Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115648 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:35:20 AM

@Gandalf86 ....its too much work for some of these fudders to look at things like that.....and realize only four wallets have over a million. much easier to just sit back and criticize without really digging and learning about this coin. Thats what leads to off the cuff remarks.

I for one have sold off over 100,000 just to spread some xspec around. It does no good to hold if all the original investors are  holding.

Looks like over 460 wallets out there now, a far cry from the less than 100 xspec wallets we had when it launched.

And, there's more new folks in our slack channel everyday.
In fact...I'm going to spread some more around and encourage any original investor to do the same.
 I will have reduced my holdings 20% when I'm done.
But i'm serious about getting more folks in XSPEC.

When that android app hits.....its going to be spec..tacular.  Cool

I have to admit I was way wrong about Spectre, and admitted as much in some PM's. I completely bailed after the recent screw job announcement about SDC/Part, and will be bringing my resources and support, and a dozen or more investors into this project. In a way it is a miracle that you guys started this coin when you did, because it preserves all the best things from this great code. Again, sorry I didn't see that sooner.

So I hope you guys will forgive my earlier comments. I look forward to seeing this coin grow and prosper, and will do my best to help out. In fact I won't rest until Spectre is bigger and more popular than that coin that just died. I was also an early investor in Darkcoin, and bailed on that one when they went PC. I just hope that this team never sells out to become politically correct, or just to make money at the expense of ditching core principles.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 06:34:31 AM

Great to see you!  Cool

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:36:24 AM

@Gandalf86 ....its too much work for some of these fudders to look at things like that.....and realize only four wallets have over a million. much easier to just sit back and criticize without really digging and learning about this coin. Thats what leads to off the cuff remarks.

I for one have sold off over 100,000 just to spread some xspec around. It does no good to hold if all the original investors are  holding.

Looks like over 460 wallets out there now, a far cry from the less than 100 xspec wallets we had when it launched.

In fact...I'm going to spread some more around and encourage any original investor to do the same.

I have to admit I was way wrong about Spectre, and admitted as much in some PM's. I completely bailed after the recent screw job announcement about SDC/Part, and will be bringing my resources and support, and a dozen or more investors into this project. In a way it is a miracle that you guys started this coin when you did, because it preserves all the best things from this great code. Again, sorry I didn't see that sooner.

So I hope you guys will forgive my earlier comments. I look forward to seeing this coin grow and prosper, and will do my best to help out. In fact I won't rest until Spectre is bigger and more popular than that coin that just died. I was also an early investor in Darkcoin, and bailed on that one when they went PC. I just hope that this team never sells out to become politically correct, or just to make money at the expense of ditching core principles.

Wow now that's what I call a U-turn Grin I tried to research what your previous posts here were, but apparently you deleted them lol. Well anyway, nice to see you here!

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Shadow_Man

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:37:10 AM

My wallet isn't working and I can't get any help in the Slack Forum.  Can someone help fix this?
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:18:45 AM

My wallet isn't working and I can't get any help in the Slack Forum.  Can someone help fix this?

Ask again, Slack is the right place for this. Make sure you explain your problem in detail.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:20:58 AM

Wow now that's what I call a U-turn Grin I tried to research what your previous posts here were, but apparently you deleted them lol. Well anyway, nice to see you here!

I've been majorly wrong a few times in my life, and I like to think I'm intelligent enough to change direction when I am. This is definitely one of those moments.

In the process of taking a financial position, and getting some friends on board. Full speed ahead!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:45:22 AM

terrible initial distribution

devs not known

the copy and paste of sdc isn't worth much

I hear a few sdc forks are coming after all the drama - the one with the seemingly fairest distribution and best developer will win.

xspec = spec

sdc's market place is the most complex of the entire project that will be impossible to clone for a non top tier developer.

if you had redistributed on the exchanges at a reasonable rate from 83 sats to 500 sats early on there could be argument for the distribution but i noted it was instantly hiked to the 1000's and still hoarded by very few.

that killed the project.

the same handful of people in this echo chamber going round and round should give you a clue that hoarding it and ransoming it off for 1000's of sats is never going to work. Better you all had retained half and sold the rest for nearer ico levels for months. Even then it would be criticized I am sure.

Initial distribution is key to a project.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:48:11 PM

Let me sort that a bit because you're jumping back and forth with your arguments ...  Roll Eyes

terrible initial distribution

I hear a few sdc forks are coming after all the drama - the one with the seemingly fairest distribution and best developer will win.

if you had redistributed on the exchanges at a reasonable rate from 83 sats to 500 sats early on there could be argument for the distribution but i noted it was instantly hiked to the 1000's and still hoarded by very few.

that killed the project.

Initial distribution is key to a project.

Then explain to me how the initial distribution of a coin affects the developer's ability to deliver a working product that is going to be widely used?  Huh Price and distribution are not the concern of most serious developers - it's none of their business, developers are developing the software, traders are trading, and nobody I know really cares about the distribution of any coin as long as it works. Also, as I said earlier, the current distribution of Spectre is not even that bad.

devs not known

All developers in Slack are using their real name.

the copy and paste of sdc isn't worth much

True - that's why the point of this project is not to clone SDC. It's just a base to start from.

xspec = spec

Not sure what your point is?

sdc's market place is the most complex of the entire project that will be impossible to clone for a non top tier developer.

Spectre devs think that binding a currency to a market place is a bad idea, that's why they are just focusing only on the currency itself.

the same handful of people in this echo chamber going round and round should give you a clue that hoarding it and ransoming it off for 1000's of sats is never going to work. Better you all had retained half and sold the rest for nearer ico levels for months. Even then it would be criticized I am sure.

Well there isn't much to talk about here ... everyone is just chatting and waiting for the beta App to be released.

BonzoCorleone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

@bonzocorleonee

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:17:29 PM

People are goddamn strange.

When there is ICO with expensive price, they will complain, and will be mad if it goes below ICO after it hits exchange.
And when there are ICO with cheap price, and price is much higher than ICO price, they still complain.

I missed the ICO aswell, and only got chance to buy from 700-1500 range, and im still really really happy about it, because in my opinion spectrecash have so much potential, and its still very undervalued right now.

Those who got at ico were super lucky, even i still consider my self  very very lucky man to got xspec at this price.

Keep your Alts close, but your Bitcoin closer.
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:54:02 PM

Progress update

The main issue at the moment is the Windows build so we have hired an extra programmer to address this specific task and what we are doing is the following:

1. Script for installing build dependencies on clean Windows setup
2. Script for building Qt with WebKit statically
3. Script for building the spectrecoin.exe with the Qt version from previous step
4. Building the Qt and app binaries for testing
5. Vagrantfile to run everything inside a VM

This work will likely be completed at the end of this week and we will have a standalone executable for Windows without any dependencies. The scripts will then enable us to quickly build new Windows versions so we don’t have this issue again as we make code updates.

So, if you are a Windows user, be patient for a few days more and it will all come together.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:28:56 PM

Progress update

The main issue at the moment is the Windows build so we have hired an extra programmer to address this specific task and what we are doing is the following:

3. Script for building the spectrecoin.exe with the Qt version from previous step

This work will likely be completed at the end of this week and we will have a standalone executable for Windows without any dependencies. The scripts will then enable us to quickly build new Windows versions so we don’t have this issue again as we make code updates.

So, if you are a Windows user, be patient for a few days more and it will all come together.

Nice to see everything getting fixed step by step.  Smiley

Beachguy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 07:53:59 PM

Sounds good....and I might add the wallet works fine staking and all, new folks get thrown off at the C++ errors at the close that don't really mean anything.
Also, as I understand it...the linux and Mac versions are fine.
Thanks for keep us up to date, means a lot.

Beachguy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 09:13:24 PM

When there is ICO with expensive price, they will complain, and will be mad if it goes below ICO after it hits exchange.
And when there are ICO with cheap price, and price is much higher than ICO price, they still complain.

I missed the ICO aswell, and only got chance to buy from 700-1500 range, and im still really really happy about it, because in my opinion spectrecash have so much potential, and its still very undervalued right now.

Those who got at ico were super lucky, even i still consider my self  very very lucky man to got xspec at this price.

You got it.....but...

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:58:07 PM

I too missed the ICO due to my own stubbornness, and ultimate faith in the SDC group that screwed a lot of people. I'm still hoping to pickup a small stake of Spectre coins, and I'm watching for dips in the price that usually happen. I think the relatively strong initial price speaks for the fantastic code, and the prospect of a coin that fulfills the original intent of that code. I can definitely see multiples of the current price in the not too distant future. No doubt there will be many more coins coming that use this core, and again it proves what some of us already understand. I also agree with other comments that we need a larger user base, but that takes time. It comes with fresh development, features, and excitement about where this project is headed.  
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:05:13 AM

Progress update

Patience, and long term faith has worked very well for me. The prospect of these updates is exciting!

Thanks for letting us know!
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:34:47 AM

Just bought a little of this.

Two questions:

1) Can you find someone decent at graphics?  Your graphics look absolutely horrible.

2) Will it be marketed to Islamics?  With an Arab language wallet, etc.?
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:27:51 AM

1) Can you find someone decent at graphics?  Your graphics look absolutely horrible.

What don't you like about the graphics? I like it lol.

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:18:57 AM

What don't you like about the graphics? I like it lol.

I love the graphics, and vote we don't change them.
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

I didn't realize this was a "democracy." 

You really think this:

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/788a14a74f0cb0002fa9737576be0a3396446dd2/687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6331716f3757482e706e67

looks professional?

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

Yes, Sir!  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: