Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:50:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317677 times)
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 03:04:45 PM

Again, SmartLikes will have nothing in common with tipping and RDD or STEEM features,
it's an idea which had been maturing for years and now when it's almost implemented, do you suggest just to drop this project?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ddd12md

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:10:18 PM

Is v1.862.1.0$Format:%h$-beta version fo MOON wallet still usable?

Synchronization of wallet got stuck on block#1115950. But block explorer shows that we are on a block#1113366 Huh
john312

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:11:56 PM

Truly oldschool project.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 03:14:58 PM

Synchronization of wallet got stuck on block#1115950. But block explorer shows that we are on a block#1113366 Huh

Of course, not, it's an old wallet which is not supported any longer.
Don't try to use it. Update it to 0.10.5 from the OP.
Have a look at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon,
100 % nodes are on a 0.10.5.

ddd12md

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:25:58 PM

Have sent some millions coins from it) As I understood have to say goodbye to that coins?)))
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:26:39 PM

Again, SmartLikes will have nothing in common with tipping and RDD or STEEM features,
it's an idea which had been maturing for years and now when it's almost implemented, do you suggest just to drop this project?

In which way does it differ from solutions like RDD or STEEM, only that it is more/too complicated to use?
If it was developed for years outside of Mooncoin already, then it should be treated as such. If one does not want to drop it, maybe the best decision would be to separate it from Mooncoin and run it as an independent entity (of course MoonLite as a separate currency still could be traded for Mooncoin on exchanges). This is recommended anyway, as it runs centralized on a single server and needs a separated infrastructure to be maintained, which is why there's a danger, that the really relevant things for Mooncoin as such to maintain will be neglected (like the stuck blockchain).

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 03:29:50 PM

Have sent some millions coins from it) As I understood have to say goodbye to that coins?)))

If you made a backup of your wallet before,
just download a new version of wallet and replace a wallet.dat file with your old backuped wallet.dat.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 03:34:23 PM

In which way does it differ from solutions like RDD or STEEM, only that it is more/too complicated to use?
If it was developed for years outside of Mooncoin already, then it should be treated as such. If one does not want to drop it, maybe the best decision would be to separate it from Mooncoin and run it as an independent entity (of course MoonLite as a separate currency still could be traded for Mooncoin on exchanges). This is recommended anyway, as it runs centralized on a single server and needs a separated infrastructure to be maintained, which is why there's a danger, that the really relevant things for Mooncoin as such to maintain will be neglected (like the stuck blockchain).

On a single server there was only a block explorer for ML, not ML itself,
besides, it was a test version.
Of course, SmartLikes is going to be 100% decentralized solution.
It can be a separate project (too interesting, it's impossible just to drop it and forget), but what will people say?

tdinan1

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:07:33 PM

Hey guys I know I already posted this but I need your help with this animated explainer video. Anyone who thinks they can contribute in anyway script,art,etc.. please dm me. I have a few options lined up but they are a little out of my reach financially, so any help could save money. We could also do some fund raising not sure who would be in charge of that. Like I said I could do it with the proper funds or enough volunteer help.

Thanks
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:28:58 PM

On a single server there was only a block explorer for ML, not ML itself,
besides, it was a test version.
Of course, SmartLikes is going to be 100% decentralized solution.
It can be a separate project (too interesting, it's impossible just to drop it and forget), but what will people say?

Before further thinking about this, better focus on everything wallet and blockchain, in order to get it running smoothly under any condition (i.e. no stuck blockchain for one, two or even three hours for a coin that announces 90 sec. block-time on average).

pamims

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:31:28 PM

Hello again!

So, I've been asking around with the other users of mooncoin that I know. It seems like all of them support implementing a proof of stake system so that they can stake and mint coins in their own wallets. About 80% of those asked would like to see a PoW/PoS hybrid system where the best of both worlds can be implemented. An example of a coin that does this is PinkCoin, and that coin is doing well. They have a certain amount of coins dedicated to go to miners, and a certain amount that goes out to stakers everyday. This would allow everyone with an open wallet to contribute to your network strength, and people that want to mine can do that. I found that in their community, staking coins makes people feel excited, and it encourages people to hold onto their coins.

Here are some thoughts that I had personally that I think would be cool to implement. So PINK has this feature called side-staking where you can donate a chunk of your stakes to other wallets as an act of charity because they are a community based on altruism, and your chances of staking are based on how much weight you've built by keeping money in your wallet over time. What if we took that idea, and instead of side staking for charity, you could side stake as future investment?

For example, I can have my main wallet open and staking short term. If I want, I can send some of those stakes to another wallet I own designed to stake long term. I propose maybe having the option to lock a wallet for a certain amount of time for a 'weight' boost. This would allow that wallet to act sort of as a CD where you can add money to it, and it would return interest based on stakes. Of course your main wallet could build weight too, but by dedicating a certain amount of time for a wallet to be staking to support the network, it can have additional weight added.

I've only just thought of this idea, and I haven't run it by anyone else yet. But what do the developers think of that? What do other people think about that?

Also, I'm loving the MoonWord. I haven't seen, but maybe I missed it. Is there an API to use to grab MoonWord data from the blockchain? I've got some ideas for projects that I would like to build on top of it in my spare time. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 04:39:32 PM

Also, I'm loving the MoonWord. I haven't seen, but maybe I missed it. Is there an API to use to grab MoonWord data from the blockchain? I've got some ideas for projects that I would like to build on top of it in my spare time. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

You can run a full Mooncoin node on your web server and this script https://github.com/mooncoindev/moonaudit to grab data in a 100% decentralized way.

If you need lightweight solutions, please PM, that would be interesting to work with you regarding MoonWord.

Evangelo

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:43:18 PM

Has anyone else familiar with this website? And would it be a good place for Mooncoin?

https://poswallet.com/

Does this imply that you're going to add staking ability to MoonCoin!! =D

Also, I'm curious as to how smartlikes will be implemented. Any information you have on that would be fantastic!
Do we have a timeframe of when this feature will be available?

Smartlikes will have to be discussed anyway. They were not really used and in its current state the concept is too complicated. That may drive the attention away from Mooncoin as a currency and force development-power to the wrong direction. Adding another layer like MoonLite could be counterproductive. Something "smart" is oftentimes the contrary of what it describes. And "likes" are too much connected with social networks, which many of the cryptocurrency-users don't "like". As Reddcoin already has a similar function and aims to be the social network-currency and DOGE is THE tipping-currency and STEEM is on the same way, we should leave this to them and not become another "me too-product".

Evangelo, MoonEdu sounds interesting. Real value for the individual comes from education. What are your ideas?

At first it's needed to solve the more severe problems, like the recurring stop&go on the blockchain. This could be done by adding a PoS-factor or completely changing the algo to PoS. Or by changing the algo to a really ASIC-resistant one (and ideally GPU-resistant, too) Scrypt is "outdated" in this respect and does not prevent it anymore.

Absolutely, my ideas are quite simple. Moon Edu. will be a decentralized platform which qualified teachers can utilize to create quizzes, tests, etc., for academic students/non-academic students. Students/users after taking the exams that have eligible score results will receive a Mooncoin reward. Ex. If a user scores a 95, then the user also receives 9.5 Mooncoin. The current objective is to Collaborate with Faucets developers and Web developers to combine existing networks like Classmarker.com and Zapier to create the Moon Edu. network. It's been quite challenging finding Faucet developers to work with since it's a new type of Faucet system. However, I will remain diligent in my efforts.  

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 04:46:22 PM

Before further thinking about this, better focus on everything wallet and blockchain, in order to get it running smoothly under any condition (i.e. no stuck blockchain for one, two or even three hours for a coin that announces 90 sec. block-time on average).

If you remember, it was 100% your idea to implement DigiShield which leaded to these pauses between blocks.

If the Mooncoin dev implements another difficulty adjustment algo or Proof-of-Stake, it will require another fork, updating wallets at all exchanges, pools, services etc...

The community will decide. However, staking has a lot of its own problems and not something ideal for MOON.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 04:55:28 PM

If you made a backup of your wallet before,
just download a new version of wallet and replace a wallet.dat file with your old backuped wallet.dat.

Another way is to dump your priv keys with the old wallet and import them to the new client.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:57:28 PM

Thanks!

You can run a full Mooncoin node on your web server and this script https://github.com/mooncoindev/moonaudit to grab data in a 100% decentralized way.

If you need lightweight solutions, please PM, that would be interesting to work with you regarding MoonWord.

MoonWord should be run on the MoonLite blockchain, not the main MOON-chain.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

MoonLite has no blockchain and was designed to exist on top of Mooncoin blockchain.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:19:30 PM

If you remember, it was 100% your idea to implement DigiShield which leaded to these pauses between blocks.

If the Mooncoin dev implements another difficulty adjustment algo or Proof-of-Stake, it will require another fork, updating wallets at all exchanges, pools, services etc...

The community will decide. However, staking has a lot of its own problems and not something ideal for MOON.

pamims has posted what is needed. A hybrid solution is something to think about, too.
PoS is used by many successful coins. It is also suitable for Mooncoin.

Better a new hardfork, than to disappoint users in the key promises, that MOON makes and answering the same questions in the forum over and over again. Remember: the block-time is the heart of any cryptocurrency and one of the main advantages of MOON over many other currencies. So it is crucial that it works as advertised. I have suggested PoS or hybrid PoW/PoS already long before the last hardfork that was necessary with the latest wallet. So it could have been implemented already.

If the problem is the big wallets of single users - which can be a problem indeed with PoS - then we should think about solving this problem with a new variant of PoS, instead of refusing to even think about it altogether (like it is still visible in the first posting, which I have also criticized a few months ago). There are many, many positive things about PoS, so let us be creative and develop a new PoS-algo to overcome possible problems of the existing ones, especially in regard of specific problems Mooncoin could have.

Now, that would be really innovative and most probably convince the bigger exchanges, if they need innovations to get a currency listed, as some say (which I don't fully believe anyway, since they can't refuse a successful coin forever, and most probably won't, because they won't profit, if other/smaller exchanges do the deals ...).

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:21:39 PM

MoonLite has no blockchain and was designed to exist on top of Mooncoin blockchain.

Exactly. That's why I wrote what I wrote. I'd say to fully separate MoonLite as a currency independent of Mooncoin, as it complicates things only. So one can use MoonWord on that and keep the original Mooncoin blockchain clear from that.

Trustor

Activity: 342

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:22:59 PM

Mooncoin is actually trading at 2 satoshi
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: