Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:55:25 PM

Komodo: A Fresh Look On An Older Blockchain, By CryptoCoinHome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 02:18:42 PM

I was able to repurpose the notary tx creation almost entirely and now we have a dpow ratified API call!

curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7776" --data "{\"agent\":\"dpow\",\"method\":\"ratify\",\"minsigs\":2,\"timestamp\":1476711523,\"ratified\":[{\"handle\":\"testA\",\"pubkey\":\"03b7621b44118017a16043f19b30cc8a4cfe068ac4e42417bae16ba460c80f3828\"}, {\"handle\":\"testB\",\"pubkey\":\"02ebfc784a4ba768aad88d44d1045d240d47b26e248cafaf1c5169a42d7a61d344\"}]}"

With the above curl issued on two nodes, it automatically generated the following pair of transactions:

http://148.251.57.148:3001/tx/9e87060002b83a292a124576059df6ab06744ccea2905bd34d96fed9e4a92684

https://blockr.io/tx/info/4e70f6bd8da799062c71790f3f0bd5d6bc72aa9d0faf078020da8e4cb5f73943

The convention is that the crypto777 address is the initial address and each ratified pubkey gets an output. This way, only the crypto777 address needs to be monitored to update the state for active notaries and notarized height.

Now the iguana notary dapp has been enhanced to be able to issue election ratification tx, I think it pretty much goes into maintenance mode. Next up are the half dozen komodod items

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 02:25:38 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 02:36:58 PM by altcoinrich

Hey James,  
maybe you can give us a statement to thefollowing.

There are dozends of projects and icos from you. jl777, nxtventure, supernet, etc etc

Almost none of your projects is anywhere near finished. The recent project Iguana is not finished.

Now you start the next project and the next ico.

Looks like there is some systematic behind this.

So maybe you can tell us, if you will ever finish a project?
While I have done many projects, I think "dozens" is an exaggeration. Similarily your statement about no projects finished is a bit harsh.

jl777hodl is a holding fund for various crypto projects. As such it has been finished for years. It was the first asset that started trading and made history, this was something like 2 years ago. I would consider this finished.

MGW is multigateway.com and that also has been finished and in service for over a year. Since it is working and being used for over a year, I would consider that finished.

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

SuperNET is a hybrid holding vehicle and technology incubator. At least that is one way to look at it. http://www.supernet.org/nav.php shows its current holdings and despite being hit by a 75% reduction in its NAV the first year (mostly due to NXT price decline and my not actively trading), the NAV has more than doubled to within striking distance of the original. This is achieved while paying for all the costs to run SuperNET out of the investment gains. Now what other project self-funds from investment gains that it makes?

I have issued more than a dozen proxy assets, such as mgwBTC and superBTC. These asset's function is to represent 1:1 the BTC to allow using the NXT AE to trade them via blockchain. I did this 2 years ago and I am pretty sure it was the first tokenDEX that allowed trading of crypto against crypto. This is 2 years ago, when just now we finally see other solutions of this kind appearing. I would consider these assets completed.

Iguana is a bitcoin daemon and wallet that can sync the entire BTC blockchain from scratch in 2 hours. It also can sync over a dozen other coins, all from a self-contained codebase that I wrote from scratch. Its codesize is about 3MB and it has been ported from unix to osx, win32, win64, android and chrome app. docs.supernet.org documents its API bindings and it is now in the final stages of debug and will be used as a component within komodo. I have seen some GUI that is looking pretty good and for basic wallet function and parallel sync it appears to be working, though I do the core level code and not the GUI so I cant speak for it in detail.

Is iguana completed? Not quite, but it is very close and I suggest you take a look at it. The source code has been open and available during the development process at https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET and you can see that I have been quite busy over the years. docs.supernet.org documents the API

crypto777: this is an ongoing technology revenue asset and as soon as project start generating revenues, it will too. It basically represents revenues from the technology that I do that doesnt already have an asset to encapsulate its revenues. In some sense it is done, just that the revenue streams are flowing yet. Maybe this is in an in-between state, but there was no ICO per se for this, so not sure if you have an issue with it.

Now to the real unfinished projects list, however please note that there was NO ICO for these and it was funded by small number of private investors, so I dont think it is fair for you to criticize them as an incomplete ICO, as they were not even ICO:

InstantDEX: easyDEX is in last stages of coding/debugging and is part of the overall solution of loosely coupled blockchains using atomic swaps. The full InstantDEX was mostly working last year(!) however due to disappearance of GUI dev combine with NXT increasing txfees dramatically while reducing the available space to store data, made an InstantDEX built on NXT uneconomic. Should InstantDEX have been finished by now? Yes. I made a mistake of building the InstantDEX on top of NXT, which is a platform that I had no voice in and when everything was changed and made it so a few of my projects became unviable, my protests were met with a "you should have known better". OK, so lesson learned and now I know better, I wrote iguana from scratch so its entirety I am in control. Never again will I be at the mercy of arbitrary changes that break backward compatibility and the fundamental economic model of a service I built on top of it.

Pangea: this is a decentralized poker service that is in a holding pattern now due to the retooling required to switch from a NXT based service to iguana based.

Tradebots/NXTcoinsco: part of this is in the process of being completed within the easyDEX framework, but again the shift from NXT based to iguana based was a delay factor.

NXTprivacy: this is mostly a deprecated asset due to my shift from NXT to iguana, but I do have a plan to infuse some life to it after the dust settles from the other projects. In any case it never did any ICO and didnt even do much of secondary trading on NXT AE, so its priority has been low.

Do you want me to list the projects that I didnt even raise funds from private investors and are just various technology projects that I have percolating? Not sure why you would have any complaints if I have a lot of projects in the research phase that I have not raised funds for.

I proposed an Asset Passport system, which is a way to protect asset issuer and holders by allowing them to migrate from chain to chain. This was actually the genesis of dPoW which evolved from the need to secure weak PoS chains. I never raised any funds for this.

I have proposed Teleport, Telepathy and PAX within the BTCD context, but I did not do any ICO to raise funds to develop this. Teleport at a high level is similar to zcash, in that there is a blackbox of bits representing the transaction, but the math behind the zero knowledge proofs is a step above anything else and I always want to use the best tech solution for my systems, even if it means replacing something I made. Telepathy is a network level privacy "mixer" and this will work on top of the komodo, of course it needs for komodo to be finalized and also its urgency is much less due to the strength of zcash tech. PAX has been coded to alpha level, but as an unfunded project has been back burnered and also waits for the full transition to iguana. Is it is disappointing that these things have not been completed yet? Sure, but I am just one guy coding away most days and many have advised me to get more help at the core level. The issue is I cant find any other C coders at my level who will work for anything less than a lot of money.

I am also providing free consulting for many projects, they just have to ask and I try to help as I can, which is usually with some technical ideas. I am not the one actually doing these projects though, so I hope you do not hold me responsible for any delivery status of all the projects I have helped with my advice.

I understand if you see all these projects and there isnt the level of success you want to see. After all if it was all finished and a big success I wouldnt have to be working these 14 hour days 28 days a month, continuously.

However, the perception that I never finish everything is not correct. The perception that I do dozens of ICOs and just spend all the money and ask for more, is not correct.

I have done exactly one ICO outside of the NXT assets, and that is SuperNET. Its charter for use of funds is primarily to make investments and I have been funding operations from the profits, while growing the NAV from a low of .002 to its current .006 level.

If you can name any other ICO I conducted where funds were raised and I havent delivered anything, I am curious to know what it is. As you can see I am not limited in the number of ideas, nor do I feel their quality is low. What I need is more resources. I had hoped to get at least half a dozen volunteers to work on the core C projects, but alas, there were none.

With komodo there is the possibility of creating not only the first dPoW implementation, but also to fund all of the pending projects that are in slow motion due to my only having 16 hours per day to work and I am slacking off this year by working only 14 hours per day.

James

I appreciate your work, just wonder how much money you have raised from so many projects? People's pockets are finished, you earned big but most of your coins/assets are dead. Also, this komodo may be the same result. But I still wish your good luck   Grin
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 02:46:49 PM

Hey James,  
maybe you can give us a statement to thefollowing.

There are dozends of projects and icos from you. jl777, nxtventure, supernet, etc etc

Almost none of your projects is anywhere near finished. The recent project Iguana is not finished.

Now you start the next project and the next ico.

Looks like there is some systematic behind this.

So maybe you can tell us, if you will ever finish a project?
While I have done many projects, I think "dozens" is an exaggeration. Similarily your statement about no projects finished is a bit harsh.

jl777hodl is a holding fund for various crypto projects. As such it has been finished for years. It was the first asset that started trading and made history, this was something like 2 years ago. I would consider this finished.

MGW is multigateway.com and that also has been finished and in service for over a year. Since it is working and being used for over a year, I would consider that finished.

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

SuperNET is a hybrid holding vehicle and technology incubator. At least that is one way to look at it. http://www.supernet.org/nav.php shows its current holdings and despite being hit by a 75% reduction in its NAV the first year (mostly due to NXT price decline and my not actively trading), the NAV has more than doubled to within striking distance of the original. This is achieved while paying for all the costs to run SuperNET out of the investment gains. Now what other project self-funds from investment gains that it makes?

I have issued more than a dozen proxy assets, such as mgwBTC and superBTC. These asset's function is to represent 1:1 the BTC to allow using the NXT AE to trade them via blockchain. I did this 2 years ago and I am pretty sure it was the first tokenDEX that allowed trading of crypto against crypto. This is 2 years ago, when just now we finally see other solutions of this kind appearing. I would consider these assets completed.

Iguana is a bitcoin daemon and wallet that can sync the entire BTC blockchain from scratch in 2 hours. It also can sync over a dozen other coins, all from a self-contained codebase that I wrote from scratch. Its codesize is about 3MB and it has been ported from unix to osx, win32, win64, android and chrome app. docs.supernet.org documents its API bindings and it is now in the final stages of debug and will be used as a component within komodo. I have seen some GUI that is looking pretty good and for basic wallet function and parallel sync it appears to be working, though I do the core level code and not the GUI so I cant speak for it in detail.

Is iguana completed? Not quite, but it is very close and I suggest you take a look at it. The source code has been open and available during the development process at https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET and you can see that I have been quite busy over the years. docs.supernet.org documents the API

crypto777: this is an ongoing technology revenue asset and as soon as project start generating revenues, it will too. It basically represents revenues from the technology that I do that doesnt already have an asset to encapsulate its revenues. In some sense it is done, just that the revenue streams are flowing yet. Maybe this is in an in-between state, but there was no ICO per se for this, so not sure if you have an issue with it.

Now to the real unfinished projects list, however please note that there was NO ICO for these and it was funded by small number of private investors, so I dont think it is fair for you to criticize them as an incomplete ICO, as they were not even ICO:

InstantDEX: easyDEX is in last stages of coding/debugging and is part of the overall solution of loosely coupled blockchains using atomic swaps. The full InstantDEX was mostly working last year(!) however due to disappearance of GUI dev combine with NXT increasing txfees dramatically while reducing the available space to store data, made an InstantDEX built on NXT uneconomic. Should InstantDEX have been finished by now? Yes. I made a mistake of building the InstantDEX on top of NXT, which is a platform that I had no voice in and when everything was changed and made it so a few of my projects became unviable, my protests were met with a "you should have known better". OK, so lesson learned and now I know better, I wrote iguana from scratch so its entirety I am in control. Never again will I be at the mercy of arbitrary changes that break backward compatibility and the fundamental economic model of a service I built on top of it.

Pangea: this is a decentralized poker service that is in a holding pattern now due to the retooling required to switch from a NXT based service to iguana based.

Tradebots/NXTcoinsco: part of this is in the process of being completed within the easyDEX framework, but again the shift from NXT based to iguana based was a delay factor.

NXTprivacy: this is mostly a deprecated asset due to my shift from NXT to iguana, but I do have a plan to infuse some life to it after the dust settles from the other projects. In any case it never did any ICO and didnt even do much of secondary trading on NXT AE, so its priority has been low.

Do you want me to list the projects that I didnt even raise funds from private investors and are just various technology projects that I have percolating? Not sure why you would have any complaints if I have a lot of projects in the research phase that I have not raised funds for.

I proposed an Asset Passport system, which is a way to protect asset issuer and holders by allowing them to migrate from chain to chain. This was actually the genesis of dPoW which evolved from the need to secure weak PoS chains. I never raised any funds for this.

I have proposed Teleport, Telepathy and PAX within the BTCD context, but I did not do any ICO to raise funds to develop this. Teleport at a high level is similar to zcash, in that there is a blackbox of bits representing the transaction, but the math behind the zero knowledge proofs is a step above anything else and I always want to use the best tech solution for my systems, even if it means replacing something I made. Telepathy is a network level privacy "mixer" and this will work on top of the komodo, of course it needs for komodo to be finalized and also its urgency is much less due to the strength of zcash tech. PAX has been coded to alpha level, but as an unfunded project has been back burnered and also waits for the full transition to iguana. Is it is disappointing that these things have not been completed yet? Sure, but I am just one guy coding away most days and many have advised me to get more help at the core level. The issue is I cant find any other C coders at my level who will work for anything less than a lot of money.

I am also providing free consulting for many projects, they just have to ask and I try to help as I can, which is usually with some technical ideas. I am not the one actually doing these projects though, so I hope you do not hold me responsible for any delivery status of all the projects I have helped with my advice.

I understand if you see all these projects and there isnt the level of success you want to see. After all if it was all finished and a big success I wouldnt have to be working these 14 hour days 28 days a month, continuously.

However, the perception that I never finish everything is not correct. The perception that I do dozens of ICOs and just spend all the money and ask for more, is not correct.

I have done exactly one ICO outside of the NXT assets, and that is SuperNET. Its charter for use of funds is primarily to make investments and I have been funding operations from the profits, while growing the NAV from a low of .002 to its current .006 level.

If you can name any other ICO I conducted where funds were raised and I havent delivered anything, I am curious to know what it is. As you can see I am not limited in the number of ideas, nor do I feel their quality is low. What I need is more resources. I had hoped to get at least half a dozen volunteers to work on the core C projects, but alas, there were none.

With komodo there is the possibility of creating not only the first dPoW implementation, but also to fund all of the pending projects that are in slow motion due to my only having 16 hours per day to work and I am slacking off this year by working only 14 hours per day.

James

I just wonder how much money you have raised from so many projects? People's pockets are finished, you earned big but those coins/assets are dead. Also, this komodo will be the same result, delist from exchange, never trading higher than ico price.
Did you even read my response? Most of the assets are either MGW assets that are issued when the corresponding crypto is deposited, or were given out for free in a sharedrop. Now since you think I make so much money, please tell me how I make money from MGW assets or doing sharedrops.

SuperNET is the only ICO I have done prior to KMD.

There were some private placements done for InstantDEX and NXTcoinsco. The total I have raised from all the NXT assets is around 5 million NXT, worth approx couple hundred BTC.

Just the JLH asset has a value in excess of the total raised with its 200 siafunds. I gave away a lot of JLH and didnt gain much from selling it and I added various other assets along the way.

Maybe you confuse what other people sold my assets for on the open market after they received it as a sharedrop. Now please tell me how much I get when somebody who gets a sharedrop for free sells it to someone else.

As far as what NXT has done to itself, that has happened in spite of my big complainings about it. It is certainly not my responsibility that NXT decided to boost txfees for permanent tx 10-fold and to split the coin into two or three and not allow assets to be based on the new coin. To protect people with my assets, I am making assetchains. Total I have raised for assetchains? zero.

Maybe you want to use facts to support your position that I have conducted so many ICO? Then again, if you used the facts, you wouldnt be able to claim that, so I guess it makes sense that you just make stuff up.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 02:48:14 PM

also if iguana isnt done, then how is it possible that I create an iguana notary dapp that is working?

biggzi

Activity: 543
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:04:13 PM

I invested into BTCD as my way into this ICO. I hope I didnt shoot myself in the foot regarding bonuses  Undecided
cyrixcer

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:07:23 PM

BTCD has 50% bonus? Am I correct? So 1 btcd invested in kmd is 1.5X. It looks profitable to invest with btcd instead of btc.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg16115491#msg16115491
oryeger

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:16:49 PM

BTCD has 50% bonus? Am I correct? So 1 btcd invested in kmd is 1.5X. It looks profitable to invest with btcd instead of btc.

it was 50% on the BTCD price around august. so it's not comparable to the BTC bonus.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 03:17:27 PM

The following is the remaining todo list:

// a) detection of special transactions to update list of current notaries
// b) updating latest notarized height based on the notarized tx data
// c) prevent overwriting blocks below notarized height
// d) award 5% APR for utxo older than a week when they are spent
// e) round robin mining difficulty

Just coded c) and getting feedback from BU devs.

Next up is a) and b) which when completed will complete the non-mining aspects of dPoW.

Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:17:38 PM

what is the bonus for komodo ICO for now? i only receive 20% extra. does anyone have this problem?

Yes, don't worry, we will manually change it to 25 % later today.

There still is 2 hours 40 minutes left, then the bonus will drop to 20 %

Thanks for clarifying, I was worrying for a moment.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:42:39 PM

Where can I see how much BTCD and BTC are still collected at the moment?
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:50:55 PM

BTC here: https://blockchain.info/address/35Rwwc9e2Mj7smFXJ1iXF826cMW3tqfz6x
BTCD cannot yet be swapped.
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:51:27 PM

When does the swap begin?

The swapping process will take place two weeks after the ICO ends. The BTCD coins can be swapped over the course of one full year.

Source : https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

for BTC you can check here  : https://blockchain.info/address/35Rwwc9e2Mj7smFXJ1iXF826cMW3tqfz6x Wink
flyer88

Activity: 1177

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 03:53:43 PM

Are the pre-ICO Investors included on that page? If not, how much was raised?
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:17:22 PM

Komodo Dev Blog: A Working API Call for Notary Tx Creation.

Tradingriver

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:23:54 PM

sry to say that, but for me registration is still not working! tried it on different machines and different browsers.

good luck, i will try to catch some on the exchanges.
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:24:58 PM

sry to say that, but for me registration is still not working! tried it on different machines and different browsers.

good luck, i will try to catch some on the exchanges.
you have check this? Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg16581798#msg16581798
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 04:25:38 PM

Here's a more precise timetable for our ICO

20 % bonus ends on October 23rd, 3PM UTC

15 % bonus ends on October 30th, 3PM UTC

10 % bonus ends on November 6th, 3PM UTC

5 % bonus ends on November 13th, 3PM UTC

ICO ends on November 20th, 3PM UTC

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 04:30:09 PM

Are the pre-ICO Investors included on that page? If not, how much was raised?
500 BTC pre-ICO is included

CryptoMrM

Activity: 722

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:35:07 PM

it was 50% on the BTCD price around august. so it's not comparable to the BTC bonus.

Wrong. It also gets the averaged BTC bonus % added as-well. That includes the 'whale' bonuses of 30-35%.

Yes investing with BTCD is the the better option. By the end of the ico investing with BTCD will likely = 0.00532 (fixed rate) + 15% (just an estimate of average bonus %) = 0.006118 BTC. With other benefits on top like a Poloniex listing, revenue asset etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: