May 22, 2024, 05:01:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 [4928] 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 ... 33374 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26387968 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:17:57 PM

too fast deflation

Sorry bro..

No more lies
No more lies
No more lies
No more lies
No more lies
No more lies
No more lies
No more lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkMsXcHQYg Wink

That is no lie, but it is the ugly truth of bitcoin, that most people involved with bitcoin aren't here because they are idealistic, moral and ethical. They are here because they are promised an easy way to get rich. The talks of freedom and liberty are just marketing techniques to sell bitcoins to those who know less.
Bitcoin kind of reminds me the communism movement. On the outside, it looked like idealistic people want to give more freedom and liberty to the people, but really they were just interested in redistributing power to their favor, while actually concentrating power even more then before.

That's just your cynical point of view, not the 'ugly truth'. You're just making assumptions as to what most people are in it for and that's your entire argument against it? I think for many it's a combination of things. Some see Bitcoin as a better form of money because there is no central authority having a monopoly on its creation and there is no limitless supply that can be created out of nowhere. It also cuts out middlemen like banks which is also a very positive thing for many. Others just see it as a practical tool to move money around and across borders almost for free. Anyway there are many reasons why people would like to get into Bitcoin, not just to make a lot of money. But even if it's only about becoming rich for some, how is that different from the people who invested early in Apple or Google? Are those companies bad because of greedy speculators/early adopters as well? There is a lot of risk involved with it too, so it's not an easy way to get rich at all because there is absolutely no guarantee that Bitcoin will succeed. I may lose it all if it fails. So in short I think your argument is flawed and biased but hey, you're entitled to your own opinion.
magicmexican

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:19:09 PM

The bank has to suffer some loss too. Its their mistake in the first place.

sorry lol, if you mistakenly receive some money and spend them / lose them, you are still responsible for the loss. maybe bank will be unable to recover and have to eat it, but you cannot seriously be proposing that gambling away money credited in error is somebody elses reponsibility??

So the bank goes scot free for its error? In my book the bank has to pay a fine too.

In the situation at hand it seems bitcoinbuilder is simply washing its hands off and the entire liability is on Magicmexican.

Problem is, i was not trading with anything "extra", all my trades in the past days were correct. But today when i logged in my acc, my balance was fucked up, i had more goxcoins than i had(not a ton more, just more), plus a pretty big negative "real btc" balance, and then Josh said that "the only way to get rid of it is to either deposit more real btc or sell goxbtc" - but even by selling 100% of my goxbtc i would still be in the negative, so i sent him another email, pressing the issue and saying that this is a fucking joke. And only after that email he took a part of my goxbtc to get rid of the negative balance. (Which i also did not like, because it looked like he was trying to put everything on me to see how i would react first)

I am still doing some calculations, but i think i ended up paying for their technical fuck up anyway. So thats that.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

That is the dumbest answer I've seen from you yet.

As much as it annoys me that you keep introducing new reasons of why bitcoin is not for you whenever an argument shows that it is not a black and white answer and bitcoin could have merit I do value that this discussion is taking place with solid arguments.

The potential for getting rich is a reflection of the high risks you are actually pointing out.
Bitcoin could be replaced by some other crypto currency.
All the points you are making are the reasons why bitcoins current value is what it is and why it might be magnitudes more once they are resolved.
Just like you many many people are saying the risk is too high.

Please don't put words into my mouth. I have never said that bitcoin is not for me. I have earned quite a buck with investing in bitcoin. The disagreement comes where I don't see that bitcoin has a very long future infront of it. I see about a year or maybe two.
And I have been telling if the problems with the current market threat is resolved, then the price can go up.

It seems that if you don't agree with the constant shouts of "now this is the bottom and it will go up!" or arguments like "bitcoin will be used for decades to come!" then people here will actually start to demonize you, with acting like you are saying things that you have never actually said.

Hi- just a thought... If Bitcoin has a year or two, then whatever is going to replace it, then it must already be around right now.... so which coin is it? and what does it do that is going to make it out compete Bitcoin in your opinion?

Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:25:40 PM

sorry lol, if you mistakenly receive some money and spend them / lose them, you are still responsible for the loss. maybe bank will be unable to recover and have to eat it, but you cannot seriously be proposing that gambling away money credited in error is somebody elses reponsibility??

So the bank goes scot free for its error? In my book the bank has to pay a fine too.

In the situation at hand it seems bitcoinbuilder is simply washing its hands off and the entire liability is on Magicmexican.

Problem is, i was not trading with anything "extra", all my trades in the past days were correct. But today when i logged in my acc, my balance was fucked up, i had more goxcoins than i had(not a ton more, just more), plus a pretty big negative "real btc" balance, and then Josh said that "the only way to get rid of it is to either deposit more real btc or sell goxbtc" - but even by selling 100% of my goxbtc i would still be in the negative, so i sent him another email, pressing the issue and saying that this is a fucking joke. And only after that email he took a part of my goxbtc to get rid of the negative balance. (Which i also did not like, because it looked like he was trying to put everything on me to see how i would react first)

I am still doing some calculations, but i think i ended up paying for their technical fuck up anyway. So thats that.

This gets murkier by the minute. Do post your results here after the calculations.

Basically it seems they added some goxbtcs into your account at a higher price than the current. That is completely on them, then.
magicmexican

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:27:47 PM

This gets murkier by the minute. Do post your results here after the calculations.

Basically it seems they added some goxbtcs into your account at a higher price than the current. That is completely on them, then.

The suggestion that i should have sold all my goxbtc to still have ~ -1realbtc negative balance was the worst part. I hope it was a mistake by them to even suggest that.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:31:24 PM

As much as it annoys me that you keep introducing new reasons of why bitcoin is not for you whenever an argument shows that it is not a black and white answer and bitcoin could have merit I do value that this discussion is taking place with solid arguments.

The potential for getting rich is a reflection of the high risks you are actually pointing out.
All the points you are making are the reasons why bitcoins current value is what it is and why it might be magnitudes more once they are resolved.

Please don't put words into my mouth. I have never said that bitcoin is not for me. I have earned quite a buck with investing in bitcoin. The disagreement comes where I don't see that bitcoin has a very long future infront of it. I see about a year or maybe two.
And I have been telling if the problems with the current market threat is resolved, then the price can go up.

It seems that if you don't agree with the constant shouts of "now this is the bottom and it will go up!" or arguments like "bitcoin will be used for decades to come!" then people here will actually start to demonize you, with acting like you are saying things that you have never actually said.

Hi- just a thought... If Bitcoin has a year or two, then whatever is going to replace it, then it must already be around right now.... so which coin is it? and what does it do that is going to make it out compete Bitcoin in your opinion?

Ripple.

Rumor has it that Jed is currently looking for a Frenchman who has a Frenchman roommate that both code to sell it to one of them for an undisclosed amount. Sometimes, you just can't make this shit up.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:34:00 PM

And found this too

MT.GOX Situation Crisis Strategy, not sure if this has been on here already.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

Thanks no-ones read that yet.

Note to self: Chang Hum has yet to discover Google or the search option on this forum.
yrtrnc

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:35:48 PM

Ripple.

Rumor has it that Jed is currently looking for a Frenchman who has a Frenchman roommate that both code to sell it to one of them for an undisclosed amount. Sometimes, you just can't make this shit up.

Ahh, so ripple was made by Mark K and his plan is to cripple bitcoin so his ripple will go to da moon!

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:39:14 PM

And found this too

Note to self: Chang Hum has yet to discover Google or the search option on this forum.

Note to self: Learn to add the sarcastic smiley at the end of sarcastic posts.
magicmexican

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:39:47 PM

DDos #btce
knarzo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:40:11 PM

Ripple.

You mean this ripple? --> http://ripplescam.org/
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:47:00 PM

I wonder why the bitcion builder price is as low as it is my thoughts are:

-Even if the crisis document is true than liability's/assets puts goxcoins at about 5-1, not 20-1 as is the current price.
-There's a speculative chance and good reason to believe that document was highly exaggerated or a takeover could be on the cards.
-The market fluctuates wildly I've got roughly 8k USD on that exchange after having pulled out my original 5k stake.

Any thoughts as to why it's so low?
magicmexican

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:48:59 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z30k4/bitcoin_builder_not_secure/

hm
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:49:02 PM

The suggestion that i should have sold all my goxbtc to still have ~ -1realbtc negative balance was the worst part. I hope it was a mistake by them to even suggest that.

It's possible if you bought yesterday... or worst, the day before, or worst, last week.
In fact anytime before now
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:49:39 PM

And found this too

Note to self: Learn to add the sarcastic smiley at the end of sarcastic posts.

Chang, please forgive me. I meant joburgtaxi. My first mistake this year.  Roll Eyes
xulescu

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:50:08 PM

There's so much FUD about Ripple...

The idea itself (credit networks) is well known and actually likely to work. The problems with Ripple itself are that
a. the devs can't explain shit
b. the investors can't understand shit

Ripples themselves are only transaction fees IOUs. They are not going "to the moon" and that is precisely why the devs essentially premined most of them.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:52:28 PM

mtgoxUSD
mtgoxEUR
mtgoxJPY
mtgoxGBP
mtgoxAUD
mtgoxPLN
mtgoxCAD
mtgoxCHF
mtgoxSEK
mtgoxNZD
mtgoxCNY
mtgoxSGD
mtgoxHKD
mtgoxDKK
mtgoxTHB
mtgoxRUB

That's 16 different exchanges in 16 different countries, none of which were linked to one another, and all having separate incorporation papers in their respective countries. Mt Gox (USD) just happened to be the largest one that we're all familiar with, but they all went dark at the same time.

Now, you tell me how can one going down affect the other 15 unless...

Take a look here if you don't believe me: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Josh, more fans please! The shit is piling up and needs to be circulated.
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:55:40 PM

Sounds messed up, tally up the logs any way you can asap. You need to know how builder arrives at their numbers.
magicmexican

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:00:56 PM

It's possible if you bought yesterday... or worst, the day before, or worst, last week.
In fact anytime before now

I dont think its true because i would notice if i got credited more Goxbtc than i should.

The account history *suggests* it might be true, in a way that very very small negative loands were added to the each trade (but did not appear on your balance), to the point that after doing many trades you "suddenly" own them like 5+ btc and at current rate of 0.05~ its impossible to recover from. Fucked up.

kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:03:12 PM

I tend to think that The digital currency hasn't been created yet. I'm still waiting for a team with proper funding and experience to enter this field. The potential is too big for single hobbyists.
Pages: « 1 ... 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 [4928] 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 ... 33374 »
  Print  

Jump to: