May 06, 2024, 04:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 15800 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 [15843] 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 15856 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 15867 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 15873 15874 15875 15876 15877 15878 15879 15880 15881 15882 15883 15884 15885 15886 15887 15888 15889 15890 15891 15892 15893 ... 33327 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372976 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 03:06:28 PM

Did you get a wall mount for it?

Just used 3 3M transparent wall mount hooks hack similar like this:

That's cool, I did some research beforehand and several people came up with their own wall mount solutions for tablets such as yours. There are some universal wall mounts that look pretty hideous and decent ones that cost over $150 just for the mount, but it is hidden.

The tablet I use is made to be mounted on the wall and the power chord is behind it so you can either run power behind (in the wall) it or just paint the line like I did.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:16:34 PM

Did you get a wall mount for it?

Just used 3 3M transparent wall mount hooks hack similar like this:

That's cool, I did some research beforehand and several people came up with their own wall mount solutions for tablets such as yours. There are some universal wall mounts that look pretty hideous and decent ones that cost over $150 just for the mount, but it is hidden.

The tablet I use is made to be mounted on the wall and the power chord is behind it so you can either run power behind (in the wall) it or just paint the line like I did.

I check out bensbargains.net very often, you can easily get an OK tablet for about $20-$40 range. I'm sure there is an equivalent deals site in Germany. Since they come in different sizes, a recessed mount is not suitable for the situation that you are going to replace it once a year. $150 would be crazy relative to the price of the tablet. I had to live with the wire exposed in some way. Maybe your solution is more tailored to people with OCD hahaha.
tomothy

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:32:23 PM

gearbest.com has some nice stuff too

Also, it appears that the polo hack from 2015 is legit, and some of the login/pwd information is still working if those users have not recently changed pwds.
So, Public service announcement, Change your PWDS!
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4480

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:19:32 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Same old same old...  $578 on Bitcoinaverage. Nothing new here.
_______

@ Savetherainforest:

Yes I do have a white beard but not of the Popeye variety. The dude in my avatar is Mr. Natural, a character created by 1960s underground cartoonist Robert Crumb.

The beard's mid-length now. I trim it short every spring and let it grow until it's long enough by Christmas to put on my Santa tux and do my annual Xmas show.
_______

@ Infofront & Chef Ramsay:

I'd love to see a series between the Jays and Tigers. I hate the fact they moved the Tigers to the central division. I used to love the great rivalry we had back in the 1980s with Steib vs Morris, etc.

My mother was from Windsor Ontario so I grew up surrounded by Tigers culture. Before the Jays were created 40 years ago, the Tigers were my favorite AL team.

That said, go Jays go.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:35:07 PM

Tweeted @ohyperjacked

Target price is 520$ within two weeks

Cheers

Totally agree Smiley

I think that's something inappropriate thoughts. Because I see that the growth of the bitcoin will continue until the end of the year 2016, So this is just the time when we are experiencing displacement use bitcoin became little more than a few months ago. keep most of the bitcoin we have and get the result at the end of the year. You don't worry I am sure the end of the year later price bitcoin will reach $ 1 k

Lots of moving pieces and it's more complex than meets the eye...

Just because ppl want 1k$ again for example is a reason to suck in unsavvy investors.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:11:43 PM

and also, let's build up (and continue to build up) our user base.

Not possible, Bitcoin is running at max capacity (250,000 tx per day). New users can only be added if existing users use Bitcoin less.

Maybe we can just agree to disagree?  I think that you are just making shit up, when you are suggesting that bitcoin is running at max capacity,

Do your homework for once. Look up the number of daily transactions, and look up how many transactions on average fit into 144 blocks of 1 MB. (I don't dare to point to any source anymore, because you'll say they perhaps fake the numbers. So choose your own source.)

Why do I need to do any further homework than I have already done?

Because you still don't get it.

I have already asserted facts that are true, and that is that transactions are continuing to be processed in a timely manner and for very low fees,

Fact: users can only be added if existing users use Bitcoin less. You did nothing to assert anything that invalidates this fact. I didn't say anything about processing times or fees. You make things up.

so why are you continuing to suggest a problem when there is no problem?

Because your call to "continue to build up our user base" cannot happen without existing users using Bitcoin less.

Main questions are whether transactions are being processed securely in a timely manner, value is being kept secure and how much does it cost to transmit value in this system relative to other systems..

Can if adoption stalls.

Bitcoin remains way ahead of any competition for what it provides, which is decentralized immutability..

Will remain ahead if adoption stalls.

Where's the problem?

You called for building up our user base. It's one or the other. There's your problem.

and why would there be any burden on me to provide further evidence?

Because you can't have your cake and eat it.

Maybe this question of "maxed out" is a matter of perception, because I perceive bitcoin to be quite well functional and well under capacity,

I didn't say that the "functionality" is maxxed out (if such a thing even exists). Only the capacity. Which is maximum 250,000 transactions per day (1 block holds about 1700 tx, there are about 144 blocks in 24 hours). And the past half year there are about 200,000 to 250,000 tx per day on average. No perception here, just facts.

O.k... then your facts are a big so fucking what? 

So fucking correct.

No need for me to repeat here what I have already asserted above in response to the early comment and in my earlier posts in this same topic.

You asserted other things.

I don't agree to disagree about facts. Now, are there on average 200,000 to 250,000 tx per day in during the last months or not? A simple 'yes' or 'no, look at this source here...' suffices.

I am suggesting to agree to disagree about the conclusion regarding the supposed facts and the extent to which the facts that you are presenting matter.  If it is maxed out, so fucking what, there is no problem being created..
[/quote]

Ah, the first tiny step towards acknowledging that Bitcoin is running at (almost) full capacity.

transactions are still being processed in a timely manner and for a relatively low fee level.. furthermore there are additional innovations on the cusp of being introduced.. so where is the problem exactly?

Of course, you have to keep digressing. A simple yes or no is too much to ask JJG.

And what are you suggesting to be the solution exactly?

I am way past suggensting anything to you. I'll stick with the cold hard facts. It's tough enough to let you understand those.

Are you suggesting that this supposed problem that you are asserting is interfering with adoption in any kind of significant and material way? 

Wow, sure! If all transactions are used, new transactions can only take place if other are not. Amazing, isn't it?

Are you suggesting that bitcoin prices are being held down because of such a supposed problem?

No, I fiercely resist making any suggestions. Still.

What is the problem, exactly?

That the user base cannot grow unless the existing users use Bitcoin less.

The burden is on you to describe the problem

And a burden it is. How many times did I describe the problem already? I lost count...

rather than on me to describe why there is not a problem

I didn't ask you that. I only asked for a source showing the number of daily transactions is less than 200,000-250,000 transactions per day (i.e. full capacity).

spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:12:54 PM

And the central banks are saying what they're doing isn't enough...that they need to think up some more extreme measures because the market isn't "reacting" the way they'd hoped when they opened the floodgates.

Everybody who is somebody knows there is only 1 option.  The monetary velocity has frozen; the debts are unserviceable; the only way forward is a giant revaluation of gold where all national currencies take a huge haircut in the process.  Each nation can't simultaneously devalue against each other in a currency war because then you accomplish nothing if everyone does it.  Instead of trying to rig gold in place and devalue against each other, they have to let gold float free and then re-integrate it somehow.

If you try to freeze gold in place and just print your way out of it, you get hyperinflation.  If you let gold free float and then let it rise and re-integrate it in some manner, then you might be able to avoid the eventual hyperinflation outcome of printing to avoid deflationary collapse.  It's kind of a situation where the writing is on the wall for the death of these fiat currencies, so they can either transition to gold and silver in a semi-turbulent but non-armageddon manner, or just have a new Dark Ages that comes with Weimar republic, wheelbarrow hyperinflation after they have to print to avoid deflationary collapse.

Of course, the conspiracy is, they might WANT a hard collapse to use as an excuse to usher in some new Jewish slave planation government model and one world currency they've cooked up.  The Jews love to hawk this stuff off to useful idiot Goys in high positions of power pretending they're all on the same team of "high tier big powerful guys", when the team is really just Zionist jews vs everyone else.  The goys in expensive suits are just disposable useful idiots who will be tossed out with the trash.  

All of you moron branch bankers reading this need to turn on the Jews before they turn on you.  When they took over Russia, the first thing they did was holocaust all the goys.  They'll try to put anyone in a high position of power who isn't a member of team Zionist in front of a firing squad after the dollar implodes and you have world chaos, just like Russia all over again.  And that's what will happen even if you willingly act as their useful idiot servant.  Why do you think they're trying to start war with Russia?  Because Russia was the last major victim of the Jews and they refuse to be scammed and murdered again.

I was with you up until the racism.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:27:21 PM

Andre, your rationale is broken.

Let's say tomorrow morning block size is 10mb.

I spam it to "full blocks". After all, fees are dirt cheap (even now, 42k txs were processed in the last 24hrs for near zero fees at the 0 to 9 satoshi range - https://bitcoinfees.21.co ) since there's around 0.7-0.8mb actual demand (or at least pretending to be actual by paying 10+ satoshi) and no practical fee competition for the rest 9.3mb.

So once I do that, I come and tell you that there is no room for new users because txs are maxed out.

Spot the fallacy.

No, it's your rationale that is broken. Because you assume that low paying txs are spam. But if they are spam, why pay anything? It's like saying the passenger who bough a $10 plane ticket isn't really going anywhere -- he's just spamming the airplane, because his ticket is so cheap (look! 42 of the 250 passengers had a $10 ticket on the last flight!). I disagree with your assumption. I think cheap customers are still real users of the airline. And by selling their seats to others who pay more, you are not flying more passengers. You are not increasing the user base.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:39:52 AM

Andre, your rationale is broken.

Let's say tomorrow morning block size is 10mb.

I spam it to "full blocks". After all, fees are dirt cheap (even now, 42k txs were processed in the last 24hrs for near zero fees at the 0 to 9 satoshi range - https://bitcoinfees.21.co ) since there's around 0.7-0.8mb actual demand (or at least pretending to be actual by paying 10+ satoshi) and no practical fee competition for the rest 9.3mb.

So once I do that, I come and tell you that there is no room for new users because txs are maxed out.

Spot the fallacy.

No, it's your rationale that is broken. Because you assume that low paying txs are spam. But if they are spam, why pay anything? It's like saying the passenger who bough a $10 plane ticket isn't really going anywhere -- he's just spamming the airplane, because his ticket is so cheap (look! 42 of the 250 passengers had a $10 ticket on the last flight!). I disagree with your assumption. I think cheap customers are still real users of the airline. And by selling their seats to others who pay more, you are not flying more passengers. You are not increasing the user base.

You may disagree all you want but the reality of economics is that if you give the service for free or near-zero, it will attract abuse. And you can label that abuse as "use", to make the case for 10mb or 10GB blocks - which even them can be filled by abuse, and then you will be asking for 10 PB blocks: You implement circular logic, using the maxed transactions as evidence for "we can't have new users", forgetting that one can max out any tx limit if the cost for doing so tends to zero.

Your logic is also provably problematic, because altcoins have actually tried adaptive block sizes where the block just grows with use - and guess what happened.... Abuse happened. It started growing and growing in tx count, and then the blockchain was getting more bloated and more bloated, and guess what was the reaction... Minimum fee was raised. A LOT. So, in the end, while block size was "infinite" to cover any demand, in reality it was just only serving top-paying customers to keep bloat to a minimum and prevent spamming.

If the block has ample size for txs and if fee tends to zero, abuse will tend to max block size - just because some random hacker or script-kiddie wants to do that. You either implement a minimum fee threshold and larger sizes, or you let a block size that is ok for the market demands and allow a level of abuse with free/near-zero fees (like we have right now).
BathSaltsDealer

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:59:39 AM

Yo Bitcoin, you really banging!

Was it everything you thought it would be?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 01:35:48 AM

So I'm working on this, figured I'd give folks here a first peek since you're the ones that would appreciate having something like this.

The final product will have a better price display that I'm still working on, I just grabbed a zoom in of bitcoinity for this stage of development.

Price would probably be around $125 to $150 to make a profit.

Is this something you would buy?

savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:42:39 AM

And the central banks are saying what they're doing isn't enough...that they need to think up some more extreme measures because the market isn't "reacting" the way they'd hoped when they opened the floodgates.

Everybody who is somebody knows there is only 1 option.  The monetary velocity has frozen; the debts are unserviceable; the only way forward is a giant revaluation of gold where all national currencies take a huge haircut in the process.  Each nation can't simultaneously devalue against each other in a currency war because then you accomplish nothing if everyone does it.  Instead of trying to rig gold in place and devalue against each other, they have to let gold float free and then re-integrate it somehow.

If you try to freeze gold in place and just print your way out of it, you get hyperinflation.  If you let gold free float and then let it rise and re-integrate it in some manner, then you might be able to avoid the eventual hyperinflation outcome of printing to avoid deflationary collapse.  It's kind of a situation where the writing is on the wall for the death of these fiat currencies, so they can either transition to gold and silver in a semi-turbulent but non-armageddon manner, or just have a new Dark Ages that comes with Weimar republic, wheelbarrow hyperinflation after they have to print to avoid deflationary collapse.

Of course, the conspiracy is, they might WANT a hard collapse to use as an excuse to usher in some new Jewish slave planation government model and one world currency they've cooked up.  The Jews love to hawk this stuff off to useful idiot Goys in high positions of power pretending they're all on the same team of "high tier big powerful guys", when the team is really just Zionist jews vs everyone else.  The goys in expensive suits are just disposable useful idiots who will be tossed out with the trash.  

All of you moron branch bankers reading this need to turn on the Jews before they turn on you.  When they took over Russia, the first thing they did was holocaust all the goys.  They'll try to put anyone in a high position of power who isn't a member of team Zionist in front of a firing squad after the dollar implodes and you have world chaos, just like Russia all over again.  And that's what will happen even if you willingly act as their useful idiot servant.  Why do you think they're trying to start war with Russia?  Because Russia was the last major victim of the Jews and they refuse to be scammed and murdered again.

Wasn't there a planet named Zion??  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anyway... I have been keeping an eye on everything. And you are right! They actually try to make people very complacent... And they try to buy video games, social medias... anything remotely with a psychological influence that can increase performance and demand for progress or the idea of reaching perfection.

And here Roach... we enter to some fringe sh!t... for example my expertise I deal in some weird sh!t... and one of the things is that in the future people will want to be homogeneous! And the concept seems insane at first... But the alternative would be to destroy all surveillance technology or find ways to make safe zones or dedicated blind spots. People in the future will want to look all the same... have the same height, weight, body features... And the same goes for language and writing patterns... Also fingerprints and iris scans... everything will be blocked... no access to information of one self.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:48:33 AM

The whole thing was a horrid rampaging rant until the racism, then it went from bad to farcial. Roach must really be drunk tonight. Roach, I'm not about to disect all this shit you said, but I can tell you for sure that the dollar ain't going to collapse anytime soon, not in our lifetimes for sure.
savetherainforest

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:50:17 AM

The whole thing was a horrid rampaging rant until the racism, then it went from bad to farcial. Roach must really be drunk tonight. Roach, I'm not about to disect all this shit you said, but I can tell you for sure that the dollar ain't going to collapse anytime soon, not in our lifetimes for sure.

If by collapse you understand cease to exist... maybe not... But collapse as in you need 4000-5000$ to buy a loaf of bread... yep.. that will happen actually in a few years! .. Venezuela 2.0 in US.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:01:44 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 04:31:41 AM by r0ach

Stop being a coward.  Nobody says it's "racist" to talk about the Italian mafia.  It just so happens there's a Jewish mafia running the media, political system, and financial system that is more crooked and powerful than the Italian mafia ever dreamed of.  If they fail to police their own kind and don't place all these sith lords like Soros in a dungeon, the world will eventually collecively punish them again.  

It's a Machiavellian issue.  They operate as a hive mind collective, so just tossing one in jail probably does nothing.  You can't beat collectivists without a collectivist solution.  That is why collective punishment was used against them the first time and is likely the only way to fix the problem at all.  If you're happy being a Jew servant and being financially and cognitively raped for your entire existence, then good for you, but not everyone is a beta male servant boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuzpFMWReZw
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:43:48 AM

If by collapse you understand cease to exist... maybe not... But collapse as in you need 4000-5000$ to buy a loaf of bread... yep.. that will happen actually in a few years! .. Venezuela 2.0 in US.

Not gonna happen, nutball.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:22:25 AM

Stop being a coward.  Nobody says it's "racist" to talk about the Italian mafia.  It just so happens there's a Jewish mafia running the media, political system, and financial system that is more crooked and powerful than the Italian mafia ever dreamed of.  If they fail to police their own kind and don't place all these sith lords like Soros in a dungeon, the world will eventually collecively punish them again.  

It's a Machiavellian issue.  They operate as a hive mind collective, so just tossing one in jail probably does nothing.  You can't beat collectivists without a collectivist solution.  That is why collective punishment was used against them the first time and is likely the only way to fix the problem at all.  If you're happy being a Jew servant and being financially and cognitively raped for your entire existence, then good for you, but not everyone is a beta male servant boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuzpFMWReZw

r0ach wants another holocaust?

Shocked
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:51:11 AM

Looks to me like Roach has either gone f'g nuts or he's drunk, let's see if this ranting continues.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 10:33:09 AM

There is a large triangle formed during the last 4 weeks, it should break one way or another in less than a week.
If it will break up, it won't go far IMO, but could form the wave 1 of a new rally.
But if it will go up nicely, close to 750$, then correct, then this would be very bullish IMO.
savetherainforest

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 10:34:50 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 05:20:38 PM by savetherainforest

Not gonna happen, nutball.

I think r0ach has some point... but I think its the fault of specific countries/states ... For example my country has a higher percentage of jews than America... and we get along just fine.. and our countries monetary central bank Governor is a jew... and we know that.. and we don't care. As long as they are productive members of society and add value, we just don't care. And we know we are lied all the time so jews we would just throw them in to the mix with the other corrupt lying politicians. I think we would have more of a Hungarian or Russian problem than anything else... For example the minority Hungarians just refuse to cooperate and be prosperous... I remember my father when I was little passed through one of those hungarian villages... and he wanted to buy a bread, biscuits and something else... And the motherf**king scum b!t#h didn't want to sell cause he was not speaking Hungarian... can you believe that sh!t?.. who on Earth would not accept money!??

Anyway... besides that little story... You do know that America has the most dividends right? America is a bag holder... Also US has the most polluted water sources and soils. If you would try to plant in the GMO soils anything else than GMO ... you will fail miserable for at least half a century! ... For example if you place 2 different species of plants they both on their roots fight for dominance and produce a chemical substance that is supposed to kill the other one! ... Meaning that your soil is infested with many species of chemicals that are toxic for other species of vegetation. Also your water supplies... I've seen recently that in some states they ease regulations for adding more and higher concentrations of cancer producing chemicals... Meaning that they know about the deep underground aquifers have problems with contamination and they need to make the general population to used to/accommodated with a higher intake of toxic material since they will have a shortage problem in the future with the clean water supply.

I say this in advance because I see it... the world as we know it will change in the future.. we have a problem with the global fresh water supply. If we don't figure out a way to implement mass recycling of the water like they do on the space station or something like that... or at least try to repurpose most of the water to other wasteful traditions of our society, so we can salvage what we can from this sh!tshow... Also you know that the US cut down 91% of the virgin forest landmass of America since Columbus in 1500+ ? ... You didn't knew that did you...

Now it stands at _9% ...   Roll Eyes

Forest... Yeah.. right...

Bullsh!t... I would call that an ecological disaster. You have "so much" virgin forests left on the East coast. (noted with "Evergreen" on the legend map)

*Edit: ... Yeah... got a bit off-track there.. forgot what was about till later... Cheesy ... The main conclusion was that the USA in the near future as I don't see any cleaning but more dumping, will be a massive wasteland.

*Edit2: And I see people moving actually right now away from Murica... Smiley ... Because they are the ones that know how polluted is your country. And when everyone figures that out, it will be a failure state since it is easier to move to some other place than start cleaning all those toxic, radioactive wastes... I mean why risk getting involved and in harms way when you can just dump and leave. Like in any trading system... just dump and abandon ship.

*Edit3: And the first reaction of the rest of the world will be to stop importing goods with risk of contamination from the US. The money moves where the people and the goods move. The US dollar is a mirage, a hope that once was. And there is a trend of people buying Silver,Gold & Bitcoin... What do you think it will happen when devaluation is out of control... And those billionairs and millions of millionairs figure out they need to get rid of all their money and get in to something with more value?? ... As I said.. Venezuela 2.0!
Pages: « 1 ... 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 15800 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 [15843] 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 15851 15852 15853 15854 15855 15856 15857 15858 15859 15860 15861 15862 15863 15864 15865 15866 15867 15868 15869 15870 15871 15872 15873 15874 15875 15876 15877 15878 15879 15880 15881 15882 15883 15884 15885 15886 15887 15888 15889 15890 15891 15892 15893 ... 33327 »
  Print  

Jump to: