May 02, 2024, 03:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 14664 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 14671 [14672] 14673 14674 14675 14676 14677 14678 14679 14680 14681 14682 14683 14684 14685 14686 14687 14688 14689 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 ... 33315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370941 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:19:16 PM

The Curious Case of Gregory Maxwell & The Lightning Network

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-curious-case-of-gregory-maxwell-and-the-lightning-network/

The routing problem is further complicated because they don't only want to route transactions. They want to take a slice and collect a fee for doing so. This is a fee that will come directly out of the pockets of miners and will make Bitcoin less secure.

Blockstream hobbles bitcoin, gives it a crutch and then tries to take credit that it can walk. If Core loses their position as reference client developers, they should try a career in government.

Greg would make a pretty good banker. Why not give it a try??

Looks like he's making the same mistakes bankers made in the early 2000s as well. Introducing products he doesn't understand and/or doesn't understand the consequences of.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:23:52 PM

Everyone is buying Bitcoins. Yaay!
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:27:21 PM

man Bitcoin looks slow and heavy compared to the forex market currently.
The Euro got 4% in like 2 days without a pullback.

Maybe bitcoin is finally just reacting to the weak Dollar which is on his knees together with the stock markets?

Man if the markets flip over we could see a worse crash then in 2008... It's going to be really interesting how Bitcoin is going to react at the first big scale global crisis.
Will it shine? Or just dump like everything else?

We shall see.

That might be the real reason the EU want to regulate Bitcoin exchanges to the extreme. If there's a big stock market crash on the scale of 2008 they won't want people hiding their money in Bitcoin. With extreme exchange regulations about reporting every trade, withdrawal, and deposit they could find out every EU citizen's transactions in real time.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:29:46 PM

I'm not participating in this thread to compete with anyone regarding purported intelligence or any other characteristic or to pump anything. 

And sure, I have no problem that many of the posters may be more intelligent than me in a variety of ways.  In fact, I expect every poster to have some kind of knowledge that is greater than mine concerning that person's own experiences.

It seems like within the past couple of days, I responded to another post of yours that had a similar level of accusations towards me.

I found it...... for ease of reference, here it is:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg13758940#msg13758940 

Accordingly, I responded to your post, but you "conveniently" failed to acknowledge or respond to any of my points within that post.

In essence, I don't necessarily want to be repetitive in making points that I have already made in my earlier post, so if there is anything, you can respond to that.   Accordingly, if we are here genuinely attempting to stay on topic and to provide our experiences in respect to bitcoin, then, some of us are going to have different views regarding the future of bitcoin (if any).

yeah i do repeat myself a lot... purposely .. because if i dont people will forget.

You repeat yourself and you fail / refuse to respond to substance because you do not have any real and meaningful substantive analysis to provide beyond your various narrow talking points that are largely detached from facts.

nah is much more simple than that: i just grown to not like you juangee because you spread false rumors that nothing is wrong with bitcoin.. your simply a LIAR.

O.k.  Well, we do not really need to interact with one another, but there is a bit of bullshit in your various responses when you throw out a variety of allegations and then you fail to respond to any substance when called on it....  I think that you do not like me and you are calling me names because you are lacking substantive responses... and it is just easier for you to call names and avoid anything meaningful.

In that regard, you would likely have difficulties pointing out any actual evidence to prove your allegations or various conclusory points you make or even to substantiate how I could be a liar (what would I be lying about?  HELROW?  my opinion?) 

You are likely unable to point out any instance of me lying and then get into any substantive discussion of that... like, for example, you pointing out Ripple as a supposed meaningful competitor to Bitcoin... yeah right   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   You throw out the name, and then you have no ability to back it, and you comment makes little to no sense... just like your allegation that I am somehow lying about something, such as my opinion... what nonsense.   If you avoid substance, then it makes it easier for you to spin and to continue to ignore actual facts.  Your conduct seems to fit fairly closely within the definition of trolling.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 07:32:43 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-curious-case-of-gregory-maxwell-and-the-lightning-network/

The routing problem is further complicated because they don't only want to route transactions. They want to take a slice and collect a fee for doing so. This is a fee that will come directly out of the pockets of miners and will make Bitcoin less secure.

Blockstream hobbles bitcoin, gives it a crutch and then tries to take credit that it can walk. If Core loses their position as reference client developers, they should try a career in government.

hearn beat him to it.

I wouldn't even know who Mike Hearn is if Core were doing their damn jobs. Blockstream is using an anti-spam kludge as an economic tool. They were never authorized by the owners (holders) or the employees (miners) to do so. They infect the network so they can sell us the cure. Mike Hearn wanted to bypass Core because Core IS the problem.  This is the free market equivalent of regulatory capture. Well, it won't work. Either the market embraces Blockstream and gives me an opportunity to cash out at a nice profit, or it rejects smallblocks and crashes, incentivizing the miners to adopt a real scaling solution.  I'm good either way, so what's it gonna be?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:34:55 PM

man Bitcoin looks slow and heavy compared to the forex market currently.
The Euro got 4% in like 2 days without a pullback.

Maybe bitcoin is finally just reacting to the weak Dollar which is on his knees together with the stock markets?

Man if the markets flip over we could see a worse crash then in 2008... It's going to be really interesting how Bitcoin is going to react at the first big scale global crisis.
Will it shine? Or just dump like everything else?

We shall see.

I think that it is true that we do not really know for sure when any kind of real big adjustment is going to take place.

I don't think that the dollar is anywhere on its knees, but you are correct that the bubble may not be sustainable and a sudden flip could take place at some unexpected time... whether within days or even months... .... but adjustments, here and there, I am not sure about whether a sudden adjustment is imminent...

In any event, I believe that my BTC portfolio is in a pretty decent position in the event that BTC is a counter performer to the dollar.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:35:16 PM

hearn beat him to it.

Always room for one more.

Garzik seems on his way.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:35:43 PM

Looks like he's making the same mistakes bankers made in the early 2000s as well. Introducing products he doesn't understand and/or doesn't understand the consequences of.

I'm starting to wish he had just stuck to Moneros. Sad
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:41:47 PM

I wouldn't even know who Mike Hearn is if Core were doing their damn jobs. Blockstream is using an anti-spam kludge as an economic tool. They were never authorized by the owners (holders) or the employees (miners) to do so. They infect the network so they can sell us the cure. Mike Hearn wanted to bypass Core because Core IS the problem.  This is the free market equivalent of regulatory capture.
Frightens and confuses me, how much I agree.
Well, it won't work.
Phew! Disregard, order restored.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 07:48:52 PM

Ha! Bankers don't make mistakes - they still make money either way. And Greg is just realising that he doesn't really need to 'sell' anything now - the deal is done and dusted.

But what I cant get with is the fact that he knows he has no solution to routing, but is willing to pretend otherwise. Seems a dangerous strategy. But maybe its the only game left. And it seems to be working - getting Horizons and AXA onboard ( albeit with a lot less money than they are letting on) is no mean achievement. But it will be the death of Bitcoin as the vast majority of its community understand it to be.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:02:00 PM

Coin

Explanation
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:09:33 PM

Ha! Bankers don't make mistakes - they still make money either way. And Greg is just realising that he doesn't really need to 'sell' anything now - the deal is done and dusted.

But what I cant get with is the fact that he knows he has no solution to routing, but is willing to pretend otherwise. Seems a dangerous strategy. But maybe its the only game left. And it seems to be working - getting Horizons and AXA onboard ( albeit with a lot less money than they are letting on) is no mean achievement. But it will be the death of Bitcoin as the vast majority of its community understand it to be.

Satoshi might post his opinion backed by his PGP key to stop his creation mutating into something he opposes. His voice could change attitudes faster than anything else. Most of the community would back his opinion because he is the instigator of the Bitcoin project. If he's alive he must be following what's happening to Bitcoin.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:16:21 PM

Satoshi might post his opinion backed by his PGP key to stop his creation mutating into something he opposes. His voice could change attitudes faster than anything else. Most of the community would back his opinion because he is the instigator of the Bitcoin project. If he's alive he must be following what's happening to Bitcoin.

He's probably just waiting to dump on corporate America at the most opportune moment. Then they can all sue Blockstream.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:28:49 PM

He has probably expressed his opinion many times, but was banned for 'trolling core'.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:37:13 PM

Price when approaching Bitcoin halving in July:

A. Big drop?

B. Big pump?

Definitely gonna pump the living daylights out of it. If you time it well, there's money to be made. But I suspect that it will happen about a month before the first 12.5btc block.

+1 the pump began with the Marshal's Auction Pump 2015. .. it will proceed upward pump beyond $500 probably after tax day .. and as predicted, bitcoin has not gone below 350 due to that being uncomfortably close to 300.. predicting this is easy when you understand the mindset and strategies of the manipulators. another strategy they like to employ is to discredit those who make predictions .. it is the same strategy they employ in the pm markets. the same strategies.

what we should be careful about is how they are dragging their feet to fix the scaling issue. they could pump bitcoin for the halvening, and then kill it with scaling failure in a wealth transfer scheme. and then roll out something new, if they even have time left to do that.. the federal reserve caught in the crunch right now.. they need a way to fix their books .

in other words: TRADE WITH CAUTION
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:39:13 PM

He has probably expressed his opinion many times, but was banned for 'trolling core'.

I don't think so. I doubt he would approve of subversive altcoin garbage like "Classic" and the chumps behind it.
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:52:14 PM

Are you ready to say good bye to the $3xx range?  Grin

Not ready for the $200 range just yet. Lots of volatility first.

$200 range ?? u think mike hearn would released his big fud if this was going back to $200 range ?? i think the thinking is that if it were going to happen it already would have.. it shoulda happened immediatly .. it should never reached $500 either... maybe it will after the halvening after the pump when they can pull a wealth transfer. otherwise.. no more $200 range before halvening. ..  silver is up $1.50 since i first told everyone to buy when i bought two 100 oz englehard silver bars that ring true ......................... i doubt they crush it again cuz we are not doing like they want.. instead we keep buying.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:56:02 PM

We will get through this... with or without him.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:56:37 PM

For promoting an altcoin.
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:58:18 PM

I'm not participating in this thread to compete with anyone regarding purported intelligence or any other characteristic or to pump anything.  

And sure, I have no problem that many of the posters may be more intelligent than me in a variety of ways.  In fact, I expect every poster to have some kind of knowledge that is greater than mine concerning that person's own experiences.

It seems like within the past couple of days, I responded to another post of yours that had a similar level of accusations towards me.

I found it...... for ease of reference, here it is:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg13758940#msg13758940  

Accordingly, I responded to your post, but you "conveniently" failed to acknowledge or respond to any of my points within that post.

In essence, I don't necessarily want to be repetitive in making points that I have already made in my earlier post, so if there is anything, you can respond to that.   Accordingly, if we are here genuinely attempting to stay on topic and to provide our experiences in respect to bitcoin, then, some of us are going to have different views regarding the future of bitcoin (if any).

yeah i do repeat myself a lot... purposely .. because if i dont people will forget.

You repeat yourself and you fail / refuse to respond to substance because you do not have any real and meaningful substantive analysis to provide beyond your various narrow talking points that are largely detached from facts.

nah is much more simple than that: i just grown to not like you juangee because you spread false rumors that nothing is wrong with bitcoin.. your simply a LIAR.

O.k.  Well, we do not really need to interact with one another, but there is a bit of bullshit in your various responses when you throw out a variety of allegations and then you fail to respond to any substance when called on it....  I think that you do not like me and you are calling me names because you are lacking substantive responses... and it is just easier for you to call names and avoid anything meaningful.

In that regard, you would likely have difficulties pointing out any actual evidence to prove your allegations or various conclusory points you make or even to substantiate how I could be a liar (what would I be lying about?  HELROW?  my opinion?)  

You are likely unable to point out any instance of me lying and then get into any substantive discussion of that... like, for example, you pointing out Ripple as a supposed meaningful competitor to Bitcoin... yeah right   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   You throw out the name, and then you have no ability to back it, and you comment makes little to no sense... just like your allegation that I am somehow lying about something, such as my opinion... what nonsense.   If you avoid substance, then it makes it easier for you to spin and to continue to ignore actual facts.  Your conduct seems to fit fairly closely within the definition of trolling.

i haven't been reading your entire posts...sorry. your kind of trash talk downs people u disagree with in the forum rather than objects like bitcoin .
Pages: « 1 ... 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 14664 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 14671 [14672] 14673 14674 14675 14676 14677 14678 14679 14680 14681 14682 14683 14684 14685 14686 14687 14688 14689 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 ... 33315 »
  Print  

Jump to: