

Exit (close) the wallet
Go to your Slikcoin data directory
Rename the existing wallet.dat file to something like orig_wallet.dat (so you have a copy)

Restart the SilkCoin wallet (it will create a new wallet)
When it shows it is synced, go back to the console (Actions -> Debug, then select the Console tab)

Now using the list of keys you saved in the notepad file, ether the following command for each private key you have;

importprivkey <private key from list> “you can include a label in quotes if you want”

I'm posting this during my commute to the day job so the commands are from memory, I think I got them right, but if anyone sees an error, please chime in with the correction

Well I am at a complete loss. I have been at this crap for days now and my coins are still stuck in staking and I cannot move them. Where do we go from here.

What does your silk.conf file look like (without the rpcuser/rpcpassword)?  You should add these lines:
staking=0
stakegen=0
reservebalance=100000000

If that doesn't work, please send me a PM.

ttoroie

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:26:34 AM

You should add these lines:
staking=0
stakegen=0
reservebalance=100000000

Updated the silkcoin.conf file as well
Thanks

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:55:43 AM

You should add these lines:
staking=0
stakegen=0
reservebalance=100000000

Updated the silkcoin.conf file as well
Thanks

How do i get my silk from the old chain to weaver? I sent a small test transaction before i moved it all, and the test trans got lost.
ttoroie

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:14:02 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 05:51:40 AM by ttoroie

How do i get my silk from the old chain to weaver? I sent a small test transaction before i moved it all, and the test trans got lost.

It's not lost
All transactions are done manually by Mathew for safety reasons

If Silkcoins are picked up on the blockchain, then this means that they've arrived safely. The push to the Silk Network site is still a manual process, it will be visible once Matthew makes the push. A little bit of patience is necessary Smiley

I assume by
silk from the old chain
you meant silkcoin (yeah I know it's a bit confusing)
and what happened with the rest of the coins you moved?

PS: What happened Bitcoinasourus?

You were lost for a while Smiley

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: