Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:46:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:59:09 PM

Comment
What can I say..... I thought when I clicked through the site and went to select a movie it would take hours to load. My brother is playing counterstrike, my sister and father are both using the internet and it loaded for me in less then 15 seconds. Im shocked.

Question
How will this hold up when 100's of thousands or even millions of people are watching at the same time. Is this built to scale up and if so how.

They are torrents on your browser. So i don't see any problems on that. I would be more worried on the legal issues which may ensue.

I really wouldn't worry about any legal issues unless you live in the UK which I do, so I will use a vpn if and when a potential problem arises with my ISP, to date it hasn't.. Dev team have you thought about some kind of referral advertisement for vpns, even if it is pennies adding up when you get to masses watching pure vidz it will soon add up.

Yes, VPN referrals and advertisements are a big part of our sites monetization model while it gets started. Depending on the country our users live in, VPNs could range from a convenience to a necessity so informing them of how to protect themselves while also generating revenue is a perfect fit for our site.

In our whitepaper we've listed a number of other avenues for monetization we will be using as the site grows.

Would it be possible or is it planned to have a chat on PureVidz where people can bid/buy uploads they want?
Will purevidz be holding and paying uploaders their bounties or will that be done p2p?

i'd like to know how the bounties work as well?

There are 3 types of bounties.

Global bounties are per item or time based and reward any valid content submitted to the website. There is currently a 1,000,000 VIDZ global bounty running. Those coins will be distributed to everyone who submits valid content to the website between now and the full 1.0 launch of the site following the ICO. These coins are split among contributors based on the items they submit. Global bounties happen every time the dev fund refills to a certain level.

User bounties are when a user really wants a new episode of a tv show or movie and puts a fixed amount of coins into a bounty for that particular item. These bounties are combined together and there will be a list on the website showing what is in high demand and the payout each. For example if 10 people each place a 100 vidz bounty on the new marvel movie then it has a total bounty of 1,000 tokens. 80% goes to the uploader, 10% goes to dev fund and 10% goes to the moderator who reviews the submission before approving it.

VIP bounties are the same as user bounties except that there is no fixed value and rather the payout is calculated by the system. When you buy a premium membership, a portion of the tokens used to buy it are burned, a portion are put into the dev fund and a portion are put towards your vote 'weight'. When you request items you are simply saying "I would like to watch this" and it adds it to your tracked items. When it becomes available you are alerted so that you can always keep up to date with your requests. Your hidden vote weight is then distributed among all content that you've requested that month.
Oops

Activity: 60

I dropped the cookies.

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:59:30 PM

Comment
What can I say..... I thought when I clicked through the site and went to select a movie it would take hours to load. My brother is playing counterstrike, my sister and father are both using the internet and it loaded for me in less then 15 seconds. Im shocked.

Question
How will this hold up when 100's of thousands or even millions of people are watching at the same time. Is this built to scale up and if so how.

They are torrents on your browser. So i don't see any problems on that. I would be more worried on the legal issues which may ensue.

I really wouldn't worry about any legal issues unless you live in the UK which I do, so I will use a vpn if and when a potential problem arises with my ISP, to date it hasn't.. Dev team have you thought about some kind of referral advertisement for vpns, even if it is pennies adding up when you get to masses watching pure vidz it will soon add up.

That could be a nice side income that im sure the devs would have thought about. vpn and streaming sites usually go hand in hand.
ayesha98220

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:45:48 PM

is there anyone that we can pay now to upload new films we want because it is a long way until this sales stops?? i would like to pay for fantastic beast and the office christmas party. if you hear me uploaders make my day and evening and bring me these two wonder looking films. thanks
titibach

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:22:33 PM

is there anyone that we can pay now to upload new films we want because it is a long way until this sales stops?? i would like to pay for fantastic beast and the office christmas party. if you hear me uploaders make my day and evening and bring me these two wonder looking films. thanks

There are member and people uploading movies so it is possible I guess.
You have gone the right way about it, just keep throwing out requests until they listen lol
I have a request and that is bad santa 2, i see it advertised and after the first i hold high hopes for it to be as good as the first.
hopefully!!!
ayesha98220

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:34:32 PM

You have gone the right way about it, just keep throwing out requests until they listen lol
I have a request and that is bad santa 2, i see it advertised and after the first i hold high hopes for it to be as good as the first.
hopefully!!!

i figured there would be so i will keep checking up to see if my wish has been granted. bad santa will be a nice addition as well i agree.
JohnBidwell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:58:39 PM

hopefully!!!

i figured there would be so i will keep checking up to see if my wish has been granted. bad santa will be a nice addition as well i agree.

So how does someone get a movie on there and how much do they need to pay?
Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:34:41 AM

hopefully!!!

Anyone is welcome to submit torrents to the site. There are a few limitations but here is how you would go about adding new media.

#1: Find a torrent/file you want to submit.

This can be from newsnet groups, private or public torrent trackers. For you to submit it, it first has to exist though.

#2: Make sure the file is a mp4 encoded with h264 video and aac audio.

This is to ensure compatibility with all browsers and to make sure no plugins are needed. FFMpeg is a great tool for transcoding files if its not already in the proper format (there are tens of thousands of torrents already out there in the proper format)

#3: Make sure the file is seeded using a webrtc compatible torrent client.

Vuse and WebTorrent are the two compatible clients I'm aware of so far. Advertising WebTorrent will be a big part of the site to ensure the maximum number of people are using compatible clients to feed data to the website. You can download their client at https://webtorrent.io/desktop/ - our project is built on the same open source technology and we are contributing many of our changes to their underlying code to ensure maximum compatibility.

#4: Submit the magnet link to our site.

You can immediately share the link to others but a moderator will have to ensure that the file is valid, properly labeled and properly seeded before adding it to the public search results.

There is a global bounty in effect until the 1.0 launch of the site which will split the 1kk VIDZ bounty among all files submitted to the site between now and then. You or anyone else here is welcome (and encouraged) to help populate the site using the instructions above. Primarily the content will be coming from existing torrenting groups as they are familiar with the process and already have a backlog of thousands and thousands of movies/shows.

The films you mentioned are not yet released so it's highly unlikely anyone will be able to submit them until the bluerays are released. Submitting cams is fine but they are low quality and personally I find them unwatchable.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:32:21 AM

hopefully!!!

Send a message to the corvvete08 guy. He keeps putting up movies. Maybe he can find what your looking for.
igigme77

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:09:33 AM

Comment

Question

Yes, VPN referrals and advertisements are a big part of our sites monetization model while it gets started. Depending on the country our users live in, VPNs could range from a convenience to a necessity so informing them of how to protect themselves while also generating revenue is a perfect fit for our site.

In our whitepaper we've listed a number of other avenues for monetization we will be using as the site grows.

Would it be possible or is it planned to have a chat on PureVidz where people can bid/buy uploads they want?
Will purevidz be holding and paying uploaders their bounties or will that be done p2p?

i'd like to know how the bounties work as well?

There are 3 types of bounties.

Global bounties are per item or time based and reward any valid content submitted to the website. There is currently a 1,000,000 VIDZ global bounty running. Those coins will be distributed to everyone who submits valid content to the website between now and the full 1.0 launch of the site following the ICO. These coins are split among contributors based on the items they submit. Global bounties happen every time the dev fund refills to a certain level.

User bounties are when a user really wants a new episode of a tv show or movie and puts a fixed amount of coins into a bounty for that particular item. These bounties are combined together and there will be a list on the website showing what is in high demand and the payout each. For example if 10 people each place a 100 vidz bounty on the new marvel movie then it has a total bounty of 1,000 tokens. 80% goes to the uploader, 10% goes to dev fund and 10% goes to the moderator who reviews the submission before approving it.

VIP bounties are the same as user bounties except that there is no fixed value and rather the payout is calculated by the system. When you buy a premium membership, a portion of the tokens used to buy it are burned, a portion are put into the dev fund and a portion are put towards your vote 'weight'. When you request items you are simply saying "I would like to watch this" and it adds it to your tracked items. When it becomes available you are alerted so that you can always keep up to date with your requests. Your hidden vote weight is then distributed among all content that you've requested that month.

How much will the premium membership cost and will users be able to buy one using btc or vidz or payapl, creditcard ect?

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
bittrojan

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:54:54 AM

Hello Pure Vidz Dev guy

How do I go about requesting an extension for the ico buy-in.

Its the end of the year and money is extremely tight but I definitely want to invest because a decentralized movieshare is just what this world needs right now.

I know I wont be good to invest before January 13th. Can I request an extension or buy some on credit until my next pay comes in?

And sorry again for calling this a scam a few weeks ago.

You gotta be kidding me. This aint a high school book report you get to ask for extensions on this is money, this is time, this is time and money. You dont get to request anything but you do get to invest or not. That's you're choice.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:37:04 AM

Hello Pure Vidz Dev guy

How do I go about requesting an extension for the ico buy-in.

Its the end of the year and money is extremely tight but I definitely want to invest because a decentralized movieshare is just what this world needs right now.

I know I wont be good to invest before January 13th. Can I request an extension or buy some on credit until my next pay comes in?

And sorry again for calling this a scam a few weeks ago.

Sure, they'll just extend it for you like Pinocchio's nose.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:40:45 AM

hopefully!!!

via Imgflip Meme Generator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:03:27 AM

I'm in a tough spot with this one, guys. Tech is great, I love what I see, but the big question is "how do my dollars run off and bring more friends back with them?" The idea behind price propping is by the site buying back coins off the market through its earnings. But how does it do that when you're paying the site in VIDZ? And price propping in this manner has failed every other project I'm aware of that has tried it.

Like I said, the tech is good, I love the idea behind it and think it can catch on. I just don't see the actual investment part making sense.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
the_coldplay

Activity: 168
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:04:10 AM

This seems a reliable ICO, because it has 2 famous escrows, and partial release fund system to ensure really delivery, innovative idea, wish you good luck

Are you investing? I am thinking about it myself and it looks like a good project but I am worried because I invested in declouds and that was a big scam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
the_coldplay

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:08:27 AM

I'm in a tough spot with this one, guys. Tech is great, I love what I see, but the big question is "how do my dollars run off and bring more friends back with them?" The idea behind price propping is by the site buying back coins off the market through its earnings. But how does it do that when you're paying the site in VIDZ? And price propping in this manner has failed every other project I'm aware of that has tried it.

Like I said, the tech is good, I love the idea behind it and think it can catch on. I just don't see the actual investment part making sense.

I did reading this thread, they will do advertising and that money will come in in fiat. That is probably how they will make fiat money mostly the rest will be in vidz. I dont know the numbers but I could take an educated guess that if the site has 1 million users over a year it can probably make at least 1$ per user by selling advertisements over that year for a total income of around 1 million dollars. Do you think its possible if the site gets loads of movies and tv that it gets 1 million uers? That is what im thinking about the most and that it is a scam or a virus wallet but Im starting to think less that way.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:21:08 AM

I did reading this thread, they will do advertising and that money will come in in fiat. That is probably how they will make fiat money mostly the rest will be in vidz. I dont know the numbers but I could take an educated guess that if the site has 1 million users over a year it can probably make at least 1$ per user by selling advertisements over that year for a total income of around 1 million dollars. Do you think its possible if the site gets loads of movies and tv that it gets 1 million uers? That is what im thinking about the most and that it is a scam or a virus wallet but Im starting to think less that way.

It's hard to gauge growth... in the crypto world, getting things to catch on is difficult. If it's bridged and marketed to non-crypto users as well, that would be a huge boon. It all depends on their target market and how they plan on tackling it. And this isn't information they're likely to share, which makes it impossible to decipher how successful that part will be.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
the_coldplay

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:39:17 AM

It's hard to gauge growth... in the crypto world, getting things to catch on is difficult. If it's bridged and marketed to non-crypto users as well, that would be a huge boon. It all depends on their target market and how they plan on tackling it. And this isn't information they're likely to share, which makes it impossible to decipher how successful that part will be.

But this is going to be the movie streaming world not the crypto wrorld. All they need to do is get content and do some seo and if the site is easy to use and has the content people will use it. Right? They probably wont be crypto people but advertisers generally wont be targeting us anyway. Also dev said about vpn referals, do you know how much those are worth. I dont. My main question is can the site grow for 1 million people or more in the next 6-12 months and how much is each user worth to an advertiser per year.

If it's 1$ per user or over during the year and it does catch on I dont see why purevidz cant be making 80k$ a month.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
psomas2

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:57:53 AM

People keep investing and I keep getting diluted. Sad Next time im waiting for the end to invest like all the other investors.
 Embarrassed

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
Bemerand

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:13:52 AM

Two things I like so far is that everyday i check i see new movies and they all work amazingly. But what i dont like is I cant search by genre or find any tv shows.
I know the tv shows are coming soon but why not add them now, you clearly have the ability to with the flick of a switch or a line of code.

I like movies, but im a much bigger tv  fan and a lot of the shows I prefer come from the 70's-90's so I prey people will be uploading them to PV asap when the site permits.

Going to go watch Captian America civil war and fall asleep now. Please get the tv shows up soon. T

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
psomas2

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:16:26 AM

Two things I like so far is that everyday i check i see new movies and they all work amazingly. But what i dont like is I cant search by genre or find any tv shows.
I know the tv shows are coming soon but why not add them now, you clearly have the ability to with the flick of a switch or a line of code.

I like movies, but im a much bigger tv  fan and a lot of the shows I prefer come from the 70's-90's so I prey people will be uploading them to PV asap when the site permits.

Going to go watch Captian America civil war and fall asleep now. Please get the tv shows up soon. T

TV shows are coming soon. Have some patience and enjoy the moives for now. Sheesh!

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: