May 02, 2024, 03:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370671 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:43:31 PM

The newbie recruits who are easy to impress are waiting at south- and central-america. I'm waiting for bitcoin to enter those untouched markets. I would go back bullish for this new bubble and maybe I'll sing the same song with people here how bitcoin will save the world and how every time you buy a bitcoin, then you save a kitten.

Are you trolling me?  Embarrassed

Perhaps you weren't yet reading this thread when the Bitcoinrain/MercadoBitcoin case was discussed here.

We already have "bitcoin investment" here, thank you.

Some links to get you started:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46750.msg556437#msg556437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46750.msg3607991#msg3607991
http://defendaseudinheiro.com.br/a-verdadeira-historia-do-mercadobitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:43:34 PM

The price is so boring the last day or so that nobody bothers discussing it anymore...you know what this means?

WE HAVE DONE IT! BITCOIN IS FINALLY STABLE!
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:43:35 PM

Playboy removed the pay with bitcoin option. GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:45:09 PM

Playboy removed the pay with bitcoin option. GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER.

Damn ... I'll have to read Hustler again
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:46:48 PM

Bitcoin was already trusted in around 2011. Mainly in a drug community, but still.
The new currency needs security and a more user-friendly usability. The attention will come quickly because there is already a lot of attention on the subject. Bitcoin had to catch the attention on the entire subject itself. If a crypto emerges with better qualities, then people will start jumping cryptos fast. It's the nature of products that are supported mostly by hype. Support from hype is a fragile thing because people will get amazed by new alternatives very quickly. I think that doggecoin perfectly showed the nature of bitcoin. You don't even need a better quality product and simplistic lowbrow hype was all it needed to become quite popular.

Are you fucking joking? Bitcoin had no credibility in the eyes of the outside world back in 2011. SilkRoad was very small back then so you can't even say the online drug community trusted it. One fuckup after another along with the slow slide in price gave the few people who had heard of it ammunition to shit on Bitcoin at every opportunity. It all culminated in the infamous Rise and Fall of Bitcoin article in Wired at the end of the year. I need to stop now or I'll have nightmares about Bruce Wagner's grin and the mybitcoin heist. Where are you Tom Williams???

sickhouse

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:51:38 PM

The price is so boring the last day or so that nobody bothers discussing it anymore...you know what this means?

Hah, yeah untill the next bust of SR2 or the next big company bites the dust, or untill a new company shows up!
Dream on XX
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:54:31 PM

Just like proudhon announced in March 2012 Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68274.0
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:59:35 PM

Interesting little bit of trivia.... this happy looking chap for those of you that do not know is Joseph Goebbels, or Joe Gobbler as I like to call him

That chilling look of disdain on his face, is because he has literally just been told that the photographer taking the photos is Jewish!

Look at the pure hate!

So eyes, much hate!

As you were.

(Edit: Never forget the level of mindless assholes that exist in the world)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:02:53 PM

Explanation
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:04:13 PM

It was launched in 2009, your "trust" estimate is hardly quantifiable.. and now all of the coins have another element to slow them down "competition"
so the road you describe is not as simple as you make out.... and Dogecoin is still no where near as big at Bitcoin, and if you somehow think that it
will manage to overcome problems that you see in Bitcoin then I would like to know why, as I see problems coming for Doge, partly because it is a immature network. Besides we are not talking "become popular" you are saying get bigger than Bitcoin with 1 year or 2 , and it will be a superior coin, and that is does not exist yet... I am not refuting you outright... I am asking you to describe the birth and journey of this coin and what will make it what you say.

Also it is one thing to say that you can innovate a new coin, with superior features, that will appeal to people, but another to actually do it...

Writing, coding, testing, creating these special Bitcoin beating features you propose is all going to take time (I mean do you know what these features are? can you list some of them) as is getting miners onboard, and then reaching the network size of the BTC, unless they come up with a way to make a huge network spring up overnight.

I think there is going to be competition, and there will be "more than one"

But your timeframe of another coin reaching the network size, the marketcap, merchant use, public awareness etc of one to two years is tight...not impossible but tight... as in we must surely be seeing this coin be born anyday now?  

Please do keep me posted, I would be very interested to know about this coin as soon as it appears!

I think while you feel others overestimate the importance of the head start and network headstart of BTC, I think you are underestimating it, as I have said I do believe there will be competition, so I am not flat out not in agreement, but I guess the next coin, the one that take its rightful place where Ripple is now, will be half the marketcap of BTC in one years time... if it is lucky...

Doge showed me perfectly that even with a product, that has no edge in quality whatsoever, can become an popular alternative even with lowbrow hype. Now imagine a coin that has better qualities and a professional marketing team behind it.
Coding has never been my thing, but what I have understood is that bitcoin isn't a good invention, but it's a good innovation. Meaning that the code in bitcoin isn't very complex but the way that the code is used and combined to serve this particular idea is the impressive part. And the thing with innovations is that they can easily be replicated and bettered. So, I think that when building will be picked up by anyone else then just some young students who do it out of boredom, then it can actually be made more refined quite quickly.

I would value bitcoins headstart more if the development of code would be faster. But it is very very slow and changes that need to be done in my eyes are not even adressed as future plans. So I picture bitcoin to be about the same as it is now in 2 years time and other people will have probably released better quality alternatives.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:06:40 PM

yep.......but thats all past and gone..... .there were some nice scams all along the evolution of bitcoin and now there comes the final heist...

We are as you all surely remember at the point where the first 10 k insider moving wall at bitstamp came
along ( right 4 hours before bitidiot skimmed in )  and "the sucker" lost 150000 by executing the sell - off.

Its in no way exageration to remind you that your cold wallets as well will cut at least in half by next week
and given that Mark will never be put in cuffs or made responsible for stealing half a billion in BTC assets
bitcoin will lose traction on all fronts as it will be considered a ruthless scam in itself !

Who could change that ? The community by enforcing to see the names of the sellers at Gox or the mighty
insiders at bitcoinfoundation but as they have been mostly complicit in the shenenigans  they will do nothing but:

SELL
ardana123

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:10:58 PM

Is anyone not jealous of Mark's biceps in this picture? I know I am. He looks like he could punch through a concrete wall and decapitate the person standing on the other side of it.

kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:16:15 PM

The newbie recruits who are easy to impress are waiting at south- and central-america. I'm waiting for bitcoin to enter those untouched markets. I would go back bullish for this new bubble and maybe I'll sing the same song with people here how bitcoin will save the world and how every time you buy a bitcoin, then you save a kitten.

Are you trolling me?  Embarrassed

Perhaps you weren't yet reading this thread when the Bitcoinrain/MercadoBitcoin case was discussed here.

We already have "bitcoin investment" here, thank you.

Some links to get you started:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46750.msg556437#msg556437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46750.msg3607991#msg3607991
http://defendaseudinheiro.com.br/a-verdadeira-historia-do-mercadobitcoin/

All bitcoin needs over there is some well funded marketing, and the "investments" can begin Smiley The boom in China was triggered by just one piece in the national China news program. Now we only have to pay off some public figure over there to start promoting bitcoin as the solution to everything!
I know it's not nice to earn money at the expense of stupidity of other people, but if you do, then at least don't lie to yourself.

Africa would be the best place to promote bitcoin, because a lot of people there even get impressed by seeing heavy machinery. But sadly there is not a lot of internet in Africa..
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:23:05 PM

Wow... volume nearly non-existent
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:23:53 PM

Great time to be lending BTC on bitfinex - it is sitting at an incredible 0.35% daily right now!  That is around 127% APR - compounded daily which would make it an effective annual rate of over 255%!!  Why are more people not lending BTC over there??

Perhaps because they expect BTC shorts to get squeezed into margin calls and bankruptcy?
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:24:40 PM

Seems very bullish... a strong recovery for sure... better wire some money to gox to buy more coins.. oh wait, did something happen with gox?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:25:22 PM

Great time to be lending BTC on bitfinex - it is sitting at an incredible 0.35% daily right now!  That is around 127% APR - compounded daily which would make it an effective annual rate of over 255%!!  Why are more people not lending BTC over there??

Perhaps because they expect BTC shorts to get squeezed into margin calls and bankruptcy?

Yes, this is the #1 reason not to lend. Flash moves can simply wipe you out. However, Bitfinex has openly stated that it will roll back trades to protect liquidity providers, so take that for what you will.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:26:32 PM

Bearish  Sad
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:26:49 PM

It was launched in 2009, your "trust" estimate is hardly quantifiable.. and now all of the coins have another element to slow them down "competition"
so the road you describe is not as simple as you make out.... and Dogecoin is still no where near as big at Bitcoin, and if you somehow think that it
will manage to overcome problems that you see in Bitcoin then I would like to know why, as I see problems coming for Doge, partly because it is a immature network. Besides we are not talking "become popular" you are saying get bigger than Bitcoin with 1 year or 2 , and it will be a superior coin, and that is does not exist yet... I am not refuting you outright... I am asking you to describe the birth and journey of this coin and what will make it what you say.

Also it is one thing to say that you can innovate a new coin, with superior features, that will appeal to people, but another to actually do it...

Writing, coding, testing, creating these special Bitcoin beating features you propose is all going to take time (I mean do you know what these features are? can you list some of them) as is getting miners onboard, and then reaching the network size of the BTC, unless they come up with a way to make a huge network spring up overnight.

I think there is going to be competition, and there will be "more than one"

But your timeframe of another coin reaching the network size, the marketcap, merchant use, public awareness etc of one to two years is tight...not impossible but tight... as in we must surely be seeing this coin be born anyday now?  

Please do keep me posted, I would be very interested to know about this coin as soon as it appears!

I think while you feel others overestimate the importance of the head start and network headstart of BTC, I think you are underestimating it, as I have said I do believe there will be competition, so I am not flat out not in agreement, but I guess the next coin, the one that take its rightful place where Ripple is now, will be half the marketcap of BTC in one years time... if it is lucky...

Doge showed me perfectly that even with a product, that has no edge in quality whatsoever, can become an popular alternative even with lowbrow hype. Now imagine a coin that has better qualities and a professional marketing team behind it.
Coding has never been my thing, but what I have understood is that bitcoin isn't a good invention, but it's a good innovation. Meaning that the code in bitcoin isn't very complex but the way that the code is used and combined to serve this particular idea is the impressive part. And the thing with innovations is that they can easily be replicated and bettered. So, I think that when building will be picked up by anyone else then just some young students who do it out of boredom, then it can actually be made more refined quite quickly.

I would value bitcoins headstart more if the development of code would be faster. But it is very very slow and changes that need to be done in my eyes are not even adressed as future plans. So I picture bitcoin to be about the same as it is now in 2 years time and other people will have probably released better quality alternatives.

easily replicated if that is the case could Bitcoin not easily adopt the new feature, and continue on with its headstart, plus a neat new feature?
and really, easily replicated innovation? so I guess the 150 odd coins that have just come out did not want to easily replicate the innovation?
Do you think that innovation is the realm of big business? is that what you are hinting at? so you are saying that a corporate coin will pop up and it will easily innovate better features, because innovation is easy? or easier with more money?bigger teams budgets?

You do not code, but you are making judgement calls on innovation in coding, and making judgement calls on if more bells and whistles will actually make a better product... but you still have not said much about what these features are... these betetr qualities, ease of use as in? what else will it be able to do ? and why will it attract more miners to build a bigger better decentralised network? and in the next year , two at that.... its all one thing to accuse people who are Bitcoin cultists, of using the argument "because I say it is so" but you cannot then use that argument yourself.  What are the features? and have you considered that maybe certain features may have been left out on purpose?  and that not complex is part of its genius? you see I agree with you, Satoshi did miss a few things which are problematic to the network and they may be solved by a new coin , but the ease of use argument does not hold up as this is being delt with by the surrounding ecosystem...and while innovations can be replicated... with time, effort, money but most importantly brains, a decentralised distributed network has to grow.. again when the coin pops up, in the next lets say 6 months for it to fit into your timecales... then please tell me about it straight away... it will be obvious if it is so superior, and then while the miners are abandoing BTC and the network starts to shrink, then before this coin reaches say 3 billion market cap , then I will buy lots of them... so then it will be a 3rd/quarter of BTC if BTC price stays approx static,  that will be about right, so surely about a year off right?  but we should know in the next 6 months what that coin will be...  when you find it.... you must seek me out and tell me, and I will be all ears !!! when the moment comes remember to tell us all!! we are counting on you kkaspar- this is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

When it arrives I am IN.

probably
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:27:58 PM

Yes, this is the #1 reason not to lend. Flash moves can simply wipe you out. However, Bitfinex has openly stated that it will roll back trades to protect liquidity providers, so take that for what you will.

Not just stated. Have done within last couple of weeks. Like it or not they have put the reputation and security of lender money over profit of margin traders. People complain, but from a business perspective it's smart. It's still the best margin trading opp anywhere by far right now.
Pages: « 1 ... 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: