Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:01:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234110 times)
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:34:02 PM

For all the doubters, I confirm receipt of my 6th round (both bytes and black bytes).

Will post a video of making a bytes payment and a black bytes payment soon.

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:34:52 PM

I got a crap ton of black bytes, but you have to trade them P2P? So they are basically worthless. Is there any expectation that Black Bytes will be on a real exchange any time soon?

Also, why have two coins--> black bytes and bytes? Nobody would choose to use traceable money over untraceable money, so why not just add that as a feature to Bytes? So confusing to me this coin.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:44:43 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 09:55:42 PM by bitserve

I have to thank for the free coins. I will hold them.

I have some suggestions though:

- Transition bot should display the total of BTC linked. That way it would be easier for people with funds in multiple addresses to check if all the addresses with funds in a wallet have correctly linked. It would be a 10 min code change.

- It could also give an estimation of how many coins will be received in next airdrop. I don't need it as it is very easy to calculate, but after seing the huge amount of post just asking that it would be better if transition bot informed them about that too. A couple of minutes code change if the previous item is already implemented.

- I have seen there's a Byteball trading bot.... Good. But I think a Blackbytes trading bot, considering there's no exchange right now trading them, will be much more useful atm.

Again, thanks.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2221
Merit: 3254

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:47:30 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 10:15:25 PM by bitebits

[...]Nobody would choose to use traceable money over untraceable money, so why not just add that as a feature to Bytes? So confusing to me this coin.

That entirely depends on the use case. Bitcoin and Monero for example happily coexist, they complement each other.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:54:39 PM

I got a crap ton of black bytes, but you have to trade them P2P? So they are basically worthless. Is there any expectation that Black Bytes will be on a real exchange any time soon?

Also, why have two coins--> black bytes and bytes? Nobody would choose to use traceable money over untraceable money, so why not just add that as a feature to Bytes? So confusing to me this coin.

There are reasons to do public transactions anyone can check. Imagine you have a fucking ton of byteballs and some day decide to convert them to FIAT. You better have the full trace of them in case of an audit.

Also, for contracts, etc.... How could someone prove he delivered with an untraceable transaction?

Both have their usages.

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:44:10 PM

Circulating Supply
255,492 GBYTE
Total Supply
1,000,000 GBYTE

Looks like only 60k was added.
slv126

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:51:33 PM

Received my bytes and blackbytes, thanks!
darknight44

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:48:30 AM

ChatBot not working
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:17:53 AM

There are reasons to do public transactions anyone can check. Imagine you have a fucking ton of byteballs and some day decide to convert them to FIAT. You better have the full trace of them in case of an audit.

Also, for contracts, etc.... How could someone prove he delivered with an untraceable transaction?

Both have their usages.

Audits up until maybe 20 years ago were almost exclusively done with paper so I think have a distributed digital ledger is only a nice to have. Any paper trail is going to stand up in an audit, especially since your holdings\purchases must eventually move in and out of KYC institutions, even for anonymous currencies.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:30:35 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 03:48:45 AM by bitserve

Both have their usages.

Audits up until maybe 20 years ago were almost exclusively done with paper so I think have a distributed digital ledger is only a nice to have. Any paper trail is going to stand up in an audit, especially since your holdings\purchases must eventually move in and out of KYC institutions, even for anonymous currencies.

I don't know about your country, but in Spain if you ever get audited by TAX office for cashing out like 1 mill eur coming from "nowhere" (cryptocurrencies investments) you better have some PROOF of all the transactions ever done from beginning. Using anonymous transactions is cool but it will be better then to keep those "anonymous" coins forever in the dark and never try to cash into banking FIAT or you could even face prison for suspected money laundering. Of course I am only talking about any SUSTANCIAL ammount of money you can't prove how you did earn in the past.

Yeah, it sucks, I hate it.... whatever.... But that's how it is. Again, I don't know about your country and maybe it is different. I am just saying there are reasons, at least for some people, to avoid fully anonymous cryptocurrencies.

P.S.: I do keep old past private keys for wallets/paperwallets/etc I have ever used. It's not that I have a sustantial amount right now... but who knows if it ever will... If it does, I feel more confident if I have the ownership proof from the beginning. Just in case.....

naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:28:40 AM

The next round of distribution of detailed date, who can tell me thank you

You may look here for both  next round countdown and  the rool for it  http://whatis.wikidot.com/get-gbyte
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:42:00 AM

Both have their usages.

I don't know about your country, but in Spain if you ever get audited by TAX office for cashing out like 1 mill eur coming from "nowhere" (cryptocurrencies investments) you better have some PROOF of all the transactions ever done from beginning. Using anonymous transactions is cool but it will be better then to keep those "anonymous" coins forever in the dark and never try to cash into banking FIAT or you could even face prison for suspected money laundering. Of course I am only talking about any SUSTANCIAL ammount of money you can't prove how you did earn in the past.

Yeah, it sucks, I hate it.... whatever.... But that's how it is. Again, I don't know about your country and maybe it is different. I am just saying there are reasons, at least for some people, to avoid fully anonymous cryptocurrencies.

P.S.: I do keep old past private keys for wallets/paperwallets/etc I have ever used. It's not that I have a sustantial amount right now... but who knows if it ever will... If it does, I feel more confident if I have the ownership proof from the beginning. Just in case.....

In Spain you will most likely get a suspended sentence for money laundering. Very few go to prison for money laundering

Other places in EU  its much more strict

Btw, anyone knows if blackbytes can be traded now?
francisthecrusher

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:47:08 AM

Almost makes it not worth dealing in fiat at all...

The amount of hassle involved using fiat is going to be its downfall. And you shouldn't put into fiat that which you cannot afford to lose anyway. When you only have crypto, all of these problems disappear.

Of course, you need small amounts of fiat for daily life until more people start accepting crypto, but you can easily trade crypto for cash and use that.

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:52:36 AM

Both have their usages.

In Spain you will most likely get a suspended sentence for money laundering. Very few go to prison for money laundering

Other places in EU  its much more strict

Btw, anyone knows if blackbytes can be traded now?

Very good point. Most probably no prison but... all your money gone and in debt to the tax agency forever. No good either.

I don't know any echange that trades blackbytes. I have suggested someone makes a blackbytes trading bot the same as there is a Byteballs one.

raoulsergia

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:52:52 AM

And you shouldn't put into fiat that which you cannot afford to lose anyway.

LISTEN TO THIS!! Best advice you will get

Knows what he is talking about

I see many asking how to convert BTC/Alts to $1 mil in bank, its so  foolish to do that.

Convert $10k or $20k at once, if you need that for a week, or for a party or whatever and leave the rest in BTC

Dont announce to the world that you have bitcoins. Dont let anyone know what your altcoin investments are  
keep it silent
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:57:18 AM

The amount of hassle involved using fiat is going to be its downfall. And you shouldn't put into fiat that which you cannot afford to lose anyway. When you only have crypto, all of these problems disappear.

Of course, you need small amounts of fiat for daily life until more people start accepting crypto, but you can easily trade crypto for cash and use that.

YOu can of course use your coins to buy stuff, convert into cash using localbitcoins, etc.... But if you want to buy real state, a luxury car, or anything that is more than 3000€ (the legal limit for cash purchases) you need to use BANKING FIAT for that. And for any input into banking you need to pay taxes AND be able to prove its (legit) source IF a tax audit happens.

raoulsergia

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:00:11 AM

YOu can of course use your coins to buy stuff, convert into cash using localbitcoins, etc.... But if you want to buy real state, a luxury car, or anything that is more than 3000€ (the legal limit for cash purchases) you need to use BANKING FIAT for that. And for any input into banking you need to pay taxes AND be able to prove its (legit) source.

Make multiple cash purchases on local bitcoins.
I know some people who even go to other countries in EU to get good deals on local bitcoins

Lot of opportunities not to fall into the traps set by banks

Hopefully soon banks are a thing of the past..

One more economic collapse and most banks will not survive I think
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:03:27 AM

YOu can of course use your coins to buy stuff, convert into cash using localbitcoins, etc.... But if you want to buy real state, a luxury car, or anything that is more than 3000€ (the legal limit for cash purchases) you need to use BANKING FIAT for that. And for any input into banking you need to pay taxes AND be able to prove its (legit) source.

Make multiple cash purchases on local bitcoins.
I know some people who even go to other countries in EU to get good deals on local bitcoins

Lot of opportunities not to fall into the traps set by banks

Hopefully soon banks are a thing of the past..

One more economic collapse and most banks will not survive I think

Yes, you can convert an almost unlimited ammount of coins into cash using localbitcoins. But that cash is USELESS to buy real state... or even a cheap car... or pay electricity, water supply, phone.. and basically anything that is paid by a bank account.

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:26:46 AM

Looks like since last distribution, the byteball distribution favors strongly the GB holding instead of BTC holding. Maybe using BTC to buy some GB is a good deal.
memberx

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:36:13 AM

I still did not receive any Blackbyte, is the process not finished or was it not working.

Just to be sure, I did just have BTC in my account, it was mentioned your get GBYTE and GBB for this, right? not for old GBYTE positions, right?

Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: