June 17, 2024, 06:05:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?  (Read 79545 times)
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:02:17 PM

My frustration with PayPal is one of the reasons why I got into Bitcoin. Whether Bitcoin will overcome PayPal stands and falls with the scalability issue. Everything else can be solved by the free market, I assume (eg. consumer and fraud protection, etc)
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:00:39 PM

bitcoin currency and paypal arr belong into different field. we use bitcoin as virtual crypto currency payment and paypal is in a common or traditional payment. so in the next 10yrs or decade paypal will still be the up over bitcoin.
I think the main point is, we have to admit marketcap currently paypal marketcap is still greater than the bitcoin and I bet 5 years longer bitcoin will overcome paypal.
Of course bitcoin marketcap will be higher than paypal. See bitcoin users keep coming and it will make the volume and marketcap continue to rise and I'm sure someday. Maybe a few years to come. Bitcoin marketcap can beat paypal

to me I think it has already overcome paypal. because now people are giving more preference to bitcoin.  because now almost every shop is accepting bitcoin for payment and bitcoin is accessible from everywhere. therefore people are using bitcoin instead of paypal, as paypal service is not available everywhere, and in most of the areas people do not use paypal for payment method. therefore they are not giving preference to bitcoin instead of paypal.

Meh, still much more stores use PayPal. Also in the areas where people are not using PayPal they most likely arent using BTC as well.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:33:21 PM

I dont think bitcoin will overcome paypal, as it has difference. In terms of its usage though they are use as payment. Paypal use as an online tool for safely storing your bank account and card details. Definitely they have a big difference over bitcoin and different advantages.
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:35:20 PM

That's a tough question because we are comparing apples with oranges. One is supposed to be transparent, the other not quite. One allows smaller payments without huge fees, the other currently doesn't... time will tell.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:38:54 PM

I dont think bitcoin will overcome paypal, as it has difference. In terms of its usage though they are use as payment. Paypal use as an online tool for safely storing your bank account and card details. Definitely they have a big difference over bitcoin and different advantages.

Certainly.  Plus the fact that in paypal, details is important for the payor and the payee.  It needs details because it is just making it safe for its clients not to be scammed.  They have differences and have their own pros and cons.  But definitely it would be nice if the paypal will accept bitcoins as payment method.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:49:03 PM

It can easily overcome paypal and some services and websites, already using cryptocurrencies as a payment option.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:24:29 PM

Where do you see almost all shops acepting bitcoin? Merchants still support paypal and bitcoin inst an option at all, there are stores dedicated to bitcoin as a lot projects. Paypal volume usually is from sales, while bitcoin can be the simple fact of moove the funds from one adress to the another, but well at this stage maybe paypal has lost already.

Yeah. Bitcoin is still at a point where it isn't accepted by major merchants worldwide. While the list of them who accept Bitcoin is growing slowly each day, PayPal has the most wider audience in this part. However, one thing for sure is that PayPal doesn't bring ease of use when moving funds from one account to another unlike Bitcoin.

The decentralized nature of Bitcoin, as well as, having properties of scarcity and immutability of transactions, is one of the many advantages that will eventually lead it towards overcoming traditional payment processors. By then, PayPal would have no choice but to adopt Bitcoin or make a blockchain of its own.

Imagine if PayPal decides to adopt Bitcoin, then all other merchants that only accepted it, would also accept the pioneer cryptocurrency. Perhaps, we would be able to buy things on eBay with Bitcoin soon. Just my opinion. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:34:25 PM

It will overcome PayPal, but this will be in the way of how much in $$ transaction value gets moved from point A to point B. If you purely look at PayPal and Bitcoin when it comes to purchasing stuff, doing smaller payments, etc, PayPal will likely keep its dominance in this aspect. Is that a big deal? Not at all. Bitcoin has never been fully utilized in that way by people, so there is nothing to lose here....
Cazkys

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:40:17 PM

Since there are lots of online site that Paypal became strict and choose not to be part of, Bitcoins will one day emerged leaving Paypal below. There are sites now practicing to offer Bitcoin payments because they are studying the trend of if. It is increasing its value so they better learn how to use it now before it is too late.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:44:35 PM

Since there are lots of online site that Paypal became strict and choose not to be part of, Bitcoins will one day emerged leaving Paypal below. There are sites now practicing to offer Bitcoin payments because they are studying the trend of if. It is increasing its value so they better learn how to use it now before it is too late.
I don't think so, because both are providing the similar service. The way of process involved vary and based on this I believe that people prefer on their own convenience. Right now bitcoin acceptance has been increasing gradually over the different websites, but the same doesn't mean it replaces the service that they have been using before.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:00:25 PM

Agree. Sooner or later, merchants will realize that Bitcoin's benefits surpasses those of PayPal, eventually leading it towards overcoming the well-established payment processor.

Since Bitcoin's value is on the rise, those who accept Bitcoin as payment, would gain bigger returns in a short amount of time than relying on fiat currency with PayPal where it remains static and doesn't allow your income to grow.

Also, now that Bitcoin has gained huge support from miners to scale with SegWit2x, things will change drastically for the pioneer cryptocurrency over the next months, paving its way for a wider audience to ensure its mainstream use.

With this in mind, Bitcoin will continue to improve over the years and become mature to rival not only PayPal, but other payment processors as well. The list of people who accept Bitcoin is increasing slowly and steady, but it will get there eventually where it becomes widely recognized in the mainstream world. Just my opinion. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:04:44 AM

Yes ... because bitcoin can make everything much easier than what has been there from now on.
Yeah there are many things that can be compared between bitcoin and paypal. Including ease of transactions, ease of use, for ease issues it looks like bitcoin is better. Because to transact using bitcoin can be very simple
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:06:20 PM

Yeah there are many things that can be compared between bitcoin and paypal. Including ease of transactions, ease of use, for ease issues it looks like bitcoin is better. Because to transact using bitcoin can be very simple

Agree. There are many similarities from both Bitcoin and PayPal, such as the ability to send/receive transactions, among a few things. However, one thing for sure is that PayPal doesn't have an "asset" of its own unlike Bitcoin where it could be traded and used as an investment tool where it has an established market cap and long term value.

With Bitcoin, you can trade it, invest into it, and even save it to gain bigger returns as value increases over time. Also, fees are even cheaper than those of PayPal, not to mention that it is very secure due to its growing hashrate.

In the end, it would only be a matter of time before Bitcoin becomes improved and widely used among everyday people in the mainstream world. Perhaps, PayPal will co-exist with Bitcoin in the future, or it will just become replaced by the pioneer cryptocurrency.

Nevertheless, it would be interesting to see if PayPal adopts Bitcoin someday, due to its increasing value and user acceptance. Just sharing my thoughts. Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 07:07:15 AM

u cant get banned from a bitcoin wallet, but u can get banned from PayPal. As paypal continues to fuck over more merchants, and allow fraudulent chargebacks, people are looking at Bitcoin as a payment option
That's correct mate. The chargebacks thing and the limited transaction are moving people to bitcoin. Nevertheless, all of good thing is happening in the world of bitcoin things like many colleges, well-known universities all across the world, higher education, plus private day cares and schools that offer the montessori educational in US are now accepting bitcoin which technical means, bitcoin will overcome the so call paypal just in a couple of years.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:47:21 AM

Bitcoin is making Visa/Mastercard obsolete so will kill Paypal too.
I don't think so because not all countries making Bitcoin Visa/MasterCard, maybe in your country can kill PayPal but I don't think we can also have here like that. Not all people here are interested in bitcoin, maybe if some companies/mall will open there doors for accepting bitcoin for payment.
OrangeII

Activity: 2114
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:56:27 AM

I don't think so because not all countries making Bitcoin Visa/MasterCard, maybe in your country can kill PayPal but I don't think we can also have here like that. Not all people here are interested in bitcoin, maybe if some companies/mall will open there doors for accepting bitcoin for payment.
Probably not everyone is interested in bitcoin, but, that's because of the lack of knowledge with bitcoin. I'm sure, whoever they are, if they know the potential of bitcoin, they will definitely look for bitcoin for their needs. Well, not everyone likes paypal because of its complicated grip, so i guess, there is a big chance bitcoin will exceed paypal.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

HeRetiK
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:26:55 AM

I don't think Bitcoin will make credit cards obsolete anytime soon for the fact alone that credit cards give you... credit. Temporarily borrowing money from credit card companies is one of the use cases that Bitcoin doesn't cover.
MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:45:08 AM

Bitcoin is a currency and an investment, and PayPal is a payment system and if you look at it logically, they can not compete with each other, because these are two different directions.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
HeRetiK
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:08:15 AM

Bitcoin is a currency and an investment, and PayPal is a payment system and if you look at it logically, they can not compete with each other, because these are two different directions.

Bitcoin is a currency that due to its purely digital nature also acts like a payment system. So while PayPal offers additional services, there's still a huge overlap.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:45:32 AM

Bitcoin is a currency that due to its purely digital nature also acts like a payment system. So while PayPal offers additional services, there's still a huge overlap.
I guess Bitcoin is really counted as a payment system because every time I see a online shopping site and look at their modes of payment you will see the Bitcoin symbol along with Paypal, VISA, and MasterCard logos meaning that Bitcoin even though it is counted as a currency can be a mode of payment to the process of wallet to wallet. Now in terms of Bitcoin compared to Paypal, I don't think one is better than another just as long as it gives the consumers options it can benefit both of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: