May 13, 2024, 12:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 15460 15461 15462 15463 15464 15465 15466 15467 15468 15469 15470 15471 15472 15473 15474 15475 15476 15477 15478 15479 15480 15481 15482 15483 15484 15485 15486 15487 15488 15489 15490 15491 15492 15493 15494 [15495] 15496 15497 15498 15499 15500 15501 15502 15503 15504 15505 15506 15507 15508 15509 15510 15511 15512 15513 15514 15515 15516 15517 15518 15519 15520 15521 15522 15523 15524 15525 15526 15527 15528 15529 15530 15531 15532 15533 15534 15535 15536 15537 15538 15539 15540 15541 15542 15543 15544 15545 ... 33344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:01:24 PM

Foreign investors are dumping US debt at record levels at the same time that US debt is at record levels.

Who is going to buy our US debt? That's all the US has left at this point. They certainly don't produce anything except for war and debt.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-treasury-securities-idUSKCN0Z2038

the entire global financial situation becomes the perfect storm for bitcoin. it could still fail, we all know. but future price hikes could also surprise even the biggest bitcoin-über bull by orders of magnitude. well, i am definetely a bit euphoric right now.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MySecondCunt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:01:55 PM

> sovereign and corporate and private debt levels are sane
You don't understand what debt is. It's not a bad thing you imagine it to be.
If you owe me money, for instance, I'd be much less likely to rob or kill you. Because then you'll never pay me back.

So following the same logic, if you loan me money, I am more likely to kill you because then I won't have to pay you back?  

It's true. You're also more likely to make me poorer, by simply not paying me back.
That's why lenders do risk assessment and charge appropriate interest. And why jackbooted thugs are retained by both parties, to make such killings unprofitable (albeit less unprofitable for the borrower).
I'm surprised you haven't thought of this yourself Smiley

>That's all the US has left at this point
Might have something else left, Elwar. Hint: you work for them Smiley

As I said "don't produce anything except for war and debt". Though they both tend to go hand in hand.

So stop fueling the war machine, Elmo. Stop working for the US military, stop colluding with those jackbooted mofos. Why does this even need to be said?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:05:39 PM

Foreign investors are dumping US debt at record levels at the same time that US debt is at record levels.

Who is going to buy our US debt? That's all the US has left at this point. They certainly don't produce anything except for war and debt.

the entire global financial situation becomes the perfect storm for bitcoin. it could still fail, we all know. but future price hikes could also surprise even the biggest bitcoin-über bull by orders of magnitude. well, i am definetely a bit euphoric right now.

But any gains in "dollar value" made from the economy crumbling will not increase buying value too much. If it costs $10,000 for a loaf of bread and the bitcoin price is $10,737 it will not be that great of an outcome. Though it would probably push the price up as people who still have money try to find a safe haven for their money.

And people with dollars will be up shit creek trying to buy a $10,000 loaf of bread if their salary does not also rise as quickly.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:07:32 PM

If you owe me money, for instance, I'd be much less likely to rob or kill you. Because then you'll never pay me back.

So following the same logic, if you loan me money, I am more likely to kill you because then I won't have to pay you back?  

It's true. You're also more likely to make me poorer, by simply not paying me back.
That's why lenders do risk assessment and charge appropriate interest. And why jackbooted thugs are retained by both parties, to make such killings unprofitable (albeit less unprofitable for the borrower).

As I said "don't produce anything except for war and debt". Though they both tend to go hand in hand.

So stop fueling the war machine, Elmo. Stop working for the US military, stop colluding with those jackbooted mofos. Why does this even need to be said?

Stop giving the idiots in Congress money. I can't help if those idiots want to give me a lot of money to make American voters feel "safe".

I've stopped paying taxes. That does more to stop the war machine than me opening up a slot for someone else to fill.
MySecondCunt

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:15:59 PM

Stop giving the idiots in Congress money. I can't help if those idiots want to give me a lot of money to make American voters feel "safe".

You are literally one of the jackbooted thugs you claim to despise. You *ARE* Robert Sterling Wilson, The Black Führer of Harlem Roll Eyes
You're Waffen SS Freiwilligen because you can't help it, the pay is good. "Stop supporting Hitler," you say, "and I'll quit Waffen SS."
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:19:43 PM

But any gains in "dollar value" made from the economy crumbling will not increase buying value too much. If it costs $10,000 for a loaf of bread and the bitcoin price is $10,737 it will not be that great of an outcome. Though it would probably push the price up as people who still have money try to find a safe haven for their money.

And people with dollars will be up shit creek trying to buy a $10,000 loaf of bread if their salary does not also rise as quickly.

right, a global financial blow-off could create chaos in which bitcoin is worthless. it could survive, though.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:20:53 PM

I've stopped paying taxes. That does more to stop the war machine than me opening up a slot for someone else to fill.

He's not giving them money. They take it, and give it to you. And you're ok with this.

Let's play Jeopardy!

the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:21:15 PM

"Wall Observer" Alert
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:21:44 PM

You are literally one of the jackbooted thugs you claim to despise. You *ARE* Robert Sterling Wilson, The Black Führer of Harlem Roll Eyes
You're Waffen SS Freiwilligen because you can't help it, the pay is good. "Stop supporting Hitler," you say, "and I'll quit Waffen SS."

You are literally paying my salary.

Thank you for your money.
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:22:03 PM

The drop from 755 to 730 a couple of hours ago has had zero impact as we climb again. Haven't seen such strong support for, literally, years. This is 2013 all over again, with added rockets
MySecondCunt

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:24:11 PM

Roll Eyes
 “I have never seen a more sublime demonstration of the totalitarian mind, a mind which might be linked unto a system of gears where teeth have been filed off at random. Such snaggle-toothed thought machine, driven by a standard or even by a substandard libido, whirls with the jerky, noisy, gaudy pointlessness of a cuckoo clock in Hell.
The boss G-man concluded wrongly that there were no teeth on the gears in the mind of Jones. 'You're completely crazy,' he said.
Jones wasn't completely crazy. The dismaying thing about classic totalitarian mind is that any given gear, thought mutilated, will have at its circumference unbroken sequences of teeth that are immaculately maintained, that are exquisitely machined.
Hence the cuckoo clock in Hell - keeping perfect time for eight minutes and twenty-three seconds, jumping ahead fourteen minutes, keeping perfect time for six seconds, jumping ahead two seconds, keeping perfect time for two hours and one second, then jumping ahead a year.
The missing teeth, of course, are simple, obvious truths, truths available and comprehensible even to ten-year-olds, in most cases.
The wilful filling off a gear teeth, the wilful doing without certain obvious pieces of information -
That was how a household as contradictory as one composed of Jones, Father Keeley, Vice-Bundesfuehrer Krapptauer, and the Black Fuehrer could exist in relative harmony -
That was how my father-in-law could contain in one mind an indifference toward slave women and love fora a blue vase -
That was how Rudolf Hess, Commandant of Auschwitz, could alternate over the loudspeakers of Auschwitz great music and calls for corpse-carriers -
That was how Nazi Germany sense no important difference between civilization and hydrophobia -
That is the closest I can come to explaining the legions, the nations of lunatics I've seen in my time.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:24:43 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 01:56:56 PM by toknormal

J.T. Borgan (<-- libel mitigation format) have got a stash of about 6M bitcoins that they've been accumulating over the last 5 years as part of a due diligence programme in case things get "out of hand".

They have a dedicated team of crack traders permanently assigned to the bitcoin market who carry out co-ordinated surge mitigation designed to pummel bullish sentiment at strategic points in the asset's growth such as the manoeuvre we just witnessed an hour ago where a potential rally got dowsed just at a key moment when the 30-minute chart was about to go green and the CNY valuation was about to hit 5000.

The footprint from this excersise can be seen here on the 30 minute MACD which has now gone negative again.

The J.T. Borgan surge mitigation team (and their industry counterparts at P.B.O.C., FED, BofE, ECB) have been well aware for years of the potential of cryptographic assets to burst the debt bubble and loaded up a long time ago as a matter of due diligence in order to be able to take full control of the market in the event of a debt/fiat deposit crisis.

Moreover, their crack trader teams are able to carry out their operations on a sustainable basis due to being able to front run the market using inside knowledge of when the co-ordinated manoevres are coming.

Enjoy !!  Wink
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:26:48 PM

He's not giving them money. They take it, and give it to you. And you're ok with this.

Let's play Jeopardy!

the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

Something tells me Lambie is completely supportive of the government taking peoples' money.

I've fought this as much as I can, including a run for Congress and much time and effort supporting Ron Paul's candidacy...twice. I submit to the stupidity of the American voter. Time to take care of myself and find freedom in my life and not worry about people that don't want to help themselves.
Jord33

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:33:15 PM

Roll Eyes
 “I have never seen a more sublime demonstration of the totalitarian mind, a mind which might be linked unto a system of gears where teeth have been filed off at random. Such snaggle-toothed thought machine, driven by a standard or even by a substandard libido, whirls with the jerky, noisy, gaudy pointlessness of a cuckoo clock in Hell.
The boss G-man concluded wrongly that there were no teeth on the gears in the mind of Jones. 'You're completely crazy,' he said.
Jones wasn't completely crazy. The dismaying thing about classic totalitarian mind is that any given gear, thought mutilated, will have at its circumference unbroken sequences of teeth that are immaculately maintained, that are exquisitely machined.
Hence the cuckoo clock in Hell - keeping perfect time for eight minutes and twenty-three seconds, jumping ahead fourteen minutes, keeping perfect time for six seconds, jumping ahead two seconds, keeping perfect time for two hours and one second, then jumping ahead a year.
The missing teeth, of course, are simple, obvious truths, truths available and comprehensible even to ten-year-olds, in most cases.
The wilful filling off a gear teeth, the wilful doing without certain obvious pieces of information -
That was how a household as contradictory as one composed of Jones, Father Keeley, Vice-Bundesfuehrer Krapptauer, and the Black Fuehrer could exist in relative harmony -
That was how my father-in-law could contain in one mind an indifference toward slave women and love fora a blue vase -
That was how Rudolf Hess, Commandant of Auschwitz, could alternate over the loudspeakers of Auschwitz great music and calls for corpse-carriers -
That was how Nazi Germany sense no important difference between civilization and hydrophobia -
That is the closest I can come to explaining the legions, the nations of lunatics I've seen in my time.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night
Still laughing that you seemed to comprehend your street and global as the same thing.
MySecondCunt

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:34:41 PM

Let's play Jeopardy!

Something tells me Lambie is completely supportive of the government taking peoples' money.

I've fought this as much as I can, including becoming a jackbooted thug myself. I don't actually do the killing, I just shine their jackboots. The pay is great.
FTFY
> including a run for Congress
Hmm... super surprised you didn't win. Wonder why? Roll Eyes

@Jord33 re. "Still laughing that you seemed to comprehend your street and global as the same thing."
I asked for specifics, got nothing but hand-waving.
But sure, global economy is a superset of all of the microeconomies, a sum total of all the "streets."
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:44:28 PM

Let's play Jeopardy!

I've fought this as much as I can, including becoming a jackbooted thug myself. I don't actually do the killing, I just shine their jackboots. The pay is great.

FTFY

The pay certainly is great. The government loves throwing away money.

If only all of that money was being given to non-tax paying libertarians who are immediately converting it to bitcoins. They would be out of power in a year. Wars would end, jackbooted thugs would be out of jobs and we could move forward with a solid economy based around freedom.
MySecondCunt

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:49:32 PM

Let's play Jeopardy!

FTFY

The pay certainly is great. The government loves throwing away money.

If only all of that money was being given to non-tax paying libertarians who are immediately converting it to bitcoins. They would be out of power in a year. Wars would end, jackbooted thugs would be out of jobs and we could move forward with a solid economy based around freedom.

So let me get this straight, you're paid to be a jackbooted thug, you are a jackbooted thug, and this, somehow, will take down the US government?
How is this any different than trying to bankrupt Hitler by joining Waffen-SS? Or do you think that's perfectly reasonable too?
Help me out here, Black Führer of Harlem, explain this shit.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 02:00:57 PM

So let me get this straight, you're paid to be a jackbooted thug, you are a jackbooted thug, and this, somehow, will take down the US government?
How is this any different than trying to bankrupt Hitler by joining Waffen-SS? Or go you think that's perfectly reasonable too?

You vote for Hitler, you fund Hitler, you support Hitler, you troll people who are trying to change the system that put Hitler in place, then you complain about his jackboots. This is perfectly reasonable to you?
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:07:20 PM

How is this any different than trying to bankrupt Hitler by joining Waffen-SS? Or go you think that's perfectly reasonable too?

You vote for Hitler, you fund Hitler, you support Hitler, you troll people who are trying to change the system that put Hitler in place, then you complain about his jackboots. This is perfectly reasonable to you?

OK guys, you've proven Godwin's Law.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 02:08:01 PM

OK guys, you've proven Godwin's Law.

Yep.

And now back to my usual ignoring of Lambie clones.
Pages: « 1 ... 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 15460 15461 15462 15463 15464 15465 15466 15467 15468 15469 15470 15471 15472 15473 15474 15475 15476 15477 15478 15479 15480 15481 15482 15483 15484 15485 15486 15487 15488 15489 15490 15491 15492 15493 15494 [15495] 15496 15497 15498 15499 15500 15501 15502 15503 15504 15505 15506 15507 15508 15509 15510 15511 15512 15513 15514 15515 15516 15517 15518 15519 15520 15521 15522 15523 15524 15525 15526 15527 15528 15529 15530 15531 15532 15533 15534 15535 15536 15537 15538 15539 15540 15541 15542 15543 15544 15545 ... 33344 »
  Print  

Jump to: