Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution  (Read 220118 times)
Newscastix

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:15:10 PM

How will shipping be handled when we finalized the shipping address and chips arrived?
I mean paying for shipping etc.?

Since I have no information on how the chips are declared and therefore do not know what additional costs (VAT, customs, handling, etc.) to expect, I'll ship first and ask for payment later.

For reference, prices for sending parcels through SwissPost are listed here (rate: 1CHF ~ 1.07USD). I'll try to lower those costs by sending from EU, otherwise the prices listed there for Urgent parcels (handled through TNT global) are the worst case shipping costs to expect.

I hope shipments to board manufacturers on our behalf will be bundled for each batch that arrives.

That should cut the shipping cost for the bulk of the chips.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:51:24 PM

if anyone wants to sell their batch 2-7 to me, plz pm me chip amount + batch #. Thanks!

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
wojgp

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:25:56 PM

Same me Smiley
if anyone wants to sell their batch 2-7 to me, plz pm me chip amount + batch #. Thanks!
tiros

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Just another miner

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:42:51 PM

How will shipping be handled when we finalized the shipping address and chips arrived?

Since I have no information on how the chips are declared and therefore do not know what additional costs (VAT, customs, handling, etc.) to expect, I'll ship first and ask for payment later.

For reference, prices for sending parcels through SwissPost are listed here (rate: 1CHF ~ 1.07USD). I'll try to lower those costs by sending from EU, otherwise the prices listed there for Urgent parcels (handled through TNT global) are the worst case shipping costs to expect.

I am very interested to see how this will turn out regarding additional costs.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 11:46:04 PM

Thats brave for sure... not a small risk...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:05:38 AM

Thats brave for sure... not a small risk...

and that ... hope all turns out well.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 01:00:37 AM

Same me Smiley

Last minute offer; I have 200 chips in zepir's batch 5 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg1952463#msg1952463). looking for 3 times the initial price if anyone is willing to pay (51.6BTC).

PM me quick if interested. I'm about to order from Burnin so as soon as the website is back up, I'll order and the chips will be off the market.

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
hchc

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:56:10 AM

Zefir and all chip buyers, please take note the way burnin is taking orders by your username and wallet (he abandon the message singing method...). These info are all out in the open so it poses risk for somebody to stole your chips (they paid for assembly with your chips buying info and have it ships to them...). I dunno how burnin will verify info with group buys organizer so you guys have to work it out to prevents against this...SebastianJu has the same concern afaik.

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:25:07 AM

Zefir and all chip buyers, please take note the way burnin is taking orders by your username and wallet (he abandon the message singing method...). These info are all out in the open so it poses risk for somebody to stole your chips (they paid for assembly with your chips buying info and have it ships to them...). I dunno how burnin will verify info with group buys organizer so you guys have to work it out to prevents against this...SebastianJu has the same concern afaik.

I know that's not really Zefir's responsibility, but could his chip addressing system be slightly modified so that we can also enter our personal shipping addresses there? (ie not just to what assembler we chose).  If Burnin was then given access to that info it should be easy for him to then cross check that address is the same as entered on his site.
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:22:39 AM

If this is your fear. Have the chips shipped to your home, and then forward them yourself to burnin.. Then you will not have any questions of chips being yours.
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:06:20 AM

I know that's not really Zefir's responsibility, but could his chip addressing system be slightly modified so that we can also enter our personal shipping addresses there? (ie not just to what assembler we chose).  If Burnin was then given access to that info it should be easy for him to then cross check that address is the same as entered on his site.

No, I can't take over accounting and responsibility for shipping data for all manufacturers. We have an agreement already which includes me sending pre-verified data (i.e. people signed with their payment addresses).

There are several layers of security included here: first, while most users' orders can be identified (due to their posting in the thread), it is not known where the chips are sent to. If someone would try to post false orders (pretending to be an other user with chips in order) three things can happen:
  a) he orders at the wrong manufacturer,
  b) he orders at the correct manufacturer, but the rightful owner does also, and
  c) he orders at the correct manufacturer, while the rightful owner does not.

Case a) reveals him as scammer immediately, b) does the same after he can't prove his order (by signing), while the rightful owner can. The only critical path is c), but this would require that a user was going through the registration and claim process, delegate chips to a manufacturer but failed to place his order there. Given how unlikely this would be, plus the risks involved to scam this way (scammer has to pay manufacturing costs and provide some valid postal address), I personally won't expect too many attempts.

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:28:08 AM

This will maybe not happen Smiley

Update: 1st batch shipped

I got a a status update from Avalon - the first batch of chips has been shipped, including DHL tracking number. It should get delivered this week.

Important reminder: If you have chips ordered from the first batch and did not yet enter your shipping address and locked it - do it soon! Orders without finalized shipping data will be postponed.

i have order in batch one how i can enter shipping address and i want to send it to burnin  or any manufacturers.
glungnahund

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:38:43 AM

I got a a status update from Avalon - the first batch of chips has been shipped, including DHL tracking number. It should get delivered this week.

Important reminder: If you have chips ordered from the first batch and did not yet enter your shipping address and locked it - do it soon! Orders without finalized shipping data will be postponed.

i have order in batch one how i can enter shipping address and i want to send it to burnin  or any manufacturers.

https://verify.wpengine.com/
tigerfree
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:51:08 AM

i cant download bitcoin wallet to signup ,it take long time and need space ,how i can send i can claim signing a message ?
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:00:36 AM

.I'm considering selling my 220 chips from batch 6. Before burnin reopens his assembly service so if interested be fast. I'm looking for no less than 50 btc PM ASAP if interested
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:16:02 AM

i cant download bitcoin wallet to signup ,it take long time and need space ,how i can send i can claim signing a message ?

Seriously, you knew for three months that you will need to sign with the address to get the chips - and now that chips are on their way you notice you can't Undecided

I can't really help you much there, other than offering you a refund if you fail to complete your registration and claim the chips. You need to be fast, though, since from the tracking I see chips are already in Switzerland and should get delivered very soon. You might want to check blockchaininfo or brainwallet as online-wallets that support address signing.

tigerfree
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:35:13 AM

Seriously, you knew for three months that you will need to sign with the address to get the chips - and now that chips are on their way you notice you can't Undecided

I can't really help you much there, other than offering you a refund if you fail to complete your registration and claim the chips. You need to be fast, though, since from the tracking I see chips are already in Switzerland and should get delivered very soon. You might want to check blockchaininfo or brainwallet as online-wallets that support address signing.

sent pm .
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 11:30:45 AM

No, I can't take over accounting and responsibility for shipping data for all manufacturers. We have an agreement already which includes me sending pre-verified data (i.e. people signed with their payment addresses).

There are several layers of security included here: first, while most users' orders can be identified (due to their posting in the thread), it is not known where the chips are sent to. If someone would try to post false orders (pretending to be an other user with chips in order) three things can happen:
  a) he orders at the wrong manufacturer,
  b) he orders at the correct manufacturer, but the rightful owner does also, and
  c) he orders at the correct manufacturer, while the rightful owner does not.

Case a) reveals him as scammer immediately, b) does the same after he can't prove his order (by signing), while the rightful owner can. The only critical path is c), but this would require that a user was going through the registration and claim process, delegate chips to a manufacturer but failed to place his order there. Given how unlikely this would be, plus the risks involved to scam this way (scammer has to pay manufacturing costs and provide some valid postal address), I personally won't expect too many attempts.

Yes, only point 3 is a threat and its not very likely. I only think a scammer with address in china and paying by paypal has no risk to fear at all. One would think that no buyer will abandon his chips and not order assembly but when i see how many billing addresses still are missing in my groupbuy i wonder what those buyers do.
On the other hand. Everyone that fears to be scammed only has to order the assembly before the chips arrive with burnin. Then he is safe. Of course only when you mark in your list when chips are wanted to be verified by burnin. I doubt that burnin would check for duplicate orders in his shop. Thats something the group buy organizers have to do.
Its only a risk that applies to lamers that dont order assembly before the chips arrive at burnin.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:44:46 PM

Yes, only point 3 is a threat and its not very likely. I only think a scammer with address in china and paying by paypal has no risk to fear at all. One would think that no buyer will abandon his chips and not order assembly but when i see how many billing addresses still are missing in my groupbuy i wonder what those buyers do.
On the other hand. Everyone that fears to be scammed only has to order the assembly before the chips arrive with burnin. Then he is safe. Of course only when you mark in your list when chips are wanted to be verified by burnin. I doubt that burnin would check for duplicate orders in his shop. Thats something the group buy organizers have to do.
Its only a risk that applies to lamers that dont order assembly before the chips arrive at burnin.

^This, highlighted by me.

Folks, the first batch of chips is around the corner, but there are still people who did not enter valid shipping data and locked it. Please note: without valid shipping destination, I can't send the chips to you but will skip your order and serve buyers from second batch. Please hurry!

LainZ

Activity: 146

@WiRED

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:48:01 PM

Nice, serves me well, I am #1 in batch 2's list =)

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: