Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:23:25 AM

I've chatted with kaicrypzen via byteball and sent him a payment request.
The appearance in the chat view could be improved, it looks like this:

On his end (the first, short line) it looks quite good, but on my end it looks kind of garbled.
IMO it would be good to add some descriptive text like "click on this to pay".

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 09:35:14 AM

I've chatted with kaicrypzen via byteball and sent him a payment request.
The appearance in the chat view could be improved, it looks like this:

On his end (the first, short line) it looks quite good, but on my end it looks kind of garbled.
IMO it would be good to add some descriptive text like "click on this to pay".

On his (receiver) end it is a link, it's clickable.
On your (requestor) end you see the source code of the payment request link, I agree we might show only the human readable text instead, but it shouldn't be clickable.

Simplicity is beauty
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 03:36:43 PM

I started a new thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1617816.0 to discuss the smart contract language used in Byteball.

Unlike most other smart contract languages, the one we use is declarative, which allows it to very clearly communicate the intent of the author.  Although it is not as powerful as Ethereum's Solidity, the clarity of the language ensures that the contract operates as expected, and something like TheDAO disaster becomes almost impossible.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/776440221122433024

Simplicity is beauty
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 04:45:07 PM

Rtd!! Wink
btcmerich

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:41:42 PM

sorry can some one explain.this sounds great but if transactions are not stored on blockchain , does that mean both sender and reciever need to be online at the same time???

They don't need that.  Private information is delivered through a hub, which stores it while the recipient is offline (similar to email).  The information is end-to-end encrypted, so even the hub can't see it.

thank you for making it clear for me. It is all writen in Javascript. Do you not see problems with security?

tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 06:04:37 PM

sorry can some one explain.this sounds great but if transactions are not stored on blockchain , does that mean both sender and reciever need to be online at the same time???

They don't need that.  Private information is delivered through a hub, which stores it while the recipient is offline (similar to email).  The information is end-to-end encrypted, so even the hub can't see it.

thank you for making it clear for me. It is all writen in Javascript. Do you not see problems with security?

I would say rather the opposite.  One common source of mistakes is manual memory management.  In Javascript, developers don't have to care about that, therefore the risks are reduced.

Simplicity is beauty
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:25:09 PM

They don't need that.  Private information is delivered through a hub, which stores it while the recipient is offline (similar to email).  The information is end-to-end encrypted, so even the hub can't see it.

I would say rather the opposite.  One common source of mistakes is manual memory management.  In Javascript, developers don't have to care about that, therefore the risks are reduced.

You can write good and bad javascript code as well as you can write good or bad java or C++ code. Security problems can appear easier in javascript because of lack of typing, that is true, but it doesn't necessarily have to. Also there are ways to help out.
Anyway. I appreciate your effort by any means tonych.
Nevertheless I somehow get irked of the core "folder structure" or if I see this:

Code:
        });
});
});
});
});
});

You should tidy, if you want to work in a bigger team.
As a long time Javascript freelancer I can offer a little help, but sadly I don't have enough time to really help as part of the team.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:55:49 PM

ANN translated to german: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1618037.0

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:18:20 AM

I've noticed that the chat history is deleted when I restart the wallet.
I suggest to store the history locally, you can add a delete button to clear it.

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:42:00 AM

I suggest to store the history locally, you can add a delete button to clear it.

Yes, I agree.  Or, for simplicity of display, show the last 10 messages and have a History section, sorted by date in Descending order.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 03:46:11 PM

Yes, I agree.  Or, for simplicity of display, show the last 10 messages and have a History section, sorted by date in Descending order.

Well, it was not designed as chat app but is probably becoming that.
Before we implement local storage of chat history, the auto-deleting history is a privacy feature.

Simplicity is beauty
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 04:26:59 PM

New version 0.3.1 released for Android, it fixes crashes when receiving blackbytes.
The new version is already in Google Play, please update if you don't have auto-updates.

Desktop clients were not affected by these bugs, you don't need to upgrade them.

Simplicity is beauty
Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:59:12 PM

French thread created here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1618787.msg16269358#msg16269358

If someone want to translate the english ANN into French i will edit the op.

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:27:46 PM

I really like the concept behind this new algorithm and actually there will be no any blocks so no block size issue word. As well as releasing tokens as sidechain on Byteball mainchain. However i will wait to initial distribution, did i have to be tester to be able to receive byte when distributed or what about those linking our bitcoin to bytecoin addresses?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:02:37 PM

I really like the concept behind this new algorithm and actually there will be no any blocks so no block size issue word. As well as releasing tokens as sidechain on Byteball mainchain. However i will wait to initial distribution, did i have to be tester to be able to receive byte when distributed or what about those linking our bitcoin to bytecoin addresses?

No, you don't need to be a tester to receive Bytes and Blackbytes through the initial distribution but you can help finding bugs and suggest improvements!  Cheesy

The process of linking your bitcoin address for the distribution will be explained later in detail. The distribution is projected for late october/november this year, depending on the work load of the development.

davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:17:54 PM

i have some problem to sync the wallet! did works fine tille 2 days ago!
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:49:08 PM

I actually tried pairing two of my devices by adding the pairing code from one to the other but this doesn't seem to be enough (I chatted from one device to another but never received messages), maybe I need to perform the operation on both devices? or maybe both must be online?
It is enough.  If the devices are listed in each other's list of paired devices, they should be able to chat.

This worked well when I paired both my phone and my desktop, however pairing two of my desktop apps didn't work. I copied the pairing code from device1 and emailed it to myself, I then added it as a new device on device2, however, device1 appears with the name New (in device2's list of paired devices), whereas it should've been the name device1 was configured with.

- When writing a very long number the digits overlap on bytes.
That's a really long number, are you a whale? Smiley

Not yet Wink

- I tried sending very large numbers and it resulted in sending 1 or 2 bytes.
Thank you for spotting, will investigate.

Do you need the amounts?

After pairing my phone with my desktop, I requested a payment from the phone, when I clicked to execute the payment from my desktop, my phone displayed this error: http://imgur.com/a/Riafp. And now it is displayed each time I start the app.

Also, when I was trying to send CryptKeeper some blackbytes (upon their request), This error appeared: https://imgur.com/a/0cMcO. Then after some minutes, I was able to send.

tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 12:10:47 AM

i have some problem to sync the wallet! did works fine tille 2 days ago!

What kind of problem, what platform?

Simplicity is beauty
lockepi

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:12:48 AM

where can we buy some coins
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 12:18:23 AM

This worked well when I paired both my phone and my desktop, however pairing two of my desktop apps didn't work. I copied the pairing code from device1 and emailed it to myself, I then added it as a new device on device2, however, device1 appears with the name New (in device2's list of paired devices), whereas it should've been the name device1 was configured with.
The name should update when device1 comes online.

Thank you for spotting, will investigate.
Do you need the amounts?
No, thanks, I already see the symptoms.

After pairing my phone with my desktop, I requested a payment from the phone, when I clicked to execute the payment from my desktop, my phone displayed this error: http://imgur.com/a/Riafp. And now it is displayed each time I start the app.
Please update to 0.3.1.

Also, when I was trying to send CryptKeeper some blackbytes (upon their request), This error appeared: https://imgur.com/a/0cMcO. Then after some minutes, I was able to send.
This is normal, one of previous payments was not confirmed yet.

Simplicity is beauty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: