May 03, 2024, 12:36:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 [3875] 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371131 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:18:45 PM

Guys the joke on us, I've been watching Mtgox and bitstamp and simply some smart people are slowly buying small batches of 20-50 BTC each hour and it has been happening for the last couple of day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:20:37 PM

For those interested, you can vote to have doge banned

https://www.change.org/petitions/united-states-congress-make-the-doge-meme-illegal-in-all-forms

For those not that interested. Can someone explain me how is it possible that such a ridiculous concept has a bigger number of network transactions that bitcoin itself?

http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-doge.html

Or that the Google trends for dogecoin is ridiculously high for its age

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin%2C%20dogecoin&cmpt=q

Is this some kind of viral effect that is going to be crazyness all around?

Maybe we bitcoiners are too brainiacs (wow too much geek) and the doge movement is just normal people that don't give a shit about the idea behind crypto but just want to join it tipping money to their friends (and internet money related things) and choose doge as a satirical form?

Or can someone explain how on reddit.com /r/dogecoin has 802 talking right now and /r/bitcoin has 586 at the very same moment.

Is normal that "things" have a hardcore version and a normal public version. Is/will be dogecoin the normal public viral version of bitcoin?

Any ideas?
I think doge may have been launched as a sort of proof-of-concept into exactly how far something can go and how far a price can increase based on popularity alone, and is meant to debase and demonstrate that other altcoins or even bitcoin are driven by raw popularity and not by their features.
pdawg

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:22:09 PM

FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:25:43 PM

For those not that interested. Can someone explain me how is it possible that such a ridiculous concept has a bigger number of network transactions that bitcoin itself?

Miner ! They can withdraw everyday when for bitcoin they wait weeks for the minimum withdraw amount
Or just because 30B dogecoin are alreday on the wild, kids have fun to send cents over the network ! OMG i just send you 10.000 doge ! Amazing, 10.000 !!!!
ChrisML

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:26:16 PM

https://www.change.org/petitions/united-states-congress-make-the-doge-meme-illegal-in-all-forms

Maybe we bitcoiners are too brainiacs (wow too much geek) and the doge movement is just normal people that don't give a shit about the idea behind crypto but just want to join it tipping money to their friends (and internet money related things) and choose doge as a satirical form?

Or can someone explain how on reddit.com /r/dogecoin has 802 readers right now and /r/bitcoin has 586 at the very same moment.

Is normal that "things" have a hardcore version and a normal public version. Is/will be dogecoin the normal public viral version of bitcoin?

Any ideas?

Sadness, such much.

I kinda understand. I assume you, and other hardcore butt digging Bitcoiners are feeling raped cause of such a coin getting such attention. Such wow, such currency.

For all I know, and what it looks like, this will continue for some time. Gotta say, I fucking love it.

-MASSIVE EDIT-

Reid Webb FL, FL 13 days ago    Liked 70
Doge is possibly one of the worst things to happen to america since 9/11. It's causing our society to crumble and risks our future children's lives! We must stop doge before it brings more harm!

Just by looking at those kinda comments make me believe, Doge owners outsmart Doge haters. Jesus.
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 01:28:18 PM

Dogecoin is used and has a fair price.
Bitcoin is way overspeculated. It's nothing for the average user.

Bitcoin transactions are a joke compared to the price increase. Few trades were made, but the price still kept going up without any real world utility (Bitpay is ZERO utility).
Dogecoin is that what bitcoin should be. A cryptocurrency that is USED and not only hoarded or speculated.

And still I hold way more bitcoins (in value) than the few million dogecoins.
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:30:50 PM

A cryptocurrency that is USED and not only hoarded or speculated.

Please can you explain to me where to you use your doges ?
telemaco

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:31:16 PM

Or can someone explain how on reddit.com /r/dogecoin has 802 readers right now and /r/bitcoin has 586 at the very same moment.

Any ideas?

Sadness, such much.

I kinda understand. I assume you, and other hardcore butt digging Bitcoiners are feeling raped cause of such a coin getting such attention. Such wow, such currency.

For all I know, and what it looks like, this will continue for some time. Gotta say, I fucking love it.

-MASSIVE EDIT-

Doge is possibly one of the worst things to happen to america since 9/11. It's causing our society to crumble and risks our future children's lives! We must stop doge before it brings more harm!

Just by looking at those kinda comments make me believe, Doge owners outsmart Doge haters. Jesus.

Please don't get my post as an attack to dogecoin, it was not my intention. I am just very surprised.
I normally put some attention to alt coins just in case i want to invest a 5% and this one seems to be getting viral?. It is already moving more money daily than litecoin?
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:31:33 PM

Guys the joke on us, I've been watching Mtgox and bitstamp and simply some smart people are slowly buying small batches of 20-50 BTC each hour and it has been happening for the last couple of day.

It is actually the same bullshit Gox bot that was identified a couple weeks ago. At least on Gox. People call it the "Willy" bot and is likely run by MtGox since it had trading access while everyone else was shut out of Gox for an hour+ last week. Most of this current rise on Gox is the Willy bot. Buys around 15btc every 7-10 minutes.
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 01:34:48 PM

You really did fall for the GOX bot?  Grin
Some people still believe that bitcoin price is based purely ond supply and demand?

Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:41:32 PM

Logic Dictates following all this doge talk.. CCMF lets go huobi break 5000 and make me proud
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:48:35 PM

Sadness, such much.

-MASSIVE EDIT-

Or perhaps you need to turn up your sarcasm detector a notch or two?

Doge is fun, and an interesting playground for understanding crypto. But the "such much" language is wearing pretty thin.

Good luck to you anyway.

ChrisML

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:50:13 PM

Any ideas?

Sadness, such much.

-MASSIVE EDIT-

Please don't get my post as an attack to dogecoin, it was not my intention. I am just very surprised.
I normally put some attention to alt coins just in case i want to invest a 5% and this one seems to be getting viral?. It is already moving more money daily than litecoin?

I dont see it as an attack. Like hell, make fun of it all day. In the meantime it gets more trading volume than Bitcoins. It's actually accessible for the mass, which Bitcoin is not.

Yes, Bitcoin is amazing. But looking at other altcoins which are rapidly rising into profitable coins, Bitcoin is not. What do you need these days for mining Bitcoins? A container ship filled with rigs. I pull in 25k of Dogecoins a day. Thats around 14 bucks. Minus electricity and what my rig has set me back, I end up with around 8 dollars a day. And that's at this price.

With 65k blocks broken down, the reward from the blocks will be cut in half once we hit a 100k. By that time, it will go up more, and more and hopefully, more.
MikeH

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:54:35 PM

It makes no sense to me either, I read the doge announcement and continued looking for other 'real' alt coins as I thought it was nothing but a joke and never intended for it to be seriously mined or get onto an exchange.

I find it just as ridiculous that someone on youtube could have 20 million subscribers for just making silly comments while playing games.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:02:10 PM

calm before the storm??

freet0pian

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

Any news associated with this Huobi spike?
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:07:39 PM

It is actually the same bullshit Gox bot that was identified a couple weeks ago. At least on Gox. People call it the "Willy" bot and is likely run by MtGox since it had trading access while everyone else was shut out of Gox for an hour+ last week. Most of this current rise on Gox is the Willy bot. Buys around 15btc every 7-10 minutes.

No- Huobi lead this small rise. BTC-E has also been relatively strong this weekend. You can't just blame bots.
T.Stuart

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:10:19 PM

You really did fall for the GOX bot?  Grin
Some people still believe that bitcoin price is based purely ond supply and demand?

Bots abound but just a thought: did anyone take into account the new ATMS? Depending on the set up they can be linked to exchanges. Apparently people have regularly been buying the highest possible limit of BTC via these babies.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:13:40 PM

No- Huobi lead this small rise. BTC-E has also been relatively strong this weekend. You can't just blame bots.

I didn't say Gox lead the rise over all the exchanges, I said Gox alone. The bot on Gox has been doing the majority of buying over the last couple hours. I didn't originally identify this bot nor am I the only one who sees it exists. For Gox yes one can blame the bot. It buys 15 every 7 or so minutes and there has been a lot of volume. It is rather easy to spot.
T.Stuart

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

I didn't say Gox lead the rise over all the exchanges, I said Gox alone. The bot on Gox has been doing the majority of buying over the last couple hours. I didn't originally identify this bot nor am I the only one who sees it exists. For Gox yes one can blame the bot. It buys 15 every 7 or so minutes and there has been a lot of volume. It is rather easy to spot.

The thing is, there are plenty of bots trading with plenty of settings. It's all part of the market and quite normal. These things have to be factored in to any trading analysis.

Considering that Bitcoin is generally in an uptrend it's normal that when the strategy of bots is summed it tends to follow this.
Pages: « 1 ... 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 [3875] 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: