Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:56:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384495 times)
Countach

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:08:49 PM

Didn't Craig say that it was impossible for Bitconnect to be a scam because it is on the blockchain?  I guess he will have to go back to stockpiling Steem.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:14:30 PM

Just read the comments below this threat...

https://bitconnect.co/system-news/73/bitconnect-would-like-to-announce-that-only-negative-accounts-will-be-suspended/

This is the start of the end for this EPIC SCAM !  I'm really sorry for the people who lost their money, but all this reminds me of the rise and fall of Bernie Madoff (It was too good to be true)
Let the crying of stolen money BEGIN! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MviqOazWXE&spfreload=5

and at over an 1 hour and a half of this "Don't you feel like a loser?!"  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lppYREYmxtY

But he was a dedicated member of the platform but withdrawn all and this guy was one that was invited to the past meetup in Thailand. Roll Eyes
ChromaticStar

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:33:27 PM

I just got an unsolicited invite to join USI Tech. I've never heard of them before, but from the sounds of it, they're another ponzi offering returns similar to that of Bitconnect and Control Finance. These ponzi scammers are breeding like rabbits! WTF!
MJMJ

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:36:10 PM

Didn't Craig say that it was impossible for Bitconnect to be a scam because it is on the blockchain?  I guess he will have to go back to stockpiling Steem.

Yes he did, several times, even though I don't think he actually understands what he's even saying.

Just look at this conversation on one of his bitconnect video comment sections:

(click show replies on the top comment by username dozeyy, the conversation is in the replies. Grant exposes himself horribly and has for some reason left it all there for people to read)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFTYomjPp9w&lc=z124yvuaysb5c35xo04cdxazmwi4vb0pwws0k.1501537471953382

EDIT: I've taken a screenshot so if he deletes it just let me know.
jravago

Activity: 210

Without Risk there is no Success - jravago.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 08:39:32 PM

Just read the comments below this threat...

https://bitconnect.co/system-news/73/bitconnect-would-like-to-announce-that-only-negative-accounts-will-be-suspended/

This is the start of the end for this EPIC SCAM !  I'm really sorry for the people who lost their money, but all this reminds me of the rise and fall of Bernie Madoff (It was too good to be true)
Let the crying of stolen money BEGIN! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MviqOazWXE&spfreload=5

and at over an 1 hour and a half of this "Don't you feel like a loser?!"  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lppYREYmxtY

But he was a dedicated member of the platform but withdrawn all and this guy was one that was invited to the past meetup in Thailand. Roll Eyes

Wow. I see to never ending people pounding BCC "Bitconnect" as SCAM or they're going to take away your money and they disappear. Just step back and take a deep breath see the big pictures of investors crying and let them be. "If they are crying or not" It is what it is. We earn some and lose some. Without any Gov't monitoring crypto world, everything is a scam. People have a lot of coins can control the price and create speculations. People working behind the scene in any coins can control price of their coins as well to generate transaction fees. So good luck to us. The only thing I know that we all have in common. is that to become rich with crypto in short amount of time and that can make us quit our day job.

Peace OUT
coeurdelion

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:44:37 PM

I dont understand why so much people are telling it's the end because we can't withdraw or deposit btc because you can deposit or withdraw bcc. So if someone really need his money just send the bcc to novaexchange and sell it there or if you want to do a loan just buy bcc on novaexchange and send it to your bitconnect account ? If you have btc on your wallet you also can buy bcc on the exchange and sell it on nova to have your btc...
AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:59:37 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 09:37:45 PM by AGM76

I dont understand why so much people are telling it's the end because we can't withdraw or deposit btc because you can deposit or withdraw bcc. So if someone really need his money just send the bcc to novaexchange and sell it there or if you want to do a loan just buy bcc on novaexchange and send it to your bitconnect account ? If you have btc on your wallet you also can buy bcc on the exchange and sell it on nova to have your btc...

Yeah they announced the problem with non-working or very slow BTC transactions. They have disabled deposits too so aren't trying anything dodgy. BCC transactions seem fine.

That Craig guy put up a new video with more info. Apparently some company being formed with the promoters. All I know, is that bitconnect are making more money than their liabilities to investors and anyone else can see that if they do their own calculations. So why do people think it's a Ponzi if it's been solvent for all this time?

The only worrying thing is I noticed on that Trevor guy's channel video that someone linked to last (when he sold his BCC coins right at the bottom of the market- he would have got $6K+ in staking interest a month for a long time) someone in the chat boasting about withdrawing his 13BTC into 156BTC (basically close to becoming a millionaire in stolen funds - well half a million isn't far off). Some 'bob' guy I think his name was asked if anyone else got rich from the glitch on in the chat and that his account is suspended but 'fuck it I'm keeping it' (here it is: https://youtu.be/lppYREYmxtY?t=131 ).  So if many people stole these funds, then bitconnect are the ones having to cover this. So it's a bit ironic in my view but I can't see them being in much trouble after all the profits they've made over and above what they owe people. Bitconnect also have a million BCC that are kept out of circulation from the total supply so can probably cover these sorts of things (I think this reserve is mentioned in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxSeU0lfAww ).

Instead of people just calling it a scam can someone point out where I am wrong about them not being able to cover all the money people are earning without even going into any reserves as they are actually profiting from the loan system just as much or more than the investors are. I just want someone to point out where I'm wrong as I'm willing to change my mind but other people don't seem to want to explain to me where I am wrong.
MJMJ

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:35:01 PM

Yeah they announced the problem with non-working or very slow BTC transactions. They have disabled deposits too so aren't trying anything dodgy. BCC transactions seem fine.

That Craig guy put up a new video with more info. Apparently some company being formed with the promoters. All I know, is that bitconnect are making more money than their liabilities to investors and anyone else can see that if they do their own calculations. So why do people think it's a Ponzi if it's been solvent for all this time?

The only worrying thing is I noticed on that Trevor guy's channel video that someone linked to last (when he sold his BCC coins right at the bottom of the market- he would have got $6K+ in staking interest a month for a long time) someone in the chat boasting about withdrawing his 13BTC into 156BTC (basically close to becoming a millionaire in stolen funds - well half a million isn't far off). Some 'bob' guy I think his name was asked if anyone else got rich from the glitch on in the chat and that his account is suspended but 'fuck it I'm keeping it'.  So if many people stole these funds, then bitconnect are the ones having to cover this. So it's a bit ironic in my view but I can't see them being in much trouble after all the profits they've made over and above what they owe people. Bitconnect also have a million BCC that are kept out of circulation from the total supply so can probably cover these sorts of things (I think this reserve is mentioned in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxSeU0lfAww ).

Instead of people just calling it a scam can someone point out where I am wrong about them not being able to cover all the money people are earning without even going into any reserves as they are actually profiting from the loan system just as much or more than the investors are. I just want someone to point out where I'm wrong as I'm willing to change my mind but other people don't seem to want to explain to me where I am wrong.

I think people stating they know for a fact it's a scam and they've definitely run off with the money right now are just as wrong as people who say they know for a fact it's not a scam and there doesn't even need to be a bot (as Craig Grant and several in this thread have done several times).

You're right that regardless of whether it was intended to be a scam or not, their system has sustained itself so far (and with profit) just because the payouts are in dollars and the BCC coins have risen by more than what they've had to pay out. So they have undoubtedly made a large profit so far regardless of what's 'underneath the hood' so to speak. So for anyone saying there's no way they've made a profit, well that's just provably not true (so far!), it's simple maths.

I do also think though that people constantly singing it's praises do need to think critically about a few things and at least take into consideration that they might be wrong.
For one thing what happens if the price fails to increase at a rate greater than the liabilities owed? Or god forbid actually falls? If there is genuinely a trading bot then this could still be fine, but if there isn't then this would be quite a huge problem. So I don't respect the opinion of anyone saying it doesn't matter at all if there's a bot or not because firstly that would mean the company is lying to everyone which obviously isn't a good sign, but secondly that means the system is only profitable while the price of BCC is going up. And not just up but significantly and consistently up.

You've also got to be honest about the ways in which it at least looks like a scam, regardless of whether it is or not.
- The multi level marketing doesn't look good, as many scams use this to get people promoting it. Many legitimate businesses have affiliate programs too of course though so it's not a smoking gun by itself.
- There is no information on the trading bot whatsoever
- There is no information on who is actually behind this company or indeed where the company is located. The company listed on the website is registered in the UK, but they have missed their first filing and the address given is not a bitconnect address. This could be for some obscure tax reason, but it doesn't look good
- With this recent exploit, instead of someone from the company posting information themselves first and putting their own name to it, they waited for a random youtube promoter to do a video and posted that on their website instead. This wreaks of not wanting to give their own details at all costs, but more than happy to put someone else as the face of the company.
- They said at their recent investor meeting/trip that they manipulate the price on their own exchange which is where the vast majority of the volume is. Again not in itself making it a scam as people manipulate the price of many coins for various reasons. But again it doesn't look good.
- Some of their largest promoters (such as Craig Grant) are most certainly dodgy and openly admit they think that bitconnect is lying about how they make their money. They obviously can't control everyone though so again, by itself it's not proof.

There are several other things but the point is that some of the people hating on BCC are literally just hating on it for the sake of it, but a lot of them have asked genuine questions and not liked the answers that have come back, so you can't be surprised at the skepticism.

It's also worth pointing out that given how the crypto market has gone since bitconnect began, ANY business plan they actually have underneath (including to run off with the money) would still have made money, made payouts and still be going today. So it's simply not accurate when people say 'well it hasn't gone down yet so that proves it's legit'. It's certainly possible it's legit, but the fact they haven't crashed yet does not prove that. If they had taken all the BTC/BCC people invest and just held it in an account and done absolutely nothing with it, they could still have paid everyone out so far because of the rise in both BTC and BCC.

EDIT:
TLDR: I don't think anyone is disputing they've made profits so far and have made payouts so far, but given the price action of both BCC and BTC that actually does not prove it is a legitimate business at all.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:20:44 PM

For those playing at home, follow the money --> https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/07d4964e704c33dc

For those new to the game, simply click the links and follow BitConnect's BTC and see for yourselves how the coins loaned to them are working hard earning even more value, in turn making money for their Investards as the coins sit in a Magic Bot Mayonnaise® jar atop a shelf collecting dust.

"Joey, what we're witnessing is truly remarkable! For over a month, Benny, to your left, has been trying to convince his cousin, Scott, to your right, to add a hundred dollars to the big pile of money belonging to BitConnect as seen in the center of the table. Scott is convinced that it's a scam because he has seen very little money leave the pile as it continues to grow bigger. Benny, on the other hand, explains away his cousin Scott's concerned by expressing that those who invested are reinvesting their money, hence the big pile of cash in the center of the table which most likely is BitConnect's profit not utilized via their magic trading bot.

Looks like Scott is about to give in to the logic, asking Benny to prove that he can indeed withdraw his funds from BitConnect's platform. Benny's taking a long time to respond to cousin Scott's request. Oh my fuckin god! Joey, did the studio catch that move? Benny just said that he can't comply to Scott's request because for reasons outta his control, BitConnect has locked down his and hundreds of other users accounts.

Looks like Investards have lost another bout to the Great Ponzi,
the record now standing at 50-0."
bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:31:34 PM

For those playing at home, follow the money --> https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/07d4964e704c33dc

For those new to the game, simply click the links and follow BitConnect's BTC and see for yourselves how the coins loaned to them are working hard earning even more value, in turn making money for their Investards as the coins sit in a Magic Bot Mayonnaise® jar atop a shelf collecting dust.

"Joey, what we're witnessing is truly remarkable! For over a month, Benny, to your left, has been trying to convince his cousin, Scott, to your right, to add a hundred dollars to the big pile of money belonging to BitConnect as seen in the center of the table. Scott is convinced that it's a scam because he has seen very little money leave the pile as it continues to grow bigger. Benny, on the other hand, explains away his cousin Scott's concerned by expressing that those who invested are reinvesting their money, hence the big pile of cash in the center of the table which most likely is BitConnect's profit not utilized via their magic trading bot.

Looks like Scott is about to give in to the logic, asking Benny to prove that he can indeed withdraw his funds from BitConnect's platform. Benny's taking a long time to respond to cousin Scott's request. Oh my fuckin god! Joey, did the studio catch that move? Benny just said that he can't comply to Scott's request because for reasons outta his control, BitConnect has locked down his and hundreds of other users accounts.

Here is the richlist of bitconnect

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcc/#!rich

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcc/#!overview

AGM76

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:48:27 PM

Well that's another thing I completely forgot to mention. As I assumed when people buy BCC from their BTC deposits that the BTC sort of just *poof* disappears but obviously bitconnect not only hold the BCC that customers buy and then lend (for the loan periods at least) but bitconnect also keep most of the BTC (assuming other customers aren't buying it much on the exchange). If they don't use it in the exchange, which I think they should then not sure what they do with it. The simple rise in the BTC makes them even more profit than I thought. Anyway, I don't think the wallet you show even had 10K bitcoin and that is less than $50million. I think people must have been  depositing more than that. I've seen some of Trevor's videos and other and each have a few million $ in deposits each from just their own referrals. It's true that maybe bitconnect are the ones who mostly buy the BTC on the exchange. Most people just buy BCC with their BTC by selling the BTC on the exchange (so you'd assume that most buyers of BTC are actually bitconnect). The thing is that even though bitconnect (or rather the exchange users) sell the BCC to the customers, bitconnect still hold onto the BCC until they want to withdraw. They basically have both almost all the BTC and all the BCC most of the time that the customers supposedly buy if they just then loan it. They could be trading with either, as it doesn't really matter which or even switching between them or buy one with the other etc. I don't know, maybe I'm confusing myself now.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:57:12 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 12:26:37 AM by Gleb Gamow

Well that's telling: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcc/#!rich

ONLY a total of 6,065 Investards invested in BitConnect. My bad! Less, given that some Investards maintain more than one wallet address because they once read somewhere (perhaps some Flat-earth forum) that it's best to not put all your brown eggs in a white egg carton - diversify!
AGM76

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:05:30 AM

Well that's telling: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcc/#!rich

ONLY a total of 6,065 Investards invested in BitConnect. My bad! Less, given that some Investards maintain more than one wallet address because they once read somewhere (perhaps some Flat-earth forum) that it's best to not put all your brown eggs in a white egg carton - diversify!

If you are talking about the exchange platform and 'loaning' system then nobody really knows how bitconnect organise all the BCC they are holding for the customers. They may move most of it to a few main wallets. Someone can probably find out from seeing if the funds stay in the deposit addresses.  There are not 7.5million though BCC in circulation, as 1,000,000 is stored somewhere as a reserve.

Market Cap
$778,472,544
177,375 BTC
Volume (24h)
$6,413,270
1,461 BTC
Circulating Supply
6,541,456 BCC
Total Supply
7,572,388 BCC
Max Supply
28,000,000 BCC
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:24:13 AM

Well that's another thing I completely forgot to mention. As I assumed when people buy BCC from their BTC deposits that the BTC sort of just *poof* disappears but obviously bitconnect not only hold the BCC that customers buy and then lend (for the loan periods at least) but bitconnect also keep most of the BTC (assuming other customers aren't buying it much on the exchange). If they don't use it in the exchange, which I think they should then not sure what they do with it. The simple rise in the BTC makes them even more profit than I thought. Anyway, I don't think the wallet you show even had 10K bitcoin and that is less than $50million. I think people must have been  depositing more than that. I've seen some of Trevor's videos and other and each have a few million $ in deposits each from just their own referrals. It's true that maybe bitconnect are the ones who mostly buy the BTC on the exchange. Most people just buy BCC with their BTC by selling the BTC on the exchange (so you'd assume that most buyers of BTC are actually bitconnect). The thing is that even though bitconnect (or rather the exchange users) sell the BCC to the customers, bitconnect still hold onto the BCC until they want to withdraw. They basically have both almost all the BTC and all the BCC most of the time that the customers supposedly buy if they just then loan it. They could be trading with either, as it doesn't really matter which or even switching between them or buy one with the other etc. I don't know, maybe I'm confusing myself now.

"Please, prey tell, explain to me as if I'm a young child or a Golden Retriever how our magic trading bot trades a newly created cryptocurrency - BCC - so to guarantee our Investards at least a 30% ROI per month while the bitcoins they sent to us sit idle?"
AGM76

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:36:39 AM

"Please, prey tell, explain to me as if I'm a young child or a Golden Retriever how our magic trading bot trades a newly created cryptocurrency - BCC - so to guarantee our Investards at least a 30% ROI per month while the bitcoins they sent to us sit idle?"

Well technically bitconnect shouldn't have any of the BTC since it's traded on the exchange between other users but I just explained maybe they would be quite often the buyers since most people would be using the exchange to buy BCC rather than trade. Like I said before, I'm sure bitconnect could make guaranteed profits (other than commission on trades) on their own exchange as they have information before other traders about volume of recent BTC deposits etc so can predict the price movements. I'm not sure they do anything like that, as they had their trading bot before they even had the exchange.

So basically, the BCC is what is being lent and not the BTC (but customers only get back the USD amount which is always less BCC if the coin rises). I think they must hold a lot of the BTC too, though, by buying it on the exchange with BCC but they don't actually need to do that.

Oh, I just remembered something I heard on one of the promoter's videos (probably Craig's) is that bitconnect do have a strategy of buying bitcoins as they want to build up a reserve of it.
boulard83

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:45:33 AM

There still sadly is people who "invest" in BCC.

PC Hardware junky | Gaming • 5930K • 32gb • GTX1070 • BenQ XR3501 144hz | Server • Dual E5-2670 16c/32t • 32gb ECC • GTX1050ti • 3 SSD + Multiple HDDs
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:51:35 AM

There still sadly is people who "invest" in BCC.

Sadly, there's still kids masturbating at the risk of going blind.

See what I did there? If not, you've gone blind.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
AGM76

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:11:31 AM

Here's where he mentions bitconnect buying bitcoin: https://youtu.be/KxSeU0lfAww?t=429
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:44:08 AM

OK I need your help guys, if we couldn't mine this with CPU then why the hell did you put a CPU miner on your site? my Intel 3.7GHZ CPU could only hash 5 KH/s and I get work restart every 10 seconds, you are making a joke out of people by creating this coin, tell me the truth what kind of covert software are you using that only you and your friends mine all the blocks?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:29:36 AM

OK I need your help guys, if we couldn't mine this with CPU then why the hell did you put a CPU miner on your site? my Intel 3.7GHZ CPU could only hash 5 KH/s and I get work restart every 10 seconds, you are making a joke out of people by creating this coin, tell me the truth what kind of covert software are you using that only you and your friends mine all the blocks?

Curiosity got the cat, so I had to see for myself re your CPU claim, and sure enough it's there on this page: https://bitconnect.co/bitcoin-information/21/earn-from-bitconnect-coin-mining. What else are on that recourse page, you axe?

Once you are ready to mine BitConnect Coin, then it is recommended to join a mining pool. A mining pool are a large group of users who ‘pool’ their recourses together to solve the mathematical solution (finding a block) and the rewards are distributed proportional to work sent to the pool.

Amazing on how so many brainiacs is espousing the cred of BitConnect, handing over there money like theirs no tomorrow to so some unknown person who doesn't even have a rudimentary command of the King's English in spite of supposedly residing literally down the road from the Queen of English.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: