Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner  (Read 2164088 times)
Precision

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:16:15 PM

My miner has been working fine for months but all of a sudden I get this:

ERROR: Incorrect stratum user: ""
ERROR: No properly configured pool!

The information in the bat file has always been the same. I'm not sure why the miner isn't reading it this time. I have the latest version of the miner.

Anybody else having these issues?

Would be greatly appreciated if someone can give an input.

Thanks!

hack? pool problem?
share your config maybe

I don't think it's a hack or pool problem. I have 2 other rigs with the same config and they connect with the pool. I figured there is something wrong with the software and how it communicates to windows 10. I've reinstalled the miner and same problem persists. I added "pause" on the next line so I could see those error messages.
crypper

Activity: 239
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:35:20 PM

The information in the bat file has always been the same. I'm not sure why the miner isn't reading it this time. I have the latest version of the miner.

Thanks!

hack? pool problem?
share your config maybe

I don't think it's a hack or pool problem. I have 2 other rigs with the same config and they connect with the pool. I figured there is something wrong with the software and how it communicates to windows 10. I've reinstalled the miner and same problem persists. I added "pause" on the next line so I could see those error messages.

Dude, no offence, but what kind of help do you expect without providing any details?
What is you miner version? what is your pool? what is your config? Also what do you mean by re-installed miner? ewbf doesn't require any installation.
Precision

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:38:36 PM

Thanks!

hack? pool problem?
share your config maybe

Dude, no offence, but what kind of help do you expect without providing any details?
What is you miner version? what is your pool? what is your config? Also what do you mean by re-installed miner? ewbf doesn't require any installation.

I see, my bad.

Here's my config: miner.exe --server zen.suprnova.cc --user (myusername) --pass (mypassword) --port 3618

I have the latest version of the miner. By reinstalled I mean, delete miner, clean registry. Then redownload.
crypper

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:49:26 PM

Thanks!

hack? pool problem?
share your config maybe

I see, my bad.

Here's my config: miner.exe --server zen.suprnova.cc --user (myusername) --pass (mypassword) --port 3618

I have the latest version of the miner. By reinstalled I mean, delete miner, clean registry. Then redownload.

it should be  username.rigname. Your config works fine for me with my suprnova credentials, so it's not a pool problem. Do you download miner from first page of the thread?
Precision

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:53:59 PM

Thanks!

hack? pool problem?
share your config maybe

I see, my bad.

it should be  username.rigname. Your config works fine for me with my suprnova credentials, so it's not a pool problem. Do you download miner from first page of the thread?

Yes I have it set up as username.rigname . Yes i downloaded the miner from the 1st page of this thread.
crypper

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:03:05 PM

Thanks!

hack? pool problem?
share your config maybe

I see, my bad.

Yes I have it set up as username.rigname . Yes i downloaded the miner from the 1st page of this thread.

Well the only things that come to my mind (considering that errors clearly indicate incorrect pool configuration) are: 1. ensure you can still log on their server/website with your credentials; 2. ensure there is no extra space or dash somewhere in the config; 3. try some other equihash coin on suprnova (BTG, ZEC).
Precision

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:05:45 PM

Thanks!

hack? pool problem?
share your config maybe

I see, my bad.

Well the only things that come to my mind (considering that errors clearly indicate incorrect pool configuration) are: 1. ensure you can still log on their server/website with your credentials; 2. ensure there is no extra space or dash somewhere in the config; 3. try some other equihash coin on suprnova (BTG, ZEC).

Hmm this is very weird indeed. I have 2 other rigs with the same config and they are running smoothly as we speak. I don't know why this rig stopped all of a sudden. Thank you for your time though.
crypper

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:17:45 PM

Hmm this is very weird indeed. I have 2 other rigs with the same config and they are running smoothly as we speak. I don't know why this rig stopped all of a sudden. Thank you for your time though.

Also why not try MiningPoolHub? They can autoswitch your rigs between coins (you will mine the most profitable coin at the moment) and autoexchange everything to a coin of your choice. Just point your EWBF to their server and choose autoswitch for equihash (they have 4 coins: Zen, BTG, Zec, ZCL). BTG is the most profitable at the moment according to WhatToMine. So you can potentially increase profits, also it may solve your problem with the miner.
dreamlikestate

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:22:40 PM

Bump for my previous posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.msg26163120#msg26163120 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.msg26172226#msg26172226
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:31:46 PM

I think the GPU you try to test it with is too old/unsupported, only maxwell and pascal cards with EWBF.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:23:57 AM

Running a Linux system so I am using a .sh file to start the miner:
Code:
sudo ./miner --server us1-zcash.flypool.org --user <taddr> --pass x --port 3333 --cuda_devices 0 1 2 3

Figured I'd tinker around with this before investing into some decent GPU's, so I am testing the miner with an old machine and fresh OS... (don't laugh  Grin) Core2 Quad Nvidia Geforce 7100/630i Driver: 304.137 Linux Mint 18.2.

providing that this card could be used (I don't know), drag the miner executable out of the folder (this way, you don't have to go to a folder) into home dir, then
Code:
chmod u+x miner

Then, in terminal, use the string even without sudo (no need to do anything else)
niceacrobtc

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:16:35 AM

How about you take the 2mn that took you to ask the question and read the main page of the pool and your account page ? it's all explained...

Because i went there et didn't see those informations... Roll Eyes as a guest so i think i have to register to know this information..
Soooo i prefered to ask to this community before register...

Sorry for inconvenience and sorry to ask some questions in a thread about questions...

Asking a question is fine as long as you did your job really looking around... and you didn't  Roll Eyes Angry

No need to be registered for...

https://btg.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=tac

Code:
The Pool rewards miners according to a PPLNS system with 1% fee. The fee may change at any time, but notice will be given before doing so. Any fee change will be communicated through the pools news page.

To know the minimum payout, you have to create an account, but i guess it's easier to spend 2mn writing a question to be spoonfed the answer, than register and discover the information yourself from your account page...  Huh

Code:
0.001 - 8000 BTG. Set to '0' for no auto payout. A 0.0001 BTG TX fee will apply

Ok, thank you for your answer

A newbie among the newbies
jpl

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:07:01 AM

Is anyone using anything other than zcash4win?  I heard its not a great idea to keep coins on a site, so I'm using this.
crypper

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:41:24 AM

Is anyone using anything other than zcash4win?  I heard its not a great idea to keep coins on a site, so I'm using this.

I would first ask: "Is anyone else using zcash4win?" Or even "has anyone ever heard about zcash4win?". And also probably not in this thread; this thread is about EWBF (regardless of what the hell that zcash4win is)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:20:07 AM

Never heard of it, my ZEC mining has pretty much always been to flypool direct to an exchange address - and cash it out usually daily, sometimes twice in a day.

I did have the rigs pointed at Nicehash equihash pool for a while, but then Nicehash got hacked.....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Miner2525

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:29:48 PM

Can we get a --retry option so it doesn't retry three times and waste five minutes?
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:50:55 PM

Can we get a --retry option so it doesn't retry three times and waste five minutes?

How about you setup failover pools instead ?
Glabashmoj

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:31:27 PM

Also why not try MiningPoolHub? They can autoswitch your rigs between coins (you will mine the most profitable coin at the moment) and autoexchange everything to a coin of your choice. Just point your EWBF to their server and choose autoswitch for equihash (they have 4 coins: Zen, BTG, Zec, ZCL). BTG is the most profitable at the moment according to WhatToMine. So you can potentially increase profits, also it may solve your problem with the miner.

Great idea, I've looked at minipoolhub, but I'm totally overwhelmed and Lost with options and settings.

Don't know where to start or how to.
I've tried,but only got more confused fiddling with settings.
Witch port to set if I want only equhash algo but autoswitch to different coins?

Could you please share how a bat file should look like.
Maybe this way it could help me to figure it out and clear some of confusions.
Ty

crypper

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:55:43 PM

Great idea, I've looked at minipoolhub, but I'm totally overwhelmed and Lost with options and settings.

Don't know where to start or how to.
I've tried,but only got more confused fiddling with settings.
Witch port to set if I want only equhash algo but autoswitch to different coins?

Could you please share how a bat file should look like.
Maybe this way it could help me to figure it out and clear some of confusions.
Ty

true, their website is not very user friendly and confusing; just because they do have a lot of mining options with autoswitches and autoexchanges and their own miners compilations.
Just start mining with a single miner on a single coin without algo/coin autoswitches and without autoexchanges. Monitor it for several days, make sure you are happy with hashrates and earnings, then slowly learn new things.
This config will let you start with BTG:
Code:
:start
miner.exe --server europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --user username.Worker --pass x --port 20595 --api 127.0.0.1:42000 --log 2 --fee 0 --pec
timeout 1
goto start
Replace port with 17023 for autoswitching between 4 equihash coins.
It does take some time but you will figure it out eventually.
jpl

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:16:24 AM

I would first ask: "Is anyone else using zcash4win?" Or even "has anyone ever heard about zcash4win?". And also probably not in this thread; this thread is about EWBF (regardless of what the hell that zcash4win is)

Its a local wallet instead of having your coins on someone else's server. 

Thanks quinto also for the info.
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: