June 21, 2024, 04:57:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?  (Read 79545 times)
rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:31:31 AM

In fact, many online payment processors like Solid Trust Pay, Payza, Perfect Money etc. already integrated bitcoin, so I really think that Paypal will have no choice but to follow it.
In the long term, I really think that bitcoin will overcome Paypal.
It's simple really.
Bitcoin gives anonymity, more security, possible profit if price increase etc.
Paypal can't offer it to the users.

Exactly. Bitcoin has many things that PayPal can't offer, and it should only be a matter of time before individuals and merchants realize that Bitcoin is the way to go. Since many payment processors have already adopted Bitcoin, it shouldn't be long enough before PayPal integrates the cryptocurrency into its platform.

When that happens, Bitcoin would have a better advantage over traditional payment methods, and become the top choice among businesses and individuals alike. Also, we would be able to buy things with our Bitcoins in ebay, when PayPal makes the switch to it. Just my opinion.  Smiley

PayPal = payment via a card.

You said "Bitcoin would have a better advantage over traditional payment methods"

Please give one reason of why BTC is better than a payment through card. Do not tell me shits about anonymity or other libertarian slogans Smiley

On my own experience, paypal withdrawals took time if you want to withdraw it on banks, here in our country it took 3 to 4 working days just to see your funds credited to your bank account. Bitcoin is fast when compared to paypal withdrawals and it is more good for some who works online.
coin_pwr

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:02:12 AM

Not at the moment but I can see Bitcoin become more popular as people get more knowledgeable with cryptocurrencies. But as of right now most know Paypal as a form of service use to pay for service + goods.
Azurecde

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:22:34 AM

Volume wise bitcoin already crossed paypal , but because of privacy factors corporate companies are still lagging to come in bitcoin and accept the btc payments
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:55:09 AM

Bitcoin and PayPal are not exactly in the same category, Bitcoin is a currency, while PayPal is more like a service or something. So, they can not be compared. Bitcoin is competing with other currencies, fiat or crypto (even though altcoins are not even a threat), while PayPal is competing with other similar services.

But even though they are not on the same category but bitcoin can make paypal business go out of the market. When people are all oriented with bitcoins they will have no use to paypal and thus it will be threat to paypal. If paypal will not do something about possibly they will be no more in the coming years. When that time comes it is truly right to say that bitcoin has overcome paypal.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:05:54 PM

In fact, many online payment processors like Solid Trust Pay, Payza, Perfect Money etc. already integrated bitcoin, so I really think that Paypal will have no choice but to follow it.
In the long term, I really think that bitcoin will overcome Paypal.
It's simple really.
Bitcoin gives anonymity, more security, possible profit if price increase etc.
Paypal can't offer it to the users.

Exactly. Bitcoin has many things that PayPal can't offer, and it should only be a matter of time before individuals and merchants realize that Bitcoin is the way to go. Since many payment processors have already adopted Bitcoin, it shouldn't be long enough before PayPal integrates the cryptocurrency into its platform.

When that happens, Bitcoin would have a better advantage over traditional payment methods, and become the top choice among businesses and individuals alike. Also, we would be able to buy things with our Bitcoins in ebay, when PayPal makes the switch to it. Just my opinion.  Smiley

PayPal = payment via a card.

You said "Bitcoin would have a better advantage over traditional payment methods"

Please give one reason of why BTC is better than a payment through card. Do not tell me shits about anonymity or other libertarian slogans Smiley

On my own experience, paypal withdrawals took time if you want to withdraw it on banks, here in our country it took 3 to 4 working days just to see your funds credited to your bank account. Bitcoin is fast when compared to paypal withdrawals and it is more good for some who works online.

How long does it take to see your Bitcoin exchanged to cash into your bank account? Smiley  at least few days.
Paypal is made for masses. BTC is a niche and nothing more. It was not designed to be a payment processor, payment system. It takes hours to get a transactions confirmed... it's shady, hard to use.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:24:15 PM

Bitcoin and PayPal are not exactly in the same category, Bitcoin is a currency, while PayPal is more like a service or something. So, they can not be compared. Bitcoin is competing with other currencies, fiat or crypto (even though altcoins are not even a threat), while PayPal is competing with other similar services.

But even though they are not on the same category but bitcoin can make paypal business go out of the market. When people are all oriented with bitcoins they will have no use to paypal and thus it will be threat to paypal. If paypal will not do something about possibly they will be no more in the coming years. When that time comes it is truly right to say that bitcoin has overcome paypal.
I don't think so, I agree with what PeRo said on not being on the same category. Paypal is not some kind of obstacle that Bitcoin needs to pass in order to prove that it has a global presence. Paypal won't simply be out of business because of Bitcoin, I mean being supported by major sites such as Ebay and Amazon you can never go wrong using Paypal as a reliable service. Like what I said its ok to have more options rather than only having one with no alternatives to it.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:33:56 PM

PayPal does one thing very well, and that's marketing itself properly on a global level with their reach.

People make use of PayPal to complete online purchases in a quick and safe manner. Buyers protection and their global level of acceptance are the key elements for people.

Another thing people like about PayPal is the fact that there are no fees involved when it comes to transacting with friends and relatives, and purchasing goods.

If Bitcoin wants to compete with PayPal, then it will need off-chain solutions that will enhance people's shopping experience. Lightning Network is exactly that what is needed.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Rufsilf

Activity: 1736
Merit: 309

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:15:10 PM

If the adoption will continue then yes bitcoin will overcome paypal and other payment services online and it will take all the users of it. Bitcoin is one of the best payment services that you can use and it is already trusted by big companies and some rich people in the world so there is a high chance for bitcoin to take over paypal.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:16:38 PM

Yes. I do think it will. When? Not sure. But it will definitely take time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:05:01 PM

Yes. I do think it will. When? Not sure. But it will definitely take time.
It has started to overcome paypal and I think it will not take longer time because on internet in most places I am seeing the acceptance of bitcoin and many are continuously shifting to bitcoin so paypal will one day remain useless.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:20:09 AM

No because they are still different at all. Some online shop don't accept bitcoin but paypal is there so I think they are still the same and I think this two don't compare them. It is just my opinion.  Huh
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:32:09 AM

Bitcoin is making Visa/Mastercard obsolete so will kill Paypal too.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:34:37 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 04:55:16 PM by Seville

some remittance providers already use BTC... Its only a matter of time  
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:52:09 AM

some remittance providers already use BTC... Its only a matter of time  Grin
Wow i didn't know that. If that is true then bitcoin will dominate the remittances and overcome paypal because the only use of paypal is to pay online payments while bitcoin can already do that and it is not that hard for a bitcoin user because it is very easy to make bitcoin wallet also. So i think in the next year or even just a few months, bitcoin will start to overcome paypal.
mudboy93

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:23:08 AM

Completely share this view, the same way ebay and PayPal worked together, there just needs to be a medium or large market accepting BTC almost exclusively like PayPal and eBay... Bitcoin is already much more established than PayPal in the beginning, we just need something de-centralized or the like to work with it as a market and payment system.
Azurecde

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:32:27 AM

According to volume and Number of transactions Btc already crossed the paypal . 
nod

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:48:10 AM

I voted on Yes because I see that Bitcoin's potential to be on the top. Faster transactions and anonymous transactions. Furthermore, the fact that transactions in paypal may be disputed and refunded.
mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:51:56 AM

Actually, I vote on No because Paypal is still good for business, In the right way, people will not complain about their publish information showed because it's a way to show their respect to their partner
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:54:47 AM

Actually, I vote on No because Paypal is still good for business, In the right way, people will not complain about their publish information showed because it's a way to show their respect to their partner

Bitcoin and paypal have their own advantages, and they are of different nature, so we can not make the most accurate comparison. But in this forum, people use popular bitcoins, because the advantage of bitcoin is the swiftness of all transactions and wherever.

AlexGrov

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:56:02 AM

I think that no, bitcoin is a very unstable currency, and it is unlikely that it will be accepted as a payment option for any serious expenses for the nearest 10-15 years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: