May 03, 2024, 01:06:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 14664 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 14671 14672 14673 14674 14675 14676 14677 14678 14679 14680 14681 14682 14683 14684 14685 14686 14687 14688 14689 [14690] 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 14740 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371136 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:50:25 AM

We are nowhere close to "everything will suck soon" tm. You guys have been saying that for a year now btw.

Actually several years. We've been repeatedly pointing at the same stupid, unnecessary hard ceiling, and pointing out that the inexorable trend of increasing transactions has us on a clear intersect.

In the meantime, we have recently gone from things never sucking in regards to capacity, to things sucking for brief flashes of time. The issue is not how much one needs to pay to get a transaction through, the issue is that with the current block size, no more than about 350,000 transactions can be processed in a day. Period. No matter how much money is thrown at the transactions.

Here's what those two non-parallel lines would look like if the bump to 2MB occurs May 1:

Thanks! This is still the best graph.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:01:22 AM

Coin

Explanation
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:10:46 AM

The guy tried his best to help fix a problem and was treated as shit for it.

Maybe he should have tried harder to write some actual code.

It doesn't seem like our current conundrum is due to a lack of code.

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing what response you, brg444, icebreaker, hdbuck et al. provide for our entertainment if the network actually forks to classic and no disaster occurs. All that brazen supercilious venom spewed over the last year with potentially nothing to show for haha.

Smiley

I'm glad you're finding it hilarious. I don't. Because I invested non-trivial portion of my portfolio into Bitcoin and I'd hate it all to go "poof!" if a hostile hard fork backfires and the net DOES split into two. Are you willing to bet ALL your BTC that this has a zero chance of happening? I would not be so sure.

Still got time to cut your loose Cheesy
*Not much tho, look at them Classic nodes springing up! Like mushrooms after an autumn rain Smiley

Actually, those classic nodes are more like fungus spreading on the corpses of XT/unlimited nodes.  Grin

So we agree that Bitcoin Classic is a kind of fungus. I guess that's progress.
Trolfi

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:12:32 AM

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing what response you, brg444, icebreaker, hdbuck et al. provide for our entertainment if the network actually forks to classic and no disaster occurs. All that brazen supercilious venom spewed over the last year with potentially nothing to show for haha.

Smiley

I'm glad you're finding it hilarious. I don't. Because I invested non-trivial portion of my portfolio into Bitcoin and I'd hate it all to go "poof!" if a hostile hard fork backfires and the net DOES split into two. Are you willing to bet ALL your BTC that this has a zero chance of happening? I would not be so sure.

yes, best to allow some private company with their own and their VC's agenda to take over bitcoin and dictate its development. surely that's what you signed up for.

Some corporation or other will always be there to try to bareback our little network. I'm calling it the Fidelity problem. Angry

yep, but we are learning how to deal with it. it will be decisive. better now than later.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:15:51 AM

Smiley

*Not much tho, look at them Classic nodes springing up! Like mushrooms after an autumn rain Smiley

Actually, those classic nodes are more like fungus spreading on the corpses of XT/unlimited nodes.  Grin

Yes. All fungi have a certain role to play in any given ecosystem.
orpington

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:18:09 AM

We are nowhere close to "everything will suck soon" tm. You guys have been saying that for a year now btw.

Actually several years. We've been repeatedly pointing at the same stupid, unnecessary hard ceiling, and pointing out that the inexorable trend of increasing transactions has us on a clear intersect.

In the meantime, we have recently gone from things never sucking in regards to capacity, to things sucking for brief flashes of time. The issue is not how much one needs to pay to get a transaction through, the issue is that with the current block size, no more than about 350,000 transactions can be processed in a day. Period. No matter how much money is thrown at the transactions.

Here's what those two non-parallel lines would look like if the bump to 2MB occurs May 1:

Yes, this is still the best meaningless graph, Andre#.

You are so "spot on" lately. Grin
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:21:19 AM

Smiley

Careful, you're turning Gavinista now.
orpington

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:26:35 AM

Smiley

No. But we certainly do need mechanisms for the removal of decay whatever that might be. Classic is a temporary manifestation of this and it does serve a certain perhaps obscure purpose for sure.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:29:03 AM

Smiley

Actually, those classic nodes are more like fungus spreading on the corpses of XT/unlimited nodes.  Grin

No. But we certainly do need mechanisms for the removal of decay whatever that might be. Classic is a temporary manifestation of this and it does serve a certain perhaps obscure purpose for sure.

Agree 100%
orpington

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:45:24 AM

Smiley

Actually, those classic nodes are more like fungus spreading on the corpses of XT/unlimited nodes.  Grin

Agree 100%

All the fighting and arguing of late is rather disheartening. I miss those days of solidarity and common purpose and wonder if it will ever return.

Whatever, though. It's all just a fucking game anyway!  Grin
Andre#

Activity: 737

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:52:10 AM

I am, indeed.  Cheesy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:01:41 AM

Coin

Explanation
orpington

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:10:58 AM

I am, indeed.  Cheesy
Yup.

Spot on toilet paper! Grin
valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:12:19 AM

I am, indeed.  Cheesy

Wahou wahou wahou!

Thanks for the graph indeed, it's a good way to see things.

But what I get from this graph is that 2mb blocks would be a very temporary solution no? Is it only me?
Cause it seems like even if we go to 2mb it'll last for a few months maybe a year or two before we need another action taken.
orpington

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:18:01 AM

I am, indeed.  Cheesy

Wahou wahou wahou!

Thanks for the graph indeed, it's a good way to see things.

But what I get from this graph is that 2mb blocks would be a very temporary solution no? Is it only me?
Cause it seems like even if we go to 2mb it'll last for a few months maybe a year or two before we need another action taken.

You are "spot on" too. Just like Andre#! Grin

We need 500mb blocks next week lol
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:43:31 AM

Why does anybody push this crazy chaotic, contencious (75% 28 days) hard-fork when we have a far superior solution in segwit.

Could everybody please chill and not belive the FUD about capacity cliff. Bitcoin doing as good as ever.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 11:54:10 AM

Why does anybody push this crazy chaotic, contencious (75% 28 days) hard-fork when we have a far superior solution in segwit.

Could everybody please chill and not belive the FUD about capacity cliff. Bitcoin doing as good as ever.

Because, just maybe, they dont share your blind faith?

valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:59:14 AM

Well in my own personal case, it's just because I never heard of that thing and have no idea of what it is. Grin

Communication is important buddy!
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:00:12 PM

Blind faith in what, Gavin?  You think Segwit wont be implemented? Its already running on testnet and wallet developers are working with core devs to integrate. Most wallet devs said its relatively simple.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:01:28 PM

Coin

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 14664 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 14671 14672 14673 14674 14675 14676 14677 14678 14679 14680 14681 14682 14683 14684 14685 14686 14687 14688 14689 [14690] 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 14740 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: