Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger  (Read 186279 times)
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:50:25 PM

Shame QRL is starting to bleed now while most other alts are starting to recover or jumping insanely.. I expect QRL to rebound over 10k over the next few days/weeks as this bull run has affected most markets. Not sure if it will stay there though, not until mainnet at least.

Look lads...

We are up about 100% in a month in terms of FIAT and we are close to the 0.00008 BTC line where we were a month ago (see below pic).

So the only one really bleeding here is Sammy.

Not exactly, the ones who bleed are the bag holders that bought back in june 2017 at the all time high. I didnt buy a lot at that time, but I bought the high, because I listened to some dude while I was really inexperienced. Well lesson learned. Never ever listen to anyone on the internet. I hope we will pass that level at some point again when mainnet is released. I still think its good to have some QRL in the wallet and plan to hold it long term, also bought some more recently, but to finally be in the greens would also be nice!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:53:40 PM

Shame QRL is starting to bleed now while most other alts are starting to recover or jumping insanely.. I expect QRL to rebound over 10k over the next few days/weeks as this bull run has affected most markets. Not sure if it will stay there though, not until mainnet at least.

Look lads...

We are up about 100% in a month in terms of FIAT and we are close to the 0.00008 BTC line where we were a month ago (see below pic).

Top comment, hilarious. Yeah that's true fiat value is holding well, I would expect and uptrend to start any time in the near future.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:57:40 PM

Look lads...

Not exactly, the ones who bleed are the bag holders that bought back in june 2017 at the all time high. I didnt buy a lot at that time, but I bought the high, because I listened to some dude while I was really inexperienced. Well lesson learned. Never ever listen to anyone on the internet. I hope we will pass that level at some point again when mainnet is released. I still think its good to have some QRL in the wallet and plan to hold it long term, also bought some more recently, but to finally be in the greens would also be nice!

History lesson 1.

What other coin was it that first had a small peak of close to 3$ then dropped all the way down to 0.40$ (even more so in terms of BTC) then almost a year later rallied to a peak of 18$ and is now at 700+$ ?

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:16:04 AM

Look lads...

History lesson 1.

What other coin was it that first had a small peak of close to 3$ then dropped all the way down to 0.40$ (even more so in terms of BTC) then almost a year later rallied to a peak of 18$ and is now at 700+$ ?

Nice mate, thanks for this history lesson! You made my day! Would be awesome to see QRL trade at similar levels one day. Im sure while Ethereum was trading this low, nobody could imagine that it would trade this high one day, same goes for me now with QRL. However Im going to hold QRL forever anyways Smiley
simon_ngo

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:54:59 AM

Look lads...

History lesson 1.

https://image.ibb.co/cW71FR/ETH_history.jpg

Nice mate, thanks for this history lesson! You made my day! Would be awesome to see QRL trade at similar levels one day. Im sure while Ethereum was trading this low, nobody could imagine that it would trade this high one day, same goes for me now with QRL. However Im going to hold QRL forever anyways Smiley

Yeah, I'll hold QRL to hit at least $500 first
Fun: I just make my swear: If QRL hit $500, I will wear T-shirt with QRL logo all days in 3 years. If QRL hit $1000, I will make a QRL tattoo on my body Smiley
Hopefully, I will show you this tattoo in a near day Smiley

@WilderX: can you share me your signature code? Thanks!
tdcp

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:24:23 AM

GUYS WHAT THE HECKING CRAP WHERE IS MAINNET ALREADY??!!! AND WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE FAKE SCAMMY DETAILED TWITTER UPDATES ABOUT THE PROJECT?!!! HAHA LIKE ANYONE IS FALLING FOR THAT

TESTNET SHMESTNET ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!!!

YOURE ALL NOTHING BUT BTC STEALING DISCORD BANNING PYTHON SCRIPT MONKEYS
rumpel_tusk

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:09:19 PM

GUYS WHAT THE HECKING CRAP WHERE IS MAINNET ALREADY??!!! AND WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE FAKE SCAMMY DETAILED TWITTER UPDATES ABOUT THE PROJECT?!!! HAHA LIKE ANYONE IS FALLING FOR THAT

TESTNET SHMESTNET ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!!!

YOURE ALL NOTHING BUT BTC STEALING DISCORD BANNING PYTHON SCRIPT MONKEYS
You okay there, bud?
LEILO

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:11:30 AM

We need main net and a working wallet. This coin is underlooked  and undervalued...

Perhaps we should announce a FAKE PARTNERSHIP with MICROSOFT and throw in a CENTRAL BANK to COORDINATE the consensus! Yes that would do it!

No. Hello from the other side.

The. Why the fuccccc you mofos bullshit....give bullshit and fake dates .......a real man keeps his word but a motherfuccccccer..............
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:03:12 AM

Blog update from founder!

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/statefulness-and-security-fd0a5c07e7b6

Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:21:02 PM

I think the technology behind QRL is very complex and I really hope we can get a successful launch of the main net soon.

I beleive this can be a really big crypto of the future and that when people start to see the need for this then having QRL already established the base technology will be amazing times for this coin.

But because the technology is so complex and we are talking about a long time here before BlcokChain technology becomes vulnerable to Quantum Computing I ave a hard time seeing this as a huge gainer in the short term. Mostly because crypto investors are mostly/always looking for what they can make money on now not 20 years from now. The persons interested in QRL are real long term people and see the potential I think but for that to work ou ahve to be really disiplined.

I am not sure I am disiplined enough to hold this coin for 10 years to see the amazing gains when awareness begins to increase. I really like this coin and want to find reasons to keep increasing my stake in it but do you see any huge gains being made in QRL in 2018 already?! PLease convince me, I am looking for reasons to HOLD Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Dezeyay

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:01:21 PM

Convince yourself by knowing a lot of people think like you do. “Quantum computers. Ok, I read that’s like 10 years from now. I’ll be back later.” And after finnishing that thought most look no further into the complete aspects of the project.
Price is undervalued. Buy now, and a 25% gain next year, will be a 100%+ gain on your investment you put down now, because it will be doubled by then a few times. Emagin you bought ETH for a few bucks.

But QRL doesn't only focus on quantum resistance. It's their primary focus before launch, because after launch it's to late to become 100% resistant. Look at the list of things below of things to come, and keep in mind that the base of these things is 1 of the most secure cryptography around, if not THE most secure, and therefore the most safe there is. People put their hard earned cash in crypto, safety is for most one of the biggest priorities. And not just the safety of your money has quantum secure cryptography as protection, AL of the below has this high end security feature:
   •   PQ secure digital identification
   •   Blockchain based ultra secure digital ID.
   •   Leveraging Ephemeral messaging layer with off chain services: PQ secure data channels, PQ secure comms, PQ secure messenger services, PQ secure VOIP, maybe even in the future PQ secure VPN. They actually had their first milestone on this subject a while ago: QRL managed to create a working, blockchain-based, decentralized, ephemeral, post-quantum cryptography secure textmessage conversation. https://twitter.com/QRLedger/status/935620455922364416
so that is:
- Blockchain-based and decentralized: we all know what that means. But now instead of the bank, you take out the phone company.
- Ephemeral: like snapchat, the message isn't stored anywhere, so it's a burn after reading, where the burning happens automaticly.
- And it's also like whatsapp where only the sender and the receiver get to be able to read the encrypted message.
- Post-quantum cryptography: meaning not even a quantum computer can hack this data. It's quantum secure.
Lots of people think: "Well, who cares, an upgraded message service.." Here's the thing: it's maybe a few words now, but still, it's data being transferred. Doesn't have to be text, can be any kind of data in the future. This opens the door to the PQ secure list mentioned at the beginning of this bulletpoint.
   •   PQ secure provenance and proof-of-existence services.
   •   Feasibility of smart contract integration. (!)
   •   PoS with no minimum amount needed to stake. Also possible on low cost, low energy device like Rasp Pi3.
   •   Ledgerwallet

Other than that, the development of quantum computers will be a lot faster than 10 years.
See how development speed up this year. The media didn't connect those dots yet. (51 qubit quantum computer = quantum supremacy where it is more powerfull than a supercomputer.)
- 2010: They had a 3 qubit quantum computer working that calculated the energy spectrum of molecular hydrogen to high precision. So that day the part where anybody doubted quantum computers woull be realized some day AND would have usefull working coding, was vaporized. There are still people saying, "well it's just theory now, not sure if quantum computers will even exist." They missed this news. Its already functional, now they need to get them powerfull enough to outgrow supercomputers.
That's happening fast now:
- IBM may 2017 made a 16 qubit quantum computer
- IBM nov 2017 made a 50 qubit quantum computer
- Google announced to have a 51 qubit quantum computer at the end of 2017
- 2017: Microsoft reveals an unnamed quantum programming language, integrated with Visual Studio. Programs can be executed locally on a 32-qubit simulator, or a 40-qubit simulator on Azure. They made it into a quantum coding development kit. Coding will develop fast now.

Now that’s just a short list of the tip of the iceberg of development. There are tons of companies working on coding and hardware development. It’s an arms race speeding up.

But don’t forget the secret projects of banks, agencies and countries like USA, China, Russia etc. They won’t give up how far their development is.

Now don't buy in out of fear for quantum computers. Buy in because it's a great sollid project.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:12:24 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-researchers-reveal-first-ever-complete-quantum-chip-architecture
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:21:19 PM

I think the technology behind QRL is very complex and I really hope we can get a successful launch of the main net soon.

I beleive this can be a really big crypto of the future and that when people start to see the need for this then having QRL already established the base technology will be amazing times for this coin.

But because the technology is so complex and we are talking about a long time here before BlcokChain technology becomes vulnerable to Quantum Computing I ave a hard time seeing this as a huge gainer in the short term. Mostly because crypto investors are mostly/always looking for what they can make money on now not 20 years from now. The persons interested in QRL are real long term people and see the potential I think but for that to work ou ahve to be really disiplined.

I am not sure I am disiplined enough to hold this coin for 10 years to see the amazing gains when awareness begins to increase. I really like this coin and want to find reasons to keep increasing my stake in it but do you see any huge gains being made in QRL in 2018 already?! PLease convince me, I am looking for reasons to HOLD Smiley

It's soooo tradeable.
LEILO

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:51:33 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 07:20:57 AM by LEILO

We need main net and a working wallet. This coin is underlooked  and undervalued...

Perhaps we should announce a FAKE PARTNERSHIP with MICROSOFT and throw in a CENTRAL BANK to COORDINATE the consensus! Yes that would do it!

No. Hello from the other side.

Then why you mofos bullshit too much.....if you can't produce  and create a working wallet......I want to spit on your face .......take my word nigg.....
Dezeyay

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:02:30 AM

Hi Mofo, nice you join the discussion. There is no working wallet because mainnet hasn't launched yet. It's an ERC20 token so you can use MEW as a wallet for now.
faster30

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:06:23 PM

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

At the end of the article it says "The risks associated with the quantum computing, however, are somewhat distant, potentially giving researchers time to build encryption ‘patches’ that will handle the quantum computing risks."

Is that really possible ? How much time do u think let's say BTC would need to 'patch' their blockchain to become Quantum Resistant?
Dezeyay

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:02:25 PM

They can never protect all their coins. See below why:

As to other already existing cryptocurrencies forking into quantum proof crypto, there is a huge problem that's worth mentioning: even if they successfully fork their blockchain into a quantum proof crypto, their old coins can still be hacked as if they where not protected by quantum proof cryptography. Here's why:
    Whether you hard-fork like BTC and end up with 2 coins like BTC and BCH or whether you hard-fork like ETH where you end up with 1 coin: after the fork, your coins or coin will be where you had your old coin: in a wallet or an exchange. This means it’s still accessible through your old private key. This old private key is NOT quantum proof, that's simply how forking works, you can't just make the old private key disappear. If the new coin wouldn’t be connected with the old private key, how would it end up in your wallet/ exchange and be accessible for you? So to finalize the quantum proof update, you will need to move your quantum proof coin to another wallet. That way you leave the old private key behind you with the old wallet. Your coins in your new wallet will only be accessible with your new quantum proof private key. Simple right? Guess what:
    • Not everybody will do that. That’s just human nature. (People don't read, or read half, don't understand, postpone, don't care, don't know how or don't see the poin in any other way)

• There are a lot of coins lost or unaccessible because people lost their password or got locked out in another way. It happens a lot. So especially with coins that exist for a while like BTC and ETH, there are a lot of coins that nobody even CAN move to a new wallet. All these coins will still be accessable through the old private key after "quantum proving" the blockchain.
    [/li]
    [/list]
    So lots of new quantum proof coins, will not be moved away from the old private key and be accessible through both their old private key and their new quantum proof private key. It’s like when your house has a cardboard front door anybody can walk through. And to fix that, your make an new unbreakable door and install that as your backdoor, while leaving your front door as it was. As long as you don’t build a brick wall where your cardboard door is, people can still walk in your house and steal your stuff.

Thank you for this explanation. I was wondering about Quantum resistance is something that could be developed for existing Blockchains through forks. As I understand it you say that it could be possible?! Then the market for QRL might be a bit diminished since it is going to be hard to replace brand names sush as BitCoin.

The best thing for QRL would be proof of concept of that a quantum computer can break BitCoin encryption before they even lifted this as a risk. Since then people will panic and look somewhere else. It is for this that QRL will need a strong brand name to get people to flock to it.

No, you don't get it. I did not say it can be done. The question if a blockchain can be made quantum proof by forking is a different discussion, but is not relevant. Why? Because it would be useless even if it COULD be done. The point is this, and I will try to explain again below:
    ALL existing crypto with coins or tokens out (ERC20 or the final product), can NEVER quantum-secure all their existing coins/ tokens and will therefore be at risk of having coins hacked and mass sold when quantum computers are in full function.
    So let me rephrase that for clarity: even if they could upgrade their blockchain to a quantum secure blockchain, they can’t automatically secure the coins people own. These coins can still be hacked after a quantum proof update.

I’ll try to explain again but I’ll have to start at the beginning, so don’t blame me if it sounds basic:
    A crypto has coins (or tokens). These coins are stored in wallets or on an exchange. As an owner of these coins, you want to be the only one to be able to access the coins and move them if you wish. So to protect your property, your coins are stored on an address: your public key. Your private key gives you the authorization to move them to another address (on an exchange it’s different because you don’t have the private key there yourself, but the result is the same: if someone cracks the main private key, they can steal your coins). Your public key can be known by others and is public, but your private key obviously not. If anybody gets your private key, they can get access and steal your coins.
    Now how do you get these public and private keys? If you get a public key (address), the blockchain gives you the private key that comes with that public key. If you lose the private key, you will be locked out of the public key (the address) and you will never be able to get your coins out of there ever again. Blockchains can’t just email you a new private key, because the only way a blockchain knows you’re the owner, is if you show the private key. So if you lose it, you can’t prove anything, and your locked out for good. That is why blockchains are so secure.
    So the only access to your coins that are stored on your public key, is through your private key. Private keys can not be hacked by normal computers. But quantum computers can hack the normal private keys. Now if a blockchain is quantum proof, they give you a public key with a quantum proof private key. So this private key can not be hacked by a quantum computer, and your coins are safe in that case. Now you think “ok, so if a blockchain upgrades to a quantum proof blockchain, the problem is solved”. But the problem is, if a blockchain already exists, there are millions of coins out there that NEED to be accessible by their owners after the fork or upgrade.

To understand why that is a problem, and why that can’t be solved, we need to understand how a fork works: so how can a blockchain be upgraded and still give the owners of the coins access to their coins.
    After the fork, everybody needs to have the exact same amount of coins they had before the fork. So there will be a 1:1 tokenswap. Everyone who owns an amount of tokens of the old blockchain, will own that same amount of tokens of the new blockchain. To accomplish that, you will NEED to keep the old private keys active until the owner moves it’s coins to a new address: a public key that is accessible only through a new quantum proof private key. (Maybe another option would be that you wouldn’t need to move your coins to a new address, but the old private key would be de-activated after you claimed your new quantum proof private key. I don’t know if this last option is even possible, but if it would be possible, it would still mean that your old private key needs to be active after the fork until the owner uses it and actively de-activates it.)
    So: 

- The blockchain "knows" the amount of tokens you have at that specific time, and thus the amount of tokens you are entitled to, by looking at your public key. (Like for example etherscan does.)

- They can only send these tokens to its rightful owner, by sending them to that exact public key (address). That way it is guaranteed that only the rightful owner can access them, because only he has access to that address (The old private key and old public key). So then the new coins are on you old address, that is still accessible through your old private key. Now, even if it would technically possible, the blockchain can't erase the old private key or replace it with a new one, because then the owner would not be able to access his coins. Remember: he doesn’t HAVE the new private key. It’s not like you can get your new private key by email. So the blockchain needs to allow you to enter with your old private key, even if they just upgraded itself to a quantum proof blockchain. So your coins are NOT protected by that blockchains new and improved quantum proof private keys. Not until you have accessed your coins through your old private key. Then you would need to move them, or de-activate the old private key to lock your coins up in a way that it’s only accessible with a quantum proof private key.

So what you need to understand is this: after a blockchain is upgraded to a quantum secure blockchain, ALL coins are still accessible through the old private keys, and therefore still hackable by quantum computers. So even though this blockchain can claim to be quantum proof, their coins are NOT until the owner accesses them and takes action.

Now we come to the next point I wrote before, where you will see why a big amount of the coins of an upgraded blockchain will never become quantum secure:

- Not all owners of coins will take the necessary action. That’s just human nature. (People don't read, or read half, don't understand, postpone, don't care, don't know how or don't see the point in any other way)

- There are a lot of coins without an actual active owner: the owners lost their private key, their password or got locked out in another way. It happens a lot. So especially with coins that exist for a while like BTC and ETH, there are a lot of coins that nobody even CAN move to a new wallet. Don’t underestimate the total amount of these coins. All these coins will still be accessible through the old private key after "quantum proving" the blockchain because the owners need to move them, or de-activate the old private key to lock your coins up with a quantum proof private key.

So lots of new quantum proof coins, will not be moved away from the old private key and be accessible through both their old private key and their new quantum proof private key. It’s like when your house has a cardboard front door anybody can walk through. And to fix that, your make an new unbreakable door and install that as your backdoor, while leaving your front door as it was. As long as you don’t build a brick wall where your cardboard door is, people can still walk in your house and steal your stuff.
    So the only conclusion can be: Even if you could upgrade an existing blockchain to a quantum proof blockchain (and wether or not that is possible is still open for discussion), then still, a big part of their circulating supply can be hacked. Is that a problem? Yes, even if you move and secure your own coins, if others are stolen and sold, your coins will drop in value dramatically, and panic sales would be all around.
    LEILO

View Profile
    December 17, 2017, 07:04:30 PM

Hi Mofo, nice you join the discussion. There is no working wallet because mainnet hasn't launched yet. It's an ERC20 token so you can use MEW as a wallet for now.

Word up bastard...✌️
    Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
    Merit: 14

View Profile
    December 18, 2017, 07:02:29 AM

Do you know if anonymity/privacy will be included in QRL or will it be similar to BitCoin in that regard?! That is to say, not fully anonymous but not easily traceable either?
    I think privacy and identity protection is an important point right now within cryptos and I wondered if QRL has a platform to build on this?!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
    ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
    Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
    freelotus

Activity: 518

View Profile
    December 18, 2017, 08:04:02 AM

The discussion on protection from a quantum computer at the moment is very interesting. As I understand it is still necessary to solve a lot of problems. Even if a solution is created to protect against a quantum computer for a Btc network, users will first have to transfer their coins to another Blockchain using their private key, and then either deactivate this key or transfer their coins again to a new address. For most people this problem is not quite clear at the moment, but soon everything will change.
    Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
      Print  

Jump to: