May 05, 2024, 11:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 [5440] 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372589 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:27:42 PM

There has to be a counterbalance to all the cultish posts of the always-bullish people who think that prices are always going straight to the moon tomorrow regardless of any and all TA and that every unfavorable event is always made up.

It was us cultists who kept this project alive when it dropped from $32 to $3 and stayed there for a year. The fraction of investors like me who will willingly go down with the ship are the support base that gives BTC what some call "intrinsic" value. Without us, this really would be a Ponzi Scheme. Contributing to positive change in the world is just as important as ROI.

It was the cultists who kept the project alive, not the developers?
It really doesn't matter if the price goes down to 3$ or 0,3$, what matters is the general utility of bitcoin. The price matters to those who want to get rich with speculation. Sadly bitcoin is built in a way that is extremely attractive to speculation. A coin, that is more about utility then speculation, will actually create a positive change in the world. To tell, that your plans of getting rich by speculation, is bringing positive change to the world, is high level of self-righteousness.

No one would suggest that developers aren't the drivers of the technology. But supporters play a key role as well in spreading a positive influence on the technology and it's potential.

If the goal is to increase adoption, then supporters, regardless of price, will help increase that over people who are constantly bashing it and spreading FUD to benefit their own position.

Then there are people who just come across as obnoxious regardless of their position. They show little respect for others in their posts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biontic

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

HodL tight, it's gonna get wild

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:27:46 PM

It really doesn't matter if the price goes down to 3$ or 0,3$, what matters is the general utility of bitcoin. The price matters to those who want to get rich with speculation.
...and, Yes yes, I know this is the price movement and tracking discussion, but to quote Antonopoulos,

The price really is the least interesting thing about bitcoin
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:28:41 PM

Billie Jean rescued BTC with his bare hands! Holding from 32 to 3$ and up to 1000$ and still in the red.
Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:31:08 PM

There has to be a counterbalance to all the cultish posts of the always-bullish people who think that prices are always going straight to the moon tomorrow regardless of any and all TA and that every unfavorable event is always made up.

It was us cultists who kept this project alive when it dropped from $32 to $3 and stayed there for a year. The fraction of investors like me who will willingly go down with the ship are the support base that gives BTC what some call "intrinsic" value. Without us, this really would be a Ponzi Scheme. Contributing to positive change in the world is just as important as ROI.

It really doesn't matter if the price goes down to 3$ or 0,3$, what matters is the general utility of bitcoin. The price matters to those who want to get rich with speculation. Sadly bitcoin is built in a way that is extremely attractive to speculation. A coin, that is more about utility then speculation, will actually create a positive change in the world. To tell, that your plans of getting rich by speculation, is bringing positive change to the world, is high level of self-righteousness.

You're posting in a fcking Speculation thread, retard

Now are you done shorting?

Please tell me,.... should i buy or sell bitch?

I shorted at around 680, at the end of this awesome careless pump that took the price up from 600 at the start of March. Now I'm not buying back until there is some sure footing. The desperation and high hopes of the hodlers and miners isn't sure footing in my book. The price has to either go down enough, or there have to be new markets that will cause proper rise in demand, then I'm all in and I'd even post a train pic. In my view, buying right now is a disaster waiting to happen.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:32:21 PM

Billie Jean rescued BTC with his bare hands! Holding from 32 to 3$ and up to 1000$ and still in the red.

every time I read his post he is buying.

he probably by now has more coins than goat and mircea.
ChrisML

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:35:27 PM

So, whats going to happen now

Will the sellers finnaly come to sense and hodl till we reach a $1500 ath for now or what.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:36:16 PM

the china news is made up FUD FUD FUD
Until it is known whether the bank ban is true or false, "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt" is what a sensible trader should feel.  Wink
Zapffe

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:36:53 PM

No one would suggest that developers aren't the drivers of the technology. But supporters play a key role as well in spreading a positive influence on the technology and it's potential.

If the goal is to increase adoption, then supporters, regardless of price, will help increase that over people who are constantly bashing it and spreading FUD to benefit their own position.

Then there are people who just come across as obnoxious regardless of their position. They show little respect for others in their posts.

Cultists aren't exactly supporters. They scare away serious investors more then they invite. They make bitcoin look more like an pyramid scheme, then an financial tool. The general public doesn't want to get involved to anything that even smells like a cult. So the "everyone are stupid who doesn't worship bitcoin!" isn't exactly helping bitcoin nor it's price.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:39:09 PM

Please tell me,.... should i buy or sell bitch?

I suppose it depends on whether you want to be a pimp or a john.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:39:14 PM

Supporters are nice. But does a "supporter" have to be someone who makes ridiculous posts that defy logic and deny facts? Does 'supporting' even have to be about pumping the price? I think of it more like it would involve fostering adoption.

So, whats going to happen now

Will the sellers finnaly come to sense and hodl till we reach a $1500 ath for now or what.

If the next ATH was only $1500, that would be very bearish.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:41:10 PM

Really? It was people saying "to da moon" and "fud" that we're rescuing bitcoin? Or was it people who were spreading bitcoin adoption, developing services, adopting merchants, and writing code? Those are two separate things. One particular person might happen to play both roles, but they are still separate roles, and I'm only referring to one of those roles as a 'cultist'.

Unwarranted optimism is not typically cultish behavior. Many actual cultist think the world is going to end. Not the best choice of words, IMHO.
xulescu

Activity: 263

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Really? It was people saying "to da moon" and "fud" that we're rescuing bitcoin? Or was it people who were spreading bitcoin adoption, developing services, adopting merchants, and writing code? Those are two separate things. One particular person might happen to play both roles, but they are still separate roles, and I'm only referring to one of those roles as a 'cultist'.

Unwarranted optimism is not typically cultish behavior. Many actual cultist think the world is going to end and that members of their cult will be illuminated enough to know how to survive certain death. Not the best choice of words, IMHO.

FTFY. Bitcoin cultists are cultists.
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:56:21 PM

dat thread derail
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:04:05 PM

to me, bitcoin is like a little ladybug: not heavy enough to remain stable. (yet)

Cheesy
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:05:45 PM

The lack of news is not good news for investors.

The PBoC has issued no denial yet of the "rumor", even though reporters must be calling and and exchange owners must be pleading for them to issue one.

Exchange owners were angry at the "rumors" at first but seem to be quiet now.  Bobby Lee of BTC-China discusses the rumor as if it were possibly true.

Exchange owners must have contacted their banks, and either got no news, or got bad news.  

Here is a recent opinion piece on Caixin.com (by Google Translate, it seems to assume that the report is correct; obviously, since they are the source.)
http://opinion.caixin.com/2014-03-28/100658175.html

People may want to keep googling ' PBoC bitcoin "March 28" ' or  ' "3月28日" "比特币" '  to see if something sinificant comes up.

EDIT: "sinificant" obviously means "significant with respect to China".  Grin
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

It really doesn't matter if the price goes down to 3$ or 0,3$, what matters is the general utility of bitcoin.

Not true, unfortunately.  Bitcoin can not materially improve the world without a market cap in the trillions.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:27:19 PM

Just when I thought the sentiment could not become worse, it does.

Buy when the sentiment is hostile, sell when it is CCMFtodamoon.

Strong buy to bitcoin at 500.
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:29:24 PM

Just when I thought the sentiment could not become worse, it does.

Buy when the sentiment is hostile, sell when it is CCMFtodamoon.

Strong buy to bitcoin at 500.

Mostly true, every time bitcoin is dead, buy it
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

desperation and high hopes of the hodlers and miners isn't sure footing in my book. The price has to either go down enough, or there have to be new markets that will cause proper rise in demand

it doesn't matter whether the demand is reserve or consumption -- its all demand.  miners who hoard until profitable, with ever increasing costs to play, and holders who hold, constitute reserve demand.  

it is silly to pretend that only utility gives bitcoin value.  there are many sources of value.  market value is simply demand.  market value is not utility value or productive value.  the sources of market value are as diverse as the sources of demand, and no more diverse.

bitcoin has no productive value without market value, without demand.  demand is required in order to provide bitcoin with its utility value.  it is unlike things which do not function as currencies in that regard.

hoarding bitcoin adds to its productive value as well its market value.

a more liquid market will not require hoarders.  but liquidity will not be self-supporting until the market value is much higher.  meanwhile, it is just like hdbuck's little beetle.  we need more hoarding in order for the market value to reach a level where the usability as currency is improved.  more market value motivates entrepreneurs, motivates awareness, motivates participating in the economy.
Zapffe

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:38:25 PM

desperation and high hopes of the hodlers and miners isn't sure footing in my book. The price has to either go down enough, or there have to be new markets that will cause proper rise in demand

it doesn't matter whether the demand is reserve or consumption -- its all demand.  miners who hoard until profitable, with ever increasing costs to play, and holders who hold, constitute reserve demand.  

it is silly to pretend that only utility gives bitcoin value.  there are many sources of value.  market value is simply demand.  market value is not utility value or productive value.  the sources of market value are as diverse as the sources of demand, and no more diverse.

bitcoin has no productive value without market value, without demand.  demand is required in order to provide bitcoin with its utility value.  it is unlike things which do not function as currencies in that regard.

hoarding bitcoin adds to its productive value as well its market value.

a more liquid market will not require hoarders.  but liquidity will not be self-supporting until the market value is much higher.  meanwhile, it is just like hdparms little beetle.  we need more hoarding in order for the market value to reach a level where the usability as currency is improved.  more market value motivates entrepreneurs, motivates awareness, motivates participating in the economy.

Reserve demand can only hold up for so long, and we can see this from the price movement of the previous months. Utility gives bitcoin any value in an idealistic perspective, that was brought forward by some self-righteous posters here. Real thing that gives bitcoin value is it's attraction for speculation.
More market value, together with most of the market owned by anonymous hands, only creates bigger risk. If market value would rise together with the bitcoin market ownership becoming more transparent, then we could talk about it attracting participation. Smart investors never invest into something that has unknown variables that could drastically change the value of investment.
Pages: « 1 ... 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 [5440] 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: