Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:12:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384495 times)
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 01:43:51 AM

Anything offering 8% a month is nothing but a PONZI SCHEME !

Go check coinmarketcap and see coins that increased more than 8% in a matter of days Bitcoin ethereum and litecoin and even ripple sometimes increased by 10 to 30% in a matter of days, start educating yourself no wonder you are not making money from your kind of thinking

Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:49:21 AM

whats so special about this coin?

Campaign Manager (2018)
cointech77

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:19:01 AM

Anything offering 8% a month is nothing but a PONZI SCHEME !

You're idiot... Hahaha
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:41:15 AM

whats so special about this coin?

The last guy I remember asking this question ends up hating this coin because he was so late investing in this coin when it was $1 now it's over $100 so please those people who fuds this thread are now gone don't be the next one.
bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:23:26 PM

It's not only me saying this is a huge scam ! 

https://steemit.com/scam/@thegrinder/the-bitconnect-scam-exposed

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@jenny143/bitconnect-scam-with-proof
Alexperez9194

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:07:03 PM

This was 4 Months ago. Since then I have received 140% back on my $5000 loan. Never reinvested so I'm already making profit, a lot. Plus that 140% I exchange it for bitcoin or BCC coins which also has doubled in price in the past weeks. Its not too late to join. Today We got 1.8% plus my 0.2% bonus makes it 2% and for tomorrow the pay out came at 1.81%.. Awesome!!
You guys can still join here https://bitconnect.co/?ref=alexperez9194
bambarmia

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:10:53 PM

As I predicted this huge ponzi scheme will begin to collapse in a couple of days, because the price will not move any higher and there will be no more so called "investors" Like Bernard Madoff said  "All one great big lie"
Airstriker

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:44:12 PM

As I predicted this huge ponzi scheme will begin to collapse in a couple of days, because the price will not move any higher and there will be no more so called "investors" Like Bernard Madoff said  "All one great big lie"
Hahaha and this prediction is based on... highly professional trader insight, right?
bambarmia

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:00:05 PM

Hahaha and this prediction is based on... highly professional trader insight, right?
As I can see you are real professional in scam promotion  Open your website offering scam promotion services. U gonna make good money...

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:45:15 PM

So after reading the 90 pages of this thread for the last 2 days (yes I'm a bit crazy), so I could forge myself an informed opinion before deciding if this coin is really worth something or not, I can sum-up the facts, good and bad as follow:

- The devs are unknown (but so were Bitcoin's at its beginning)
   - They didn't provide any whitepaper (Bitcoin's original whitepaper was very simple itself and didn't go into details)
   - The GitHub source page is a joke (only a few cosmetic commits and no activity/update)
   - However a lot of private dev has been going on (wallet clients for all major consumer platforms, very functional exchange with top security, smartphone applications for Android and iPhone, mining pool…).
   - They claim to be an open source platform but much of is completely closed…
   - The privately developed software is of high quality.
   - The main dev call himself Satao Nakamoto (no comment)
   - Devs acted unethically when they switched their lending platform abruptly from BTC to BCC to force people to invest in their new coin (it was in December 2016 if I remember well).
   - They do have a public blockchain.
   - You can find many "news" article about bitconnect but they are all sponsored press releases.
   - It looks like a Ponzi scheme, it smells like an MLM, and act as get rich quick scheme…
   - OP doesn't reply to scam accusation anymore (they did in the beginning but gave little proof to alleviate these accusations).
   - The coin is only sustainable if there is indeed a huge trading bot investing all the funds stored on their main exchange in btc/usd trading.
   - When asked how this bot was not taking any loss days after days, the OP answered that they save on past earnings to compensate for those bad days and distribute interest nonetheless saying that they do plan on improving their bot algorithm.
   - There is no proof of the existence of this "volatility software" but as a dev myself I can imagine it to be perfectly plausible, given the volatility of bitcoin and the amount of btc they have gathered it's totally possible to generate the income necessary to support BCC economy model without using new investors' funds directly to pay the old ones (this [promotional] video explains it).
   - They're listed only on 5 small exchanges (CoinExchange.io, Crypto DAO, Livecoin, Novaexchange, TradeSatoshi) besides their own that encompass 90% of the volume exchange.
   - When you invest on their platform you have to buy bcc using btc and then buy a lending plan in $ using the current market price of bcc on their exchange. The bigger the loan the bigger the bonus and the shorter the invested money is locked down.
   - After the lock-down period is over you get your deposit back in $, you can reinvest it directly or you can convert them back to bcc at the current market value.
   - When investing you get paid daily in $ that you can convert without fee to bcc at the market price as soon as you have $1. (The daily paid amount strictly follows the volatility software interest rate + any bonus obtained from the amount being loaned) .
   - You can reinvest what you earn daily as soon as you have $100 thus benefiting from huge compound interests over time.
   - The lowest withdrawal limit is 0.005 btc + 0.0007 fee
   - They still don't allow withdrawal of BCH (but allow deposits(!) - unless the withdrawal option only appears when one does have BCH to withdraw…)
   - They have a roadmap and achieved every milestone of it on time so far delivering new features and causing scam accusators to disappear from this thread one after another (but this doesn't prove much).
   - The value of the coin has increased steadily over the past 8 months.
   - People are getting paid so far so they do deliver (this doesn't exclude a Ponzi).
   - They have implemented an anti-panic system on their exchange ("volatility based circuit breaker") which was actually never mentioned in those 90 pages. (this is maybe why they avoid big exchanges…). This is quite innovative in my opinion and add self-regulation to the market preventing human emotions from destroying the currency.
   - Their ad campaign are very aggressive and they plan to do more according to their roadmap (this support the Ponzi accusations)
   - You can't buy anything real with this coin yet but they have been talking about a smart card and coming partnership with undisclosed companies. (so for now it's only speculation)
   - They have made it so that one would want to keep their BCC instead of cashing them out in btc, in many subtle and clever ways…
   - They seem to target small investors mainly (MLM campaign, very low investment entry possibilities, very low limits in withdrawals and transfers). Is it because it's easy to scam new investors or because they want to turn the table around? (Are the people behind it truly there for betterment of mankind and not to get rich themselves?)
   - From what I understand they want people to use this coin as a way to pay for their daily needs but keep the majority of their shares in the system for as long as possible. They designed this as a long term investment with supposedly guaranteed daily returns.
   - If bitconnect is not a scam the math tell that it would destroy standard economy as we know it… (taking all the money from the poor, investing it automatically and redistribute it evenly, in the long run money wouldn't be worth anything - is that possible? I might just be dreaming here…)

So in the end it all comes down to one real question: Is this trading bot real or not? This is what decides whether this is a scam or not… So this thread should focus on finding ways to answer this question. All other shady facts are not playing in their favor but apparently they clearly don't need to defend themselves given the coin current success so why would they bother? Maybe they just think that history will prove them right so they don't care.
What's clear though is that the people behind bitconnect.co are very clever in many ways…

I invested $100 to see how it goes (it was 7 days ago) and bought 3.5 BCC not currently invested. I still haven't decided if I want to risk more. But what I can tell from my short experience of their system is that they do have talented developers working for them so maybe this trading bot does exist but we should really focus on a way to prove that.
Airstriker

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:15:04 AM

So after reading the 90 pages of this thread for the last 2 days (yes I'm a bit crazy), so I could forge myself an informed opinion before deciding if this coin is really worth something or not, I can sum-up the facts, good and bad as follow:

- They didn't provide any whitepaper (Bitcoin's original whitepaper was very simple itself and didn't go into details)
   - The GitHub source page is a joke (only a few cosmetic commits and no activity/update)
   - However a lot of private dev has been going on (wallet clients for all major consumer platforms, very functional exchange with top security, smartphone applications for Android and iPhone, mining pool…).
   - Devs acted unethically when they switched their lending platform abruptly from BTC to BCC to force people to invest in their new coin (it was in December 2016 if I remember well).
   - You can find many "news" article about bitconnect but they are all sponsored press releases.
   - It looks like a Ponzi scheme, it smells like an MLM, and act as get rich quick scheme…
   - OP doesn't reply to scam accusation anymore (they did in the beginning but gave little proof to alleviate these accusations).
   - The coin is only sustainable if there is indeed a huge trading bot investing all the funds stored on their main exchange in btc/usd trading.
   - When asked how this bot was not taking any loss days after days, the OP answered that they save on past earnings to compensate for those bad days and distribute interest nonetheless saying that they do plan on improving their bot algorithm.
   - There is no proof of the existence of this "volatility software" but as a dev myself I can imagine it to be perfectly plausible, given the volatility of bitcoin and the amount of btc they have gathered it's totally possible to generate the income necessary to support BCC economy model without using new investors' funds directly to pay the old ones (this [promotional] video explains it).
   - They're listed only on 5 small exchanges (CoinExchange.io, Crypto DAO, Livecoin, Novaexchange, TradeSatoshi) besides their own that encompass 90% of the volume exchange.
   - When you invest on their platform you have to buy bcc using btc and then buy a lending plan in $ using the current market price of bcc on their exchange. The bigger the loan the bigger the bonus and the shorter the invested money is locked down.
   - After the lock-down period is over you get your deposit back in $, you can reinvest it directly or you can convert them back to bcc at the current market value.
   - When investing you get paid daily in $ that you can convert without fee to bcc at the market price as soon as you have $1. (The daily paid amount strictly follows the volatility software interest rate + any bonus obtained from the amount being loaned) .
   - You can reinvest what you earn daily as soon as you have $100 thus benefiting from huge compound interests over time.
   - They still don't allow withdrawal of BCH (but allow deposits(!) - unless the withdrawal option only appears when one does have BCH to withdraw…)
   - They have a roadmap and achieved every milestone of it on time so far delivering new features and causing scam accusators to disappear from this thread one after another (but this doesn't prove much).
   - People are getting paid so far so they do deliver (this doesn't exclude a Ponzi).
   - They have implemented an anti-panic system on their exchange ("volatility based circuit breaker") which was actually never mentioned in those 90 pages. (this is maybe why they avoid big exchanges…). This is quite innovative in my opinion and add self-regulation to the market preventing human emotions from destroying the currency.
   - Their ad campaign are very aggressive and they plan to do more according to their roadmap (this support the Ponzi accusations)
   - You can't buy anything real with this coin yet but they have been talking about a smart card and coming partnership with undisclosed companies. (so for now it's only speculation)
   - They have made it so that one would want to keep their BCC instead of cashing them out in btc, in many subtle and clever ways…
   - They seem to target small investors mainly (MLM campaign, very low investment entry possibilities, very low limits in withdrawals and transfers). Is it because it's easy to scam new investors or because they want to turn the table around? (Are the people behind it truly there for betterment of mankind and not to get rich themselves?)
   - From what I understand they want people to use this coin as a way to pay for their daily needs but keep the majority of their shares in the system for as long as possible. They designed this as a long term investment with supposedly guaranteed daily returns.
   - If bitconnect is not a scam the math tell that it would destroy standard economy as we know it… (taking all the money from the poor, investing it automatically and redistribute it evenly, in the long run money wouldn't be worth anything - is that possible? I might just be dreaming here…)

So in the end it all comes down to one real question: Is this trading bot real or not? This is what decides whether this is a scam or not… So this thread should focus on finding ways to answer this question. All other shady facts are not playing in their favor but apparently they clearly don't need to defend themselves given the coin current success so why would they bother? Maybe they just think that history will prove them right so they don't care.
What's clear though is that the people behind bitconnect.co are very clever in many ways…

I invested $100 to see how it goes (it was 7 days ago) and bought 3.5 BCC not currently invested. I still haven't decided if I want to risk more. But what I can tell from my short experience of their system is that they do have talented developers working for them so maybe this trading bot does exist but we should really focus on a way to prove that.

Finally some clever analysis! Great job. Also nice find with this volatility based circuit breaker - I wasn't aware of that - indeed it's another clever move on their side to keep the system sustainable.
One error though:
   - You can reinvest what you earn daily as soon as you have $10 (not 100$), thus benefiting from huge compound interests over time.
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:09:45 AM

It's not collapsing you are blind what is happening to your, you are acting like an idiot or do not know how to read figures, Bitcoin started at $1.50 one dollar and fifty cent now they are worth hundred of dollar so what coin figure are you reading.

rudystyle

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:29:29 AM

Very good analysis. Do keep us updated on your findings

Airstriker

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:23:52 AM

As I can see you are real professional in scam promotion  Open your website offering scam promotion services. U gonna make good money...
Actually, other than you, I'm presenting the good and ugly facts regarding this coin, so that everybody can make a decision. Check out by yourself:
https://bitconnectexplained.wordpress.com/
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:30:08 AM

What is best for staking BCC?

Should I use the coin control features and move all the coins into one big block?
dao-casino

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 01:23:16 PM

Hello

I just came back from a bitconnect promoter meeting in thailand

Bitconnect seems very legit to me, also expenses have been paid and we discussed a lot about the future of bitconnect

bitconnect is planning to open up physical locations worldwide( I will open 1 very soon in Munich germany, Austria and switzerland will follow)

Bitconnect doesnt want to reveal to much of how they make money but by what i have been told everything seems to be very plausibel
and it makes perfectly sense for the future of the company to not reveal to much information on how they make money for obvious reasons.
(Copy cats)
Bitconnect has a very friendly community and it works great and very professional.

We see how bitcoin changes the world and businesses, why can people not accept that bitconnect does the same

bitcin is around for 8 9 years bitconnect for 1 year and they already planning on opening cryptocurrency learning centers all around the world so to me bitconnect is very legit and NOONE using or beeing involved in cbitconnect has been lied to, scammed or lost 1 $

the reason that bitconnect is very silent about their trading bot is because if you found out on how they trade and where the risk of a government shut down would be very high

Mr Satish - all asia top promter said something very intelligent

We dont believe things are a scam when we get scammed by them, but if we make money we believe this is a scam
and this statement is very true

Compare it to bittrex wich was shut down by the US Government but is anyone calling bittrex or the government in this context a scam, not really, people just take it as a loss

the point im trying to make here is, sometimes it is better for the community if not everything is in the open because when everything is out there and very transparent it gives a lot of attacking points to people trying to ruin everything

bitconnect will be the face of cryptocurrency, a platform were people actually can go to an office and learn about crypto currency, something that is very needed especially for people that are not as familiar with IT

Bitconnect is doing a real big service to the community and time will prove bitconnect right

bambarmia

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:25:17 PM

bittrex was shut down by the US Government Huh What kind of drugs are you on man ?
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 02:33:15 PM

bittrex was shut down by the US Government Huh What kind of drugs are you on man ?

I don't know if you are indeed a newbie or just an alt account, or maybe you are one of those early fudsters but eversince Bitconnectcoin ico there's a lot of newbie posting here trying to takedown Bitconnectcoin it's there money and you are not fbi so let them be..

badpeanut

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:57:01 PM

When Bitconnect gonna distribute BCH to there users? Are they planning to distribute when the coin is at $1? With the current price at $300 a piece they need to Pull a Rabbit out of the hat from thin Air with a coin on their neck  Grin
jon_crypto

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:52:49 PM

2072 analysis of the BitConnect lending system seems accurate from what I read and researched. I just transferred some BTC to see from my own eyes if this system works. I believe I can make up these BTC within a week... As long as $NEO goes up Wink

In my opinion, here's a few observations
  • The daily interest rates are unsustainable over time. I suspect that these will go down to more reasonable level as time advance
  • Before investing, you also have to keep in mind that there's a lot of valuation play to consider. BCC vs BTC and BTC vs USD. In a very volatile market anything can happen. So invest at your own risk
  • IMO, the most annoying factor I didn't see an option in their app to reinvest your daily interest, you'll need access to a computer same time daily. there are comments that payout hasn't happen on a daily process - TBD **care to comment anyone?** )
  • Before investing, you also have to keep in mind that there's a lot of valuation play to consider. BCC vs BTC and BTC vs USD. In a very volatile market anything can happen. So invest at your own risk
  • Like BTC, there is a max supply. That makes it interesting
  • I doubt BCC will have the popularity of BTC with retailers.
  • I doubt the exchange will become a large player.

Questions for members:

• There are comments that interest payout hasn't happen daily, true?
  • Is it profitable for miners to mine BCC?
  • The million dollar question, what if it forks?  Grin

Conclusion

This could potentially be a good investment but there are many risk factors and unanswered questions that i'd caution anyone that would like to invest to be ready to lose the money they are investing. Yet again, if you are in the crypto market and Altcoins more specifically, it's because you're ready!
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: