Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin [FTC]  (Read 460455 times)
nesic1

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 06:19:53 PM

http://i.giphy.com/124BSpbysSKhyg.gif
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:09:08 PM

FeatherCoin blockchain updated on CryptoChainer.com
Scofield

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:49:16 AM

I still have a private key containing some FTC, but no way to import it Embarrassed

I can't seem to find a blockchain.info type of wallet to import the keys online,
so I have synced the entire blockchain....

But when I import the privkey I get the following message:

Safe mode: WARNING: Inconsistent checkpoint found! Stop enforcing checkpoints and notify developers to resolve the issue. (code -2)

How to fix?
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:56:12 PM

I remember feathercoin when there were only 40 coins or less in coinmarketcap.com an feathercoin made it to $1. Those was old time. Good to see this coin is still alive Smiley

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:49:17 PM

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing the feather coin price to jump atm?

yeah. what's going on?

https://twitter.com/Fontase/status/722930381117259779

If you remember him, don't tell you're surprised.

Did they rig another "new algo"/ fork ?

Why does it smell like CRAPtsy in here ? Roll Eyes

D'you care to elaborate?

Essentially they ninja launched the neo-scrypt fork by releasing a de-optimized public kernel (and .conf settings) while they/the insiders made the easy money with the fully optimized one.

Anyhoo..

My 280x/hynix is pulling 128 khash with cgminer 3.3.7b and the following settings :
gpu/mem - 1120/1500, win7 x64 cat 14.9 w/ sdk, -I 13, -w 32, -g 2 -g 1

Screenie shows the 280x and 7870 at stock, same settings except -g 1 was used.

edit

both examples used -g 1

Ninja launched? NeoScrypt has been released on the 27th of July 2014 with a working CPU miner. FTC switched to NeoScrypt on the 26th of October 2014 with a working GPU miner. There was no better GPU miner than cgminer-neoscrypt v3.7.7 at the switch time. A community member sponsored a better open source OpenCL kernel and the SGminer support. Wolf0 did the job in early November. Although he continued the development on his own and sold copies of his faster proprietary kernel later, I don't see how the FTC team can be held accountable for this.

Not only did they bork the kernel, they also did it to the .conf settings. Before I came along with my very simple and easy to do .conf tweak, a 280x was only getting 90-100 khash.

Do you realize what your statement is saying about the FTC/ craptsy insiders team's capablility when it comes to coding and mining ?

EDIT

Lest we forget how your skilled FTC team "forgot" to enable solo mining from the onset.. lol..

Can you say.. "way to fuck the crypto movement ! ASSHOLES !" ?

Who are "they" to break your kernel? The initial GPU miner, cgminer-neoscrypt v3.7.x, was developed by a contracted programmer with no prior coding experience in crypto at all. Therefore all these high level network protocols and mining specifics were new to him. No top performance video cards in his possession either. He did it all on a GT210. Indeed his kernel was very slow. Yet he delivered a working miner in 2 months and left for good.

I have fixed Getwork there a month before FTC switched. Here is the patch for your peace of mind: Getwork Fixed, Midstate Removed

"They" as in the FTC/ the cryptsy insiders who crippled the public (not mine) kernel while THEY mined with the fully optimized one.

It's just a speculation. No one crippled it intentionally. NeoScrypt is more advanced (complicated) than most other hashing algorithms including Scrypt. It took a while for optimisations to catch up. My v1 kernel was available in early November of 2014. It's v7 now. HD6970 performance went from 6KH/s at the switch time to 50KH/s in my fastest November's kernel to 280KH/s now. I have never purchased any proprietary NeoScrypt kernels whether fully optimised or not.

Your lame quote editting and attempts at skewing the issue(s) isn't going to work. You remind me of maco/42dice and Dooglus, when you do that. Tongue

Lets try this again.. okie ?!

1. I was given the runaround and essentially ignored after I tried to volunteer for the beta/ testnet phase.
2. For days/weeks, most 280x miners were happy/lucky to get 90 khash.
3. After spending 3-5 minutes tweaking a couple of the .conf settings, my 280x managed to get 122+ khash.
4. 36 hours later, I apparently PWN'd some of the more experienced coders and miners, AGAIN, by bumpin it up to 142 khash. Grin

Ahh the memories ! Roll Eyes

EDIT

I'll try to fix this post later, if/when there is time.

STOP fucking with my posts !

EDIT II

FIXED..  Kiss

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:36:52 AM

yep the whole change to NeoScrypt was as dodgy as, and the cause of the huge plummet from feathercoins peak, when i've pointed it out i've been accused of protecting my own mining interest (funnily enough i don't mine).

tbh any algo flavor is irrelevant nowadays, but dodgy self interest people i find often at the core of ftc often make it a hard coin to support. ftc does have huge potential, but a few core people are tripping over $100 bills to pick up penny type and are toxic to feathercoin.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 12:44:33 AM

yep the whole change to NeoScrypt was as dodgy as, and the cause of the huge plummet from feathercoins peak, when i've pointed it out i've been accused of protecting my own mining interest (funnily enough i don't mine).

tbh any algo flavor is irrelevant nowadays, but dodgy self interest people i find often at the core of ftc often make it a hard coin to support. ftc does have huge potential, but a few core people are tripping over $100 bills to pick up penny type and are toxic to feathercoin.

wolf0 was their front guy with the code/mining kernel. He /they went on to do the same with other new coins and their "new" kernels.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=80740

This goes far beyond the FTC insiders...

smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:32:48 AM

feathercoin was well in the dumps far before the algo change..

just sayin

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:29:19 AM

It was a community based decision. - We wanted to get rid of Scrypt-Asics that why Ghostlander invented NeoScrypt. - Its "AsicResistant" thats how we could maintain that the average person is able to mine Feathercoin still at home with their GPUs.

After the move we had no more problems with multipools only "leeching" and "dumping" the coin, and also the attacks via ASICs to fork our blockchain stagnated. After all it was a high risk move without any doubt. But in the end I have to say that it was a really good move. We are more uniquie and Feathercoin proved that we can react to problems like stated above.

Regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:27:08 AM

FTC prize normalized again,
pump and dump is over

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:15:33 PM

Still way to high...

Although I bought them at a $1 LOL.  The market cap was 1 mill for some time, still pretty large.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:45:54 PM

CryptoFile.Hosting  has been launched and Feathercoin (FTC) can be used to purchase Premium Upgrades through CoinPayments.net !! Host your files and use crypto's to pay and also earn!! Get Value for your Crypto's!!

More Info https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1452559.msg14681575#msg14681575

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 01:52:01 PM

It was a community based decision. - We wanted to get rid of Scrypt-Asics that why Ghostlander invented NeoScrypt. - Its "AsicResistant" thats how we could maintain that the average person is able to mine Feathercoin still at home with their GPUs.

After the move we had no more problems with multipools only "leeching" and "dumping" the coin, and also the attacks via ASICs to fork our blockchain stagnated. After all it was a high risk move without any doubt. But in the end I have to say that it was a really good move. We are more uniquie and Feathercoin proved that we can react to problems like stated above.

Regards,
ChekaZ

Was it a "community based decision" to not fine tune the .conf settings ? lol

Were they your's and/or wolf0's .conf settings ?

Were you guys too busy staring at Wolf0's nsfw backgrounds to notice ? ROLF

You and your shitcoind friends will one day be held morally and legally to account for the harm you have brought to the crypto movement.

Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022

FreshTheGame

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:00:18 PM

Man, if I do not have FTC as you are will write same things...sorry for your bad luck Smiley
ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:12:25 PM

Regards,
ChekaZ

You and your shitcoind friends will one day be held morally and legally to account for the harm you have brought to the crypto movement.

Never seen a Legendary Member writing bullshit nonstop. - As already explained by a few users, all public available @Feathercoinforum. You can read up every single progress step.

You must be really butthurt, sorry for you.

Regards,
ChekaZ

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 03:20:17 PM

Regards,
ChekaZ

Never seen a Legendary Member writing bullshit nonstop. - As already explained by a few users, all public available @Feathercoinforum. You can read up every single progress step.

You must be really butthurt, sorry for you.

Regards,
ChekaZ

When you've spent as much time as I have exposing/trolling scammers such as yourself, your butt might begin to chafe aswell. Tongue

No one is buying your bull's shit anymore.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 03:26:13 PM

You guys and your multiple ANNs... sheesh.. Tongue

♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*
♪░ღ░♪░ ░H░A░P░P░Y░ ░F░O░R░K░ ░D░A░Y░ ░♪░ღ░♪
*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Feathercoin is now on NeoScrypt, 64 blocks so far. All went as well as expected. If you have not updated then please do so now.

If you are having trouble mining you could try one of the following pools below that is now on the new algorithm.

Nut² Pools run by an IT Professional and long time Feathercoin community member

h t t p s : // ftc .nut2pools .com/

Coinotron, well known. Has been the pool for many for years.

https : / / coinotron . com/

Any thoughts ? Roll Eyes

EDIT

Fyi, its been 18 months since your most talented dev has had anything to say about FTC on this forum.

ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:12:27 PM

You guys and your multiple ANNs... sheesh.. Tongue

♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*
♪░ღ░♪░ ░H░A░P░P░Y░ ░F░O░R░K░ ░D░A░Y░ ░♪░ღ░♪
*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Feathercoin is now on NeoScrypt, 64 blocks so far. All went as well as expected. If you have not updated then please do so now.

If you are having trouble mining you could try one of the following pools below that is now on the new algorithm.

Nut² Pools run by an IT Professional and long time Feathercoin community member

h t t p s : // ftc .nut2pools .com/

Coinotron, well known. Has been the pool for many for years.

https : / / coinotron . com/

Any thoughts ? Roll Eyes

EDIT

Fyi, its been 18 months since your most talented dev has had anything to say about FTC on this forum.

Finished crying? Should I bring you a tissue?

aciddude

Activity: 179
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 05:59:16 PM

Regards,
ChekaZ

What attracted me to feathercoin was:

1 - The Community  (they don't have people like you spreading FUD about other coins for no reason...seriously..what's your end game?)

2 - The length of time it's been alive (it's actively mined, traded and developed, it's been around for 3+ years which is a big deal in the crypto world)

3 - It's a damn good coin, currently beating the shit out of BTC as far as confirmation times and actually sending money around.

4 - Fair mining, FTC is a peoples coin, anyone can mine it..it's ASIC resistant and that's an amazing thing...not a bad thing

5 - Spartan like resistance to FUD and FUDsters (FTC did have a rough start, and like most if not all coins has been pumped and dumped etc..scammers are everywhere and this should not reflect on the devs or the product (the Coin) and to think so would be ignorance. )

FTC API + Block Explorer https://fsight.chain.tips
majsta

Activity: 561

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:37:06 PM

@Hippie Tech Can you tell me what was the last time original Bitcoin developer said something about BTC. And that should be the reason why BTC will die? Why developers of FTC need to say anything here? Is this forum only place where they should talk something or instead on their own forum. Go to the feather coin forum and start reading and stop spreading false rumors here please.
Again I will say, I have never seen Legendary member behaves like this. Your story only have one purpose IMHO, either with your activity you want to lower the price so you can buy more coins from those who entered into FTC in last few days and who are not familiar with 3 years long story behind FTC or reason is different, you just can't forgive yourself why didn't have any of FTC to sell it on this newest value rise. At least from Legendary member I would expect to be role model for everyone here...

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 202 »
  Print  

Jump to: