Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:35:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317676 times)
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:32:08 PM

■  Important!  If someone wants to claim his/her coins,
again: please post in this ANN thread (before coins are burned),
because after coins are burned, it will be mathematically impossible to get them.

You must be able to prove that you are a legitimate owner of coins which you claim.
The ANN thread is not self moderated.
A transparent post (in this ANN thread!) with your claim (which must contain a number of coins and a proof of ownership),
will be a sign of your will to claim your coins.
If you don't post until February, 14, 2018, you automatically agree to burn/freeze your coins.[/b][/size]

What do you have to provide to claim your coins? I have only the transactions from my local wallet to my cryptsy address.

Obviously, a claim must disclosure how many coins were lost, and also contain a proof that you really had lost Mooncoins at Cryptsy.
For example, if you sent coins to Cryptsy in 2014, or even in 2015, unfortunately, that doesn't prove that in November, 2015 (when Cryptsy stopped withdrawals) you still had these coins at Cryptsy. An exchange wallet can have coins on the same address even after an user (who deposited coins to this address) sold them.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DemLom

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:53:54 PM

whats funny, i had mooncoin on cryptsy. not very many.... but i couldnt prove it.  and it wouldnt be worth the effort to try. was very very low amounts.
Could you explain? I can not understand, this is a problem with this company, because I was thinking of buying a coin, is it not risky?
Nastydawg6r

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:29:36 PM

So, for clarification, has a new Dev team been identified? I see the plan to send the 62B into an abyss, but what about after this? For full disclosure the reason I ask is because I may be willing to help on the development side, if such is still necessary.
mebagger

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:17:21 AM

Well I really liked that address 2CryptsyBurnLockedForeverxxxxdmvPw. But as mooncoin foundation pointed out for some reason it's not valid. I think I didn't follow the rules for encoding the last bit of the address or something like that. I tried just sending one coin there but there is a validation check in the wallet which stopped me from sending. I posted that without double checking the address would validate. But maybe that would work if the coins we're forced there through a fork, not sure really. I saw another coin that did something similar, I think it was emc .. I was planning on reviewing there code to see how they did it.
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:22:21 AM

whats funny, i had mooncoin on cryptsy. not very many.... but i couldnt prove it.  and it wouldnt be worth the effort to try. was very very low amounts.
Could you explain? I can not understand, this is a problem with this company, because I was thinking of buying a coin, is it not risky?

the company went scam, and all coins were stolen.  that was big news awhile ago.    But your not going to be going there to buy any coins anyhow...its been closed for awhile.

Look up news for Cryptsy, MTGOX and ...   other similar ones, to know the risk of leaving your coins on an exchange.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:22:48 AM

So, for clarification, has a new Dev team been identified? I see the plan to send the 62B into an abyss, but what about after this? For full disclosure the reason I ask is because I may be willing to help on the development side, if such is still necessary.

Identified? you mean other than Vass?

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Nastydawg6r

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:48:21 AM

Does Vass still want to develop this project?
sheenarif

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:41:47 AM

Does Vass still want to develop this project?

Moon is still under development & Vas is still working on it, we will get a good news soon ..... Smiley Smiley Smiley
Jasperrr

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:10:18 AM

We are communicating with Vassilis via polemarhos (he knows him personally).
The consensus amongst legitimate holders of majority of these coins is:
coins must be burned.

Vassilis agreed to burn them, but he needs an official document to do that.
It will not be so fast to prepare that for him.
Also there is a question: to which address to send coins to burn them?
I suggested a burn address earlier, but after that people suggested 2 other burn addresses.
So the community must also come to the consensus about a burn address.
Experts must confirm that the address is really a burn address.
If someone wants to claim his/her coins, again: please post in this ANN thread (before coins are burned),
because after coins are burned, no one on this Earth will be able to get them.

You must be able to prove that you are a legitimate owner of coins which you claim.
This is ludicrous. Why isn't Vassilis posting this himself? He is the main developer, he is the current owner of those coins. He should post these updates. I thought you wanted decentralization Mooncoin_Foundation? How can something be decentralized if in fact the ANN is pulling all the strings.

Also, he does not need an 'official document'. In fact, there are barely any laws relating to cryptocurrency; let alone laws regarding the burning of coins. There is no such thing. Nowhere in the world, so neither in V's Greece. He can just burn them whenever he wants, there are no possible official documents.

Also, who is to say that claims are indeed legitimate and not fraudulent?
habeas_corpus

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:40:28 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 05:53:38 AM by habeas_corpus

coins must be burned.

I suggested a burn address earlier, but after that people suggested 2 other burn addresses.
If someone wants to claim his/her coins, again: please post in this ANN thread (before coins are burned),

This is ludicrous. Why isn't Vassilis posting this himself? He is the main developer, he is the current owner of those coins. He should post these updates. I thought you wanted decentralization Mooncoin_Foundation? How can something be decentralized if in fact the ANN is pulling all the strings.

Also, he does not need an 'official document'. In fact, there are barely any laws relating to cryptocurrency; let alone laws regarding the burning of coins. There is no such thing. Nowhere in the world, so neither in V's Greece. He can just burn them whenever he wants, there are no possible official documents.

Considering Vernon destroyed almost every record from Cryptsy, It would be next to impossible to provide evidence that you are entitled to claim any of the coins.
the only exceptions would be.
1. That in the very few records that were obtained, somehow, a/some mooncoin wallet(s) can be validated (slim chance).
2. You are one of the rare people that record your computer screen and have a screen shot of your wallet balance when the site shut down.
3. Your wallet shows that you transferred coins to Cryptsy just as they were shutting down and your coins were not returned.

Considering the above exceptions, I don't see many coins being returned.

As much as I wish EVERY coin was returned to its rightful holder, there would be far TOO many fraudsters coming forth claiming they lost coins, just to make a quick buck.  But at the same time... The moral thing to do is give rightful holders the opportunity to provide evidence.
Let's not forget that most of the Rightful holders said to burn them, so there should be very few people coming forward to claim.

Even if 1 billion mooncoins were claimed.  That is a small price to pay to finally be free of this fiasco, and might just bring in new investors that wouldn't touch Moon because of the uncertainty with the 62 billion coins.

That's just my take on things.

Well... If it was up to me... I would donate some to a worthy cause like a shelter or food bank.

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:59:04 AM

Hey.
On the exchange coinexchange.io I put an order to buy coins, at a price of 1 satosh.
This price was!
But the order is not executed.
In the history of orders, the deals at this price were .... why does not it work for me?

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

overprop

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:55:29 AM

Hey.
On the exchange coinexchange.io I put an order to buy coins, at a price of 1 satosh.
This price was!
In the history of orders, the deals at this price were .... why does not it work for me?
why are you asking it here? ask coinexchange first.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:48:27 AM

Hey.
This price was!

There is a lot of other buy orders at 1 Sat. If you want to buy at 1 Sat, you can buy only after these orders, which people put earlier, are filled.
If you want to buy instantly, then a price is 2 Sat. Or you can put an order at MOON/DOGE or MOON/LTC markets, but then you need first to buy LTC or DOGE.

agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:34:17 AM

coins must be burned.

This is my claim. The determination is “ Your Claim Form and supporting documentation have been accepted..”

CRYPTSY CRYPTOCURRENCY SETTLEMENT DETERMINATION OF RECOGNIZED CLAIM
DATE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
ANDREA ?............CLAIM NUMBER: 630?Huh?
You submitted a Claim Form in the class action lawsuit styled Brandon Leidel, et al. v. Project Investors, Inc. d/b/a Cryptsy, Paul Vernon, et al., U.S. Dist. Ct. - S.D. Fla. -- Case No. 9:16-cv- 80060-KAM (the “Lawsuit”). Your Claim Form and supporting documentation have been accepted, and payment will be issued pursuant to the terms of the Settlement Agreement and Plan of Allocation in the Lawsuit.............. “

this is the easiest way as proof
1) a copy of your claim (only claim accepted)
2) the same documentation sent to the Fed court

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:49:46 AM

coins must be burned.

It's true that Vassilis is a Mooncoin dev and that it's he only who controls these coins.
He is not a rightful owner of them, though. He is scared with a possibility that someone, a rightful owner (even of small number of coins) could act against him in the court, in the future.
That's why he doesn't want to take responsibility for burning coins.
Of course, he should post to avoid rumors. And Coinexchange should answer their support tickets, etc, etc...
The fact is that he is waiting for a document, prepared by lawyers ('official document'), signed by one of major rightful owners of these coins, to let Vassilis burn coins.
People believed he could burn coins instantly without any docs (it was discussed already several weeks ago), but it looks like after some comments and threats, Vassilis started to doubt, that's why he asked for the document.

And if people don't claim in the thread till February, 14 (in 10 days like it was proposed by another poster), obviously, it will be another confirmation for Vassilis that he can burn coins with no legal risks.
If people claim, claims indeed should be legitimate and to avoid fraudulence, it was said: they must contain real proof of ownership. If people have this proof, they don't ask if it's real proof or not. Real proof is clear, with no doubts. Also all claims should be transparent, in this ANN thread. Not PMs/posting on private or on self-moderated channels. Simply to avoid accusations of editing or deleting claims of users, to make the process clear for everyone. If people don't post in this ANN thread their claims till 14, February, 2018, they automatically agree to remove again these coins out of supply.

Also some people who read this thread, don't understand what we are talking about. They think that something is wrong with Mooncoin itself. To make it clear: Cryptsy is a 3rd party Altcoin exchange which stopped withdrawals of coins (it's not only about Mooncoin) in 2015.    

allsnioc

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:55:10 AM

coins must be burned.

This is my claim. The determination is “ Your Claim Form and supporting documentation have been accepted..”

You submitted a Claim Form in the class action lawsuit styled Brandon Leidel, et al. v. Project Investors, Inc. d/b/a Cryptsy, Paul Vernon, et al., U.S. Dist. Ct. - S.D. Fla. -- Case No. 9:16-cv- 80060-KAM (the “Lawsuit”). Your Claim Form and supporting documentation have been accepted, and payment will be issued pursuant to the terms of the Settlement Agreement and Plan of Allocation in the Lawsuit.............. “

So you are asking people to send you legal documentation that exposes private information .... to whom should these information be sent???

To an anonymous Mooncoin_Foundation account?
To a dev Vassilis that doesn't talk anymore through his accounts?

Who is going to decide who should get their coins back?
Is is you Mooncoin_Foundatoin that will decide that a claim is legit? Is it Vassilis?

And if at the end you don't publish all the claims how can people know that this is not a scam and that you did to make sure to redirect most of the 62B to your own wallets?
And why is the deadline 14 February?
And why is there no name of the lawyer that is supposedly taking care of this?

To everyone: be smart and don't expose your personal information, no one is going to give you back your Cryptsy coins. If they do it is to hide a scam.
If the federal court can't do such thing for sure the "disappeared" dev Vassilis and the anonymous "Mooncoin_Foundation" account can't do so.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:04:12 AM

I never asked to send me any information to my account.
I'm not a part of process.
Don't send to me any information or to anyone!
The point is to burn coins with no legal risks. Please re-read carefully previous posts.

allsnioc

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:04:40 AM

I never asked to send me any information to my account.
I'm not a part of process.
Don't send to me any information or to anyone!
The point is to burn coins with no legal risks. Please re-read carefully previous posts.

Please answer the questions above point by point
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:16:34 AM

coins must be burned.

So you are asking people to send you legal documentation that exposes private information .... to whom should these information be sent???

To an anonymous Mooncoin_Foundation account?
To a dev Vassilis that doesn't talk anymore through his accounts?

Who is going to decide who should get their coins back?
Is is you Mooncoin_Foundatoin that will decide that a claim is legit? Is it Vassilis?

And if at the end you don't publish all the claims how can people know that this is not a scam and that you did to make sure to redirect most of the 62B to your own wallets?
And why is the deadline 14 February?
And why is there no name of the lawyer that is supposedly taking care of this?

To everyone: be smart and don't expose your personal information, no one is going to give you back your Cryptsy coins. If they do it is to hide a scam.
If the federal court can't do such thing for sure the "disappeared" dev Vassilis and the anonymous "Mooncoin_Foundation" account can't do so.

First of all, I'm not agswinner.
I don't know why he posted that post.
I didn't ask for any private information. I asked for the number of coins and for having a real proof of ownership.
People can just post a number of coins, and that they have a real proof of ownership and that they want to receive their coins back (don't want to burn them).
It will be a sign of their will. But I hope that the community will show the true support and will not claim coins (or only will claim small amounts, by people who are really in a very bad financial situation). These small amounts could be donated to people even without touching these coins. For example, 10,000 coins or 50,000 coins.
Of course, big claims should be proved in the future, but for now the question is how to burn everything with no legal risks.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:21:55 AM

Why 10 days from yesterday (February, 14)
It was suggested by this poster:

Mooncoin has several websites because it's decentralised and backed by people.
You can start your own Mooncoin website. .com is NOT 'old'/'outdated', website, it's a website which exists since 2014-2015, was updated several days ago.
Other websites appeared in 2017-2018.
There were also mooncoin.info and mooncoin.rocks and maybe some other websites, don't remember, they were abandoned by their admins.
There is no boss in Mooncoin.
If you say, there is no development, ask yourself what you personally do for Mooncoin?
Start your social page, your own project with Mooncoins.
Don't wait for anyone else. The wallet is working, well tested, block explorers work, exchanges work.
The future of project depends on you.
If you don't want to develop a project by yourself, and want just to invest, ok, but then please have patience.
Mooncoin was not an ICO/crowdsale, everyone has equal opportunities,
From the very beginning coins only could be mined or bought.
Remember that old members have left almost all their MOON at Cryptsy, and despite of that they agreed to burn their own coins.
Do something for MOON, or if you want that someone else works and pays for everything, then please some patience.

You post your addresses to receive these coins which belong to other people, but you can really help by finding a lawyer who can tell Vassilis that burning of these coins in this situation is legal.
He wanted to burn coins, he needs this confirmation.

ok.  So I spent over 1/2 hour writing a reply to this.  Then I went and did some research and found a Notice from the court to the plaintiffs in the suit against Cryptsy and Vernon and had to start all over again.

Lawsuits can AND are often settled out of court.

With that being said... The claims against Cryptsy and Vernon are NOT presently set for trial.

In the court NOTICE... Mooncoin holders had until May 17, 2017 to submit a CLAIM.
They had a few options in which to collect.

If you did not SUBMIT a CLAIM by May 17,2017 then you FORFEITED your RIGHT to CLAIM any part of the settlement.
All settlements are "partial" settlements, which means you would only receive pennies on the dollar.

Under section 7. What happens if the Plaintiffs later SETTLEMENT with the Non-Settling Defendants?
It explains what happens if Vernon.

The returned coins are considered a "SETTLEMENT", and therefore, the RIGHTFUL HOLDERS get to decide what happens with the coins in the wallet.

Even with the coins being burned... Anyone that made a claim is still part of the class action suit pending against Coinbase, in which they may receive a partial settlement.

Since the majority of rightful holders agreed to have the coins burned, then they should be burned.

I am not a lawyer.  The NOTICE is written so that a LAYMAN can read it.

Soooo... If Vassilis really does have a lawyer, the lawyer is well aware that Vassilis can burn the coins after giving fair Notice.

I would ask for 3 honest/trustworthy people to come forward to ACT as TRUSTEES
The TRUSTEES would be responsible for verifying whether a claimant is ENTITLED to any of the Moon coins.
The TRUSTEES would be paid from the wallet, for their time and/or expenses.

I would set the deadline to have everything completed and coins burned by March 1st.

Put a NOTICE in the various Moon forums for 10 days, giving Moon coin holders that want them back and can provide EVIDENCE that they are ENTITLED to Moon coins from the wallet to come forward and CLAIM their coins.  (If you have filed a claim with the receivership, you would have to revoke that claim in order to claim from the Trustees.)

Personally.... I would set aside some of the coins to donate to a shelter or food bank.
The community as a whole could decide on the amount.

Feel good x2... The 62 billion fiasco comes to an end and at the same time helping out people in need.
I'm pretty sure that the holders that agreed to have their coins burned wouldn't mind if a small portion were donated to a good cause.

Other people posted same ideas.
Of course, I could not post anything, but then please don't say that there is no progress with burning coins.

Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: