Bitcoin Forum
November 14, 2019, 06:37:49 AM *
News: 10th anniversary art contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 214 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 152732 times)
BenTheAnonMod

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:57:26 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2019, 11:22:58 AM by BenTheAnonMod

I think its worth noting that the above user has not argued any of my original comments, immediately resorted to name calling and trying to discredit me as an individual rather that what I was actually saying in the first place... Sounds a bit like someone with an agenda to me... I'll also just leave the definition of FUD here below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

"FUD is generally a strategy to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information."

*drops mic*

The Bitcoin Forum is turning 10 years old! Join the community in sharing and exploring the notable posts made over the years.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:44:20 AM

I'm just stating the obvious nature of cryptopia exit scam .

You stating your own opinion and read too much speculation posts !

And such posts (in this thread) are exactly the Reason why i was Stoping to post any NEWS and Updates in here , because all others (or the most from the last 3 pages) in here i never seen before in this thread know it better !

There is no Exit Scam , that's just your guess  !

This Thread is not an Offical Support Thread !

All offical NEWS you will get at https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ  or on the Cryptopia Discord !

███████████████████████████
█████████▀▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀████████
█████▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀█████
████ █▀▄███████████▄▀██████
███▄█ ███████▀ ██████ █ ███
██▀█ ███  ▀▀█  ▀██████ █ ██
██ █ ████▄▄      ▀▀▀██ █ ██
██ █ █████▌        ▄██ ████
███▄█ █████▄▄   ▄▄███ █▀███

████▀█▄▀█████▌  ▀██▀▄█ ████

█████▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀▄█████
████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████

|▄█████████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄▀▀██░░░██▀▀▄▀██████
█████░██▄░░▄▄▄▄▄░░▄██░█████
████░█▀▀░▄██▄▄▄██▄░▀░█░████
████░█▄▄░█░█░░░█░█░▄▄█░████
████░██▀░▀██▀▀▀██▀░▀▀█░████
█████░█░▄▄░▀▀▀▀▀░▄▄░█░█████
██████▄▀██░░▄██░░██▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀█▀░█▀▄█
████████████████████░░░░░▀▄
████▄▄▄▀██████████▄▄░░░░░░▀
███████▀▄░▀▄░░▀▀███▄█░░░░░█
██████▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░▀█▄█░█▄█▄
█████▀░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▀▄▀███████
█████░░░░█░███░█░░█░███████
█████▄░░░▀░▀▀▀░▀░▄▀▄███████
██████▄░░░░▀▀▀░▄▄▀▄████████
████████▄▄░░░░▀▄▄██████████
█████████████▐░░░░█████████
█████████████▐▄▄▄▄█████████
██████▀█▀███▀▀▀███▀█▀██████
███████▄▀▄▀▀░█░▀▀▄▀▄███████
█████████▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀█████████
████████░█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█░████████
███████░█▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀█░███████
██████░█▀▀▀█░░░█▀▀▀█░██████
█████░█▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀█░█████
████░█▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀█░████
█████████▀▀▀███████████████
█████▀▀░░▄▄░░░▄████████████
█████▀▄░▀░▄▄▀▀░░▀▄░▄▀██████
█████░░▀█▀░░▀▀░▄░█▄▄▄▄█████
█████▌▀▄▐▌░█░▀░▀░█░░░░█████
██████▄░░█░░░▀▀░▄▀░▀░██████
████████▄▐▌░▄▄█████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀░███
████████████████▄░░░░░░░███
█████████████████▀░░░░░▐███
███████████████▀░░░░▄▄░████
█████████████▀░░░░▄████████
██████████▀▀░░░▄███████████
███████▀░░░▄▄██████████████
███▀▀▄▄▄███████▀▀▀▀▀███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░▀█████
██▀▀▀▀░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░▄░░▀▀█
░░▄░░░░▀▄░░█▄░░░▄▀░▄█░░░░░░
▀▄░▀█▄▄███▄███▄██▄███▄▄▀░▄▀
|ROULETTE
MINES
TOWERS
DICE
CRASH
──── ─── ─
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:55:41 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 06:16:14 PM by mprep

I'm just stating the obvious nature of cryptopia exit scam .

You stating your own opinion and read too much speculation posts !

And such posts (in this thread) are exactly the Reason why i was Stoping to post any NEWS and Updates in here , because all others (or the most from the last 3 pages) in here i never seen before in this thread know it better !

There is no Exit Scam , that's just your guess  !

This Thread is not an Offical Support Thread !

All offical NEWS you will get at https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ  or on the Cryptopia Discord !

sorry, it is a scam until everybody got their money/crypto back.

I think its worth noting that the above user has not argued any of my original comments, immediately resorted to name calling and trying to discredit me as an individual rather that what I was actually saying in the first place... Sounds a bit like someone with an agenda to me... I'll also just leave the definition of FUD here below

"FUD is generally a strategy to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information."

*drops mic*

i bet you don't like the name calling part, not one bit. then gooood, let that sink in.

agenda? you just happen to barge in after my post and i smell shit/lies (caught you  Wink ) in your words...and so the story goes..blah..blah..

man go back to discord and just delete messages..okay?
KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:07:05 PM

I have a really good oldschool bounty idea...
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:12:26 PM

*drops mic*

i bet you don't like the name calling part, not one bit. then gooood, let that sink in.

agenda? you just happen to barge in after my post and i smell shit/lies (caught you  Wink ) in your words...and so the story goes..blah..blah..

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it is a sign of the uneducated to be honest. A grown man who has to resort to name calling rather than having an intelligent conversation, if anything I think its pretty pathetic.

But I doubt you could raise any good points if you tried.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:18:59 PM

*drops mic*

agenda? you just happen to barge in after my post and i smell shit/lies (caught you  Wink ) in your words...and so the story goes..blah..blah..

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it is a sign of the uneducated to be honest. A grown man who has to resort to name calling rather than having an intelligent conversation, if anything I think its pretty pathetic.

no point in raising good points, arguing, discussing anything with a caught liar.

but i pointed out that you are a liar right?

so your words don't mean shit.
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:29:55 PM

*drops mic*

no point in raising good points, arguing, discussing anything with a caught liar.

You haven't pointed out anything, you got showed up by Xtraelv and now even Lafu is here calling out your bullshit. If anything, you've embarrassed yourself while proving me right every step of the way.

Even judging your account on here, a lot of posts but no trust... yikes, meanwhile Lafu and Xtraelv have not only more merit than you but higher trust ratings...

Did I mention you're embarrassing yourself...? Anyway, I'm done arguing with some nobody
DADIBLAND

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:31:33 PM

This is NOT a hack, this is a scam.

. Hiding behind the police and ignoring lots of customers 
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:38:04 PM

This is NOT a hack, this is a scam.

. Hiding behind the police and ignoring lots of customers 

This is a good example of the straight up FUD going on in here... No proof, no evidence... just straight up slander.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:47:43 PM

*drops mic*

You haven't pointed out anything, you got showed up by Xtraelv and now even Lafu is here calling out your bullshit. If anything, you've embarrassed yourself while proving me right every step of the way.

Even judging your account on here, a lot of posts but no trust... yikes, meanwhile Lafu and Xtraelv have not only more merit than you but higher trust ratings...

Did I mention you're embarrassing yourself...? Anyway, I'm done arguing with some nobody

been here longer than your mommy and daddy...and your theme park called "CRYtopia"

again trust and merits don't mean shit, get these people their money/crypto back then you can get a shiny "trust rating or merits" from these newbs. bye
xtraelv

Activity: 868
Merit: 1482

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:50:37 PM

Other exchanges might be operating in a less regulated market.

Cryptopia is a registered company that is licensed with the FMA.

When Cryptopia reported the breach to the police and other authorities they stepped in and took control.

This is because the authorities view this breach involving other peoples assets - not just Cryptopia.

New Zealands Authorities consider a breach of this value a very serious crime.

While Cryptopia assisted the authorities as much as possible they did not control the investigation and were not able to use their premises.

Since Friday they have been able to enter their premises again uninhibited but do not yet have control of everything. (Some of their equipment is still under the control of the authorities)

"Cryptopia management have full access to their facilities and business premises and the Police investigation is not preventing their business from getting up and running again."

This doesn't mean that they can just turn on their website and start trading again. They have to assess the risks and safeguard the assets.

the Police investigation is not preventing their business from getting up and running again
means that before this time their business was specifically prevented from running by the NZ Police while they conducted a forensic investigation.

It doesn't mean they can just instantly turn on the site and start trading. They also will need some time to make a proper assessment.

Cryptopia works in a regulated environment and has procedures to follow and authorities other than the police to satisfy.  

The identities of the founders, CEO and some of the staff are public knowledge. The accusations in this case that are being made are towards some of the victims of this crime rather than the criminals that perpetrated it.

To be honest it disgusts me how some people act on this forum. Anonymity seems to bring out the worst in some people. If you want to make baseless accusations then at least be brave enough to attach your real name to it.

I have attempted to keep the community updated. As I have said many times before - I do not work for Cryptopia - I do have a role there as a volunteer moderator. I got that role after I was particularly active in identifying phishing scams and other threats that could result in users losing funds.

I don't appreciate the insults and abuse and has resulted in a number of people being added to my ignore list.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:54:24 PM

Other exchanges might be operating in a less regulated market.

Cryptopia is a registered company that is licensed with the FMA.

When Cryptopia reported the breach to the police and other authorities they stepped in and took control.

This is because the authorities view this breach involving other peoples assets - not just Cryptopia.

New Zealands Authorities consider a breach of this value a very serious crime.

While Cryptopia assisted the authorities as much as possible they did not control the investigation and were not able to use their premises.

Since Friday they have been able to enter their premises again uninhibited but do not yet have control of everything. (Some of their equipment is still under the control of the authorities)

"Cryptopia management have full access to their facilities and business premises and the Police investigation is not preventing their business from getting up and running again."

This doesn't mean that they can just turn on their website and start trading again. They have to assess the risks and safeguard the assets.

the Police investigation is not preventing their business from getting up and running again
means that before this time their business was specifically prevented from running by the NZ Police while they conducted a forensic investigation.

It doesn't mean they can just instantly turn on the site and start trading. They also will need some time to make a proper assessment.

Cryptopia works in a regulated environment and has procedures to follow and authorities other than the police to satisfy.  

The identities of the founders, CEO and some of the staff are public knowledge. The accusations in this case that are being made are towards some of the victims of this crime rather than the criminals that perpetrated it.

To be honest it disgusts me how some people act on this forum. Anonymity seems to bring out the worst in some people. If you want to make baseless accusations then at least be brave enough to attach your real name to it.

I have attempted to keep the community updated. As I have said many times before - I do not work for Cryptopia - I do have a role there as a volunteer moderator. I got that role after I was particularly active in identifying phishing scams and other threats that could result in users losing funds.

I don't appreciate the insults and abuse and has resulted in a number of people being added to my ignore list.

*tips hat*

Always appreciate your well thought out responses.
You definitely deserve the *Mic drop* more than I do.

I look forward to seeing what nonsense they reply with.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:05:28 PM

mark karpeles, big vern...ring any bells? they are "victims" too

P.S. I'm gonna shove that stupid mic up the ass of your stupid toddler (BenTheAnonMod)

BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:17:42 PM

You're boring now, I'll wait for someone else to reply who can actually hold a conversation.

P.s I'm sure you'd love to shove things up my ass, I won't fetish shame you.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:25:00 PM

remember cryptsy?

I heard they paid their customers the present day (hack date) value of their BTC..

bear market--->low value crypto (cryptopia hack)

----------------------future-------------------

high value crypto, but will pay customers the low value crypto in USD (early 2019 valuation)

you think they are pulling this kind of shit?...yes they can, it is possible since it worked on big vern......no wonder they (cryptopia founders) quit their jobs  Grin

part time = no hack

full time = yeah! hack

*mic shoved up BenTheAnonMod's ass*
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:42:18 PM

I do think its hilarious that Xtraelv wrote out a big, detailed post... yet you still post this drivel... You surely have to be trolling at this point

I would also suggest you look into online slander and defamation claims, you aren't anonymous here.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:45:22 PM

I do think its hilarious that Xtraelv wrote out a big, detailed post explaining in detail... yet you still post this drivel... You surely have to be trolling at this point

I would also suggest you look into online slander and defamation claims, you aren't anonymous here.

not my first time with those kinds of "threats" here Tongue

suck it up.  Grin  Grin
BTCbtcLOVE

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:48:39 PM

My brothers, the devil has long since taken out the joke! The situation is not at all for the game! The stakes are too big for the investors here and certainly will not be over! What must necessarily happen for sure is that investor money must return, it means simply MUST, and there is no debate! How and in what way, we do not care about it anymore! Whoever is responsible for this situation MUST solve the problem, return stolen coins, or whatever, because it will bear the consequences, it will be a dead head, it will be dead people, because I know how this works, darkness will eat certain people !!! No one is crazy today, they will do everything to recover what was stolen! I only hope that cryptopia workers will grasp this situation seriously and as soon as possible solve the problem, return to people what was stolen, and let the site work again! So how much today, that the site is put into operation, this is such a situation, because many are more than impatient and dangerous people than those who invested in this project! I hope that wisdom will prevail! Hello Everyone!
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:58:45 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2019, 02:22:09 PM by BenTheAnonMod

I do think its hilarious that Xtraelv wrote out a big, detailed post explaining in detail... yet you still post this drivel... You surely have to be trolling at this point

suck it up.  Grin  Grin

Wasn't a threat, merely a suggestion based on the comments you're making.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:07:36 PM

suck it up.  Grin  Grin

Wasn't a threat, merely a suggestion based on the comments you're making. Not that you'd be worth making a claim against anyway.

you suggesting there is a threat is a threat to begin with..just a subtle way of saying it....now go back to mommy and daddy.

P.S. I bet you are itching to delete my posts here hehe..being a mod at discord turned you to a spoiled brat.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 214 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.