Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:48:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
MrAble

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:11:48 PM

well that is alot different.

(when you talk numbers in a coin thread, the default value is that coin)
 just saying Smiley

so you had.... alot of coin.  (no idea what the value of a Euro is vs mooncoin)

At least they are now Saying they are working on it.

I still  posses  millions of mooncoin for various reasons.

well my transactions are 5 and 20 million mooncoins or more each

Coins in limboland a few millions of mooncoin so would be nice to get them from the exchange

they telling 3 weeks were working on it!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrAble

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:16:07 PM

Ok I would be pissed over losing a thousand euro too.

missing a multiplier here m8
sashadoc

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:18:19 PM

i like this project and I'm looking to buy a token and the price does not fall
amdk

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:39:28 PM

So what's the purpose of the MOON?
Just trading?

People often ask about the purpose of coin. People want to see one simple idea behind any coin.
For example, ETH - smart contracts, ETC - classic ETH, XMR or DASH - privacy,
LTC - silver to BTC, STEEM - rewards for posting, DOGE - for fun, XP - for online gamers etc.

The problem with Mooncoin, it's very decentralised and it has several projects in several directions,
MoonWord, SmartLikes (in progress), MoonEdu (promised by Evangelo, we all are still waiting for it, BTW, some update from Evangelo would be great).

Thus, people look at MOON and don't see one simple idea behind it. They don't understand what is so special about MOON. Investors need one simple idea to understand the project better.

Maybe the idea could be: a coin for scientific and social progress. MoonWord could be adjusted for free using in science and in social projects.
Currently a lot of people and even governments want to use blockchain, but just don't know where to start. To launch their own coin? Without miners, it will not be truly decentralised.
But it's very difficult to create a big network of miners and nodes from scratch. Why not using established and well tested one instead?

What do you think of it?
Mooncoin as a coin of scientific and social progress? Not for making a quick buck.
Mooncoin has a perfect name to match this idea.
Apollo Moon programs were stopped in the 20th century. Bright romantic ideas of space exploration were forgotten (quite small developments in this sphere).
Now people want mostly new gadgets (look at Apple's market cap) and make a quick buck somehow. That looks insane for people who lived 30-50 years ago.
No one can guarantee that this situation will not be changed in the future. Then, even if you want to make a quick buck now, you could be the first who understood that another world was upcoming,
the world of science (blockchain is only one important part of progress), the world of social progress, of another mentality, less boring, less agressive, more focused on real life, on really interesting things, not 2d (money+instincts), instead of that 3d, many 'd'.

Hello,

Recently a similar situation occurred for HTMLCOIN.

Here is a quote of what their CEO posted on FB page. I don't know if its against the rule to post info on other coins. But I think this is the same route Mooncoin should go, regarding those 62B mooncoin. So, I am posting it here. I remember one member said he knows Vassilis personaly, maybe he can forward this message to him if he is no longer visiting or posting on Bitcointalk forum for legal reasons. As the HTMLCOIN team has legal representatives and they must have gone this route after getting their feedback. Vassilis can also get in touch with HTMLCOIN team to get more legal info. Forward this to him if possible, I'll PM the same message to him. 

"Dear Htmlcoin Community,

RE: The Htmlcoin Community: Steadfast & Resilient.

As you all know, shortly after HTMLCOIN swapped from HTML5 to the new HTML blockchain, CoinGather, one of the largest exchanges that supported HTMLCOIN, disappeared from the Internet. Despite repeated attempts at contact by the Foundation and the many users who had coins stored on that exchange, to my knowledge, no one has been successful in reaching the owner of CoinGather. The Foundation has been closely monitoring the address to which it swapped approximately 13.98 billion HTML; to date, no coins have left that address.

Shortly after CoinGather went offline, we were made aware of user reports to the FBI of a potential exit scam. In light of this, we cannot discuss the matter except to inform the Community that, to prevent these coins from entering circulation, at block height 106,000, the HTMLCOIN blockchain was hard forked to freeze the almost 14 billion coins in that address and to regenerate them in a new address.

These coins belong to their rightful owners, and will only be released on direction from the authorities or final resolution on the CoinGather matter. NO NEW COINS were added to circulation or supply, as the original coins are no longer valid for transactions on the blockchain, the old coins in Coingather's wallet are lack and cannot be spent.

Please direct any questions you may have to dev@htmlcoin.team.

PS: More Exchange services to come.

All the best,

Amando R. Boncales, BA, MSEd, MA, PhDc.
Chief Executive Officer
The Htmlcoin Foundation"

Good luck to everyone.
7d2mine

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:02:50 AM

FYI I just deposited a small amount of moon to coinexchange.io (trial deposit.) It is going through, several confirmations, I will try to trade with it and see what happens, if I can withdraw the proceeds etc. But so far seems to be working normally...

As far as people saying this coin is dead, it's actually quite legitimate... has been around for YEARS and still seems solid. It's not / never was / likely never will be some massively high-valued coin, it was created with the explicit intention of being available in bulk, friendly to everyone not just a rich man's coin.

Don't listen to all the people just irritated that they can't buy $10k worth of moon and turn it into a million dollars in a month...
the last guardian

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:19:25 AM

XMRG / BTC Market   Status: INACTIVE hide charts   deposit XMRG  

MoneroGold
XMRG
Last Price   0.00000004
24h Volume   306.90431616 BTC
Bid   0.00000003
Ask   0.00000004
24h High   0.00001130
24h Low   0.00000001
24h Trade Count   21256
CoinMarketCap  
BTC Price   0.00000039
USD Price   $0.00357118
24h Volume USD   $0
Available Supply   n/a
Change 1h | 24h | 7d   22.53% | -95.65% | -

COİNEXCHANGE  THIEF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daniel634

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

Hello what news about V can any body say whats going on    some updating would be nice please
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:30:01 PM

We are communicating with Vassilis via polemarhos (he knows him personally).
The consensus amongst legitimate holders of majority of these coins is:
coins must be burned.

Vassilis agreed to burn them, but he needs an official document to do that.
It will not be so fast to prepare that for him.
Also there is a question: to which address to send coins to burn them?
I suggested a burn address earlier, but after that people suggested 2 other burn addresses.
So the community must also come to the consensus about a burn address.
Experts must confirm that the address is really a burn address.
If someone wants to claim his/her coins, again: please post in this ANN thread (before coins are burned),
because after coins are burned, no one on this Earth will be able to get them.

You must be able to prove that you are a legitimate owner of coins which you claim.

Agswinner suggested in a PM to make a burn address clear for everyone that it is a burn address like 2burnaddressmooncoin....

Mebagger suggested this address:

Hi,

Guys from searching around I think this would be the fastest cleanest most transparent way to Burn these coins..

You can see from this link the address below would take 3.3E+33 or 3.3 decillion years to crack.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen

So, I think this would work and be transparent to all..

2CryptsyBurnLockedForeverxxxxdmvPw

I believe that this would make the address known to all and the private key unknown to all. But the address would be a valid and would, in theory, have some theoretical valid private key, just no-one would know what it is.

Let me know what you think.

Could experts confirm that it really takes about 3 decillion years to find a private key for the address above, suggested by mebagger?
If yes, then it really could be considered as a burn address.

paulus59

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:46:51 PM

Hello All,

as a early beginner ( 2012- 2013) with mooncoin (sins the genesis of mooncoin) i would like to say this:

i believe in the only good way is to burn them all in sake for the good name of Mooncoin,

any one who could claim them has already enough time given to do that,( by law, and trough websites)  for me now that is over,

if we want to go forward with a clean head about those coins !  lets make Mooncoin Great Again with a fresh start,

no more FUD, No more in accurate talks but looking forward with mooncoin,

even now my advice will always be BUY & Hold, and only invest money you can afford to set aside for a while.

lets bring moon back on the charts again !!

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:12:05 PM

Mooncoin has several websites because it's decentralised and backed by people.
You can start your own Mooncoin website. .com is NOT 'old'/'outdated', website, it's a website which exists since 2014-2015, was updated several days ago.
Other websites appeared in 2017-2018.
There were also mooncoin.info and mooncoin.rocks and maybe some other websites, don't remember, they were abandoned by their admins.
There is no boss in Mooncoin.
If you say, there is no development, ask yourself what you personally do for Mooncoin?
Start your social page, your own project with Mooncoins.
Don't wait for anyone else. The wallet is working, well tested, block explorers work, exchanges work.
The future of project depends on you.
If you don't want to develop a project by yourself, and want just to invest, ok, but then please have patience.
Mooncoin was not an ICO/crowdsale, everyone has equal opportunities,
From the very beginning coins only could be mined or bought.
Remember that old members have left almost all their MOON at Cryptsy, and despite of that they agreed to burn their own coins.
Do something for MOON, or if you want that someone else works and pays for everything, then please some patience.

You post your addresses to receive these coins which belong to other people, but you can really help by finding a lawyer who can tell Vassilis that burning of these coins in this situation is legal.
He wanted to burn coins, he needs this confirmation.

ok.  So I spent over 1/2 hour writing a reply to this.  Then I went and did some research and found a Notice from the court to the plaintiffs in the suit against Cryptsy and Vernon and had to start all over again.

Lawsuits can AND are often settled out of court.

With that being said... The claims against Cryptsy and Vernon are NOT presently set for trial.

In the court NOTICE... Mooncoin holders had until May 17, 2017 to submit a CLAIM.
They had a few options in which to collect.

If you did not SUBMIT a CLAIM by May 17,2017 then you FORFEITED your RIGHT to CLAIM any part of the settlement.
All settlements are "partial" settlements, which means you would only receive pennies on the dollar.

Under section 7. What happens if the Plaintiffs later SETTLEMENT with the Non-Settling Defendants?
It explains what happens if Vernon.

The returned coins are considered a "SETTLEMENT", and therefore, the RIGHTFUL HOLDERS get to decide what happens with the coins in the wallet.

Even with the coins being burned... Anyone that made a claim is still part of the class action suit pending against Coinbase, in which they may receive a partial settlement.

Since the majority of rightful holders agreed to have the coins burned, then they should be burned.

I am not a lawyer.  The NOTICE is written so that a LAYMAN can read it.

Soooo... If Vassilis really does have a lawyer, the lawyer is well aware that Vassilis can burn the coins after giving fair Notice.

I would ask for 3 honest/trustworthy people to come forward to ACT as TRUSTEES
The TRUSTEES would be responsible for verifying whether a claimant is ENTITLED to any of the Moon coins.
The TRUSTEES would be paid from the wallet, for their time and/or expenses.

I would set the deadline to have everything completed and coins burned by March 1st.

Put a NOTICE in the various Moon forums for 10 days, giving Moon coin holders that want them back and can provide EVIDENCE that they are ENTITLED to Moon coins from the wallet to come forward and CLAIM their coins.  (If you have filed a claim with the receivership, you would have to revoke that claim in order to claim from the Trustees.)

Personally.... I would set aside some of the coins to donate to a shelter or food bank.
The community as a whole could decide on the amount.

Feel good x2... The 62 billion fiasco comes to an end and at the same time helping out people in need.
I'm pretty sure that the holders that agreed to have their coins burned wouldn't mind if a small portion were donated to a good cause.

According to your proposal, it was added to the OP:

■  Important!  If someone wants to claim his/her coins,
again: please post in this ANN thread (before coins are burned),
because after coins are burned, it will be mathematically impossible to get them.

You must be able to prove that you are a legitimate owner of coins which you claim.
The ANN thread is not self moderated.
A transparent post (in this ANN thread!) with your claim (which must contain a number of coins and a proof of ownership),
will be a sign of your will to claim your coins.
If you don't post until February, 14, 2018, you automatically agree to burn/freeze your coins.

About trustees, there is a suggestion:

1st trustee - agswinner (he and his friends are the major owners of Cryptsy coins)
2nd trustee - polemarhos (he knows Vassilis in real life and he is in contact with him)
3rd trustee - someone who could confirm that the address, suggested by mebagger (see a post above) is a burn address for Mooncoin (mathematically takes billions years and more to crack).

If you agree, please do something, find an expert who could confirm a burn address, test sending to a burn address etc, don't just wait or there will be no progress.
Mooncoin has no center. It's you who decide things. Post in this ANN thread!

agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:26:40 PM

with all the hash power of Bitcoin for exempla the private key can be discovered after 10000 millennia ....

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
popeye95

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:34:42 PM

FYI I just deposited a small amount of moon to coinexchange.io (trial deposit.) It is going through, several confirmations, I will try to trade with it and see what happens, if I can withdraw the proceeds etc. But so far seems to be working normally...

As far as people saying this coin is dead, it's actually quite legitimate... has been around for YEARS and still seems solid. It's not / never was / likely never will be some massively high-valued coin, it was created with the explicit intention of being available in bulk, friendly to everyone not just a rich man's coin.

Don't listen to all the people just irritated that they can't buy $10k worth of moon and turn it into a million dollars in a month...
Agree. I don't know what kind of people invest in this coin and expect some mad gain like that.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:50:50 PM

with all the hash power of Bitcoin for exempla the private key can be discovered after 10000 millennia ....

Could you post a link to confirm that?

agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:26:36 PM

This is a well-known topic, I do not remember now where to find a specific study, instead I remember the calculations  of some mathematicians in bitcointalk forum.
Quantum computer discover the private key in two minutes if you know the public hash, but without an outgoing transaction the store address  is safe for 10000 millennia Grin

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
For_Canal_Coins

Activity: 229

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:09:41 PM

This is a well-known topic, I do not remember now where to find a specific study, instead I remember the calculations  of some mathematicians in bitcointalk forum.
Quantum computer discover the private key in two minutes if you know the public hash, but without an outgoing transaction the store address  is safe for 10000 millennia Grin

Hi ,i confirm about agswinner say : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4nleif/will_quantum_computing_be_able_to_hack_bitcoin/

https://www.coindesk.com/quantum-computers-private-keys/
CryptoLuck07

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:40:26 PM

whats funny, i had mooncoin on cryptsy. not very many.... but i couldnt prove it.  and it wouldnt be worth the effort to try. was very very low amounts.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:44:33 PM

Regarding coins, which were not sent from their exchange in December, Coinexchange yet hadn't responded to my PMs.
It looks like they simply have to restart their Mooncoin wallet (if they really use the latest wallet, the problem was solved by Vassilis weeks ago)
with a -reindex parameter after running a command zapwallettx to solve the issue with stuck txs with low fees.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 08:02:10 PM

Regarding 62 bil coins:

Mooncoin is an open-source, community-driven project.
People make efforts and the project is growing.
People also own mooncoins and continue buying  them at exchanges.

There could be a simple analogy:
people work together to build a house. They buy bricks etc, also contribute their time, labour, even their reputation sometimes.
There is no company behind, they do it as a community.
Each of them is going to get an apartment in this building in the future.
Suddenly a catastrophe: 30 percent of all bricks stolen.
People were shocked, but they wanted to continue building a house.
They wanted to buy missing bricks and continue.
The court got 10 percent of stolen bricks, but instead of returning them to the community,
the court sold them. Okay, the community bought bricks and decided to continue.
Some people left the project though.
After several years of hard work the house is almost ready.
But suddenly stolen bricks are returned. They are not needed any longer.
Some people even could throw these bricks in windows of new building, to break something with them etc.
But some one could say, look, 30 percent of bricks mean a 30 percent share in your building.
Even people who left, but who bought these bricks several years ago should own 30 percent in your building.
Okay, the community asked people who bought these bricks, and majority told: just throw them away, or make a fireplace with them in the yard.
But some people say: 'what if one person who bought 1 brick or 2 bricks, and even if he/she left many years ago, will claim that he/she should be an owner of apartment in a new building?' They say: 'these are not bricks, these are shares in your house, shares of your appartments! Give to the court 30 percent of your house, and, besides, you have no right to live in it, because the court only could let you enter this house and live, after they will sell 30 percent of your appartments to someone else'.
It's nonsense, by all means.

These 'unofficial' coins don't cost millions. It's the project and people's contribution that cost.
You see already Mooncoin going from 7 Sat to 1 Sat only on expectations that unofficial coins could be dumped.
The perfectly working and liquid at the beginning of January MOON/BTC market is quite inactive now near 1 Sat and, if it drops below 1 Sat, it will mean again a low network hashrate, not listing at big exchanges, a lack of trust to a sub-satoshi coin etc. So, could we say that 'unofficial' coins cost 7 Sat, or 1 Sat per coin, or nothing?

If they were put out of supply by decision of community, they cost nothing indeed.

Obviously, in the situation when there is a lack of understanding crypto and a lack of crypto laws, people may come to wrong conclusions regarding these frozen, unofficial coins.
Legal or not, before judging that, you must get good understanding of crypto and of Mooncoin project, not just saying 'stolen coins', 'court', etc. 'Unofficial' coins which were deliberately moved out of supply must not ruin the project, must not affect the whole community and their rightful owners. Any law is not an abstraction, it aims to defend people, victims, rightful owners. If rightful owners agree to burn them not to ruin the project, not to ruin the numerous and hard efforts of many people (during several years), coins must be burned!

Apollo-11

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:05:38 PM

■  Important!  If someone wants to claim his/her coins,
again: please post in this ANN thread (before coins are burned),
because after coins are burned, it will be mathematically impossible to get them.

The ANN thread is not self moderated.
A transparent post (in this ANN thread!) with your claim (which must contain a number of coins and a proof of ownership),
will be a sign of your will to claim your coins.
If you don't post until February, 14, 2018, you automatically agree to burn/freeze your coins.[/b][/size]

What do you have to provide to claim your coins? I have only the transactions from my local wallet to my cryptsy address.
daniel634

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:19:51 PM

We are communicating with Vassilis via polemarhos (he knows him personally).
The consensus amongst legitimate holders of majority of these coins is:
coins must be burned.

Vassilis agreed to burn them, but he needs an official document to do that.
It will not be so fast to prepare that for him.
Also there is a question: to which address to send coins to burn them?
I suggested a burn address earlier, but after that people suggested 2 other burn addresses.
So the community must also come to the consensus about a burn address.
Experts must confirm that the address is really a burn address.
If someone wants to claim his/her coins, again: please post in this ANN thread (before coins are burned),
because after coins are burned, no one on this Earth will be able to get them.

Agswinner suggested in a PM to make a burn address clear for everyone that it is a burn address like 2burnaddressmooncoin....

Mebagger suggested this address:

[quote author=mebagger link=topic=1733963.msg27558658#msg27558658 date=15151921

Guys from searching around I think this would be the fastest cleanest most transparent way to Burn these coins..

You can see from this link the address below would take 3.3E+33 or 3.3 decillion years to crack.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen

So, I think this would work and be transparent to all..

2CryptsyBurnLockedForeverxxxxdmvPw

I believe that this would make the address known to all and the private key unknown to all. But the address would be a valid and would, in theory, have some theoretical valid private key, just no-one would know what it is.

Let me know what you think.

Could experts confirm that it really takes about 3 decillion years to find a private key for the address above, suggested by mebagger?
If yes, then it really could be considered as a burn address.

[/quote]
Thank you for the update
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: