May 02, 2024, 02:25:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 12928 12929 12930 12931 12932 12933 12934 12935 12936 12937 12938 12939 12940 12941 12942 12943 12944 12945 12946 12947 12948 12949 12950 12951 12952 12953 12954 12955 12956 12957 12958 12959 12960 12961 12962 12963 12964 12965 12966 12967 12968 12969 12970 12971 12972 12973 12974 12975 12976 12977 [12978] 12979 12980 12981 12982 12983 12984 12985 12986 12987 12988 12989 12990 12991 12992 12993 12994 12995 12996 12997 12998 12999 13000 13001 13002 13003 13004 13005 13006 13007 13008 13009 13010 13011 13012 13013 13014 13015 13016 13017 13018 13019 13020 13021 13022 13023 13024 13025 13026 13027 13028 ... 33315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370910 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
GaliX

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 11:29:48 PM

bfxdata.com

Haha. Pull the other one.

there is a whole list... just to mention some.

slow confirmations
blocksize
energy consumption
outdated blockchain tech
banks dont give a damn
bad reputation
usage is down
regulatory issues on exchanges
scams everywhere

blockchain is the future, but Bitcoin itself has no intrinsic value and its price is purely based on speculation.

I kinda agree with you... When I started learning about Bitcoin I was also like: "Fuck this is going to take over the hole universe, here you have all my worthless FIAT money..."

But the more you understand the world around bitcoin, the more you should become disillusioned about bitcoin as a competitor to the traditional finance system. It is maybe better for a online payment system... But there is no REAL problem with the traditional Kredit-Card / PayPal /Skrill / SEPA system...

Sure Bitcoin is currently cheaper from a retailer point of view but someone has to pay the system in order to maintain it. I mean if you leave out the Blockreward subvention a TX would cost about 50$...

The only real feature I am still exiting about is the blockchain itself and the potential behind it. That's also the reason why I am looking forward for Etherum because it seems like a much further looking system with much more potential use behind it. I am not an Etherum fanboy neither I am a religious Bitcoin perma-Bull anymore...

Future will tell what was the right decision.. Bitcoins could have had a top we will never reach again the price is purely speculative driven, there is no real demand for bitcoin still..

All I can say be careful with your money... It may seems like it's 108% sure that Bitcoin will go to 100 Million Trillion $ somewhen if you follow this forum or even the reddit subred. But the blind people will in the end pay the bill....

Get out of bitcoin if you don't have the stomach to hodl strong over time  Wink

I don't even care if the price goes up or down... You can make the same money on both ways...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:30:14 PM

I kinda agree with you... When I started learning about Bitcoin I was also like: "Fuck this is going to take over the hole universe, here you have all my worthless FIAT money..."

But the more you understand the world around bitcoin, the more you should become disillusioned about bitcoin as a competitor to the traditional finance system. It is maybe better for a online payment system... But there is no REAL problem with the traditional Kredit-Card / PayPal /Skrill / SEPA system...

Sure Bitcoin is currently cheaper from a retailer point of view but someone has to pay the system in order to maintain it. I mean if you leave out the Blockreward subvention a TX would cost about 50$...

The only real feature I am still exiting about is the blockchain itself and the potential behind it. That's also the reason why I am looking forward for Etherum because it seems like a much further looking system with much more potential use behind it. I am not an Etherum fanboy neither I am a religious Bitcoin perma-Bull anymore...

Future will tell what was the right decision.. Bitcoins could have had a top we will never reach again the price is purely speculative driven, there is no real demand for bitcoin still..

All I can say be careful with your money... It may seems like it's 108% sure that Bitcoin will go to 100 Million Trillion $ somewhen if you follow this forum or even the reddit subred. But the blind people will in the end pay the bill....

Well said. Given the average intelligence of the posters on this forum, the likelihood that they will become 'the new welathy elite' seems both miniscule and scary at the same time. This forum ...  'the wealty elite' ... not sure I want to live in that world

Not saying BTC has no future, just that my gut says that the majority of people here are not 'early adopters' at all and will be taken to the cleaners somewhere along the way.
1 million BTC will be created b4 the halving ... seems like more than enough to satisfy current demand, and the over=leveraged longs, well they are potential sitting ducks to get wiped out b4 BTC 'moons' if it indeed does(Q1 next year seems like a good target for that if it happens - the wipe-out, not the moon ...)

Don't get me wrong. I hold some, but I have no FOMO at the current time and it will take a lot to change that.
After all, if you drink the kool-aid and belive in $50k+, why would you care about buying at $300 or $600 ? Twice as many coins, sure, but when its zero or moon that does not makea lot of difference to a rational person.

The cat is very much out of the bag with BTC and intelligent people now. Don't fool yourself into believing that there is some great secret in crypto anymore. The future will be interesting ...

EDIT: I see the typical bulltard response - 'get out now if you don't have the stomach' LMAO - keep slurping, there are none so blind as those who will not see. This is by no means a sure bet, but the proposed asymetric outcomes are the perfect bait for blind fools.
Norway

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:39:17 PM

bfxdata.com

slow confirmations
blocksize
energy consumption
outdated blockchain tech
banks dont give a damn
bad reputation
usage is down
scams everywhere

blockchain is the future, but Bitcoin itself has no intrinsic value and its price is purely based on speculation.

I don't even care if the price goes up or down... You can make the same money on both ways...

That is true in short time speculation... if you can predict the short time future... which I can't, lacking a crystal ball...
Norway

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:45:05 PM

Well said. Given the average intelligence of the posters on this forum, the likelihood that they will become 'the new welathy elite' seems both miniscule and scary at the same time. This forum ...  'the wealty elite' ... not sure I want to live in that world

Not saying BTC has no future, just that my gut says that the majority of people here are not 'early adopters' at all and will be taken to the cleaners somewhere along the way.
1 million BTC will be created b4 the halving ... seems like more than enough to satisfy current demand, and the over=leveraged longs, well they are potential sitting ducks to get wiped out b4 BTC 'moons' if it indeed does(Q1 next year seems like a good target for that if it happens - the wipe-out, not the moon ...)

Don't get me wrong. I hold some, but I have no FOMO at the current time and it will take a lot to change that.
After all, if you drink the kool-aid and belive in $50k+, why would you care about buying at $300 or $600 ? Twice as many coins, sure, but when its zero or moon that does not makea lot of difference to a rational person.

The cat is very much out of the bag with BTC and intelligent people now. Don't fool yourself into believing that there is some great secret in crypto anymore. The future will be interesting ...

EDIT: I see the typical bulltard response - 'get out now if you don't have the stomach' LMAO - keep slurping, there are none so blind as those who will not see. This is by no means a sure bet, but the proposed asymetric outcomes are the perfect bait for blind fools.

Sounds like some Hero accounts here are being sold or becoming weak hands. I don't know, and I don't care  Wink
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:46:10 PM

bfxdata.com

slow confirmations
blocksize
energy consumption
outdated blockchain tech
banks dont give a damn
bad reputation
usage is down
scams everywhere

That is true in short time speculation... if you can predict the short time future... which I can't, lacking a crystal ball...

Hands down crypto is the future. Bitcoin is digital gold. Think logically everyone. Who knows what Crypto will become the standard for day to day transactions but Bitcoin is here to stay and the price will rise. We need to work together as a family and decentralize everything. We have to think outside of the box of things that seem impossible.  Right now I am trying to figure out if it is possible to create a decentralized cellphone network? So we no longer have to rely on cell phone companies any longer etc... Check this coin out.  Very interesting  development out of china...downloaded the wallet and never seen anything like it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0
NEW WEBSITE: http://www.bitnet.wang   (SWITCH TO ENGLISH)
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vpncoin/

It has a built in VOIP system and IRC and many other neat features. With a decentralized exchange coming. It is a civilian made Tor... I am just trying to figure out what else they could do. There are a ton of bright minds on this thread so the more people involved the better! Also anyone who can speak Chinese + English fluently it is much needed as there is a language barrier between us and the dev.
phoenix1

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:52:55 PM

Sounds like some Hero accounts here are being sold or becoming weak hands. I don't know, and I don't care  Wink

LOL!! Is that the party-line now? No, my account is in the same hands it has always been in ...
I'm just not a bulltard, that's all. I see plenty of potential in crypto, I also believe that I see plenty of delusion and wishful thinking too
Only time will tell  Wink

This is a community of sharks and bait- if you have not realised that by now you are a fool (bait). Does not mean there is not a lot a money to be made in crypto, just make sure you don't get eaten along the way  Wink
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:56:07 PM

You should maybe read this

The main things that Bitcoin offers over the traditional fiat monetary instruments are: a fixed economic base3, uninterdictable transactions and unfreezable funds, and an immutable history of all transactions that have ever taken place, secured by proof of work on the technical side and mutually-assured-destruction on the game theory side.

Bitcoinating very specifically has nothing to do with: making people rich by virtue of holding bitcoin keys, "banking the unbanked", processing as many transactions as Visa, or any of the other entirely orthogonal concerns USG muppets routinely trot out in vain attempts to undermine the thing in the way they've become accustomed to coopting other "open source" projects like GPG and OpenSSL.

http://cascadianhacker.com/blog/2015/04/24_bitcoin-needs-no-changes-to-destroy-your-world.html
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 11:57:14 PM

Someone see bitcoin surpassing 300$ in August?

This days it was near but it could not break that barrier

it looks like that we will see the price above 300 in august.

chart pattern is called  Ascending Triangle.
Norway

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:57:54 PM

Sounds like some Hero accounts here are being sold or becoming weak hands. I don't know, and I don't care  Wink

LOL!! Is that the party-line now? No, my account is in the same hands it has always been in ...
I'm just not a bulltard, that's all. I see plenty of potential in crypto, I also believe that I see plenty of delusion and wishful thinking too

This is a community of sharks and bait- if you have not realised that by now you are a fool (bait). Does not mean there is not a lot a money to be made in crypto, just make sure you don't get eaten along the way  Wink

Ok, becoming weak hands it is  Wink

EDIT: Or becoming bait, lol!
phoenix1

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:00:19 AM

If that presumption makes you feel better, roll with it ... you are very clever, you will definitely win this game, remember that  Roll Eyes
Greendragon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:01:04 AM

If that presumption makes you feel better, roll with it ... you are very clever, you will definitely win this game, remember that  Roll Eyes

legendary members losing fait..
bullish
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:02:48 AM

Coin
Explanation
Norway

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:05:27 AM

I did the math 5 months ago. Posted it here before, but I think it's time to do it again:

phoenix1

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:10:39 AM

If that presumption makes you feel better, roll with it ... you are very clever, you will definitely win this game, remember that  Roll Eyes

legendary members losing faith..
bullish

Thanks for the compliment - I'm only 'Hero' actually, nice to be called Legendary tho

Losing faith .. no. Open-minded, yes. Try it ... tunnel vision is a painful affliction. If you cannot see the corporations doing what they can to find ways to use private blockchains, and that there is a very valid use case for this then you are a blind fool.
BTC is very different and many more factors will determine the outcome of this particular game-winthin-a-game. And if you cannot see the conflicts of interst already rearing their heads within the BTC sphere then you are also blind. There are no guarantees and if you enter into it with anything but this perspective, then you, sir, are an idiot

EDIT: and there we go, rght on cue, Norway posting the 'IF' chart, the one that inspires dreams of wealth and fortune ... you could be a timeshare salesman Norway  Roll Eyes

BTW, where is the one for 'IF BTC goes to zero you lose everything', and where are the probabilities you asign to each outcome as any rational person ought to if using such charts as guidance? Without them, its just 'bait'
Norway

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:16:18 AM

If that presumption makes you feel better, roll with it ... you are very clever, you will definitely win this game, remember that  Roll Eyes

legendary members losing faith..
bullish

Thanks for the compliment - I'm only 'Hero' actually, nice to be called Legendary tho

Losing faith .. no. Open-minded, yes. Try it ... tunnel vision is a painful affliction. If you cannot see the corporations doing what they can to find ways to use private blockchains, and that there is a very valid use case for this then you are a blind fool.
BTC is very different and many more factors will determine the outcome of this particular game-winthin-a-game. And if you cannot see the conflicts of interst already rearing their heads within the BTC sphere then you are also blind. There are no guarantees and if you enter into it with anything but this perspective, then you, sir, are an idiot

EDIT: and there we go, rght on cue, Norway posting the 'IF' chart, the one that inspires dreams of wealth and fortune ... you could be a timeshare salesman Norway  Roll Eyes

IF you want a current update on private blockchains, watch this: (Yes, I obviously have to quote myself from just a few posts back...)

Hi guys, back from holiday!
Did you see this clip from American Bankers Digital Currencies + the Blockchain Conference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clc3ZOP2zUo

The funniest part is at 46:10 where Chris DeRose ask Blythe Masters two questions, lol!
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 12:19:10 AM

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/051414/could-one-bitcoin-come-be-worth-1-billion-qa.asp
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:20:26 AM

You'd be a silly sausage to bet your future on the basis of a mythical outcome. Similarly you'd be somewhat daffy to be fully aware of its potential implications and not have a scrap or two of skin in the game.

There are vested interests frothing away at both ends of the spectrum. Take what you wish from either but find your own balance that takes every scenario into account and stick to it.
phoenix1

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:22:31 AM

You'd be a silly sausage to bet your future on the basis of a mythical outcome. Similarly you'd be somewhat daffy to be fully aware of its potential implications and not have a scrap or two of skin in the game.

There are vested interests frothing away at both ends of the spectrum. Take what you wish from either but find your own balance that takes every scenario into account and stick to it.

Nice summary gentlemand  Wink
Sometimes less words say more  Cheesy
Norway

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:28:47 AM

Nice summary gentlemand  Wink
Sometimes less words say more  Cheesy

A bit Captain Obvious, isn't it? lol  Cheesy
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:30:46 AM

A bit Captain Obvious, isn't it? lol  Cheesy

Hmm. I often wonder...
Pages: « 1 ... 12928 12929 12930 12931 12932 12933 12934 12935 12936 12937 12938 12939 12940 12941 12942 12943 12944 12945 12946 12947 12948 12949 12950 12951 12952 12953 12954 12955 12956 12957 12958 12959 12960 12961 12962 12963 12964 12965 12966 12967 12968 12969 12970 12971 12972 12973 12974 12975 12976 12977 [12978] 12979 12980 12981 12982 12983 12984 12985 12986 12987 12988 12989 12990 12991 12992 12993 12994 12995 12996 12997 12998 12999 13000 13001 13002 13003 13004 13005 13006 13007 13008 13009 13010 13011 13012 13013 13014 13015 13016 13017 13018 13019 13020 13021 13022 13023 13024 13025 13026 13027 13028 ... 33315 »
  Print  

Jump to: